InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ A Secret Revealed ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I Do Not Own Any Of The Original Characters. But I soo wish I did. Thank You

Chapter 18-A Secret Revealed

The next morning after breakfast the lords and Kagome went into the library upon hearing that Akemi had found the scroll.
"Where was it?" Kagome asked.
"It was in my safe. I had forgotten I put it there to keep it safe." Akemi laughed.
"This is not a laughing matter Lord Akemi. We should be back by now." Sesshomaru was still fuming from last night.
"Sesshomaru he was only laughing at himself for forgetting that he put it in the safe to keep it safe." Kagome began to giggle as she said this.
"Either way lets get on with it." Sesshomaru said before Akemi handed the scroll to Kagome. Kagome's eyes scanned the scroll quickly and looked up.
"What does it say?" Sesshomaru questioned quickly.
"It says that she has been reincarnated many times and each time she has died. It starts telling the stories of each of her lives and how they died. It said all the names of her lives are in the west."
"Then I guess we head back." Sesshomaru stated in a relieved tone.
"I do not think it would be wise for Kagome to travel to your lands at this time." Akemi stated in a worried tone.
"Why is that?" Kagome asked.
"Kagome you know how you asked me to find scrolls about for the time that Lord Sesshomaru was missing?"
"Yes."
"Well, Lord Sesshomaru's lands will be invaded in a days time. I discovered it last night."
"Kagome, I have to get back to defend my lands. I don't want you getting hurt." Sesshomaru said with a worried look on his face.
"Then I will stay here with Lord Akemi until you return."
"What if the well does not accept me?"
"I have a feeling that it was not because of the jewel shards that I was able to transport. I think that any person with even a hint of demon in them can go through."
"Lord Akemi you better take good care of her. If I come back and find that she has been mistreated in any way I will kill you."
"She will not be harmed Lord Sesshomaru."
"Sesshomaru you should probably go so that you can make it to your lands in time." Kagome said with a sad look on her face.
"I will as soon as I get back to the room and change. I will need my clothes for this." With that said Kagome and Sesshomaru walked the distance to their room and Kagome sat on the bed while Sesshomaru changed.
"I will return as soon as I know my lands are safe."
"I know. Please be careful I can't lose you."
"I will be fine my love. You find out what they are hiding from us."
"I will. You should be going." Kagome said her eyes glittering with unshed tears. Sesshomaru walked the a few steps to her and put his hand behind her neck pulling her close for a passionate kiss. When the kiss ended Kagome laid her head on his chest listening to his heart beat. They stood that way for what seemed like moments before Kagome pulled away and with unspoken words they walked outside. Sesshomaru kissed her once more on the cheek before he flew off. Kagome stood in the same place for a moment with tears streaming down her face. After the tears had dried she went inside to join the others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T he next day Kagome woke feeling the bed next to her for Sesshomaru before realizing he was not there. She then remembered where Sesshomaru was and wondered how he was and what he was doing. She then became worried because her friends and children were at Sesshomaru's when they had left. She knew Sesshomaru would take care of them but she still worried. She went to the bathroom for a shower before dressing and going to breakfast. When she sat down and began eating she heard footsteps behind her and turned to see who it was. Her eyes widened when she saw none other than Sesshomaru.
"I thought you left to go to your lands."
"I did. I am the Sesshomaru from this time."
"Why are you here?"
"I have important news for you."
"What kind of news? If you are the Sesshomaru from this time then you must know how the children and my friends are."
"The children are fine. Inuyasha and your friends saw the army coming and they hid the children. Your friends fought alongside of me and they were injured but did survive."
"That will be a relief. So why are you here?"
"I am here to tell you some news and to give you the last scroll."
"Will you please tell me the news?"
"I don't want to spoil this moment it has been so long since I last saw you. I have missed you so much." Sesshomaru said before wrapping his arms around Kagome. Sesshomaru inhaled deeply taking in her scent.
"What do you mean? Are we not married or mated?"
"Yes we mated but Kagome you died."
"What? How?"
"We had the final battle with Naraku and he killed you. I tried to revive you but it was impossible. I tried everything but nothing worked. I have lived in our home for 500 years waiting for you to come back to me and our children but when you didn't come I waited til the time when I knew we would be looking for the scrolls."
"What?"
"Kagome I'm so sorry. I thought I should be the one to tell you."
"Can we change it?" Kagome asked as tears fell from her eyes.
"We have already changed one thing."
"What would that be?"
"Last time we were not told."
"So should I tell you from the past?"
"I believe that would be best."
"I have one question."
"What is that my love?"
"How much time did I spend with the children before I died?"
"Not very long but they do know who you are. I told them stories since they were young about you. They wanted to come meet you."
"Did you bring them?"
"No, I figured it would be painful for both you and them."
"Why would that be?"
"It would be because they haven't known you and you would never want to leave them."
"True, it would probably change things anyway."
"More than likely but they do love you."
"So what can your past self and I do to keep me alive?"
"Just be careful and don't do anything risky."
"What do you mean?"
" I can't really tell you but here is the scroll." Sesshomaru handed her a scroll that was a dark crimson brown.
"Why is this a different color than the other ones?"
"You will understand after you read it. But I must go and you should read it after I get back."
"Why do you have to go?"
"If I stay too much longer I will not let you go." Before Kagome could respond Sesshomaru was gone.

About ten minutes later Lord Takeshi came into the room followed by Lord Shinjiro. Lord Takeshi walked up to Kagome and placed his hand on her shoulder.
"What did he say?"
"He told me I'm going to die." With that said Kagome broke down and cried.
"It will be ok. We will prevent that from happening."
"What if we can't? I'm going to die and abandon my children."
"We will figure something out."
"ok. I just hope that the Sesshomaru from the past comes back soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Two weeks Later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Kagome was really starting to worry about Sesshomaru but she knew that he had to be ok because of the simple fact that he was here in the future. She just wished he would come back soon. Kagome was now pacing by the front window when the phone rang.
"Hello."
"Kagome stop pacing I'm fine."
"I know but I can't help worrying about you."
"I know but just look outside." Kagome did as present Sesshomaru told her and saw past Sesshomaru coming toward the door. She dropped the phone back on the cradle and ran outside.
"Are you ok?"
"Yes, the enemy is still in our lands but it is not as strong as it once was. How are you?"
"I'm good but i had some surprises while you were gone."
"Oh really like what?"
"Let's go inside and I'll tell you." After they went inside and were bombarded by people they finally got to have a little alone time.
"So what all happened while I was gone?" Sesshomaru asked while running his fingers through Kagome's hair. Kagome turned her head to look at Sesshomaru and with sorrow in her eyes she explained all that he had told her.
"I will not let that happen."
"Maybe it is supposed to."
"I do not believe that is so. We will stop it from happening."
"I have no idea if we can but we should probably read the new scroll."
"Yes we should but know that I will never let anything happen to you." With that said Sesshomaru kissed Kagome before they went to the study where the other lords were located.

As soon as Sesshomaru walked in the study he smelled something off about the air as did the other Lords. Sesshomaru automatically knew the scent of that of old blood.
"Why does it smell like blood in here?" Sesshomaru asked.
"I am unsure it didn't smell like this last time I was in here." Lord Akemi explained.
"I think I know what it is." Kagome said as she pulled the scroll from it's hiding place. As soon as it hit the air the smell grew.
"Did you not notice this Kagome?" Lord Takeshi asked.
"No. It smelled like paper when I got it."
"I believe we should read its contents." Sesshomaru said already knowing what it would say. He recognized the smell.
After a few seconds Kagome opened the scroll where a ring fell from its folds dropping to the ground. The ring was covered in blood as well. Kagome picked it up and held it in her hand while she read aloud the scroll.

My name is Kagome. I am the Lady of the West and mate of Sesshomaru. You may be wondering why the scroll is covered in blood. It is mine. Inuyasha is writing this for me. I hope that the future Sesshomaru has found me in my past and has given this to me. The ring inside is Sesshomaru's mother's. I put this with this so that all will know that I am who I say I am. Know that my final battle was long and hard and for one split second when I wasn't looking a weapon pierced my flesh. I cannot say who it was but I will tell you this. The person holds great power and I would have grown to that power if not for my demise.

"I can't continue." Kagome said as tears streamed down her face.
"You must. This scroll may give us a clue as to how to save you." Sesshomaru explained. Kagome then nodded her head and began to read again.

The dreams you are experiencing younger self are those of past lives but soon you will see the future of your own. You will see your own death but I fear that it will be too late. I know that you are crying and wanting to stop and I as well would like to not continue for I am not long for the world but you need to know that not everything is as it seems and that you can change our future.

"At the bottom it is dated but somebody scribbled it out." Kagome explained through tears.
"It was probably my half brother. He knew it would alter things too much." Sesshomaru explained as he wrapped his arms around Kagome.