InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Space Between Your Heart And Mine ❯ Yet another battle ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Kagome!” Inuyasha grunted as he sent his Wind Scar flying in the youkai's direction. “Ka-Go-Me! Are you listening to me? Run!” The girl nodded in compliance and turned to flee, only to be lifted up and slammed into the ground by the youkai's attack. Inuyasha was oblivious to the young miko sprawled out in the grass behind him franticly trying to breathe. The attack had knocked the wind out of her.
“Inu…” Kagome paused sucking in air, “…Yasha”. She allowed herself to relax in to the ground in hope of regaining some energy. Inuyasha whirled around at the sound of his name.
“Kagome No!” he cried at the girl's motionless form. Forgetting momentarily about the youkai, he ran and dropped to his knees, hovering over a bruised and weak Kagome. “Hold on Kagome, you'll be ok.” He lifted her up in his arms and ran behind a thick patch of trees seeking out temporary safety. Inuyasha laid Kagome down in the grass and kneeled over her, brushing the raven locks away from her face. Her eyes opened weakly and stared into the golden eyes above her, filled with concern.
“I'll be ok, I'm just a little battered up.” With that Inuyasha stood up only to be pulled back down to the ground by Kagome.
“What? Don't be stupid! Let go of me!” he said a little surprised at being pulled back down.
“Where do you think you're going?” She asked pushing herself up on her elbows.
“To get that Jewel shard, or have you forgotten about those already?”
“I'm going with you” she said stubbornly.
“Oh no you don't! You can barley sit up. Now let go of me.” Suddenly the youkai bust through their shelter of trees and blasted an attack straight towards Inuyasha and Kagome. Inuyasha howled in pain as he was hit and knocked unconscious, falling onto Kagome forcing her to collapse. Both lay motionless on the ground. The demon let out an evil laugh.
“Finally I have gained this pathetic girl's portion of the shikon jewel!” He moved over to where the hanyou and simple human lay. Placing a hand on the girls shoulder and began to roll the girl over. Her hand rose up and landed right on top of his own. A Magnificent purple light shot up from the spot where the girl's hand made contact with his. Kagome's body began to glow slightly. Unknowingly, she gasped as she purified the youkai and the jewel shard within him.
When Kagome came too she was surprised to find Inuyasha sprawled across her and a good sized jewel shard lying in her outstretched hand. She lay there for a moment enjoying her proximity to Inuyasha. When he did not come too relatively soon she became worried and wriggled out from underneath him. Rolling him over her heart sunk as she remembered him crying out in pain. It had been her fault, at least that's what she believes. She rested her head on his chest and whispered
“I'm sorry, please wake up.” She stayed frozen just like that breathing in rhythm with the unconscious hanyou, for a good amount of time wishing with all her might that her would suddenly wake up and she wouldn't have to be so worried. Reluctantly she sat up ripped a piece of cloth from the bottom of her shirt and used it to clean the dried crimson blood off of the boy. She walked a few feet into the woods and found the small creek she was looking for. She wet her cloth and returned to Inuyasha's side. Kagome sat down and pulled him up so that he was resting on her lap. Taking the wet cloth in hand, she tended to his wounds.
Kagome now sat silently running her fingers through his hair. Suddenly his eyes jerked open to the sight of Kagome sitting above him apparently staring off into the distance deep in thought.