InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Scent of Rain ❯ The coming of Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: The Coming of Rain
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. I only own this story and any original characters you find.
 
 
She was in an open field. It was night time and there was a full moon in the sky. There were beautiful flowers everywhere. A couple seemed to be on fire. Suddenly, the dreamer felt a presence behind her. She turned around and saw the most beautiful woman in the world. She had long blonde hair and soft blue-gray eyes. She was wearing a pale gray kimono .Just then, the women looked at her.
`Who are you?' the dreamer asked.
`Wait! Please tell me who you are?' The woman just smiled and turned away. She started walking away from this place.
 
 
 
Rain Higurashi sat up in her bed, breathing heavily. Man, what a weird dream, she thought. She stood up and went to her window. She opened it and leaned on the sill. Anyone looking at her would say she was an attractive girl. She had wavy, waist-length, auburn hair and burning crimson eyes. Her skin was pale and seemed to have an unearthly glow to it. She was tall and athletic. She had an air of intelligence about her and that intelligence was also reflected in her eyes.
Rain's thoughts returned to the dream. But was it just a dream? She thought. I felt like I knew that woman. She seemed so...familiar.
At that moment, her bedroom door opened and another girl came in. she was about three inches shorter than Rain, at about 5'5”, and had wavy, waist-length black hair and chocolate brown eyes. Unlike Rain, she had an air of innocence about her and it shone in her eyes.
“What are you doing up, Rain?” the girl asked sleepily.
“Couldn't sleep, Kagome,” Rain replied. “What are you doing up?”
“I sensed that you were troubled and wanted to see what was wrong. Bad dream?”
“Yeah...you could say that. I'm fine now though. Get back to sleep. Don't forget we have to go back to the Feudal Era tomorrow.” Rain walked over to Kagome and smirked before saying her next words. “If we don't show up on time, Inuyasha will just throw a hissy fit and come get us.” She smirked even more as she saw Kagome bristle at her words.
“Yeah I know,” the irate girl replied. “Goodnight Rain.” Kagome went over to Rain and hugged her. Rain returned the hug lightly.
“Goodnight Kagome.” Kagome sighed happily. She was the only person who got to see Rain like this, with a kind look in her eyes not the emotionless or angry one. Kagome was happy for it. She seems so sad sometimes, she thought. I just want to help her. I know she's lonely, even if she won't admit it. I see the look in her eyes every time I'm sitting with mom or dad. She misses her parents.
Rain was an orphan. Her parents were killed when she was five. She was sent to the orphanage. One day, when Kagome's mom went there to donate some clothes, she saw the little girl by herself. She asked about her and found out that her parents were shot two months ago. Since then, she didn't talk to anybody. Mrs. Higurashi felt compassion and sympathy for the girl so she adopted her and took her in. When Rain first came to the Higurashi household, she was as distant as she had been at the orphanage. But little by little, she became more open, at least to her new family. By the time she was thirteen, the family knew everything about her. She adored Souta, helped Grandpa run the shrine, and thought of Mrs. Higurashi as her own mother. Also, over the years Kagome and she developed a special bond. They would know when the other was in trouble, they could find each other anywhere, and, in Rain's case, knew what the other was thinking. That was how Rain knew where Kagome was when she first went to the Feudal Era. Rain sensed Kagome inside the well so she jumped down and ended up in Feudal Japan. After that, she went with Kagome every time she went back.
Truthfully, Kagome was glad Rain was there. The taller girl gave her comfort. Kagome finally made it back to her bedroom. “Goodnight Rain,” she whispered before she went to sleep.
Meanwhile, Rain, who had watched Kagome walk away, smiled and got back into bed. “Goodnight, Kagome.”
 
 
 
 
Sooooooooooo, did you like it? I hope you did. Please leave a review. I would appreciate it. Well, adios.