InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Answers ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t Inuyasha or any of the original cast.
Chapter 11-Answers
Kagome came downstairs to find that her brother Souta and her Grandfather had already gone upstairs for bed. As she sat down beside Sesshomaru she could feel her mother’s eyes watching her. She then began to feel Sesshomaru running his fingers through her hair and laid her head on his shoulder. Kagome then watched as her mother turned the television off and looked at Kagome.
“Mom we need to talk to you about something.”
“Yes dear and I had hoped that this would wait until you were older but it seems that it will not happen quite the way that I intended.”
“Well Mom can you help us get rid of this concealment spell or what?”
“I don’t know if I can. Your father left you a letter but of course Gen couldn’t leave it with me. He left it with his brother who lives way up north.”
“Riko, how old was your husband?” Sesshomaru asked as he felt that the name Gen was familiar to him.
“I do not know. He was a very private person. He never wanted to talk about age or have a birthday for that matter. Why do you ask?”
“What is his brother’s name?”
“Well he had two. The oldest one his name I believe is Takeshi. His younger is Fuyu I believe. Why?”
“Well you should probably know the name of the Northern Lord during my time. His name is Takeshi and his wife is Kimiko. His brothers are Gen and Fuyu. Do you know what type of demon he was?”
“I don’t know. He would never tell me. But the family I know from this time and the one in your time are one and the same then you should have no problem getting the letter from him. He might be a little surprised to see you but that would be about it. He was quite pleasant to speak with when I saw him after Gen’s surprising death.”
“He and I do not get along quite like we should but he may be different now and not so stubborn.”
“Yes maybe. But I think it is time for us all to turn in for tonight and we will discuss this later.” Riko then stood up from her chair and walked toward the stairs.
“Hey mom... Um where is Sesshomaru gonna sleep?”
“He can sleep on the sofa bed after you make it Kagome.” Riko stated and then went upstairs.
Kagome sighed and then stood up to begin the process of pulling the bed out. After the sheets were on the bed and she had found Sesshomaru some suitable nightclothes that had been her father’s she went upstairs. Kagome lay down in her bed and pulled the blankets up close to her chin. Kagome closed her eyes and tried to sleep. Two hours had passed since she’d closed her eyes and she had yet to fall asleep. She missed the feeling of having Sesshomaru so close she could touch him. After yet another hour of trying Kagome gave up and went downstairs to find that Sesshomaru was having similar problems.
“Can’t you sleep Sesshomaru?”
“No and I cannot find the reason. Why can’t you sleep?”
“Well to be honest it is because I’m not lying next to you.”
“Then get over here and lie next to me.” After Sesshomaru said this Kagome crawled under the blankets with Sesshomaru and scooted as close to Sesshomaru as she could. Sesshomaru placed his arm around her waist and buried his nose in her hair taking comfort in her closeness. The couple then fell into a deep, comfortable sleep.
Kagome woke up to her mother poking her in the side. Kagome went to roll over but felt an arm restraining her.
“What mom?” Kagome whispered hoping that she hadn’t woke Sesshomaru.
“What do you think you are doing down here in bed with him?”
“I couldn’t sleep and we sleep in the same bed in the past.”
“Kagome I did not raise a daughter who just goes around sleeping in a man’s bed without being married first. Now get up and get dressed. Your friends are here.”
“Riko, I do plan on marrying your daughter and that is the only reason we sleep in the same bed. Now if you don’t mind I’d like to get back to sleep.”
Kagome’s mother was too shocked to say anything so she nodded her head and left the room. Kagome looked at the clock and noticed that it was indeed about time to get up and dress for the day. She moved to get up but Sesshomaru would not relinquish his hold upon her. Kagome sighed and placed a kiss on his cheek before trying again with the same result.
“Sesshomaru please let me up. I need to go and meet my friends. I have not been around a lot since school ended and so I need to go.”
“So women in your time are schooled? Either way you are not going and that is it. I wish to sleep and as we’ve already seen, you have to be here for me to do so.”
“Sesshomaru I am going to go hang out with my friends and if you don’t let me up this educated woman is gonna make you sleep alone from now on whether I get any sleep or not.”
Sesshomaru made a sound much that of a whimper and finally let her go. Kagome quickly hopped out of bed and went upstairs to dress. When she came back down she noticed that the couch bed was put away and that Sesshomaru was still in his pajamas. Kagome sat beside Sesshomaru and began to eat breakfast she stopped halfway through so that she could give Sesshomaru the talk.
“Sesshomaru I have a couple rules for you while you are in this time.”
“You can tell me what you want me to do but you will not order this Sesshomaru around. I will decide for certain what I do and do not do.”
“Ok well this is really important so first of all you can’t go with my friends and I, second of all you cannot leave the house unless you are with me, third of all don’t let anybody other than my family see you in your normal clothes.”
“Why must I stay inside? I am used to the many smells and sounds of this time.”
“Well people around here think that demons are only tales that are told to young kids. They would freak out because of your clothes and markings and also your claws. I’m sorry to say this but Demons are not as openly seen in this time. You are not a Lord to others so you cannot command respect either.”
“I see. Well when you get home we will go out and look for more appropriate clothes and I will stay inside as long as I can handle it.”
Kagome looked at the door and saw that her friends had just arrived. “Ok thank you very much. I gotta go and I will be home really soon.” Kagome then kissed Sesshomaru on the cheek since they were in front of her mom and then ran out the door after pulling on her shoes.
As she entered the restaurant with her friends she noticed that people from school where staring at her as if she were a ghost. They quickly found a table and Kagome tried to get some answers from her friends.
“Guys what is going on?”
“Well when people went to your house to ask you to do things your Grandpa said you were very ill. Most of them assumed you were dead because of the Cancer.” Ayumi whispered in Kagome’s ear as not to offend her.
“What?”
“Didn’t you have Cancer Kagome?”
“No I was just away somewhere relaxing and stuff. I guess my grandpa must have missed what I said.”
“Oh, well we better get this mess cleared up then. Oh and Hojo was hoping to talk to you the next time you were feeling up to it.” Yuka said with a trace of relief in her voice.
“About what? I mean I’m not gonna date the guy no matter the number of times he asks me.”
“But Kagome he really likes you and then there is the fact of the boyfriend of yours being a two-timing jerk.”
“Well he and I aren’t going out anymore. I saw him and the woman he was cheating on me with together. So I ran and literally ran smack into his half brother Sesshomaru.”
“So now you’re going out with the two-timing jerk’s brother. That’s a real smart move Kagome maybe it runs in the family.” Eri said sarcastically before rolling her eyes.
“Sesshomaru would never do anything like that. He loves me and I love him.” After Kagome said that they group began to order their food.
All through their meal she could only think about getting home and seeing Sesshomaru. When she and her friends finished eating a new waiter came to their table. She looked up to see a very stunned Hojo. Hojo sat down beside Kagome in an empty chair pulling Kagome’s hands into his own.
“Kagome, I was wondering if you would like to go out on a date with me tonight? I can see that you are feeling better and so I thought it would be the perfect time to do something.” Hojo said this with a hopeful look in his eyes.
“Hojo, I’m sorry but I have a boyfriend. His name is Sesshomaru and he and I have been dating for a long time. We are even thinking about getting married.” Kagome said this and then removed her hands from his. Kagome heard her friends’ gasps and just sat there smiling.
“So it is not completely hopeless. As long as you’re not married I have a chance.”
“Hojo you are sweet and all but I love Sesshomaru with all my heart so there really isn’t any chance.” As she said this Hojo got up and walked away with his head hanging low. Kagome felt kind of bad for him but she knew that what she had said was true.
After they had paid for their meal they walked to the nearest mall. All day she had been working hard to get caught up while thinking about him. As the friends departed from the mall her and her friends ran into Hojo who started to walk with them. She would be so happy when she got home and could be with Sesshomaru. She had bought a couple new outfits most of which would drive Sesshomaru crazy because of either their tightness or their shortness. Before she could tell her friends Goodbye she was stopped by her friends who asked to meet Sesshomaru. When they got closer to Kagome’s house she thought she saw Sesshomaru but the guy on the sidewalk was blonde. Then upon her further gazing she realized that it was Sesshomaru. She ran at him launching herself into his arms. He in turn kissed her on her lips. When Sesshomaru released her she turned to see puzzled looks on her friends’ faces.
“Yuka, Eri, Ayumi this is Sesshomaru.” She said gesturing toward Sesshomaru.
Kagome’s friends looked at Sesshomaru with mouths open wide and eyes wide. None of them could believe that this was Sesshomaru. Ayumi was the first one to get out of her daze.
“Nice to meet you Sesshomaru I’m Ayumi. I’ve known Kagome for a very long time. And these other two are Yuka and Eri.” She pointed to each girl as she said their names. “So I hear that you and Kagome might be getting married.”
“Yes but it is a definite thing now. She and I are going to be married as soon as we get back to my home in the West.”
“Oh.” Ayumi said sounding a little sad at not being able to see her friend’s wedding.
“Well girls, I am still trying to convince him to let me have to ceremony here where all my friends are.”
“Well I hope you succeed cause we all really want to be there.”
“Kagome shouldn’t we be getting home so that we can start the trip to the North to see you Uncle.” Sesshomaru said putting his arm around her waist.
“Yeah I suppose so.” Kagome turned to her somewhat shocked friends. “Well guys I guess I had better go. We have a long way to go. I’ll work with him on the whole wedding thing.” After that was said Kagome and Sesshomaru walked away. When they were a good ways away Kagome turned to Sesshomaru to talk.
“Sesshomaru I want to have a human wedding ceremony here so that all my friends will be there. I’m giving up my whole life for you so can you please do this one thing for me?” Kagome said before doing her best puppy dog pout.
“I guess but we’ll just have to go through a whole other ceremony when we get home.”
“That’s fine with me as long as everybody in the past and future know that we are together.”
“And now that wolf won’t be able to lay claim on you.”
“Yes that is true. Oh yes I was wondering. Where did you get those clothes and where are your markings?”
“Well these clothes are you father’s old clothes and you mother is very good with concealment spells. But I do wish that she’d have left my claws.”
“Why?”
“Well that boy that was with you and your friends was staring very openly at you and I could smell arousal coming off him in waves.”
“I know who you’re talking about and he already knows that I’m taken and nothing is going to happen to make me even want to be with him.”
“That is good.” Sesshomaru then buried his nose in Kagome’s hair reveling in her scent.