InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Another Scroll Revealed ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the other original characters.

Chapter 16- Another Scroll Revealed

Later that evening Lord Shinjiro pulled Kagome and Sesshomaru into his library. Kagome and Sesshomaru began to explain why they were there but Shinjiro soon interrupted them.
“I know why you are here.”
“What?”
“Lord Takeshi has already informed me.”
“So you know what we require?” Sesshomaru asked.
“Yes indeed I do and I know where it is but I will need Kagome’s help opening the box.”
“Why would you need my help?” Kagome asked shyly.
“It requires the blood of the one who dreams the dreams.”
“How much?” Sesshomaru questioned hesitantly.
“Only a small amount. I need only to prick her finger.”
“Where is it?” Kagome asked in a quivering voice.
Sesshomaru came up behind Kagome and put his arms around her bringing his lips closer to her ear.
“What is wrong?”
“I am not a fan of blood.”
“Don’t look then and don’t breathe too much.”
“Alright just tell me when its safe.”
Just then a small wooden box was placed on Shinjiro’s desk.
“This is it. Please come this way Kagome.”
Kagome walked over to the desk and held her hand over the box. Sesshomaru skillfully used his claw to prick her right index finger. Shinjiro then directed her hand to the lock on the box. When the blood touched the lock the box gave a tiny hiss as it unlocked. Sesshomaru looked at Kagome’s index finger to make sure the tiny cut had healed itself.
“Kagome you can open your eyes its done.”
“What about the blood on the lock?”
“It seems to have absorbed it.”
Kagome opened her eyes and breathed in. Shinjiro had already opened the box and was pulling the scroll from inside. Shinjiro opened the scroll and looked strangely at it.
“I can barely read this.” Shinjiro said with a puzzled look on his face.
“Kagome was the only one who could actually read the one Lord Takeshi possessed. She may be able to read this one as well.” With that said, Shinjiro handed the scroll to Kagome. Kagome read the scroll quickly and then looked up.
“What does it say?” Sesshomaru asked.
“It describes the battle in which she died. It describes everything in great detail but it doesn’t tell her name or the person she fought against. It says that we must go to the east for more information.”
“Well I will have to inform Lord Takeshi about this then we will make arrangements with Lord Akemi.” Shinjiro stated

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Later That Evening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

“Lord Takeshi we have a problem.” Shinjiro stated later when they were alone in the library.
“What’s the problem?”
“The scroll said that she needed to go to the West after she goes to the East.”
“They will go to the past for that particular scroll.”
“What if Kagome decides to go see Sesshomaru or what if Sesshomaru decides to come to her?”
“I don’t think that will happen. The Sesshomaru from the Feudal era will not leave Kagome and Sesshomaru will know this.”
“Maybe but this is around the time that Sesshomaru’s lands were virtually destroyed.”
“We will have to tell them before anything happens.”
“I still don’t know if we should. Things are supposed to happen the way they happened.”
“I still believe that we are here to fix things. We could help them. They deserve happiness.”
“We will consult Lord Akemi on this matter before we decide on a course of action.”
“That would be best for all I suppose.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon after reading they ate their dinner with Lady Amika, Lord Shinjiro, and Lord Takeshi. After this Sesshomaru and Kagome decided that it would be best to go to bed seeing as they would need to be up early for their trip to the Eastern Lands. They began walking down the halls toward the rooms they had been appointed to when Kagome heard a familiar voice.
“Kagome is that you?” Kagome spun around in response to the voice.
“Kouga is that you?”
“Yes. Can I talk to you in private?”
“I believe that it would not be wise for you to talk alone with my intended mate.” Sesshomaru said glaring at Kouga.
“You have not mated yet. Either way you two should not mate.”
“Why should we not Kouga?” Kagome asked with a questioning look in her eyes.
“You have not seen what I have. You have not --”
“KOUGA!” Shinjiro said interrupting what he knew was coming.
“Father they should know.”
“This is not our place.”
“But what if it is?”
“What are you talking about?” Sesshomaru asked quickly.
“Nothing Sesshomaru. Kouga does not know what he says.”
“I know exactly what I’m saying Father.”
“Kouga you should leave this matter to Lord Takeshi and I for the time being.”
“Either way Kagome will become my mate.”
“No she will not. She will be Sesshomaru’s mate and you know that.”
“Ask her.”
“Kouga, I do not love you. Why can you not understand that? You are a dear friend to me but I love Sesshomaru.” Kagome said trying to make him understand. After Kouga heard those words he began to walk away feeling the heart in his chest break more with each step.
“Now Lord Shinjiro you will tell us what that was all about.” Sesshomaru said glaring at the Lord.
“I cannot at this time. Kouga knows far too much because of his years.” With that Shinjiro began walking after his son leaving Kagome and Sesshomaru to wonder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Kagome’s Dream
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
The same woman from her dreams appeared once more. She was sitting by a stream washing her hands and face after walking all day. She heard a twig snap behind her and a demon appeared out of nowhere. The woman quickly had her bow raised an arrow ready. The demons eyes were glowing a bring red, the color of blood. The woman became frightened and aimed for the demon but in a split second the demon was gone. She looked all around her but could not see it. There was a howl from above and as she looked up the demon pounced knocking her to the ground. The demon tore at her flesh with his claws causing her to scream in pain.

This is when Kagome sat upright tears streaming down her face. She looked to Sesshomaru who was now stroking her hair. Kagome curled into his chest and began to sob uncontrollably. Kagome had felt the claws and knew the woman’s pain. After she had stopped crying she retold her dream to Sesshomaru who could only stare in horror as to how vivid her dreams were becoming. Sesshomaru held Kagome until she fell asleep and then went to sleep himself holding her close to his chest.

The next morning Kagome woke to Sesshomaru caressing her hair. It seemed as if he didn’t even realize that she was awake.
“Good Morning Sesshomaru.” Kagome giggled when Sesshomaru jumped as if startled.
“Good Morning Kagome.” Kagome kissed Sesshomaru briefly before climbing out of bed.

They gathered in the dining hall for breakfast with the two Lords and Lady Amika. Kouga was present but sat farther down the table with his head held low.
“We will leave for the East tomorrow morning.” Lord Shinjiro announced shortly after all had finished their meal. All present nodded their head in understanding except for Lady Amika who would stay behind with Kouga to run the lands.


A/N:

I’m very sorry for the long wait. I had a hard time writing this Chapter and I also am in college and have been working hard this semester. I hope that you enjoyed it and are still loyal readers. I hope to get some reviews from you all so that I can make this story even better.