InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Weaver of Fate ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3:

Kagome groaned in protest at the way the guards were treating her. They had unhooked the chain around her neck but still held her arms behind her back, chained together so she could not free them. She growled at the demons behind her, they in turn yanked on the chain causing her to stumble.

“Miroku is your lord not home?” a familiar oily voice asked. Kagome spared a glance up and found herself staring into the eyes of a dark haired, violet eyed human slave with the silver collar of a slave around his neck. The collar was thinner and less harmful than her copper one, yet he wore it as it was something else. Naraku unchained her hands and slipped the manacles ff her thin abused wrists yet you couldn’t see the marks from the dirt that covered them. She rubbed her wrists and watched them move with a cat’s calculating eye.

“I am sorry Lord Naraku but he requested you to hand the slave over to me and leave him and I quote ‘the hell alone’. So please take these forms and leave the girl to me.” Miroku said without a smile even though Kagome could tell he wanted to. ‘what is with this man and why does he not act like a slave?’ she thought to herself as her ‘leash’ was handed to Miroku. The Naraku person took the papers Miroku handed to him and left without a word.

After a while the wheels of the cart on gravel was no longer heard and Miroku spoke again, humor in his voice, “Well, since he’s gone lets get you it the castle and cleaned up.” he looked closer at her, “And fed. Poor thing. Come on, I’m not going to hurt you.” he motioned for her to follow him. She then realized he had no hold on her chain, in fact she no longer had one.

For the first time in years she spoke with a raspy unused voice, “W-w-why d-d-did y-y-you le-t-t g-g-o of t-the c-c-chain and w-wh-hered it g-go?”

“ahh so you can speak. InuYasha was worried they beat you so bad that you would never talk again.” Miroku said as he smiled. “I took it off because I trust you not to run away. Then again Sango did before she realized that this castle was better than the outside world.” at that girl’s name Miroku’s eyes frosted over.

Taking a deep breath she spoke, “Who-s S-s-ango?”

“Oh she’s another servant to InuYasha.” he started walking, turning every now and the to make sure she was following. “Sango’s going to take you to the hot springs and get you some clothing. Mean while I’ll get the cook to cook you something hearty to eat.”

She nodded and followed him to a circle of small huts within a small enclosed wall. Above in the air was faint blue shimmering weaves of light almost like something she recalled from her young childhood. She was about to ask him when he spoke, “This is the servant’s village. All of us live here except one or two who are request by our lord.” he lead her to a small hut. “This is Kaede’s hut. She’s a miko healer. Her and Sango live here and so will you for the time being.

“Oh Sango!” he called out in a singsong voice. Within the hut a rustle was heard.

“What do you want Hentai!?” a female voice yelled back as she came out of the hut. “I know InuYasha asked you to serve him this week.” the woman was tall, fair and had long black hair, longer than Kagome’s own, and her brown eyes held warmth and wisdom beyond her years as Miroku’s did. She walked with the grace of a warrior but Kagome didn’t know that was what she walked like. At the moment her beautiful face was contorted into a frown and she had her graceful hands on her hips glaring at Miroku.

“But my lovely Sango did you forget the new member of our family?” Miroku said as he pointed to Kagome. Sango jumped and looked at her. Smiling she rushed over and Kagome stepped back involuntarily.

“Oh I won’t hurt you. Though if you aren’t careful this pervert will grope you.” Sango said as she nodded towards the smiling man and pulled a silver key from her sash. She used it to remove the collar from Kagome’s neck, Kagome jumped in surprise when the familiar weight lifted and her neck was free. When the collar fell away, an exclaimed gasp from Sango and Miroku caused her to look at them oddly. Kagome brought her hands up to her freed neck and touched the flesh there, flesh she hadn‘t touched in years, it hurt. “What happened to your neck? It’s covered in bruises. And those cuts are beginning to fester.”

“I told you she was a fighter. She‘s the one who fought like a cornered wild cat with cubs.” Miroku said coming to stand next to Sango. Kagome watched curious as Miroku’s hand grabbed Sango’s butt ‘is that how they greet each other?’ she thought to herself. Sango turned red and slapped Miroku across the face. Kagome gasped and immediately hit the ground curling into a little ball. “What’s wrong?” Miroku asked as he bent down near her.

“She was abused for attacking guards Miroku, normally the guards would take the anger out on her even if she didn‘t do anything. I had Myoga bring me her file and a file she‘s got. Remember that little show she gave us? That was a mild one” a new voice said. Kagome still cowered on the ground shaking. She felt a warm hand on her shoulder and shook harder. “Hey get up we’re not going to bet you. Miroku always does that, and Sango always hits him. I don’t care what you guys do as long as you serve me faithfully. I really can’t stand human slavery.” Kagome uncurled and looked up at the man above her. She remembered his silver hair and amber eyes, he was the man at the Farm, the one Miroku called lord. He reached a hand down and unsure what to do grabbed it, flinching when he gripped it. Then she noticed his ears.

“D-d-dog d-d-demo-n?” she asked in her halting voice. He lifted her up with on arm and set her on her feet then stepped back. He cocked his head.

“Yeah. Somewhat. So you can speak and not snarl.” he said smirking then it turned into a frown. “What the hell did they do to you? Dammit they better not have beat you after I told them not to.” he reached a hand out and was about to touch her then dropped it and turned to Sango, “Sango take her to the hot springs and help her get cleaned up. She doesn’t look to good. And get the old hag to look at her. I think I sense something but I can’t really tell.” he turned and stalked away with a predators grace.

“Yes sir!” Sango chirped as she led Kagome away from the village and down a well worn path. Kagome looked with wonder at the steaming hot springs that were surrounded by trees and had a wooden screen folded along the side for private use. “Master InuYasha or as he wants us to call him when not around other nobles, InuYasha, he’s very secluded and allows only one of us around him at all times or like now he sometimes comes into the village and talks to us. Most of the time he’s out in the forest alone. Nobody dares to follow him and we all know he’s upset over something but he won’t reveal what it is to us. Then again he brings home a new servant every month or so.”

“R-r-e-ally?” Kagome said as Sango started to strip down to her thin white shift. She tossed her clothes next to a bench where a set of light brown robes lay next to towels.

“Go on take your clothes off. I’m female too. Miroku wouldn’t dare follow me or you, he knows I would beat his head in.” Sango said joyfully. Kagome stared at her wide eyed and mouth hanging open. “No I won’t do it literally.” she said while laughing.

Kagome nodded her words run dry and took her clothes off. Sango gasped and she looked down. Sure enough only parts of her body were not black and blue, her face and hands.

“InuYasha’s going to kill somebody.” Sango whispered as she looked over Kagome. Shaking her head she walked over in her shift and picked up a bright orange stick. She snapped it in half and cloud of dust formed. A few minutes later Kagome heard the sound of footsteps behind her. She whirled and watched as and old lady walked into the clearing carrying a back of something. Around this old lady with an eye-patch Kagome saw the same odd patterns about her, except these shined red.

“So this is the girl? My what a mess of her.” the old lady said as she walked around Kagome. “Sango help her bath and after I shall put on the healing salves.” Sango nodded and led Kagome into the water. She jumped back startled at the warmth.

“It’s okay it won’t hurt you. It feels good though on sore muscles.” Sango said and Kagome stepped further until she was submerged up to the breast. “Okay I have to wash you now.” she held up a bowl of some cream and lightly spread it over Kagome’s body. She winced a few times but never cried out in pain. “Dunk yourself.” Kagome went beneath the water and came back up rinsed. “Okay now for the hair.” Sango tried to untangle it but failed. “sorry but I have to cut it.” she produced a pair of something from nowhere and cut off long locks of black hair. Soon Kagome had hair that came only to her shoulders. “Don’t worry it’ll grow back.” Sango said then washed the hair with a sweet smelling cream. She was ordered to go under again and did so. After a while she was allowed to come out and the old lady rubbed sting cream on her wounds then instructed her to put on the robe.

“You have to be accepted into the village tonight and then we will give you a dress or tunic and leathers of your choice with a symbol you chose.” Kaede, as Kagome found out was her name said as she handed a jar to Kagome. “Place this on your neck every time it starts to burn.”

Kagome nodded and followed a brown robbed Sango out of the clearing. Suddenly what looked like a net of shining air loomed in front of them. Sango passed through but she stopped, not wanting to go through the strange substance.

“What’s wrong?” Sango asked when she noticed Kagome had stopped.

“N-n-net” she said pointing.

“the child has the ability?” Kaede said as she came up behind her.

“Ability?” Sango asked confused.

“It seems Kagome might be a Wind Weaver or something else. I belive she saw the protective barrier, but she must have also saw the fire barrier around me too.”

“You see it too?” somebody asked as they stepped out of the shadows, Kagome looked at her but no one else noticed. “you seem confused, no they can’t see me and no you aren’t crazy.” she said when Kagome noticed something, they looked alike, a lot alike. “Yes we are alike, we were twins.”