InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Behind Their Eyes ❯ Wishful Dreaming ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"InuYasha! InuYasha, where are you?!" InuYasha woke up to hear Kagome's voice calling out to him. He almost turned over and ignored her, but then she called again and he could hear the fear and anxiety in her voice. He sat up and looked around. It was dark and quiet, besides Kagome's calls.

         "Why the hell did she come back at night?" He stood up and sprinted towards her voice. He found her in a deserted meadow, sitting in the middle, looking like a scared rabbit. She spotted him, then smiled and ran towards him.

         "She's beautiful..." He found himself thinking, her short skirt and long, silky black hair fluttering in the wind. Suddenly, she was in his arms, hugging him tightly.

         "Oh, InuYasha! I was so scared!" She breathed into his chest. He could feel her tears start to soak his kimono, and he held her tighter.

         "Hey, it's okay." he lifted her chin. "I'm here now..." Kagome smiled and buried her face in his chest. InuYasha smirked, then frowned. "Kagome, why did you come back here during the night? You know how dangerous it is..." Kagome looked up and stroked his face. InuYasha gasped and grabbed her hand. Kagome looked up at him, then swiftly leaned up, kissing him softly on the lips.

         InuYasha froze. Kagome continued to kiss him, and InuYasha finally relaxed. He softly kissed her back, his eyes slowly closing. Kagome pulled away several seconds later, but InuYasha kept his eyes closed, reveling in the feeling.

         "InuYasha," Kagome whispered. "I love you..."

         InuYasha's eyes snapped open, only to see a dying fire and a snoring Shippo on his chest. He growled and sat up, sending Shippo rolling to the ground. "I'll get her back..." He promised himself as he flexed his claws.

*~*~*

       & nbsp; "It's been a week, and she isn't back! InuYasha, what did you do to her?!" Shippo cried, jumping on InuYasha's head and pounding on him. InuYasha growled and threw him to the ground.

         "Shippo's right, InuYasha." Songo demanded. "Tell us what really happened!"

         InuYasha growled at her, then sighed. "I sorta got jealous when she brought her 'boyfriend' through the well. He didn't belong here!!" He snarled, then sighed. "I must of scared her..."

         "What did you do?" Miroku asked.

         "Nothing!" snarled InuYasha. "But I'm going to go get her back! Right now. I'm even starting to miss being 'sat'..." He mumbled as he stalked off towards the well.

*~*~*

       & nbsp; "Hey, it was fun tonight, kale. Call me tomorrow!" Kagome gave Kale a quick peck on his cheek, then left him standing on the steps of the shrine. She headed towards her house, ready for a good night sleep.

*~*~*

       & nbsp; InuYasha stiffened, her scent filling his senses. He had been sitting patiently in the middle of her bed for the last hour, waiting. "Now," he thought, "I'll reclaim my Kagome..."

         Kagome walked into her room and flipped on the light. She yawned and stretched, then jumped as she caught sight of him.

         "Uh, Hi InuYasha." She said. "What are you doing here?"

         Instead of answering, he stood up and came over to her. He looked down at her, his face showing only calm coldness. Kagome backed up a few steps, putting her arm in front of her face.

         "InuYasha, you're frightening me..." InuYasha suddenly sprang forward, catching her in his arms. He sniffed her face and hair, then sneered in disgust.

         "His scent is all over you." He growled. "I thought you were better than that, Kagome."

         Kagome gasped. "Hey, he is my boyfriend! Besides, we didn't do anything, even though I don't have to justify myself to you!"

         InuYasha huffed, then crossed his arms. "I'm taking you back, Kagome. Right now."

         Kagome stared up at him, stunned silent. Then the shock wore off, and she glared at him.

         "How dare you!" She cried. "You don't own me, you know!! I'm with kale, not..." She stopped and sighed, looking down. "InuYasha, you have Kikio ... Why can't I have someone to love?"

         InuYasha froze, her words feeling like swords through his chest. He looked at her, his eyes filled with mixed emotions. He drew a breath, then spoke slowly, his gaze falling.

         "Kagome, I no longer love Kikio. I only want to avenge her death, to set things right." He sighed, then looked at her, determination in his face. "And... and you're mine, Kagome!!"

         Kagome gasped, shocked into speechlessness again.

         "Let's go." He said softly. He started towards her, but Kagome moved away from him. InuYasha's arm shot out to grab her, but she pulled away.

         "I'm not going, InuYasha! I'm staying here, in my own time!!" Kagome cried.

         "The hell you are, Kagome! Now stop it and let's go!" He went towards her again, but she pushed him away.

         "No! InuYasha, stop!" He heard the desperation in her voice and saw the pain in her eyes.

         "Kagome, what's..." Kagome shook her head.

         "Never mind." She turned away, then sighed. "Alright, I'll go. But after we find the remaining jewel shards, I'm putting you and your time where it belongs... in my past!" She yelled at him as she ran out the door, leaving InuYasha stunned.

         "Does she hate me that much...?" He questioned himself.