InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Scrolls and Hickies ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: None of the original cast belong to me.

Chapter 14- Scrolls and Hickies

Kagome woke the next morning to find Sesshomaru missing. She began to remember her dream and became frightened. She climbed out of bed and dressed before going to find Sesshomaru. She sniffed the air trying to find Sesshomaru’s scent before beginning to walk in the direction of Takeshi’s study.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ta keshi’s Study
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ses shomaru had been talking to Lord Takeshi since shortly after Kagome had woke from her nightmare. He had told Takeshi about the dream and they were now researching the chronicles.

“Sesshomaru I still haven’t found any record of those circumstances.”

Sesshomaru growled in annoyance. “It has to be here somewhere. Maybe it didn’t happen in your territory. These events could have occurred elsewhere and not been recorded in your history.”

“That may be Sesshomaru but if it happened to her in the past I’m sure if she died I would have the record of it.” Takeshi then ran his claws through his hair.

“We must continue looking I can’t let this happen to my Kagome.” Sesshomaru growled in frustration.

“Maybe the dream is of the past before such thorough records were taken.” Sesshomaru turned at the voice to see Kagome leaning against the door frame.

“You may be correct.” Lord Takeshi turned to his shelves and began looking.

“What are you looking for?”

“My family used to have a scroll of significant events that happened before thorough records were taken.”

“Interesting. Do you think there might be anything about Naraku?” Kagome’s tail twitched in hope.

“I don’t know. Didn’t Naraku take over the body of Onigumo though?” Takeshi was puzzled.

“That is what Kikyo told us but who can really trust her.” Kagome walked toward Sesshomaru as she said this. Sesshomaru pulled Kagome close to him so that her back was against his chest.

“Yes Kagome we all know how she is.” Takeshi said as he pulled scrolls from the shelves.

“Why? Have you met her?”

“I can’t tell you the details but I have met her under horrible circumstances.”

“Interesting that means that she still has part of Kagome’s soul.” Sesshomaru said as he squeezed Kagome.

“Not necessarily. The letter from my father said that I housed three souls. Maybe the one Kikyo has is one that I don’t need.”

“That could be possible. We should still get it back so we can be sure you’ll be fine.”

“Ok. So Lord Takeshi have you found anything yet.” Kagome said turning toward Takeshi.

“I found these ancient scrolls but I don’t know if we’ll find what we’re looking for.” Takeshi then opened one of the scrolls slowly and carefully.

“Well…..” Kagome said after a few minutes.

“I can’t read it. It’s in a weird language.”

“Let me look.” Sesshomaru said as he walked toward Takeshi. Takeshi leaned the scroll so Sesshomaru could see it.

“Damn. I can only read parts. It seems this will keep its knowledge from us.”

Kagome peered at the scroll from the other side of Lord Takeshi. “Takeshi would you mind leaning the scroll this way.” Lord Takeshi did what was asked and Kagome began to read.

“This scroll describes the life of a woman. She was as the put it cut down in battle. It doesn’t describe the battle but it greatly details the occurrences of her life.” Kagome looked up to see both men staring in aw.

“You can actually read this?” Lord Takeshi said pointing to the scroll.

“Well yes. I had no problems whatsoever.”

“What was the woman’s name?” Sesshomaru asked.

“It doesn’t say but at the bottom it says the South holds the answers.” Kagome replied as she scanned the scroll.

“Then I guess we will have to go see Lord Shinjiro and Lady Amika.” Takeshi said as he began putting the records back.

“You mean Shinjiro isn’t with that bitch Ishiko?” Sesshomaru asked in a calm voice.

“Yes, she was unfaithful to her mate so she was removed.” Takeshi replied matter of factly. “Interesting and what of their son?”

“He still roams but he is still the Prince.”

“Interesting. I believe we will begin our journey South in a few days.”

“We leave in three days.” Takeshi then left the room to begin preparations.

“So what type of demon are the Lord and Lady of the South?” Kagome asked as she sat on the edge of the desk.

“They are wolves.”

“That’s interesting. So the North are foxes, the South are wolves, and the West are dogs. Let me guess the East are cats.” Kagome said half jokingly.

“Actually they are.” Sesshomaru smiled. Kagome laughed

“So the Lord of East and West are natural enemies. The West and North are natural enemies. Basically all the Lords are natural enemies.” Sesshomaru gave a slight chuckle before recovering.

“I guess you’re right.” Sesshomaru gave one of his rare smiles.

“What are you thinking?” Kagome said as she hopped off the desk.

“I will tell you later.” Sesshomaru gave her a kiss before leaving the room. Kagome soon left the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that evening after a dinner without Kimiko, Kagome retired to her room while Sesshomaru talked with Lord Takeshi. Kagome put on her sleep shorts and tank top before settling into bed with a book. She had read two chapters before Sesshomaru arrived. Kagome continued to read while Sesshomaru changed into a t-shirt and sleep pants. Sesshomaru crawled into bed and plucked the book from Kagome’s hands.

“You know I was reading that.” Kagome said feigning anger.

“Very well I guess you enjoy its company more than mine.” Sesshomaru made a move to get up looking away from her to hide a smile.

“Nothing could be more enjoyable than your company.”

“Very well then I guess I will stay.” Kagome laughed as Sesshomaru pulled her to him.

“So what were you thinking earlier when we were in Takeshi’s study.”

“I was thinking many things. You shall have to tell me the moment.” Sesshomaru said feigning ignorance although he knew what she was talking about.

“Well I was saying that all the Lords are natural enemies and that about sums it up.”

“I was merely thinking that because we are natural enemies maybe that is why I find you so delicious.” Sesshomaru emphasized this by kissing her passionately. Sesshomaru began inhaling the spicy scent that had mixed itself with Kagome’s. Sesshomaru’s mouth left Kagome’s and began trailing kisses across her cheek and down her neck until he came to where her neck met her shoulders. Sesshomaru kissed and sucked in the same are until Kagome gasped. Sesshomaru began to feel her hands pushing at his t-shirt. Kagome’s instinct to mate was beginning to take control and Sesshomaru realized this. Sesshomaru began to pull away but Kagome him close.

“Kagome you know we must stop.”

“No we don’t.”

“We should. When we mate I want us to be in our home in our bed in the West.” Sesshomaru held her at arms length. Kagome took a few deep breaths hoping to stabilize the feelings he brought forth. After a few moments Kagome felt as if she could speak again.

“You’re right.”

“I knew you would see things my way once you got control over your instincts.”

“Just to be sure I’m going to read my book.” Kagome then leaned over the side of the bed to grab the forgotten text. Sesshomaru crawled out of the bed walking toward the door.

“Where are you going Sesshomaru?”

“I'm going to take a nice cold shower.” Sesshomaru said as he left the room. Kagome giggled once she was sure he was out of hearing range.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ses shomaru woke to an ear piercing scream. Sesshomaru bolted out of bed and ran to where the scream came from. When he reached the bathroom he noticed that the source of the scream was Kagome and he knew what it was about. Sesshomaru turned to run back to the room but two clawed hands grabbed him.

“Sesshomaru what is the meaning of this?” Kagome was mad and Sesshomaru could feel it.

“Well Kagome, it is a mark of sorts.”

“It’s a hicky damn it.”

“What is a hicky?” Sesshomaru was puzzled.

“This,” Kagome pointed to where her neck and shoulder met. “is a hicky.”

“No that is a temporary mating mark.”

“What?”

“It lets others know that you are mine but we are not officially mates.”

“What?”

“It will keep other males away.”

“Why did you do this especially without my consent?”

“Because we are going to the South.””

“And that matters why?”

“You know the wolf prince Kouga right?”

“Yes what does that have to do with anything?”

“He is the prince of the South.”

“So. It’s been 500 years and since Takeshi says we have kids then we must have become mates.”

“Yes, but apparently Kouga is trying to track down where you live in this era so he can put a stop to our mating.”

“Oh. Well I guess I can hide my hicky then.”

“Just make sure Kouga sees it so he’ll stay away.”

“Fine. My mom’s gonna flip though.”

“She will understand because your father was a demon.”