InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the other original characters.

Chapter 15-Secrets

Three days later Kagome, Sesshomaru, Riko, and Lord Takeshi boarded a private place.

“Where is Lady Kimiko?” Riko asked as she sat in her seat.

“She will be staying here because there must be somebody here to take care of the land.” Kagome and Sesshomaru both smelled his lie.

“Why is she really staying behind?” Kagome asked as she grinned.

“Because of her actions a few days back.”

Kagome colored in anger when she finally remembered. After the luggage was loaded Takeshi gave the pilot the signal to take off. They had only been in the air for a few minutes when Kagome leaned over onto Sesshomaru’s shoulder. This movement caused her shirt to move farther down her neck exposing the dark bruise.

“Kagome Higurashi what is that on your neck?” Riko asked in Kagome’s ear. Kagome leaned up and glared at Sesshomaru.

“Ask Sesshomaru.”

“Sesshomaru what did you put on my daughter’s neck?” Riko asked angrily.

“It is a temporary mating mark.” Sesshomaru said this like it was the end of the discussion.

“Why?” Sesshomaru rolled his eyes.

“Because of the wolf prince.”

“Kouga seemed harmless enough when I met him at mine and Gen’s wedding. Why would he be a threat?”

“Well in my era Kouga is pursuing Kagome because he believes her to be his mate. This will help prevent his advances.”

“Alright but Sesshomaru you ever give my child another hicky I will make your life hell.”

“Yes Riko.” Kagome barely suppressed a giggle.

“Kagome this better not happen again do you hear me?” Kagome’s tail pulled itself closer to her body.

“Yes ma’am.” Kagome then leaned back on Sesshomaru and fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
K agome’s Dream
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A woman who looked like Kagome’s human form was running through the woods trying to get away from something. She never looked back. She reached a clearing and finally looked behind and found the space empty. She looked back to what was in front of her and found what she had been running from. It attacked her and she screamed in pain. After a second she sent purified energy at the creature causing it to howl in pain.

That was when Kagome was woken by her mother.

“Kagome let go of Sesshomaru you’re purifying him.” Kagome let go at that and could hear Sesshomaru cursing.

“Kagome why were you purifying Sesshomaru.” Takeshi asked keeping his distance.

“I didn’t purify Sesshomaru. The girl in my dream was trying to purify some creature.” Kagome looked toward Sesshomaru who was pale and unconscious.

Kagome cried. “I wasn’t trying to hurt him. Will he be ok?”

“He’ll be ok once he’s rested a while.” Takeshi assured her. About that time the plane landed on the lawn of Lord Shinjiro’s house. Lord Shinjiro came across the lawn to welcome his guests when he saw Sesshomaru was passed out.

“What has happened here? Why is Lord Sesshomaru unconscious?”

“I accidentally purified him Lord Shinjiro.” Kagome responded in a shaky voice.

“Explain why you purified him.” Lord Shinjiro held anger in his tone.

“This will be explained later. For now we must get Sesshomaru some help.” Takeshi answered. Shinjiro had a displeased look but nodded in agreement. Lord Shinjiro went over and picked Sesshomaru up then quickly walked back to his domain. Kagome followed behind Shinjiro but was not allowed past a set of heavy double doors. Kagome sniffed the air and knew it was a kind of hospital. Kagome sat by the door for over an hour before Shinjiro came out.

“How is Sesshomaru?” Kagome asked as she got to her feet.

“It is none of your concern you bitch. You are not his mate.” Lord Shinjiro said grabbing Kagome by her hair. Kagome gasped in pain.

“I believe I am or will be. My name is Kagome. This Sesshomaru is from the past as I am. Well a past of our relationship.”

“Lies!” Shinjiro yelled throwing Kagome to the floor. Kagome yelped when she hit a wall.

“That’s enough Lord Shinjiro.” A weak voice was heard from behind Lord Shinjiro. Kagome opened her eyes to see a pale Sesshomaru standing in the doorway.

“Sesshomaru you should be lying down.” Kagome got up and rushed to his side as she fought her nausea.

“I am fine Kagome.”

“No you’re not you need rest. I’m so sorry for trying to purify you.”

“It’s alright.” Sesshomaru said and then Lord Shinjiro decided to speak up.

“It’s not alright that bitch is not your mate. Kagome--“

“Kagome is going to be his mate they are from the feudal era Lord Shinjiro.” Lord Takeshi said as he entered the room. At this Lord Shinjiro looked at looked at Lord Takeshi and went silent. At that moment Takeshi ran a mind link between himself and Lord Shinjiro.

‘Shinjiro they do not know yet.’

‘Why shouldn’t we tell them so it can be changed?’

‘Because that is not our job. We are not here to change things we are here to help Kagome with her dreams. We are here to give them answers to their questions concerning her dreams such as why she has them and who the person is.’

‘We should tell them. They deserve to know.’

‘We can’t. That would change how things are supposed to go. We cannot change the past. What happened is supposed to happen and we are not here to stop it.’

‘Is Kagome not the one who was sent back in time to change things or am I imagining this? Maybe we are here to stop it but last time we didn’t. Maybe we are here to stop their mating. We can do what we want. Kagome did. Inuyasha was supposed to stay pinned to that tree for all eternity but Kagome came to the past and changed all of that. Do you believe that she was actually supposed to save his hide or was it merely a decision made by somebody else.’

‘I don’t know. Maybe you are right. One thing I do know is that we are not here to stop them from mating. Maybe we could change how things happened for them. Maybe after her dreams are solved we can tell her depending on how she takes that news.’

‘We know how she will handle that news. She will run. She will want to keep Sesshomaru safe.’

‘But we both know he finds her because she goes on to have two beautiful children.’

‘That is true then we will tell her before she reads the last part of the puzzle which means we are both going to the East.’

With that said Takeshi dissolved the link.

“Kagome I promise I’m fine. Let me beat the hell out of Shinjiro for what he did to you.”

“No Sesshomaru you aren’t strong enough.”

“Kagome I’m sorry for being violent with you. I have never seen you like this.” Shinjiro said in an apologetic tone.

“I guess after so many years I would have changed but I would never have thought that I would have changed that much.” Kagome mused to herself.

‘Demons don’t really change in appearance through the years after they reach adult years.’ Sesshomaru thought to himself.

‘They are keeping something from us.’ Sesshomaru decided before passing out.

“Lord Shinjiro, Lord Takeshi would you help me. Sesshomaru just passed out. Help me get him back to bed.” Lord Takeshi quickly walked to Sesshomaru’s side and helped Kagome put Sesshomaru in a cot. Lord Takeshi then left the room to find Lord Shinjiro who had disappeared.

Two days later Sesshomaru woke feeling strong but a little stiff. He looked over and saw Kagome asleep with her head resting on his cot. Sesshomaru kissed her cheek and nuzzled her neck causing her to wake. Kagome sat up and stretched.

“Sesshomaru you’re awake.” Kagome said as tears fell from her eyes.

“Yes and I am fine. How is your head?”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Since you are a demon it has probably already healed.”

“Are you hungry?”

“Yes. How long was I out?”

“Two days I think.”

“I will require a bath as well.” Sesshomaru sat up and ran his hands through his hair. Sesshomaru froze when he felt two sets of claws go along his scalp. He pulled his hands in front of him and was amazed.

“You gave me back my other arm.”

“I thought it would be nice since I almost killed you. Also because I helped you lose it in the first place.” Sesshomaru then reached over and gave Kagome a hug.

“Thank you, my Kagome.” Sesshomaru released her and stared at his hands in disbelief.

“You’re welcome. Another reason I gave you back your arm is because I kind of dropped in on your dreams. You seemed sad without it. In all your dreams you called yourself half a man because of it.”

“And when did you learn how to do that?”

“I just kind of did. I mean one minute I’m wondering what you’re thinking the next I’m there in your mind.”

“You should try your mind link on Takeshi or Shinjiro because they are hiding something important from us.”

“Really, like what?”

“Probably the real reason why Shinjiro freaked out and attacked you.”