InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Weight On His Shoulder ❯ Author responses ( EndNotes )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
I would like to thank everyone for waiting so long for me to do this, but I wanted to wait as long as possible before I posted this. I wanted to give everyone enough time to review while still keeping the story fresh in people's minds. Now then, for those who like this story I have great news. I have decided to write a sequel. The only bad news is that I do not know when the sequel will be written. I am currently working on another story called White Rose (currently posted on mm.org), which has, if I do say so myself, some potential to become a great story. It is my very own version of Beauty and the Beast, but it is not one that has ever appeared on mm.org. This story is a Romance, AU, and the couple is Kagome and Inuyasha. I do plan on finishing this story, but it will take awhile for each update because I want to make sure that everything is perfect. I don't see the purpose of just throwing something online for the fun of it on this site. I take pride in my work and therefore I try to only put the best out there. I do promise to update at least once month unless something dire happens, which could. My family and I are known for having bad luck. If you read and try to fallow White Rose, then you should have a ruff time estimate as to when I will begin my sequel to The Weight On His Shoulder. If you have any questions at all, please contact me or review me. I will update this page for each new review…or at least I will try to. I had some bad luck trying to up date and the site deleted my visits count. I had 227 visits when that happened, and yes, I do morn this loss. Now then, on to the author responses. I am going to go from the least recent to most.
 
To swasdiva
 
Comment/Review:
Great use of the title as the ending line. It really unites the many emotional strings, tying them together in something firm and solid, something hopeful and happy. I really liked this piece. Glad you posted it!
 
 
I am glad that you liked my ending line. I knew form the beginning that that was how I was going to end it. It was just a little hard getting to that line. I am also glad that you caught the double meaning of that line, though I do have a slight confession to make. I did not come up with the title to this story completely on my own. I could not come up with a name for my picture, which was the inspiration for the story, so I asked people to come up with one for me. Fanilia, in response to me freaking out that the picture would be taken off, not only calmed my newbie nerves but also came up with the splendid name. Fanilia gave me some great advise and told me that the title would be both figurative and literal. It would literally mean, there was a heavy sword on his shoulder while at the same time it also would refer to the responsibility it entitled to wield it. my meaning is similar to Fanilia's. Mine is referring to the weight of Inuyasha's desition and what it means. It was plaguing him all day and only ended once Kagome removed the uncertainty he had as to if they could be together or not. I am glad that you liked my story so much and I hope that you read my other ones in the future!!!
 
 
To Katoni
 
Comment/Review:
Wow. That was a great fanfic. I hope you come out with a sequel. I would really enjoy reading more. Great plot and it was so romantic. Two thumbs way, way up.
 
Ha ha. I am glad that you like this story so much. I will come out with a sequel, however, I am unsure as to when. I am sorry if that is not helpful, but read White Rose and the you will have a general idea as to when you can expect it. I am glad that you thought it was so romantic. Ha ha. I had one of my friends begging me to make it X rated, yes it was liquid ice, and she came up with innuendos around every corner. I had a lot of fun with writing the kiss, and I did think that the part where Kagome kissed Inuyasha palm was sweet and fluffy.
 
To Animelover4ever
 
Comment/Review:
As I told you previously... I LOVE IT!!! haha I hope I soon read your other story... can't wait to see it posted!!!
 
I am glad you liked it so much. If it weren't for you though, I probably still wouldn't even know what a fanfiction is, so I give you my eternal thanks. I hope that I did make everything clear in the story, because I know that when it was still partly in my brain, there were a few things that became revealed before you knew what the purpose was. He he, everything I write has a purpose; you just have to figure out what.
 
 
To Etheral Siren
 
Comment/Review:
I really liked this. If you decide to make it into a longer story, I would love to read it. Thanks for posting it.
 
I am glad that you like my story so much. I will make it longer, I promise. just give me some time. I like to work on one fanfiction at a time. Don't worry though, I do plan on writing and posing it.
 
 
To Quantum Theory
 
Comment/Review:
Very will written. Interesting premise for the story. Hope there's a sequel.
 
I am glad that you think it is well written. You should ask my beta how many times she needed to reread it. I was very picky with how I worded sentences. I tried to make sure that there would be enough options open and available for a sequel. There will most certainly be a sequel.
 
To Rays  
 
Comment/Review:
Very nice story. Good, flowing, storyline and decent spelling (more important than most people think). You should really do a sequel in the form of a full blown story (however do try to put in some more drama than just showing inu coping with modern day live - this has been done to much already) and simply use this story as the intro. Can't wait to read sequel, hopefully you decide to go for it! greets, rays.
 
I am glad that you liked it my story from its storyline to how everything flowed. I tried very hard to make sure that I had good spelling and grammar. If my beta didn't love this story so much, I am sure that she would have killed me. I too think that spelling and grammar is important, and if a fanfictions summary consists mostly of chat speak, then there is no way I am ever going to read it. it tells me that this person doesn't really care about their story or typing and is being inconsiderate of their readers. I am ashamed of teachers who accept homework written in such a form, and truthfully, I never knew that they did until this summer. I could go on about how disgraceful that is, but I will not. I feel as if we both think alike as to how I would start the sequel. I was thinking about how I would start it, and I thought that that would be a great way. Most people would have forgotten either my story or me by the time I post it, so I thought that this would not only refresh people's memories, but also fill in the people that did not read this one shot. I can't tell you what the new story is about yet, but lets just say that I need to hammer out some things first and that this story will take place at least six mounths after the one shot. At least I think it will…I need to think about how everything would fit in time wise. My point is though, that Inuyasha would already be used to the modern era. Read it when it comes out, I will try not to disappoint!
 
 
To Hitsugaya630 
 
Comment/Review:
I liked it. I really liked it! Nice job!
 
I am glad that you liked it and thank you. I am happy to hear that you think I did a nice job.
 
To Abercrombielvr07
 
Comment/Review:
beautiful. amazing. perfect. overwhelming. creative. addicting. cute. heartwarming. cuddlywuddly. did I leave anything out? oh yeah. genious. andddd... make the sequel. if you write it, it will rock. i just know it. :]
 
Ha ha. Thank you, your review made me really laugh because it reminded me of the things you see that describe movies or books. Your review was by far one of my favorites, but I must admit, all of the reviews made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. Thanks for your encouragement for the sequel, and well…we will just have to see if it will rock. Its still being held captive in my brain, but all in good time until it will be released.
 
To Jaimed1968
 
Comment/Review:
Great one shot! Just a bit of grammatical errors, but really well written with a lot of depth, emotion and suspense. I really appreciated your story and can see this easily being more than a one-shot story with a lot of questions that you brought up in this story. I hope that you continue writing. Thank you for this story.
 
I'm glad you liked my one shot, and I found some of the grammatical errors after I reposted it for the second time. I am sorry, but I am just not willing to take it off and repost it again at the risk of losing everything. Its mostly and ego thing, but also, to have that one little number that tells me how many people have read it tells me how many people thought that the summery was interesting and wanted to read it. I want for my story to be high up there when you search for a romance one shot most to least, A to T. I am glad that you mentioned the questions that I answered. Those are just some questions that I have been tossing around in my head for quite some time, and every time I thought about it, the more I wanted to take control of their situation and make it have a happy out come. I think that they deserved it. Also, this leaves the jewel open for quite a few different things in the sequel. What will I use it for? Should I bring back Inuyasha's parents? Should I make it so that Sango and Miroku live for as long as Kagome and Inuyasha will after, and if, they mate? Hmm…decisions, decisions…
 
 
 To Redi Hebi  
 
Comment/Review:
you did a very good job writing this i hope you continue it. it would be very much appreciated. thank you
 
Thank you for saying that I did a good job writing this story. You would never believe it, but I started writing it out of shear boredom waiting for a movie to start in a theater. My brother thought that I was crazy because I had a history test the next day. I got an A on that test. Don't worry, the story will be continued in due time.
 
 To KagomesTwin  
 
Comment/Review:
I LOVED every word of this wonderfully addicting fic!!!!! If you won't make a sequel and post it, would you just email it to me?????? I TOTALLY LOVED IT! it is sooooo awesome! I just wish there was more to read! I LUV THIS SOOO MUCH! please email me at: princess_peaches_may31@yahoo.com Thanks! ~KagomesTwin~
 
Ha ha. Don't worry, you won't be receiving any e-mails from me…unless you really want me to e-mail you. The story will be posted on mm.org. Just give it some time. Are great works of art need time. I am truly glad that you enjoyed this story so much. Thanks for your heart-warming review.
 
To LadyCash
 
Comment/Review:
Very nice. You handled the emotions well, very real and touching. The characterization was wonderful as well, giving them the maturity that time and battle would provide. Very enjoyable read, well done.
 
First of all…I love your name. Second of all, I am pleased that you understood my reasoning for why Kagome and Inuyasha were not constantly bickering. Time and battle changes everyone, and in this case, it helped them face their feeling without running for the hills, even though Inuyasha wanted to a few times. I am glad that you though it was an enjoyable read, and I will try to make the sequel one as well.
 
To: Violetcarson
 
Comment/Review:
Beautiful! I think a sequel is definitely in order!! There is so much you could do with him in the future, along with (hopefully) Sango and Miroku. What about Shippo though? I suppose he could stay with Sesshoumaru...(I see a ShipRin pairing in the future!!!!) I absolutely loved the way InuYasha was so embarassed by everything, it was utterly adorable! A wonderful one-shot! I really do hope you do a sequel!!!
 
 
Lol. Thank you…don't worry… I will write a sequel…I am just not sure when I will write it. I still have to work on White Rose after all. Yes…Sango and Miroku will appear in that story…though I am undecided about the Shippo aspect…which I shall call Factor S. Read my other fanfiction and you will have a fairly good idea as to when I post the Sequel. I still need to come up with a title too. Hmmmm…..
 
 
 
To: Wkb
 
Comment/Review: 
this is one of the very best stories i have ever read. the gentility with widh you write is really quite moving. you were able to expose and explore so many emotions is a one shot, that i am amazed that it didn't feel rushed. lots of waff, but no silliness. emotions are hard enough for most people to express in their own life, and you are able to do it so well in a story. you have a truely remarkable talent. thank you so much for sharing it with us.
 
 
Aww…thank you!!! I tried to make it very emotional and fluffy on purpose, and I am glad that I succeeded. My personally favorite fluffy part is the time when Kagome turns her head to kiss his palm. It was just too good of a thing to pass up, and soooooooo very fluffy. I am happy to hear that you like the story, and keep an eye out for the sequel, which is gonna be under wraps for a lonnnnnnnng time ^_^.
 
 
To: Silver Dog of the Snow

Comment/Review: Kawaii!!!!!! This is simply lovely and I loved it
immensely. Wonderful job! The love is so clear and it truely was an
awesome job! Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I tried to make it so that we could clearly see how much
they really love each other, and I am happy to hear that I was
successful! Keep an eye out for White Rose. That should give you a good
time estimate as to when I will start on the sequel.

To: unistar

Comment/Review:
wonderful story... really liked it... very sweet... good job... great
work...

Glad that you liked it!

To: deipurple
Comment/Review:
I absolutely loved reading this story. I am looking forward to reading
the sequel. I am planning on looking for your other fiction you
mentioned that you are working on now. I was wondering ... did InuYasha
talk with future Sesshy yet in this story yet? Sometimes it just seemed
like he did... or does feudal Sesshy know alot about the future or did
Inu tell him? Thank you for writing this story and posting it for me to
be able to read. Dei Dei

Keep an eye out for White Rose (the other fanfiction, which I like to think is coming along nicely and has lots of twists in). As
for your question about the Sesshy thing, I pictured that conversation going something along the lines of…(don't expect a lot of detail here…doing this on a whim…)
 
* Sometime after the battle with Naraku
 
“Half demon, you have done well.”
 
“Feh. What the hell do you want.”
 
“An alliance.”
 
“Wha???”
 
“You have proven yourself worthy of being called the second son of the Inu Taisho. I am proposing an alliance. Me what you want and it shall be yours. In turn, you must come to my aid if the time ever arises.”
 
“Keh. I don't want anything that you could ever give me.” Inuyasha replied as he walked away from his brother and their conversation.
 
“Really?” Sesshomaru questioned, “Not even a home for you and your miko?” his words stopped his half brother cold in his bloody tracks.
 
“What did you say.”
 
“Are you deft? This Sesshomaru does not like to repeat himself.”
 
“I heard you the first time! I just wanted to make sure is all.”
 
“You heard me correctly.”
 
“How do you plan on doing that? Kagome…she's not…she comes…from a different time.” He said hesitantly.
 
“That will not pose a problem for this Sesshomaru. Tell me your demands and I shall make them come true.”
 
Like I said…I did this one a whim…but after my exams and things calm down I can turn this into an actual chapter (that has more thought and emotion in it and that has been betaed) if you or anyone else wants me to. I never thought about it, but I guess that part may have confused some people. Glad you liked this story and keep an eye out for my other fanfiction so that you know when the sequel will be started.
 
To: Kawaii-KeKe-Chan

Comment/Review:
Aww. This reminds me of my first fan fic! Apart from yours is a lot
more skilled and crafted a whole lot better ^.^ I loved the fluff, it
was such a cute fic! Congrats!

I hope that it brought back GOOD memories ;-P. I am happy to hear that
you like my writing style (if only my eighth grade creative writing
teacher could see me now…) the fluffiness was a must when I wrote this,
so I am glad that it really came across in the story! Keep an eye out
for White Rose. That should give you a good time estimate as to when I
will start on the sequel.


Again, thank you to all of my reviewers. Your reviews meant a lot to me and I hope that you will continue to review me in the future. Any updates after this is posted will appear soon after the review was made, if I can update this page. If not, then look for my response in White Rose. Thank so much once again, and look for me later on in this site!
 
 
 
~lil6ter
 
(means little sister)