InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The True Warrior ❯ The War of the Century ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The True Warrior-Prologue-The War of The Century
 
The year, 1941. A time of revolutionary changes for Japan. A time where women were beginning to get the respect they demanded. A time when children were getting the educations they needed and all was at peace. No one had any issues until Pearl Harbor came along. Pearl Harbor, the American's army base set up in Hawaii. The Japanese government had figured that Hawaii was in their part of the Pacific Ocean and therefore belonged to them, not the Americans.
 
The plan was perfect. If the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, they could get rid of the Americans there, challenge them to war, and if they won, they had the land they craved so badly.
 
Some men agreed with it, and felt that Hawaii was Japan's. Others felt it was stupid to challenge the Americans. Whatever the case, a war had sprung between America and Japan. A war some wanted and some didn't. A war for a cause some believed in and some didn't. Believing, agreeing, and wanting had nothing to do with fighting in it, however. If you were an able-bodied male, you were going to fight in it and possibly die for that certain cause you may have or may not have believed in.
 
However, the Japan's plan did not go so well. The Americans fought back, and hard. The Japanese soon realized they would lose this war unless drafting was to take place. After two more weeks of fighting and losing to the American's, the Japanese government found it necessary to bring more men to the battlefields. Ages eleven to sixty-five were reasonable. Yes, that's how it would go then. The drafting would take place soon and Japan would most definitely win Hawaii from the Americans.