InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Scent of Rain ❯ The Attack of the Darkness Demon ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. I only own this story and any original characters you find.
 
 
Ch.3:The Attack of the Darkness Demon
Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other, and then followed her. They all walked to the well house and went inside.
“Let's go,” Inuyasha growled. He jumped in, followed by Kagome, then Rain. As they jumped they were engulfed in a blue light. After a minute, the light disappeared and they landed on the bottom of the well. Inuyasha grabbed Kagome and jumped out; knowing Rain would refuse to be carried. Not that he wanted to carry her. Rain started climbing out of the well, making sure she had a good grip on her duffel bag. When she had climbed out, all three started towards the village. They were on the outskirts when a small, orange ball of fluff barreled into Kagome, almost knocking her to the ground.
“Kagome!” the fluff shifted, showing a head and two blue eyes. The fluff turned out to be a little kid, one with pointy ears, a fluffy tail, and paws for hands and feet.
“Hey Shippo,” Kagome replied.
“I missed you.”
“I missed you too. But I'm back now and I brought some treats.”
“Yay!”
“Hello Kagome, Rain. It is good to have you back.” The said girls turned around to look at who had spoken. They saw a man and a woman approaching them. The woman had waist length, dark brown hair and kind brown eyes. She was wearing a white, pink, and green kimono and a giant boomerang was strapped to her back. Wrapped around her neck was what looked like a cat with two tails.
The man had black hair which was in a small ponytail. His eyes were a deep violet and he had on black and purple robes. He held a staff in his right hand and the same hand had a cloth wrapped around it that had prayer beads surrounding it.
“Hello Miroku, Sango. Nice to see you again,” Kagome said smiling at them. Rain just nodded.
“As articulate as ever eh Rain?” Miroku told her coming to stand beside her.
“How have you guys been?” Kagome asked. “Any demon attacks?”
“Well...” Sango was about to answer, but Miroku suddenly interrupted them with a yelp. The two girls turned to look at him and saw Rain holding his wrist in a painful position.
“If you try that again, you perverted monk,” Rain said her eyes narrowed, “then I'll solve the problem of your curse myself. Understand?” Miroku nodded. “Good.” Rain let go and started walking to the village.
“Sheesh, what's her problem?” Shippo asked from his perch on Kagome's shoulder.
“Ignore her,” Kagome replied. “She's been more irritable than usual lately.” I wonder why though, she thought as she and the others followed her. She's never been like this before. I'll ask about it later. They finally reached the village. They went to Kaede's hut. The old woman met them outside it.
“Hello Kagome,” she said. “It is good to see ye again. I trust ye are in fine health?”
“Yes,” Kagome replied. “I hope you are feeling better.” The last time she had been here, the village had been attacked by a demon. Kaede got caught in the crossfire between the demon and Inuyasha.
“Rain is inside,” Kaede said, answering Kagome's unasked question. “Is something bothering her?”
“I have no idea. We've been wondering the same thing.” They walked inside and found Rain leaning against one of the walls.
“Will you give us those treats now Kagome?” Shippo said.
“Sure Shippo.” She dug into her bag and started looking for them. “Where are they?” she asked herself. “Hey Rain, do you know where I put them?” Rain picked up her bag and walked over to where Kagome sat. She opened it and pulled out several bags.
“Let's see,” she said, rummaging through them, “chips for Inuyasha.” She handed a bag to him. “Chocolate cookies for Shippo,” Again, she gave them to him. “Rice balls for Sango, and soda for Miroku.” Kagome sweatdropped.
“Um, Rain, where did you find those?” Rain looked at her.
“You left them on the kitchen table buried under all your school papers. Speaking of which, your school books are also in here.” She once again leaned against the wall, this time sitting down.
“Uh, thanks Rain.” She looked at the others, who were busy eating. Rain also looked at them.
“So, what's the plan, Inuyasha?” she asked. Said person looked up from his food. He finished chewing what was left and swallowed it. Finally, he spoke.
“There's a rumor of a strong demon to the west of here. I say, we go and see if he has any jewel shards.”
“Sounds good,” Rain replied. “When do we leave?”
“Tomorrow morning.” Rain nodded, then stood up, brushing her pants off as she did so. Then she turned and walked to the door.
“Where are you going?” Kagome asked.
“Out.” She noticed the worried look in Kagome's eyes and her expression softened. Miroku, Kaede, and Sango saw this and all three smiled softly. “I won't go far,” Rain told Kagome. Kagome looked at her and nodded. Rain gave her a small smile and left.
“You are very lucky Kagome,” Miroku stated. When Kagome looked at him questioningly, he explained. “You have a sister like Rain to care for you and who will be there for you. Not many people have that.”
“I agree with Miroku,” Sango said. “It is obvious that Rain cares for you.” Kagome blushed and nodded.
I just wish she'd open up to me more is all, she thought. They passed the time chatting and laughing at Shippo and Inuyasha. After an hour had passed, Kagome started to worry about Rain.
“Do you think we should...” she started to say before she sensed a demonic aura close to the village. “Inuyasha, do you sense that?” she asked standing up.
“You bet I do,” the half-demon said, standing. At that moment they felt a surge of energy that they had felt before.
“That...that was Rain!” Kagome shouted. She ran out of the hut, followed by the others.
I hope we're not too late, Inuyasha thought as they ran towards their goal, for Kagome's sake.
After Rain left the hut, she walked to the forest where the well was hidden. But instead of heading to the well or the Sacred Tree, she walked to a place she had discovered recently. She hadn't told anyone about it because she was sure that they would bug her every time she came here. She kept walking until she came to a clearing. It was beautiful. there was a small pond in the middle with a Sakura tree right beside it, in full bloom. There were flowers everywhere and the grass was a beautiful emerald green. Birds were singing in the trees and there were a few other animals there, among them being two wolves, a deer, and a lynx.
When Rain stepped into the clearing, the animals looked up at her, but did not leave. In fact, they walked up to her and butted their head against her. Rain smiled, a genuine happy smile, and walked to the Sakura tree, where she sat down at its base. The lynx sat on her lap, the wolves on one side and in front of her, and the deer lay down on her other side. Rain pet the lynx with one hand and one of the wolves with another. These were her friends. They knew her from seeing her come here a lot.
At first, whenever she came, the deer would leave, while the other three growled, trying to scare her away. But she wasn't scared. Instead, she ignored them and sat as far away as possible from them. The animals were, confused, but still stayed on their guard. Rain kept doing this for two weeks and little by little the animals started relaxing around her. Then, one day, a demon attacked her while she was sitting by the tree.
She dodged its attack and was preparing to dodge another one, when one of the wolves attacked the demon. It managed to bite it, but the demon easily tossed it off and then attacked it. But Rain pushed the wolf out of the way and took the attack herself. About a minute after, Inuyasha showed up with the others and destroyed the demon. Ever since that day, the animals had trusted her and became her friends. Rain guessed they lived somewhere nearby because they were always at the clearing whenever she got there or they would come a few minutes after her.
Rain had been sitting there for an hour, when she felt another presence. Not like Inuyasha or Kagome, but just the regular feeling. A second later, what appeared to be a human entered the clearing. He had waist-length red hair tied in a low ponytail and pale skin. He wore the garb of a samurai. But his eyes were what drew one's attention. They were black, pure black and they didn't show anything. They didn't even reflect the light!
When he entered, the animals were on their feet instantly and were snarling. Well, the wolves and lynx were; the deer had run away. Rain herself stood up. As she did so, the stranger turned to her and frowned.
“Who are you?” Rain asked her voice as cold as an iceberg.
“My name is of no importance to you mortal,” he said, eyes narrowing. “Who are you?
“My name is also of no importance. What is your business here?” The man looked at her.
She may know the one I search for, he thought. He looked at her again, this time looking at her body also. He smirked. Even if she doesn't know, I'm sure I could find another use for her. He walked over to her, stopping when he was three feet away. Rain's expression turned wary. She did not like the way he was looking at her. “My name is Auran,” he said at last, deciding to reveal his name. “I search for the one called Inuyasha. Do you know where I could find him?” Rain looked at him, her expression guarded.
Why is he looking for Inuyasha? She thought. Is he another one of Naraku's incarnations? Or maybe he was tricked by Naraku into doing his dirty work? Aloud, Rain said, “Well, that's a first. A demon with manners. I never expected that.” she allowed herself to smirk when she saw him frown and heard his growl.
“Answer my question, wench,” he spat out.
“Why are you looking for him?” she asked, one eyebrow raised.
“I want his jewel shards,” Auran replied. “They will make me stronger. Now, tell me where he is. It's obvious you know his location since you know who he is.”
Wait a go Rain, she thought. “Actually,” she said, “I just know of his reputation. Sorry I couldn't help you. Now if you'll excuse me.” she nodded and started to leave. Auran smirked and with incredible speed ran in front of her.
“It's a shame you don't know where he is,” he said walking closer to her. “But I think I know something else you could do for me.” Rain realized what he wanted and was filled with anger. He stepped forward, and she stepped back.
“Stay away from me, bastard,” she hissed.
“I don't think so,” Auran replied, continuing his advance. Suddenly, he screamed in pain. Rain looked at him closely and noticed the lynx on his back, biting his neck and clawing his back. Auran reached behind him and grabbed the cat by the neck, then pulled it over his shoulder and tossed it to the side. Rain rushed to the animals aid, glaring at Auran when she finished looking the poor animal over.
“Filthy vermin,” the demon roared. He started pooling energy into his hand. Somehow, Rain looked at it and gasped. It was black, completely and utterly black.
“So,” she said, her voice calm, “you're a darkness demon (1).” He smirked.
“Very perceptive, for a mortal. Now, say goodbye!” he threw the black ball of energy at her. Rain gasped and, picking up the injured lynx, she tried to jump out of the way. But something happened when she jumped. It felt like there was an enormous amount of energy inside her. And as if controlled, she shoved all of it at the ground at the moment she jumped.
During this time her eyes had been shut. So now, she opened them, only to widen them in surprise. She was still in the air, above the trees.
“Whoa,” she whispered as she began falling.
 
 
Darkness demon-I actually made this up. This type of demon can make it completely black with just a thought. Also, they control darkness and can use any type of negative energy. Most of these demons are evil, but there have been a few who were good.
I hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter. As always, leave a review.