InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Kagome's True Form ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t Inuyasha or any of the original cast. And I don’t own any other Brand names used in this chapter.
Chapter 12-Kagome’s True Form
As Sesshomaru and Kagome entered the house Riko was there with a questioning look.
“Kagome I thought you and Sesshomaru were going to go shopping for him new clothes.” Riko stated as she looked at Kagome’s shopping bags.
“We are Mom I just have to change real fast. I bought these with my money so don’t worry.”
“Well seeing as you don’t have a job that means that your money is my money. But I’ll let it go for now. So where are you going to go?”
“I might take him to the mall or to some of the department stores.” Kagome then headed up the stairs with Sesshomaru walking closely behind. As they reached Kagome’s room Kagome turned around and pulled Sesshomaru into a kiss. Sesshomaru was stunned but after a second returned her kiss. As they pulled away Sesshomaru let a simple smile grace his features.
“Kagome if I didn’t know any better I would think that you missed ‘this’ Sesshomaru.”
“Well I’m sure you missed ‘this’ Kagome as you left the house after I had told you not to.”
“Do not mock me miko.”
Kagome’s eyes held a look of anger. “So I’m miko now! Well you better plan on sleeping by yourself tonight. You know I don’t like being called anything but my given name but you did it anyway! You unfeeling jerk.” Kagome turned to go into her room and Sesshomaru placed a hand on her shoulder. Kagome pushed his hand away from her.
“Kagome I-” Before Sesshomaru could finish Kagome had went into her room and slammed the door.
Well you really screwed up this time.’
Yeah I know but this whole thing is new to this Sesshomaru.’
I know but she did make a point.’
And what would that be.’
The whole this Sesshomaru thing sounds pretty stupid now.’
Well I like it.’
Whatever. I’ll let you figure out how to get your ass out of this one.’ With that the other voice left his head in silence.
Sesshomaru then went downstairs to help Riko in the kitchen. And while he helped Riko he would think of a way for Kagome to forgive him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kagome sat on her bed and started to cry. She thought that she had made so much progress with Sesshomaru and now it all went down the proverbial toilet because of one word. She hated being called miko because it reminded her of Inuyasha and his oh so precious miko, Kikyo. Kagome began to dry her tears and went to picking out an outfit that would make Sesshomaru regret making her angry. Kagome put the other clothes away and selected a pair of black leather pants that were tight but not to tight and a tight blue low v-neck shirt. She then pulled her high heel black boots out of her closet and carried them downstairs. She placed the boots by the door and then went into the kitchen. She saw that Sesshomaru was watching her every move.
“What’s wrong Sesshomaru? Does this miko offend you with her clothes?”
“Kagome th- I’m sorry for calling you out of your name.”
“Apology accepted. Now I think you and I should be going. We need to get you some clothes.”
Sesshomaru could only nod his head and follow Kagome. When they were outside and on the sidewalk he put his arm around her waist but Kagome soon pushed it away.
“Kagome what is wrong?”
“I’m still not happy with you.”
“Kagome, my love, those clothes are driving me crazy.” Sesshomaru whispered in her ear.
“Well maybe next time you will think before you speak.”
“I already said I was sorry. Kagome I promise that I’ll never say it again.” Sesshomaru said this as he stepped in front of Kagome making her stop.
Kagome rolled her eyes before sighing. “Fine.” Kagome then stepped around Sesshomaru who turned and walked beside her.
After a few minutes Sesshomaru noticed that all the males that they passed where staring at his woman and wrapped his arm around her waist once again.
As they approached the mall Kagome felt Sesshomaru tighten his grip on her but took it down as him being concerned because of all the strange things. But when Kagome heard Sesshomaru growl she looked over in the same general direction not seeing anything out of place. Kagome then leaned closer to Sesshomaru as she saw that Hojo was there.
“Sesshomaru its ok I promise. I love you and I’ll never leave you. So please stop growling.” At that Sesshomaru stopped growling but the murderous look never left his face. As they got closer to the door Hojo decided to walk up to them.
“Hey Kagome. What are you doing here?”
“We are here to get Sesshomaru some clothes.”
“It looks to me like he has clothes. Can he not shop for himself?”
“Well, if you must know, the only thing he owns are business suits and I didn’t want him to get any more of those.”
“My love, I think we should get this shopping done so that we can go visit your dear Uncle Takeshi.” Sesshomaru said as he pulled Kagome flush up against him.
“Well, Hojo I guess I had better get this done with cause I have important family matters in the North. See you later.” Kagome then pulled Sesshomaru into the mall.
They went from store to store for the first hour and had only found around 5 outfits for Sesshomaru. It was a little hard to get their shopping done with girls gathering around him and flirting with him. After they got the girls away he was pretty hard to buy for because he was very tall and his muscles would only fit in the largest shirt but would be to big for his slim waist. So the first outfit they found that he was now wearing was a pair of Dark blue jeans and a black muscle shirt and some Black Boots. (So very hot!) They were now at the food court waiting for their food. Kagome had ordered for Sesshomaru and he was complaining about it.
“Kagome do you not think that this Sesshomaru can get his own food?”
“Well you aren’t familiar with this food and if I let you order you might order something that you wouldn’t like.”
“This hamburger thing better be good or else.”
Kagome rolled her eyes and when their number was called she got up and picked up their food. Kagome gave Sesshomaru his burger and fries along with the water that he insisted upon. She then watched him as he took a bite and his eyes grew very large before he swallowed.
“Sesshomaru are you all right?” Kagome said hiding her giggles.
“Yes, but this hamburger is delicious.”
“I told you they were good.” Kagome couldn’t hold back her laughter any longer as she watched Sesshomaru almost inhale his hamburger. Sesshomaru just gave her a murderous glare in return.
After they had finished eating they went to the next store which of course contained more girls and Kagome had to again do the process of telling ladies that he was taken and then finding clothes that would fit him. When they left the mall at 5 o’clock they had a total of 10 outfits. Kagome thought that this would do for the short amount of time they would be in this time. When they arrived home they were met with the smell of dinner and the many questions from Souta. After they had eaten dinner Kagome went and took her everyday shower and dressed for bed before going back downstairs to watch television with the family. At a little after 10 o’clock all the family excepting Kagome and Sesshomaru went upstairs to bed. Kagome then set up the bed where her and Sesshomaru were to sleep for tonight. After they crawled into bed Sesshomaru pulled Kagome close to him and wrapped his arms around her. After about and hour Kagome was still awake.
“Sesshomaru are you still awake?”
Kagome got silence in response and took that as a sign that he was indeed asleep. She moved to get out of bed but an arm held her closely to his body. Kagome gently tried to pry his arm from around her, which earned a slight growl. Kagome tried harder this time but got a different response.
“Kagome what are you doing?” Sesshomaru said in a sleepy voice.
“I can’t sleep so I was going to get up and walk around for a while but you wouldn’t let me.”
“Do you want to talk to me about it?”
“I’ll be fine. I don’t know what it is. I just can’t seem to sleep.”
“Just lay here with me for a little while longer and maybe you’ll get to sleep.” With that said Sesshomaru began to stroke her hair in a very soothing manner making Kagome sigh in contentment. Kagome fell asleep after Sesshomaru doing this for about 10 minutes. Sesshomaru then himself went back to sleep.
The next morning Kagome’s grandpa throwing Sutras on Sesshomaru was what woke them up. (Just picturing this moment made me laugh. I mean how funny would it be for Sesshomaru to be woken up by somebody throwing stuff at him. And he can‘t even hurt the guy. LOL. But anyway back to the story.) Sesshomaru growled at the offending old man but stopped when Kagome took care of the problem.
“Grandpa leave Sesshomaru alone he isn’t going to hurt anybody. I mean really he’s been here for 2 days and your doing this sutra stuff. Can you please stop?” The old man made a comment to himself about young people having no respect as he walked to the kitchen.
After they had eaten breakfast Kagome and Sesshomaru packed a suitcase of clothes that would last them for a while. They then went downstairs to wait for Riko, who was also going, seeing as she knew where they were going. When they had put the suitcases in the trunk of the car Riko climbed into the front seat while Kagome explained to Sesshomaru about the car. Kagome and Sesshomaru then climbed into the back seat pushing the seat in front of Sesshomaru as far forward as possible. When Riko started the car Sesshomaru tensed but relaxed when Kagome grabbed a hold of his hand.
When they arrived at the Northern Castle it was nearly 7 o’clock the next morning. Riko was the first to get out and was soon followed by Sesshomaru and Kagome. They tidied themselves and then went to the door and knocked. A young looking servant soon opened the door.
“We are here to see Lord Takeshi.” Sesshomaru spoke in his authoritative voice. The servant nodded her head and gestured for Sesshomaru and their group to follow her. They were led into Lord Takeshi’s study. The servant left and after about 5 minutes of waiting Lord Takeshi appeared. Lord Takeshi was about the same height as Sesshomaru. His hair was jet black and his eye color was silver. His tail, which floated behind him, was the same jet black as his hair with an orange stripe going down the middle of it. A set of orange stripes adorned each side of his face and upon his forehead was the symbol of the North, a blood red star. Lord Takeshi had wide shoulders that narrowed into a smaller muscled abdomen.
“Sesshomaru it has been a long time since I saw you. How are the children?”
“What children? I am not even mated.” Sesshomaru said lifting an eyebrow.
“Oh, you are the Sesshomaru from the past. I’m sorry you told me that you would be here around this time but I guess I forgot. Now how may I help you?”
“Takeshi the concealment spell on Kagome. I was told that Gen left a letter with you for Kagome.” Riko said as she approached Lord Takeshi.
“Oh yes I do remember that but I’ll have to ask Kimiko where she put it. I wasn’t here when it was delivered.”
“Ok well do you think you can tell me what kind of demon my father was?” Kagome asked a little shy.
“Well Kagome you’ve changed since the last time I saw you. But anyways your father and I are the same type of demon. We are both foxes.” After Takeshi said this Kagome’s eyes grew huge.
Maybe this is why I feel like such a mother toward Shippo.’
Yes, that would probably be it Kagome. But I should tell you now that if you haven’t noticed our Fox species is quite different from Shippo’s. We are able to communicate with others using one of our abilities.’ After hearing this Kagome sat down in a chair in front of Sesshomaru who placed his hands on Kagome’s shoulders as if lending her strength.
“So what you are saying Lord Takeshi is that I now have both this annoying voice in my head as well as being able to talk to others.”
“That would be correct and that annoying voice is your demon blood talking to you.” Right after he finished that statement Lady Kimiko came in holding a rather large envelope. Lady Kimiko was a head and shoulder shorter than Lord Takeshi was and she complimented Lord Takeshi quite well with her yellow-blonde hair. Her tail that was currently draped over her shoulder was the same color as her tail with a turquoise tip on it. Her eyes were a cornflower blue and she as well had two sets of stripes and they were the color of Turquoise. The symbol of the North was also upon her forehead but was a softer red than that of her mate’s.
“I found the envelope and it was right where I left it. Which was in your bedside table.” She handed the envelope to Lord Takeshi before turning to Kagome. “Men, they’re helpless without us women.” Lady Kimiko then winked at Kagome while smiling.
“How about I find a servant to take you to your rooms?” Lord Takeshi said standing from his seat. “Riko here looks quite exhausted.”
“Yes, I think that would be for the best.” Lord Sesshomaru said as he looked toward Kimiko.
“Very well. I will have your things brought to your rooms.”
“Thank you Lord Takeshi. My mother and I are grateful for your hospitality.” Kagome said noticing the way Sesshomaru looked at Lady Kimiko.
Shortly there after the young girl once again appeared. She bowed before motioning for them to follow. She first took Riko to a room, which she had shared with her late husband on their last stay here. After Riko closed her door the young servant escorted Kagome and Sesshomaru to a room that was quite a ways away from Kagome’s mother’s. Their room was decorated in silvers and blues. Kagome of course instantly loved it and soon sat on the bed as Sesshomaru closed the door.
“So do you mind telling me what that was about in Lord Takeshi’s study?”
“What are you talking about?”
“They way you looked at Lady Kimiko and your underlying hatred for Lord Takeshi. And don’t tell me that you don’t hate him cause I could hear it in the way you addressed him.”
“It was nothing.” Sesshomaru said not able to look her directly.
“Until you can tell me what is going on Lord Sesshomaru I will request that I have a separate room as far away from you as possible. I will not be with a man who is in love with somebody else. I will not be second best again.” Kagome said before walking briskly toward the door only to be caught around the waist by Sesshomaru who quickly turned her toward him. This being a mistake on his part due to the fact that as soon as she was turned toward him she slapped him for all she was worth. Sesshomaru was shocked at the force of her blow and loosened his grip. She then walked out of the door walking in the direction of her mother’s room. Sesshomaru recovered from her blow quickly and caught up with her about half way to her mother’s room. He then grabbed her being careful to avoid her hands. But then he smelt the salt from her tears, which made him upset. As she turned toward him he prepared himself for the tears he knew he would see. Kagome just looked at him with tears streaming down her face but was caught off guard when she saw the look of shear torment on his face. She quickly turned away from him but then a clawed finger pulled her chin up to look into his molten eyes.
“Kagome I’m sorry that I have caused you such pain. I never meant to hurt you.”
“That is what Inuyasha always said and then he would turn around and hurt me again. How do I know you won‘t do the same?” Kagome quickly snatched her chin away from him and continued to walk down the hall. Sesshomaru then walked by her side.
“I love you Kagome. If it makes you feel better I’ll tell you about Kimiko but only if you come back to our room with me.” Hearing those words Kagome stopped and seemed to weigh the situation.
“Fine I will go with you to our assigned room. You had better tell me everything.” Kagome then turned around and headed back toward their room.
When they arrived back in their room Kagome sat on the edge of their bed. Sesshomaru sat beside her and placed his hand upon hers but Kagome quickly jerked away.
“First of all Sesshomaru depending on how this story goes depends on whether I’ll sleep with you in here tonight because I’m sure I could ask Lord Takeshi for another room. Second of all don’t touch me until after I’ve told you what I have decided.” Kagome then scooted farther away from Sesshomaru.
“Kagome before I start I should tell you that this room is already covered in our scents so I am presuming that this is always our room when we stay here. But now let’s get on with my explanation. When I was much younger before my father even died Kimiko and I met at a gathering that my father had. Her and I talked for what seemed forever and after the gathering was over we swore we would meet again. She and I met several more times and we promised to always love each other and then I asked her to become my mate. She of course accepted.” Kagome grew very tense at that statement and looked about ready to run toward the door. “But when we told our parents they forbid us from seeing each other but we would always find a way. Her and I were separated for weeks and in that time she went to a ball held at the Northern Castle. She met Takeshi there and fell instantly in love with him. Her demon blood had chosen him but she couldn’t bring herself to tell me. They became mates only days before she was supposed to be mine. After the fact my father told me that she was betrothed to Lord Takeshi since birth and that I would never have been able to have her.” Sesshomaru then looked toward Kagome and saw a look of pure hatred upon her face.
“So I am your second choice! You’ll never be happy with me because you’ll always think about Lady Kimiko and how it should be her! I can’t take another man taking me for second best.” Kagome then walked from her room to her mother’s not even stopping when he hollered her name.
Later that evening as they all sat down for dinner Kagome sat as far away from Sesshomaru as Lord Takeshi would allow. Lord Takeshi was concerned for his friend and niece seeing as Kagome gave Sesshomaru murderous glares while Sesshomaru looked at her with a deep sadness.
Kagome what happened between you and Lord Sesshomaru?’ Lord Takeshi asked with a hint of authority.
It does not concern you so don’t bother with it.’
Well seeing as you are living in my castle and you are indeed family I find it is very much my concern. So please tell me.’
Why don’t you ask him I’m sure he’d be more than glad to tell you how I’m his second choice. I always come out being second best to a man. First it was Inuyasha and now its Sesshomaru.’
How are you his second choice. I never heard about another woman who he felt so deeply about. Maybe I will ask him.’ With that said Lord Takeshi dissolved the mental connection between him and Kagome.
Sesshomaru what have you done to make Kagome this upset?’
It is not of your concern.’ Sesshomaru mentally voiced with sadness.
It does concern me if Kagome says that she has yet again become a man’s second choice. She said that she is second best for the second time now.’
It isn’t like that and if she would listen to me she would know that.’
Why Sesshomaru what did you say and what does it entail.’
Well I told her about my relationship with Kimiko and she thought it meant that I would rather have Kimiko even though she is already mated.’
Wait! What relationship with Kimiko?’
She never told you I gather.’ After Sesshomaru said that he then told the story in the exact same way he told Kagome. Needless to say Lord Takeshi was very angry and pulled Lady Kimiko into their mental discussion.
Kimiko why did you never tell me about your relationship with Sesshomaru?’
Because it never meant anything to me. He was fun to flirt with and play with but nothing more. Its not like I ever actually loved the fool.’ Her words were followed by a giggle as if stating that he was stupid to think otherwise.
Then why did you pledge your love to me Kimiko. If you never loved me then why did you accept my proposal to become my mate.’ Sesshomaru said with more than anger tracing his voice.
You were powerful and rich. I also knew that you would never deny me a thing no matter what. You were my whipped puppy.’
I have heard enough of this. Kimiko finish eating and then go to your room. I will be up shortly to discuss your actions.’ With that said Lord Takeshi dissolved the link between them and Kimiko.
Sesshomaru you need to talk to Kagome now. I will patch her into this if you wish to speak to her but only if you want to.’
Of course I want to talk to her. I want to get this whole mess straightened out.’
Kagome we need to talk again. You need to speak with Sesshomaru about this.’
Why should I? The jerk probably wouldn’t care if I did tell him that I love him more the I could have ever loved Inuyasha.’
I think you underestimate the amount of Love I hold for you Kagome. You are my mate in every single way. I thought I loved Lady Kimiko but now I can see that I was wrong.’ Sesshomaru said with a calm voice filled with emotions.
What made you change your mind?’
Kimiko told me that she never loved me and that it was all a lie.’
Well then I guess I’ll give you another chance. But I have one last question.’
What would that be?’
If I were really just human would you still love me?’
I don’t care what you are just so long as you never change who you are. I loved you since the first time I saw you but I never knew it. My mind was clouded with the feelings I had toward Inuyasha’s mother. I hated her because she helped bring about my mother’s death. But we will discuss that another day.’
Sesshomaru I love you. I will always love you no matter what.’
All right I hate to break up this love fest but you guys should probably start eating again. Riko is starting to look at you both very strangely. Oh yes and do finish this lovely discussion in the confines of your room.’
Takeshi I have one last question. Has that room always been Sesshomaru’s and mine when we visit.’
Yes, from the first time you saw it you loved it and would never sleep in any other room. I would never let anybody but you two sleep in there either because Kagome insisted that it was your room and that nobody else was allowed in it for some reason I can’t really remember.’ With that said the links were dissolved and Kagome smiled at Sesshomaru.
After dinner was over Sesshomaru and Kagome retired to their room and began to talk of things said and done.
“Sesshomaru I am very sorry. I feel so stupid for believing that I was second best in your eyes. I feel like a child again.”
“All is forgiven but if you want to equal the score I’ll tell you something.” Kagome gave him a quizzical look. “If you want to make this equal I can tell you that I was your second choice. Remember how Inuyasha was your first love and I am your second.” Kagome blushed with embarrassment seeing as she had forgotten that small detail.
“How about we forget about those little details and just focus on that we love each other and we are together now.”
“I like that idea.” After that was said they crawled into bed and went to sleep.
The next morning at breakfast Lord Takeshi brought the papers for Kagome. He had read all the documents and was intrigued as to what Kagome’s father kept referring to. As Kagome read them she noticed an entirely separate envelope hidden between two papers and began opening it. It was a letter addressed to her from her father and it read:
Dear Kagome,
By now you are probably wondering what is happening to you. The seal that was put on you was to last until you found your mate and then the seal would begin to crack. This seal can only be broken by your true soul mate. I am sure that now you have traveled through the well and have met Sesshomaru and his brother, Inuyasha. I know all about your journey and how your story ends because of the simple fact of you living to see me in the time frame you call your own. I also know you in the past and it would be wise for me to tell you now that I have not passed on to the next world but have only returned to my time. Your mother does not know about this but after your brother was born I was called to the Feudal Era to help my brother in a matter that involves you as well. This matter is known as Naraku. I will not tell you how the battle ends or what else lies in store but I will tell you that your mother does not know I am alive and I do wish to return to her some day. I also hope that you understand why I sealed your demon nature. I did this because you are the most powerful demon to walk the earth. You are the convergence of darkness (demons) and light (miko). You are not a reincarnate but you do house three souls. One is that of the priestess Kikyo to give you a human appearance. Another to give you the appearance of demon. The last gives you the powers of the great miko Midoriko. I hope that you use this knowledge to help defeat Naraku. To destroy the seal you must mix yours and Sesshomaru’s blood in a goblet and then drink it. After saying this incantation:
As I hold the cup to me
I hope the world would always see
The features of a demon child
The powers free and born so wild
The purity of a priestess too
And warrior instincts surely will do
I pray the seal that he does break
Will grant me these things I wish to take.
Those words will free you and you will be able to see yourself as you truly are. Do remember that I love you and always will my dear sweet Kagome.
Love Truly,
Gen
(Daddy)
Those around Kagome watched her as she read and noticed the scent of salt making it known that she was holding back the tears to cry. As she finished reading it she glanced around to see those around her staring.
“What?” Kagome asked wiping away the few stray tears.
“Kagome why are you crying?” Riko asked with genuine concern.
“Daddy is alive. He’s back in the Feudal Era helping Lord Takeshi in the battle against Naraku.” After that was said Riko burst into tears at knowing her mate was safe.
Kagome handed the letter to Sesshomaru who read it and then looked to Kagome with a small smile upon his face.
“Kagome when do you want to do this?”
“As soon as possible. I can’t wait to see the real me.”
“Lord Takeshi we will require a goblet and a very sharp knife.”
“Why Lord Sesshomaru?”
“This seal requires that we mix our blood together in a goblet and drink it.” At that Lord Takeshi sent for the requested items. After they were brought in Lord Sesshomaru cut his hand deeply and held it over the cup. Riko then took the knife and cut Kagome’s palm and then Kagome held her hand over the cup. As the blood was mixed Kagome and Lord Sesshomaru said the incantation. Then Kagome drank all of the blood and after she finished she bandaged her hand.
“Did it work?” Kagome said with a feeling of fatigue.
“Not yet but it might take time.” Sesshomaru said this right before Kagome collapsed. Sesshomaru was quick to catch her. He then went upstairs to place her in their bed. Sesshomaru then heard her heart rate increase and he watched as her hair grew to an undetermined length. Sesshomaru then saw Kagome in excruciating pain and left the room. He walked downstairs and told Kagome’s family that the transformation had begun.
Kagome woke up 5 hours, around later with a killer headache. She breathed in and could smell what the cook was preparing their next meal. She got up from her bed and walked to a mirror trying to see if her hair needed to be fixed. When Kagome looked at herself and saw that her hair had grown to her knees and was now the color of midnight with two stripes running through her hair which were a color to match Sesshomaru’s. Her eyes were the color of emeralds and she had a set of stripes on her face, which were the color of her purification powers. The symbol upon her forehead was a symbol none had ever seen. It was a priestess arrow going through a full moon. Kagome had gotten taller as well and her body more defined. Her breasts were fuller and her waist smaller. She now had claws and fangs that she knew could easily do harm to anybody. Kagome turned to the side to examine herself and found that she had a tail the color of midnight. Kagome quickly dressed in a white Kimono with green sakura blossoms upon it. She then quickly went downstairs running right into Sesshomaru who steadied her. He looked upon her and smelled her in disbelief of this beautiful demoness being his lovely Kagome. He then backed up and examined her letting a growl of pleasure be heard.
“Kagome you look even more beautiful than you already did.”
“Thank You.”