InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Soul of a Hanyou ❯ Song of Eternal Promise ( Chapter 26 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 26-Song of Eternal Promise
Koga-I'm home, where's Ginta and Hakaku?
Ayame ran up through the crowd and hugged the surprised Koga. After a few seconds passed he kindly removed her moves from their suffocating hold on his neck.
Koga-Get ready you're coming with us to the gathering.
Ayame-Us? As in Ginta and Hakaku?
Koga-As in Kayoko and Akeela as well as Ginta Hakaku, and ourselves.
Ayame-Who's Akeela?
Akeela popped out from behind Kayoko and waved to Ayame with a fake cheery smile. Ayame put on a confused look and turned towards Koga.
Ayame-She is a wolf? And Inuyasha and the others are coming as well.
Koga-Yes and just until we reach the location of the gathering.
Kayoko-Then they will return here, we'll attend the conferences and festivities, and when that's over we'll come back here within the day and perform the ceremony, then Akeela and I shall return with Inuyasha and the others and our plans cease at that.
Ayame-I see, well I shall fetch Ginta and Hakaku for you.
Ginta-No need.
Hakaku-We're here and ready to leave for the gathering.
Koga-Excellent, then nothing shall delay us further.
The group of ten beings set off for France in but a few short hours they reach the Japanese coast line before midnight.
Kayoko-How do you plan to get across?
Koga-I didn't really think of this, I knew it would be difficult but with you know we can simply fly across with Cumi.
Kayoko-Very well.
Kayoko whistled and immediately the over hyper little cloud came rushing down. Miroku, Sango, and Shippo remained on Kilala, while Inuyasha, Koga, Kagome, Ayame, Ginta and Hakaku moved to sit on Cumi. Kayoko and Akeela remained on the ground with Akeela somewhat confused.
Akeela-Kayoko do you think that I would be able to levitate myself across the water all of the way?
Kayoko-All you can do is try first on land and do not go too high.
Akeela slowly nodded and pointed her hands towards the ground and closed her eyes. She concentrated as she strained to lift herself in the air, a purple glowing light appeared from her hands as she levitated. Kayoko was somewhat surprised at her rapidly developing strength in her powers. `She's probably determined to be her best, knowing that she's now not ordinary, that's she's different in positives was if only she knew that there's a negative side. If only she knew the real reason why I even came back and had to get her, curse the Keepers for me to not be able to tell anyone. They're smart, they'll figure it out…I hope.' Thought Kayoko. Akeela opened her eyes to reveal their illuminating purple state and happily rejoiced in her triumph. She then began to fly beyond the canopies of the trees and scream as she did in joy. A few minutes afterwards she returned to the ground and announced that she was ready.
Kayoko-Are you sure? Because if you cannot make it across the ocean, should you not be strong enough and fall, should you be too afraid and drown…
She paused to add suspense to what she was going to say to through everyone off of what she really did say.
Kayoko-I will always be there to save you in the nick of time.
Akeela relieved, let out a breath and wiped her brow.
Akeela-Thanks Kayoko, but I will try my best. How long shall it take to go across the ocean?
Kayoko-At the rate the Kilala and Cumi can fly and the speed that I can and you should be able to levitate, not more than 20 minutes. Can you make it?
Ginta-Of course she can make it, if she could fly that good just a few minutes ago then she can fly over the ocean.
Kagome and Sango-We have complete faith in you Akeela!
Inuyasha-We're here for you.
Miroku-Always here. (Raising eyes brows)
Shippo-No matter what.
Hakaku-Forever.
Koga-Through thick and thin.
Kayoko-Here to catch you when you fall, here to comfort you when you cry and here to push you to exceed your limits and succeed in life.
Inuyasha put on a surprised look on his face and stared at Kayoko as she stared back. He couldn't believe what she just said; it came back to him the memories of her sweet, angelic voice soothing his restless soul each and every night.
Akeela-Thanks guys so let's go already.
His fantasy of the past was cut short, all he wanted was for her to sing it one more time as he began to fall fast into the comfort of the slumber he was now feeling.
**^_^**
They had crossed the ocean but everyone besides Inuyasha, Akeela and Kayoko had fallen asleep and so continued with Cumi carrying the majority and Kilala a few, and Kayoko and Akeela still running. Inuyasha was now feeling sleepy and Kayoko realized that if she was going to tell him, it had to be now. She flew over the Cumi and landed nest to Inuyasha on the cloud. He was surprised but nevertheless happy to see her.
Kayoko-Inuyasha, I wanted to tell you something.
Inuyasha-What is it Kayoko are you all right, has something happened?
Kayoko-Yes, but I can't tell you…I noticed that you remembered the lullaby that I used to sing to you.
Inuyasha-How could I forget, it was the most beautiful thing that I've ever heard.
He cupped his hand around her cheek as she placed her hands upon his on her face. She pulled it down to his other hand on the surface of the fluffy could and kept her hands on his while looking into his honey eyes with her own sapphire orbs trying to tell him. She pleaded in her mind that if only he knew he could save her, if only…that was something she said and thought a lot these days. If only she could do this, If only she could say that, life had given her so many restrictions lately. Rules and laws that were important, but in her book should be broken, but she knew the consequences and she was cunning. Finding was around the rules to change the foreseen future into something that she could enjoy living in; the Keepers hated her for something she never did. For things that happened centuries before, something that she should never have been blamed for, things that she was ashamed of even though she had no reason to be. Kayoko opened her mouth to speak, but instead, she began to sing.
Kayoko-
Here to catch you when you fall,
Here to comfort you when you cry,
Here to push you to exceed your limits,
And succeed in life.
Her arrow can't hit you, because you're free,
But only if you'll look inside your tree
I'll be here,
Never fear,
I'm not goin anywhere else,
I'm not helpin anyone else.
I'll stay near,
I'll be here,
Forever,
In your endeavors…
With you. (End Song)
There was a silence between the two as Kayoko's eyes shined the reflection of the full moon in them. Her eyes began watering slightly as she collapsed in to Inuyasha's arms and sighed heavily. Inuyasha made a surprised “Huh?” as Kayoko wrapped her arms around him tighter in her embrace. Inuyasha finally returned Kayoko's hug and wrapped her even tighter in his own arms. He breathed in her scent and smelled her hair, it was so inviting, opening up and making him relive old memories once forgotten.
Kayoko-Do you promise Inuyasha?
Inuyasha-Promise what?
Kayoko-Do you promise?
Inuyasha-I must know what I `m promising.
Kayoko-I cannot tell you…but if you trust me, I won't need to.
Inuyasha pulled out of the embrace and cupped his hands around Kayoko's face as her dazzling green eyes watered again and spoke with a caressed and sincere tone.
Inuyasha-I promise.