InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Soul of a Hanyou ❯ Contemplation ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 21-Contemplation
The four teenagers walked over to the well, with curiosity, excitement and anxiety still fresh in their minds. Awaiting what was to happen after they came up in the feudal era. Kayoko stopped at the steps leading down to the well, and turned back to take a good look at her three companions.
Kagome-What's wrong Kayoko?
Kayoko-Something's in the air. It's….
She started sniffing the air, and after looking at her in confusion Inuyasha follow suite. Akeela did the same hoping that she would be able to smell it.
Akeela-Yeah, it's Ramen about two houses down.
Kayoko-No, not the cooking. Your nose must not be fully developed yet, so you still can't pick up the scent of actually people. Probably just long distances of certain strong smelling objects.
Akeela replied quietly and turned her head down slightly a little ashamed that her senses weren't yet at full capacity.
Inuyasha-It's… it's…comin' from the well….
Kayoko-You're right Inuyasha.
The two hanyous walked cautiously over to the well trying to see what might be hiding down there. They each looked over at the same time and glanced upon each other's faces with confusion surrounding their expressions. Suddenly, as the took a second glance down at the well, They were blinded by a purple light, and Inuyasha immediately put an arm around Kayoko's waist and hoisted her up and back to where Kagome and Akeela were standing at the top of the stairs. When the blinding rage of purple light subsided, the four could only stare at the phenomenon before they were greeted by a familiar voice calling hello out to them. As soon as it did, Inuyasha feared for the worst, and the worst happened (Well not the absolute worst). A whirlwind of blue kicked up from inside the well and landed in front of the four teens. As soon as they stopped trying to block the dust being blown into their eyes, they stood there looking at the tall wolf with Akeela bewildered with his appearance.
Koga-Mutt-Face, what is this place that you've taken my Kagome and Kayoko to?
Kayoko-Whoa! First, I'm not in possession of someone who just claims me, especially someone that tried to kidnap me, and same goes for Kagome. Second, did you ever think that this is where the two of us girls go to get away from you?
Kayoko put her arm around Kagome's neck in a friendly way while talking to the wolf and smirked at her last comment.
Koga-You're a fast talker with a smart mouth. Just like me, Kagome's timid sometimes, but also expresses her feelings. You both have incredible skill, strength and will power but y…
The wolf was cut short when he noticed the angry, upset female red wolf looking back at him and he quickly stared back at her. Gaining his full attention, Kayoko started to make her own defense of words while pointing at Koga in an angered manner.
Kayoko-Don't you ever compare me and Kagome! She's my friend and while I'm sure we can both admit our own faults and weaknesses, we don't need you pointing them out for us.
Kagome couldn't help but feel welcome by what Kayoko had just said that she did understand, and truly understood the kindness that Kagome beheld in her heart for everyone. It was a nice feeling; to go from somewhat contempt between them, to Kayoko coming to her defense while really only needing to defend herself.
Koga-You think of everything in the worst way possible, I was merely complimenting the both of you.
Kayoko-Yeah Right! I heard you, we all did. Don't go trying to cover up your mistakes just because I'm getting angry!
Koga-You're stubborn, you know that?!
Kayoko-As a matter of fact I did! And if you'll excuse me, the four of us have to get back to five hundred years ago so that Akeela here can get used to her powers.
Kayoko gestured a hand towards Akeela and the well, so that hopefully Koga would get the idea.
Koga-This is five hundred years in the future?
Koga looked about his surroundings. He could smell Kagome's scent all over a building to his left, and some scents of her blood relatives.
Kayoko-Yeah if ya weren't so thickheaded maybe you would've realized that before we started arguing.
Koga-Is this your home Kagome?
Kagome-Yeah, I lived here before I met any of you, even before I met Inuyasha.
Akeela, who hadn't said a word this entire time, stepped forward. She pointed a finger at Koga, but as she got closer everyone could tell that she was pointing at his ears in awe.
Akeela-Were everyone's ears different in the feudal era.
Kayoko came to Akeela's side and took hold of her arm that was pointing at Koga. She could tell that he was starting to get annoyed at her. But as Kayoko came to stand by Akeela, Koga noticed something.
Kayoko-No, they're just both demons. Doggy (pointing to Inuyasha), and Wolf Boy (pointing at Koga). Get it?
Akeela silently nodded her head, still with mouth agape and eyes widened at Koga.
Koga-Hey Kayoko, how come this girl looks like you?
Kayoko-Well if you must know you mangy Black Wolf, she is my reincarnation.
Koga-but if she's your reincarnation, how come she doesn't smell like wolf like you do?
Kayoko was caught off guard by this question. It had never occurred to her that Akeela didn't have the scent of wolf on her. So what kind of hanyou could she possibly be?
Akeela-Well, I must be something vicious, like a snake or something. My dentist always said that I had long teeth.
Kayoko-No Akeela, you can't be a snake. Your long teeth maybe canines, and it could be possible that there are so little number of wolf demons in the future that their scent has become very faint, even on full breeds. So that if there were a hanyou wolf demon, they would have no demon scent whatsoever.
Inuyasha-That would explain some things about her behavior. Seeing as how she can't stop sniffing the air.
Akeela- I'm not sniffing the air. (Sniff, sniff)
Kayoko sighed at the sight of her reincarnation. She was so frustrated in everything that was going on that without another word she walked over to the well and jumped in. The other four followed suite and landed back in the feudal era to see Kayoko walking into the forest.
Inuyasha-Where's she going?
Koga-She's going to get a drink out of the stream, that's what wolves do when they're really frustrated, you wouldn't know mutt-face.
Inuyasha and Koga gave each other the death glare.
Akeela-Wolves, dogs too much canine talk for one day this is all making my brain hurt, maybe I should go get a drink too.
Kagome-Uh Akeela, I don't think that you're very accustomed to changing into wolf form in order to drink from the stream.
Akeela-Oh, well then could you come with me into the village to get some water, Kagome?
Kagome-Why, I'd rather go than stay.
Kagome gave the two men a flash of warning before heading off with Akeela towards the village.
Koga-I'm going to check on Kayoko.
Inuyasha-No you won't, I'll go check on her.
The two tried to push each other out of the way while screaming insults and reasons at each other.
Koga-She's probably in wolf form, she won't be able to understand you.
Inuyasha-Well, she could just use telepathy and read my mind.
Finally Inuyasha pushed Koga to the ground and sprinted in the direction of Kayoko's path. Koga quickly recovered and was back on his feet, when he passed Inuyasha bye, while shouting.
Koga-See ya later Mutt-Face. I guess this means you can have Kagome back!
Inuyasha suddenly stopped in mid stride to ponder about what the wolf had just said. `Do I truly care more about Kayoko than Kagome? I guess that if I keep running that's what I'm saying, but do I truly even have any feeling for her? Well, you did try to kiss her. Thank goodness she stopped me though. So that settles it, I have feelings for Kagome. Because I'm relieved that Kayoko stopped me from kissing her, but the thing is that I wanted to kiss her in the first place. Why does this have to so dang complicated! I had deep feelings for Kayoko then, and was truly hurt when she left, but I forgot about her when Kagome came into the picture, right? What about Kagome? Do I truly love her; did I ever even love her more than Kikyo? Or did I just like her because of Kikyo? And do I love Kayoko more than Kikyo? Well, duh to the last, but I'm still not sure about Kagome and Kayoko? Well that's that, I'm undecided and I'll just have to see what happens in the future to the three of us. Because I still want to protect both of them from danger'.