InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Behind Their Eyes ❯ Outside Influence ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

         "There they are!!" Shippo cried happily, jumping up and down. "InuYasha has Kagome!"

         InuYasha landed in front of Miroku, who had made his way back after they had found Koga and Kagome. Kagome climbed off of InuYasha with Miroku's help, then InuYasha turned to her.

         "Kagome, he didn't... do anything... did he??" Kagome shook her head and relief flooded InuYasha. "Alright." He said softly. "Why don't you get some rest?"

         Kagome nodded and made her way to her bed beside Songo. She laid down and Shippo curled up next to her.

         "'m glad your safe." He whispered, falling asleep in her arms.

         "Yeah, me to..." She said, turning to see InuYasha crouching a few feet away, watching her intently. She thought she saw a hint of love gleaming in his eyes, but she dismissed it as she rolled over and drifted to sleep.

*~*~*

       & nbsp; The next morning they started out early to a village that was rumored to have a few jewel shards in its possession. Kagome walked at the back of the group, despite InuYasha's protests. "I need to think." She had told him, and he had finally, reluctantly, submitted to her request.

         She now ambled behind her friends, who snuck concerned looks at her every now and then. She sighed, gazing around at her surroundings. It was a beautiful day, although she felt turmoil inside her soul.

"Oh, InuYasha," she sighed to herself. "If only I could tell what you felt for me..." She let her gaze settle on him. His silver hair was flying in the wind as he walked along in front of the group, his head held high as he kept alert for danger. She sighed again and looked away, willing herself to forget.

        
Songo could see the heartache that Kagome was going through,and went to her.

         "Hey." She said, coming up beside her. "Can I join you?" Kagome nodded, not even looking up from the path. Songo fell in step beside her, looking out into the distance. After a short pause, she looked over at Kagome. The pain and confusion showed on her face, and Songo smiled grimly. "He really does love you." She said softly.

         Kagome startled. "What?? Who?!"

         Songo chuckled. "He just can't show it. He... he doesn't know how. He's mixed up inside as bad as you are, but his worst fear is loosing you." Songo paused.

         Kagome looked up at her. "Songo, how do you know-"

         Songo laughed softly. "You should see him when you leave him! He sulks, jumps at every noise... He stayed up half of last night, just watching you sleep. Anyone would be have to be blind to think you two didn't love each other."

         Kagome smiled a little, letting all that Songo had just said sink in. "Songo, I wish..." She sighed and looked at her hands. "Thanks, Songo."