InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Dream ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the original cast. And I don't own any of other Brand names used in this chapter.
Chapter 13- Dream
Kagome blushed as she noticed Sesshomaru's scent change to that of a spicy scent. Sesshomaru pulled Kagome into his arms for a passionate kiss. As they kissed Sesshomaru's hand began to roam Kagome's body. When his hands reached her breast Kagome let a soft moan escape her parted lips. Sesshomaru pushed Kagome against the nearest wall causing another low moan to escape. Sesshomaru moved one of his hands from her body and tangled it in her hair. He then pulled her head back so that her neck was exposed to him. He began to kiss and nip lightly on her neck. Kagome let out a slight moan from the contact. Sesshomaru slowly pulled away to look at Kagome. Her eyes were closed and her mouth was slightly open. Kagome's stomach chose that particular moment to make itself known.
"I think it would be best if we stopped for now. You seem to be in need of nourishment." As Sesshomaru said these things Kagome came back to her senses. She coughed as if to clear her throat before starting to comb through her hair with her fingers.
"Yes, I think you're right." Kagome then began to walk toward the dining room.
'Kagome what did you think you were doing?'
'It was some harmless kissing.'
'No, you know what he was doing.'
'But how much can it hurt. I mean he was just kissing it. Its not like he actually marked me.'
'That may be true but you know that him doing that has made it know to all males that he is currently courting you.'
'I got it. But why did you have to ruin that moment for me. It felt so right.'
'He could still change his mind. I mean you were once human and all.'
Kagome growled low to herself not liking what her youkai had said to her. Kagome then sat down beside Sesshomaru who pulled her closer to his body.
After Kagome had fully satisfied her hunger they walked outside into the garden. Sesshomaru was very quiet and Kagome was becoming quite nervous at his silence. To Kagome, Sesshomaru looked even colder than he was before she met him. Kagome sighed in defeat.
"What is wrong Kagome?"
"Nothing." Sesshomaru automatically smelled her lie and stopped in front of her.
"Kagome I know you're lying. Tell this Sesshomaru what worries you."
"I can't. Or better yet I don't want to." Kagome said before turning to go back. Sesshomaru was quick to grab her arm spinning her to face him.
"How can I fix it if I don't know what's wrong."
"Its easy you don't fix it." Kagome then jerked he arm away. Sesshomaru grabbed her around the waist and was zapped by a small amount of her purification powers. Sesshomaru grew sad upon smelling the salt of her tears. Sesshomaru ignored the pain of the purification and pulled her closer.
"Kagome, my love. Tell me." He then heard Kagome sigh in defeat before pulling her powers back.
"You hate humans Sesshomaru. How am I to know that you won't come to hate me over time. Also you seem even colder than the first time I met you. I can't but feel like I've only made things worse. I don't think we should be around each other anymore." Kagome said this before pulling herself free of his arms and running toward the castle in tears.
'Why would she think that I would ever hate her?'
'Like she said she was once a human and you, yourself, stated that humans were filthy and that you hated them.'
'So I did but that was before I met her.'
'Well then I suggest you go after her.'
'She already said she didn't want to be with me anymore.' Sesshomaru stated with a whimper.
'Well you have to make her see that you will not leave her.'
'I guess you're right.'
Sesshomaru then took off in her direction quickly coming upon her slumped on the ground holding her sides. Sesshomaru could hear her muttering something and decided to mask his scent and aura as he got closer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With Kagome
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I can't believe I was stupid enough to think that he would love somebody like me." She sobbed harder at that. She felt like she had her heart ripped out of her chest. "I loved him with all my heart and I am probably nothing more than a woman that he wanted to screw and then leave. I mean why would he love me? I'm not anything special." After Sesshomaru heard those words he made his presence known. Kagome gasped as she saw him come into her view.
"Sesshomaru please leave me alone. I can't handle being so close to you when you care nothing for me." Kagome said this with a touch of sorrow and anger in her voice.
"Are you this Sesshomaru? Of course you are not, but if you were you would know that I do love you even though I may not always show it."
"I may not be you but I know you well enough to know that you could never love me. Besides me being around you has only made you colder towards people."
"Kagome, my love, the only reason I seem colder is because you have melted the ice around my heart. I feel more confident in showing my emotions in front of you but then when I don't wish to show my emotions the cold outside I have only seems colder."
"But it does not change the simple fact that you do seem colder."
"It is ok to doubt me but not when it comes to me loving you. You should know that I would never intentionally hurt you. I care for you too much."
"I guess I was just being silly as usual. I feel really stupid for doubting your love."
"Lets walk back to the castle and sleep." After that was said Kagome stood and wiped the tears from her face before Sesshomaru pulled her into an embrace. Sesshomaru kissed the top of her forehead and then pulled away to walk to the castle. Soon after reaching their rooms Kagome fell asleep in the arms of Sesshomaru.
As Kagome laid deep in slumber she had a dream about a woman that held a great resemblance to herself. The woman was fighting hard using both her spiritual powers and her demonic powers but was getting nowhere in the black mass of creatures surrounding her. As the woman was drawing the last of her strength the creatures vanished and three creatures more sinister than Naraku appeared in front of her. The woman released almost all of her energy and power at once toward the three without avail. The creatures only laughed at the woman and then sent great shock waves of power at her causing her to scream. The woman then revealed her true powers and trapped the creatures in an object that was surrounded in shadow and darkness. The woman finally collapsed as death took her.
Kagome sat straight up in bed crying and felt the cold sweat running down her back. She felt like she was going to be ill and when she felt a hand on her shoulder she jumped before turning to see that it was Sesshomaru. Kagome flung herself into his chest as sobs overtook her. Sesshomaru sat there and stroked her hair as he tried to figure out what had made her scream the way that she did. As Kagome's sobs turned into hiccups Sesshomaru began to brush the tears off of her face.
"Kagome, my love, what happened?"
"I had a nightmare...a very real in appearance nightmare." Kagome said as she shivered in remembrance.
"Well tell me about it. I mean whatever made you scream like that had to have been horrible."
"I didn't scream the woman in the dream did. But she looked a lot like me."
"I think you better tell me the whole story."
Kagome told him the whole story not leaving anything out and by the time she was done Sesshomaru knew that one of her demonic powers was the see things that were either the past or were to come. Sesshomaru couldn't voice his opinion because it might frighten her into thinking that she had just seen her own ending and then her want to get away from him to spare him the pain. So he simply told her it was just a dream and to go back to sleep and even as she trailed off into sleep he stayed awake to think.
'Why did she have to see that? What if it is her destiny?'
'I know about as much about this as you do but maybe she saw it because it happened long ago and she is supposed to protect the dark object from being opened and the three creatures being released. But if it is her destiny to end up like that then we had better keep her away from a situation like that.'
'Maybe I should ask Lord Takeshi in the morning and see if he has any record of that ever happening.'
'That is probably the best thing to do.'
Sesshomaru then fell into a light slumber keeping all senses alert for any distress from his Kagome.