InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Roommate ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Roommate

 

Sara: I'm at home and I'm sick! So I thought I would type a chapter. This chapter took long to type because, as you can see, it is long. I want you to get on with the story as much as I am itching to write it. Just so you know, it took me days to type my adoring fans! I don't know how many more reviews I will get by the end of the chapter so I will just put the review stuff at the bottom!

 

 

 

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO CHERRYBLOSSOMZ (I hope this chapter is right)

 

THIS IS ALSO DEDICATED THIS CHAPTER TO THE EVER POPULAR SARCASM GIRL8

 

AND FINALLY IT IS ALSO DEDICATED TO INUYASHAPHR33K! THANKS FOR UPDATING FAME! AND FEARING MY WRATH!

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

The Roommate: Chapter 5

 

 

Summary: AU: Kagome Higurashi, aspiring actress, realizes that she has no money left over to pay for her rent so she posts and ad for a roommate. Inuyasha Takeimo, a bankrupt actor in need of a place to stay...

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

 

I reached for my toothbrush and looked in the mirror. A girl with ruffled hair and sleepy eyes stared back at me. I sighed.

 

"Good morning." I began. "Did you sleep nice?" I usually talk in the morning. And usually, Kikyou would tell me to shut up, get a life, or the ever creative "What's your problem?" But I was so used to having a roommate, it didn't bother me to talk to myself. Especially since I have been doing it for weeks now. I reached for the Colgate and it slipped out of my hand like a bar of soap. I looked back up at my reflection.

 

"This is gonna be a bad day."

 

I crouched down on my knees and picked up the toothpaste.

 

"Bad toothpaste. Bad!" I would have normally said, but I was out of it. I took the substance and squirted it onto my toothbrush. After a thorough brushing, flossing, and rinsing, I drifted off into the kitchen and make a quick breakfast. I looked at the doorknob as it turned clockwise (Sara: I think) and shouted "Hey Sango!"

 

"Hey!" I heard through the door as it jammed open. Sango had three markers in her mouth, a scanner in her arms, and had a cup of coffee on top of it.

 

"Your amazing." I said as I walked and freed the coffee cup from her load. She gradually spit the markers on onto the top of the Scanner box.

 

"I had a brilliant idea!"

"Me two!" I replied as I took a sip of her coffee and set it down.

 

"I thought of making-" I interrupted her.

 

"I am going to make posters for a roommate." I finished. Sango pouted.

 

"Now how did you steal that idea from me?" She asks half jokingly. I smiled.

 

"Best friends think alike." I replied smoothly as I went back to my Frosted Flakes and Sunny side up eggs (Sara: Yuck! Sunny side up eggs suck!). After I finished eating my breakfast, we started to hook up the scanner. Sango swept her hair back and let wisps of it frame her face.

 

"Okay. Lets create." She said with mock seriousness. I nodded strongly and we turned to the computer.

 

"It should be pink." I stated.

 

"No. Pink will attract mostly boys. Didn't you hear it was a `gangster' color?" Sango said, using her fingers as quote signs. I imagined a gang puppet living with me across the hall, six feet tall, six pack, pink bathrobe. I fell into a state of hysterics.

 

"Okay. Make it red." I said as soon as I could breath. Sango nodded and continued with Picture it! Flyer creator. I tried to peer over her shoulder but she kept on blocking my way or smirking at me.

 

"Move Sango!" I cried as I finally heaved her out of the chair. As she crashed to the floor with a big OOMPH, I gasped. The flyer was beautifully decorated with fully informal information about my apartment and how it is conveniently located near the bus stop.

 

"Wow Sango! This flyer is beautifully decorated with fully informal information about my apartment and how it is conveniently located near a bus stop!" I gushed. Sango grinned and shrugged, as a way to say `I know I rule right?'.

 

"Print it Print it!" I shouted giddily.

 

"Hold your horses!" She scolded and sat on my lap. After about twenty minutes, the flyer flew out of the printer with a soft WOOSH.

 

 

"C'mon Kags. Lets go hang them." Sango said. I nodded and we dashed out of the apartment.

 

(Sara: I'm going to skip the part of the flyer hanging because I will just be rambling)

 

I was walking home, floating freely down the sidewalk. The flyers were all hung up in the most convenient of all places. I failed to see Inuyasha walking by, a small coat hung on his shoulders, a mournful look of pain stricken on his face.

 

INUYASHA'S POV

(Sara: I know, I said there wouldn't be much of this but shut up and leave me alone… sorry.)

 

I can't believe it.

 

I just can't believe it.

 

I would have never thought I would be homeless in a million years. I rubbed the shreds of the eviction notice that was in my pocket. And Kikyou isn't home.

 

Oh Kikyou.

 

No more expensive gifts from me.

 

No more surprise (x)Gucci dresses for going to a concert.

 

No more all you can eat at nights at Tour de clair de lune par la lune or any other $30 per dish restaurants.

 

I looked to my left and saw a giddy girl, floating down the street.

 

"Dumbass." I mumbled as I passed her. She didn't seem to notice.

 

"Where can I live? How can I live? I was an actor for seven fucking years of my damn life!" I yelled and continued down the crowded street. The people I passed seemed not to notice my gloom. A row of teens were chatting along about me but they didn't seem to notice when I walked down the sidewalk, brushing one of their arms.

 

"Hey Eri. Did you just see that Inuyasha look-alike walk into me? I swear he thinks he is the best since he can afford lipo, botox, and a personal trainer." One of them said and the girls around her laughed.

 

"Good one Yuri." I one of them said as they scurried along the sidewalk. I gritted my teeth.

 

"Look alike my ass." I mumbled as I walked into a Krispy Kreme store to drown my sorrows in. I bought 12-Powdered Crème Filled (Sara: Those are yummy) and walked to a table in the back. When I sat down in the chair, I heard a soft CRINK. I put down the doughnuts and ripped the paper off of my butt.

 

"A flyer?" I asked nobody. Sure enough, it was a flyer advertising for a roommate (Sara: Convenient place eh?).

 

"Who the hell puts a flyer in a Krispy Kreme store?" I asked as I read it over quickly. The location sounded familiar.

 

(the flyer)

 

HEY YOU!

 

THE ONE THAT'S READING THIS

 

I KNOW YOU ARE!

 

ARE YOU STRUGGLING TO PAY YOUR RENT?

 

DON'T DRIVE?

 

WELL I HAVE SPACE FOR YOU!

 

CONVENIENTLY LOCATED BEHIND A BUS STOP.

 

ONLY $50 DOLLARS A MONTH (and for the first 2 months, groceries included)

 

SO COME ON DOWN

 

YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!

 

(Complex A-F at The Shikon Apartments

Apartment 124 floor F.)

 

555-8316

 

I read the flyer over and over again.

 

"How vague." I spoke dryly. But something about it drew me in (maybe because it was red). I took my doughnut box and walked out of the doughnut shop. I walked to the bus stop and ate my doughnuts while waiting.

 

KAGOME'S POV

 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Taijiya but I am highly allergic to plastic." I lied.

 

"Yea. She breaks out in hives and everything. They she falls to the floor and twitches a lot." Sango offered. The woman adjusted her plastic socks.

 

"Why do you have that Tupperware in your cabinet then?" She asked in a snotty voice.

 

"That's Sango's." I shot.

 

"They how come you aren't twitching because of my socks? Or sneakers? Or why aren't you twitching because of your own purse?" She shot back. Sango's eye twitched. She did a flip over the chair.

 

"I know Karate." She said dangerously low. Mrs. Taijiya narrowed her eyes.

 

"No you don't." She said in an equally low tone.

 

"Mooommmaaaaaaa! SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO BE HER ROOMMATE! SO GET OUT!" Sango whined and stomped her foot. Mrs. Taijiya sighed.

 

"Sango… I knew you would be a tomboy ever since you started with that stupid big boomerang thing…" she said and sighed again. Sango narrowed her eyes even further.

 

"Leave Hiraikotsu out of this!" She shouted through gritted teeth.

 

"If your father never got you that stupid Hiraikotsu!" Mrs. Taijiya sighed as she picked up her purse to leave.

 

"Goodbye Kagome-Chan." She turned to Sango and nodded. "Sango." And with that, she was out the door and on her way.

 

"I hate that woman." Sango said and sat down next to me. I gasped.

 

"How can you hate your own mother?" I asked, shocked. Sango shrugged.

 

"I don't know." And returned to her cell phone, chatting away with other potential roommates. The doorbell rang.

 

"I GOT IT!" I called out and ran to the door. I saw the doorknob twist and froze in my tracks.

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Sara: THIS ISNT THE END OF THE CHAPTER! I REPEAT!!!ISNT THE END!!!

 

I just wanted to type something here… but I don't

 

Know

 

What…

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

"SANGO!" I cried. The door opened.

 

"Hey wench. Learn to lock your doors." Inuyasha stated and walked past me, to my couch.

 

"Why? Its not like a burglar is going to come to the top floor." I mumbled and locked the door behind him.

 

"So Inu-Man. Why are you here?" Sango asked. Inuyasha shot her a warning glance.

 

"Don't ever call me Inu-Man again. And I'm here for that stupid ad of yours." He scoffed. I raised an eyebrow.

 

"The great Inuyasha has succumbed to a potential roommate?" I asked quizzically. He narrowed his eyes.

 

"Shut up." He mumbled and took a bite of his second to last Krispy Kreme. I leaned over and took the last one. I broke it in half and gave some to Sango.

 

"Ok tell me about yourself." I said, mid chew. His left eye twitched rapidly.

 

"I was rich. I was special. Now I'm not rich anymore." His said slowly as he eyes Sango sniffing the Krispy Kreme and tossing it into the trash. The corners of Sango's lips turned up.

 

"And what happened? Mind me asking." She asked.

 

"I DO mind!" I shot.

 

"Oh. Well I DON'T want to share my apartment with you then." I said, in mock seriousness. He stomped his foot like a third grader.

 

"FINE!" He shouted then got quiet. "I didn't get any movies in two years."

 

"What did you say?" I asked, even though I heard him perfectly clearly.

 

"I said that I gave Kikyou the last of my money and my check bounced. But I will have more money in a few months." He said. I narrowed my eyes.

 

"Why don't you stay with Kikyou then?" I asked. He looked away.

 

"Look. Am I your roommate or not." He asked. I nodded.

 

"'Kay. You got it." I agreed. He smiled. That's the first time I ever saw him smile, I thought. And damn. It sure was sexy. I shook my head.

 

"So. You can go pack up and be back next week." I said. He shook his head.

 

"No need. All of my stuff is at Kikyou's house. I will just go there tomorrow morning and get dressed." He said. I flinched.

 

"Okay. Well Sango, you have Gymnastics class at Najidensoko. Don't forget to pick me up at-" She interrupted me.

 

"-Seven sharp for your Najidensoko thing. Then to Sesshomaru's thing and then to WcDonalds and then to the trainer. Gotcha." Sango replied from memory. I blinked. I was about to say something when I heard a deep noise. It was very annoying. I spun around and saw Inuyasha, shaking and… growling?

 

"What do you have to do with my brother?" He demanded. I shrugged.

 

"Meeting about the play." I said. Sango grinned.

 

"Bye Sachii. I'll pick you up at seven sharp." And with that, she danced out of the door.

 

"Sachii?" Inuyasha asked.

 

"Stubborn Princess. Don't ask. Anyway, back to the house tour." I said and showed him his room. The light was filtering in through the window blinds, making his black bed glisten. Red and purple pillows of multiple sizes dotted the bed. He walked up to the bed and flipped one of the pillows around. Kikyou was written in neat cursive. I fiddled with the corner of my skirt.

 

"She bought this stuff and I didn't get the money to replace it yet." I tried to sound nonchalant but it just made my voice crack. He shrugged.

"I remember these. When I used to sleep over." He said coolly. I remembered when Kikyou would let Inuyasha stay over.

 

"How can I forget? Those were the nights I couldn't sleep." I blurted out unexpectedly. He turned his face but I could still see the faint blush creeping up on his face.

 

"Sorry." He mumbled. I smiled.

 

"Well you can look around and everything. I have to go get in the shower and get ready for my class and meeting." I said and walked out of the room leaving Inuyasha in his memories.

 

::LATER::

 

When I step out of the house in my school uniform, dress tucked neatly in my bookbag; I hear muffled voices coming from Kikyou's apartment. I look at my watch. Sango shouldn't arrive for about ten minutes. I walked up to Kikyou's door and leaned against it lightly.

 

"How did this happen! Why the fuck didn't you save your money!" I heard a girl yell, must have been Kikyou.

 

"I'm sorry Kikyou. I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to buy all of those gifts you wanted." Inuyasha.

 

"I never said that! I NEVER SAID YOU HAD TO BUY EVERYTHING!" Kikyou shouted. Then I could hear her start to sob.

 

"Inuyasha. I love you. I really do just… just…"

 

"Kikyou…" I pushed away from the door and stomped down the steps. I hesitated and ran back and leaned on the door again. Call me nosy.

 

"Okay…" And I heard footsteps. I froze in place as the door opened and I fell in.

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Sara: THIS ISNT THE END! I WOULD HAVE MADE IT THE END BUT I AM SICK AND BORED SO I WILL CONTINE!

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

"Kagome!" Inuyasha said shockingly. I looked up at him and at Kikyou standing behind him. Her lips were swollen and she had a hickey on her neck. I stifled out a laugh.

 

"Heh. What a surprise. I was walking by when my uh… heel broke so I leaned on the door and at the EXACT moment, you opened it!" I lied. Kikyou looked at my shoe.

 

"Your heel is fine." She said, monotone. I looked down at my heel and stifled another laugh.

 

"Heh! I guess I was just clumsy. You know how I am right Kikyou?" I said nervously. Kikyou looked at me suspiciously. Sango, my savior, decided to walk by at that exact moment.

 

"HEY KAGS! Your almost late…" Sango drifted off as she saw me, lying on the floor, of Kikyou Baka's apartment. She stifled a laugh that sounded almost as face as mines.

 

"…Late for the game of hide and go seek. Uh… Miroku already found me so I came to find you." She make up. I sweatdropped. That was a faker lie than mine. Kikyou blinked.

 

"Children…" She mumbled and walked to a room and slammed the door behind her. Inuyasha looked down at me.

 

"I need a key for the apartment." He said. I reached into my pocket and handed him one. Sango bent down and tapped my leg.

 

"Your it." She said and ran out of the room. I slowly stood, and stepped out of the room.

 

::SANGO'S CAR::

 

"Why did you leave me in there!" I shouted as she turned down the volume from Eminem's Mosh.

 

"I'm not good at situations like that." She said as she paid attention to the road. I sighed and played with the hem of my skirt. We arrived at Najidensoko and I pushed open the door.

 

"Thanks Sango." I said and headed for the building. The halls were bustling. I saw Hojo's head over the student. He was eating a multigrain bar. He is really to skinny to be healthy. I tried to hide from him but it was too late.

 

"Hey Higurashi!" He cried. I stiffened and turned around slowly.

 

"Hey!" He said. I could see him running towards me in slow motion.

 

"Hi-gu-ras-hi!" He shouted slowly. I turned and ran towards the girls' bathroom. Before I slammed the door, I heard him say, "Guess she didn't hear me." I looked at my watch. I had five minutes to get to a class that was twenty minutes away. I cracked the door open a bit and looked around. When the coast was clear, I dashed out towards Room Two hundred sixty five. When I reach halfway, I see Mr. Baka heading towards me. A shiver went down my back.

 

"Ohayo Mr. Baka." I said and bowed. I never really did this before, but Mr. Baka insisted that I said Ohayo to him. Mr. Baka smiled and walked on. I sighed and continued towards Mr. Yengi's class. The bell rang. I sprinted faster, faster. I could feel my soles slapping against the floor strongly. His room came into view as the door started to open. I struggled to slow down… down… down. I hit the door and stumbled back. The girl looked at me with wide eyes.

 

"I'm so sorry Kagome!" She cried.

 

"No… No Problem Eri." I struggled to get out as I put a hand to my head. I could feel a bruise forming. I forced a smile and walked into the room. Mr. Yengi looked at me and smiled.

 

"Don't worry. Mr. Baka told me that you two stopped to chat." And he nodded towards his chair.

 

"That guy has power." I mumbled to myself as I looked on the board and copied my notes.

 

::AFTER THE CLASS::

 

I headed outside and to wait for Sango. I rubbed my raw hands on my arms. In this part of Japan, the temperature flip-flops a lot. Just today it was eighty degrees (Sara: I do not know Celsius). Now its like below forty. I looked at the road and counted the number of cars that passed by that I wanted. When I reached fifty-seven, Sango's car finally pulled up. She honked her horn three times.

 

"I'm so sorry. I was wrapped up at Najidensoko, and then Mr. Baka came, and then my teacher said that I had to show him a routine and…" Sango drifted off. I noticed that she was still in her Gymnastics bathing suit thing. I waved my hand.

 

"Don't worry Sango. No harm done." I said and climbed into the car. She smiled.

 

"Thank you Kags. You are so understanding." She said. I smirked.

 

"I know right?" I said half jokingly. Sango laughed as she backed out of the lot and drove down to the place. When we arrived, I hid behind an oddly tall bush (my height) and got dressed in the dress. It was a casual black off the shoulder dress that went into a feathery skirt to the floor. Okay, not so casual. I emerged from the bush. Sango smiled at me.

 

"Go get `em tiger." She said. I make a mock claw and growled. She laughed as I headed into the building. It was packed to capacity. We were all squished like sardines. I struggled to find Sesshomaru so I could tell him I arrived. I scurried through the people in elegant dresses and tuxedos. When I finally saw a bob of silver, I ran towards it and lightly pulled one of the locks. The man turned around.

 

"Why are you touching my hair wench!" He shouted. I was taken aback.

 

"Why are you here?" I shouted back. He scoffed.

 

"Its my brothers movie. I can be here if I want to. Why are you here?" He shot. I narrowed my eyes.

 

"IM IN THE DAMN MOVIE!" I shouted back. It seemed like the movie screeched to a stop. Everybody turned to me; evil looks on their eyes. Sesshomaru pushed his way through.

 

"Kagome." He said monotonously. I stifled out a chuckle.

 

"Heh. Sesshomaru-sama. There you are. Heh." I said and pointed to him. Sesshomaru glared at me.

 

"Hello. Your late." He said, using the same tone. Inuyasha snorted and said something that sounded like `of course'. I looked at him icily. The party continued as if I disappeared from the face of the earth, which I wish happened right about then. As the party neared an end, Sesshomaru took the microphone. He cleared his throat.

 

"Ahem. Hello…" He said with the same tone. Even a baby could tell that he isn't used to talking in front of people. "I just wanted to thank all the actors and actresses of this movie for coming and the first rehearsal will be tomorrow at seven o'clock sharp… That will be all." And with that, he walked off stage as slowly as he walked on. I was the first out of there. As I opened the door, the cold windy artic-like are hit me and I greeted it happily. Sango was on the roof of her car, writing in a notepad.

 

"Hey." I said joined her. She looked at me and closed the notebook quickly.

 

"That was a long time." She said. I shrugged.

 

"Ready to go?" I asked. She nodded and we walked into the car.

 

::THE APARTMENT::

 

I entered the apartment and dropped my heels near the door. I was up all night at Sango's, watching romance movies and eating ice cream. I dragged my body to my room and flopped down on my bed, fully dressed. That's when I realized I wasn't alone.

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Sara: That was a long chappy. It took me 5 hours to write. That's pretty sad. Sorry for not updating for a while. I hope this makes up for it. (sneeze) I HATE BEING SICK (points at germ) YOU!!!!

 

(x)Gucci: Really now. Do you think I own this????

 

Cherryblossomz: I fixed it just for you!

 

Possum Girl: Thankx

 

CrazyFORvampires: I updated!

 

Humble-bumble: lol neither would I

 

Sarcasm Girl8: I LOVE getting reviews!

 

Dork (anonymous): Heh you solved the mystery of the purple button!

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Next chapter preview:

 

"C'mon Kagome! You call that acting! I can do a better Sachii than you!" I narrow my eyes at him.

 

"Fine then Inuyasha. You come up here and be Sachii!" I challenge. He looks thoughtful for a moment. Then he smirks.

 

"FINE! I WILL!"

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Hey what's that down there!

It looks so cool

Not here but lower

And lower

And lower

And lower

See it too?

Kinda purple and says some words on it.

Hmm... Wonder what will happen when I press it..............