InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Student and the Teacher ❯ Kagome's Missing ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters. I just own this story plot and the characters I make up.*
 
The Student and the Teacher
Chapter 12- Kagome's Missing
 
Kagome's mom paced around the living room. She had been up for hours waiting for Kagome to show up, but she never did. She never came home from school and now, looking out the window, it was sun up on Saturday morning. She had called all of Kagome's friends and they had all said that they hadn't seen or heard from her since school got out. She continued to pace nervously with different scenarios of what might have happened to her running through her head. There had been a lot of rapes occurring; maybe Kagome had been a victim. No! She couldn't think this way. She would go insane if she did. There was one person she had left to call and maybe Kagome is just over there and forgot to call. She hoped that was just the case. If not she'd have to call the police and report her missing. Mrs. H picked up the phone again and dialed the number.
“Hello?” A cold, slightly annoyed voice answered.
“Oh! Sesshomaru! Is Kagome there?” She asked with hope.
“No.” There was silence on the other end and then a strangled sob reached his ear. “What's wrong?” He asked her out of curiosity.
“Kagome never came home from school yesterday.” Mrs. H sobbed out. Sesshomaru nodded on his end.
“Don't worry. I'll help find her and I know Inuyasha will too when he is able.”
“Thank you.” They both said goodbye and hung up. Mrs. H returned to pacing and worrying. Sesshomaru walked out of his study and summoned the butler to him.
“Yes, sir.” A tall man in a black suit said while bowing low before Sesshomaru before standing up straight again.
“I want the guards to search the city for Miss. Kagome Higurashi. She seems to have gone missing. It would be best if we found her before Inuyasha wakes. I have a feeling he has taken a liking to that girl and when he wakes up he might go on a rampage looking for her.”
“Very good sir.' The butler bowed again and quickly left to inform the guards.
Sesshomaru continued walking to Inuyasha's room. He walked inside the dark room and over to the bed. He of course knew that Inuyasha was asleep and wouldn't be able to wake up, but he wanted to simply test a theory.
“Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru called calmly. “Inuyasha, Kagome is missing.” Sesshomaru tried.
Inuyasha's hand twitched. He began to fight the sleep and claw his way to consciousness. All he managed to do is gain control of his face. His eyes snapped open glowing red in the darkness. He looked over at Sesshomaru who had a look of surprise on his face, but that was quickly hidden beneath the stoic mask he wore.
“What?!” Inuyasha managed to speak.
“Mrs. Higurashi called earlier to ask if Kagome was here. After I told her she was not she informed me that Kagome never came home from school yesterday.”
Inuyasha growled and tried to get up, but his body didn't respond.
“Damn it! I can't move!”
“Inuyasha. I have all the guards out looking for her. Even if you could move, you wouldn't do much good considering the fact that you can't go out in the sunlight.” Sesshomaru calmly stated and left the room.
Inuyasha glared at the ceiling and then relaxed and tried to go back to sleep so that when the sun set he could get up immediately and look for Kagome.
The day passed incredibly slowly. Two hours later the curtains to his window on the far side of his room swished open and then closed, like a breeze passed through his room.
Inuyasha's eyes snapped open once again and he looked around his room with his eyes. Something was in his room, he could smell and hear the blood pumping through its veins. His eyes darted around the room. He didn't see anything.
“Come out! I know you're there!”
A blur darted across the room and a large weight was added to his bed. He wished he could turn his head.
“Wow. You're awake. Surprising.” The voice unemotionally and sarcastically stated.
“Who the hell are you?” A man's face popped into his line of vision.
“Well, hello there!” he cheerfully said while patting Inuyasha's face. Inuyasha clenched his teeth and growled. The man just laughed and jumped on Inuyasha's legs.
“So, I here you lost something.”
“Who the hell are you and what the hell are you talking about?!” Inuyasha growled. The man smirked and leaned over him. The man had long black hair and blue eyes. His hair was kept in a high ponytail.
“You seem to have short term memory loss. Or do you make it a habit to not listen to your brother. Or, could it be that you just don't care?”
“I have no clue what you're talking about!”
“Are you looking for something, or should I say someone?” Inuyasha's eyes widened and he growled. “Oh! So you know what I'm talking about do you? She's real pretty, I must say. I had a great time with her last night. She's with my master now.” He put his pinky in his ear and closed one eye. “She's probably dead now. It's a shame.” He removed his finger from his ear with a sigh and inspected his pinky uninterestedly. Inuyasha's growl increased in volume.
“You are just lucky I can't move or else I would kill you!” He told the man in menacingly deep voice that would send shivers down anyone's spine, but the dark haired man seemed unaffected.
“Heh, yeah like that could happen.”
“WHERE IS KAGOME?!!” Inuyasha bellowed, eyes glowing red with rage and fangs bared. The man smirked. He heard footsteps coming quickly coming down the hallway.
“Love to stay and chat some more, but I gotta go. Catch you later.” The man mock saluted and took off through the window again.
Inuyasha's door slammed open as the curtain fluttered back into place.
“What's going on Inuyasha?” Sesshomaru quickly and seriously asked. He noted the stated his brother was in and decided to ponder on this later.
“Sesshomaru! He's getting away! He knows where Kagome is!” Sesshomaru's eyes glanced at the window where the curtain had fluttered closed. In the blink of and eye Sesshomaru was by the window. His movements had been nothing but a whit blur across the room. He moved the curtain just enough to catch the back of the man jumping over the wall. The man was wearing tan long pants and a tan trench coat.
“Calm yourself Inuyasha. He got away.” Sesshomaru calmly told him and walked to the door. “I have his description and I will give it to the guards so that can look out for him when searching for Miss. Kagome.” He turned and left the room. Inuyasha growled in annoyance and then sighed. He tried to rest again and await sunset.
8888888888888888888888To Kagome8888888888888888888888
The man in the shadows grinned from ear to ear. He slowly approached Kagome and his teeth gleamed in the little light that filled the room. He picked her up and moved her to the bed. He placed her gently on the bed and her hair fanned out around her head on the pillow. The man pulled back and stared at her beauty. A candle on the table near the bed burned and cast an orange glow over Kagome and the strange man.
She felt weightless. She was floating on a cloud. It was soft and warm. She began to stir and gravity began to do its job and began to bring her down. She slowly cracked open and eye. The room was dim. She groaned. Her head was filled with a haze and pounded unmercifully. She groaned again and opened her eyes fully. She heard footsteps shuffling towards the bed from the window. It was dark outside she noticed through the pulled back curtains.
`Where am I? What happened? Who is that?'
Her vision was blurry and unfocused and little by little it began to correct itself and focus again. She saw a man come toward her from the darkness of the room. He leaned over her.
“You're awake. Good.” His deep voice stated. He was a rather pale looking man. He had medium length blond hair that was about 3 inches past his shoulders. His features were well defined and proportioned. He had brilliantly green eyes that seemed to glow in the candlelight. He was quite handsome. The way he was looking at her disturbed her though. She suddenly felt like prey. She sunk further into the queen sized bed she was laying in. He simply smirked at her actions.
“W-What….Where…..am I?” Who are you?” She slowly rasped out in confusion. Her throat felt like she drank a cup of sand. His eyes gleamed as he drew closer to her.
8888888888888888888888888888888888888888
A/N:
Ah! Cliffy!! So sorry! I love writing cliffies!! Well, what do you think? I personally feel good about this chapter. I know it took me a while to get this out, but I have been quite busy this summer. I had a couple of weeks where I could have been writing, but I was lazy and didn't feel like it. Sorry! Well, I know school starts in like 3 or 4 weeks and I will be out of town for about 2 weeks starting July 22. School starts on Aug. 8. Bummer I know. Oh well. I will bring my notebook with me and write in the car, since it will take me a day to get to Tennessee. I also will be working on My Girl since I have a great new plot in mind and can't wait to write and get out to all you fans. Well, I am going to start work on that now. Hope you enjoyed! Review please!!!

I would also like to thank all my reviewers!! I keep wanting to do this, but I'm always in a hurry to get it posted I forget. Sorry to y'all.
Thanks to:
Katina, merrilinda, Sakura Blossom-Cilla-85, Chinka, Lucinda, Fala, Graceful Writer, Inuyasha4ever1, mouko-star, and Young wiccan
For reviewing my last chapter! Thanks a bunch!! *hugs reviewers*
 
To Young Wiccan: No, I haven't put Koga in this story until the last chapter. I Hope that clears up your confusion. Lol!