InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Weaver of Fate ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4:

Kagome stared at the figure and watched as she slowly faded. “I was killed in the destruction of the shrine.” she said as she finally faded.

“I am a minor Weaver. I can form protective nets as you called them around people and towns. If you can see them that means you must have the gift. Come child we have much to do still.” Kaede said. Kagome nodded and followed the two older women.

At the old woman’s hut Kagome sat close to the fire clad in her new dress. It was a light brown color with a white top and apron. she watched the fire burn amazed at its vigor and hunger as it consumed the logs the old woman added to it. Kaede waved her hand over the fire and it turned a blue color. Kagome jumped back startled and hissed.

“Easy I only put a protective barrier on it. Fire can cause as much pain as the collar you wore.” Kaede said as she looked at Kagome.

Kagome nodded and her hands went to the cuts on her neck. They pained her a lot and the salve did help a little. “H-h-ur-t.” she stuttered as she struggled to speak.

“I know only to well what you feel.” Kaede said as she lowered the neck line of her dress. A long thick scar stretched around her neck and slightly down her chest. “I was cut by a whip made for demons and the collar was caught on it.” she pulled the clothes up. “Sango was nearly dead when InuYasha took her in and Miroku was sentenced to hang for the murder of a rival demon lord to InuYasha’s brother. His brother instructed InuYasha to buy the slave and bring him here to spite the lord’s heir, Naraku.”

Sango choose that moment to enter the hut looking quite angry and red in the face. She growled as she headed towards the room her and Kagome now shared until they chose to marry. She stormed back out carrying a lethal weapon and stomped out the door.

“That is her Hiraikotsu, a giant boomerang made from the bones of demons she had slain before she was captured by a slave train. She killed all of the demons before an ox demon slammed into her with it horns. She was knocked into a tree with enough force for the tree to snap. She got up and swung her weapon and killed it as she collapsed in the dirt from several broken bones. She was lucky InuYasha a brought her here before she died.” Kaede paused to add more wood to the blue flamed fire. “She uses it now to teach lessons to perverted monks.” outside a loud whack was heard as well as a scream, “Hentai!”

Sango marched back in a smile on her face as she placed her weapon back in the room. She came out and sat next to Kagome. “Hi!” she said brightly. Kagome looked at her skeptically. “Miroku groped me again. I was forced to punish him.” she said simply as the air around her seemed to grow slightly dark. “Anyway how are you?” she asked the air clearing.

“O-o-ka-ee.” Kagome struggled to say. Sango nodded and whistled.

A small meow was heard and a kitten or at least what she thought was a kitten wandered into the hut. The cat’s eyes were red and it had two tails. Kagome immediately got up and backed away as it came over to Sango. It meowed at her then crawled into Sango’s lap and promptly fell asleep. “It’s okay Kagome, it’s only Kirara, my fire neko. She won’t hurt you unless I tell her to. She’s a demon cat though and maybe that’s why you’re scared.” Sango petted the cat.

Kagome nodded and crept closer to Sango and reached out to touch the cat. It opened one eye and started to make a low rumbling sound. Kagome was caused to remember a cat she had when she was little before the rebellion.

***Flashback***

“Momma!” a five year old Kagome as she ran into the kitchen chasing after her fat cat, Buyo. She caught him and she petted him and he started to purr contently. She sat down on the wooden floor and played with the lazy cat. Suddenly Buyo jumped up and hissed, his fur standing on end and his tail puffed out. Kagome got up afraid and ran to find her mom. She found a monster lurking in the hall way, a bloody claw hovering over her father’s body. She screamed and fled. Inside she heard her mother shout for her and somebody else. She ran on being chased by the monster. He chased her to a shrine but he was blocked by the barrier her grandfather constructed before he passed away. The monster charged at it and was killed as it came into contact with the bright barrier. It screamed as it died, it’s body shriveling up into black dust. Beyond the house burst into flames and smoke curled above the moonless night. Kagome sobbed as a small meow caught her attention. Sitting next to her was Buyo, trembling with fear. She picked him up and cradled him against her.

***End of Flashback***

She shuddered as she picked the cat up and held it to her chest, loving the feel of the rumble the cat made. “Cat.” she said without stuttering. “I had one.” she weakly but clearly said. “Buyo.”

“You talked!” Sango exclaimed causing Kirara to look at her in dismay. She licked a paw and fell back asleep.

“A little.” Kagome said as she handed the cat back to Sango. Sango took her and set her back in her lap.

“It will only be a little while before she fully regains her speech after such harsh treatment. She will also be a little skittish to so be careful how you are around her.” Kaede cautioned Sango.

“Don’t worry I will.” Sango said as Miroku burst into the hut with a large lump on his head. He was panting as he kneeled forward clutching his chest.

“InuYasha wants us. Including her.” he said pointing at Kagome.