InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy of Each Other ❯ Sentence ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

2: Sentenced
         “Guilty!” The judge ruled as Inuyasha stood before him with a smart-alecky look on his face. He just pursed his lips to the side and arched a brow. The judge read off the paper.
  “Gin Inuyasha, You are charged guilty of Shoplifting, theft, driving under age and reckless driving. You are hereby sentenced too 7 months community service. You will work at the Yukiyama  Nursing Home,”
He pounded down the gavel,
“Court adjourned.”
Inuyasha just stood there.
“A…A… Nursing home!? Screw that! Can't I just pick up litter on a highway or something?”
The judge eyed him,
“Look, young man, you could have gone to prison for almost a year! Should I make your sentence longer?”
He eyed the judge and growled. The judge leaned back,
“Thought not.”
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;            & nbsp;           &nbs p;            & nbsp;           &nbs p;          
          & nbsp; Kagome was in her coma for near 4 months. She woke up just for her family and doctors to find she could not walk or talk and basically had the mindset of a newborn baby, except she'd whence and whimper if she was hungry or went to the bathroom. The doctor said it could be permanent; it could be not, all they could do is hope and pray. They also knew was she was helpless, needed both physical and learning therapy. He mother sat by her as Kagome dully starred out the window, lightly propped up by the bed. It broke her mother's heart to see her like this, but she managed to speak to her.
  “Do you like it here, Kagome? It's a lot nicer then the hospital, wouldn't you say? Colorful room…nice view outside the window…”
With no answer, Kagome stared out the window. The doctor informed her that visiting time for now was over, it was time for Kagome's dinner. 5eWith tears in her eyes, she quietly left. Kagome had a blank look, blank thought… She could remember nothing… Nothing at all.
“Kagome-chan! It's time for dinner!”
A nurse came in saying. Her name was Sango. She had a soft spot for Kagome because something very similar happened to her brother, Kohaku. He had amnesia after a traumatizing event, but after a few years of therapy, he's almost as good as new, with memories intact. But Sango wore a poncho. Kagome lately has been not eating and will knock over or toss food. Sango sat down beside her and gently tried to get her to eat the mashed potatoes. As usual, Kagome would clamp her mouth shut and growl.
  “Common, Kagome! If you don't eat, we'll have to tube feed you, and that's not a pretty sight, and I imagine it would not be comfortable at all.”
Kagome just stared into the window, into the sunset. Sango gently tried to tilt her head toward her…
          & nbsp;                    &nb sp;                         &nb sp;        
    Inuyasha walked in and had a full back-pack. He had his parole officer by his side, making sure he gets there.
“Now Inuyasha, behave and just do what you are told. The better you do, the faster you'll be out.”
As they walked in, he asked,
“Why have I packed all my personal things?”
“Because you will be a live-in janitor/worker. On call 24/7. You will have a tutor to school you.”
A little old lady said behind the counter.
“WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY BABA?!(Old hag)”
The lady eyed him,
“I think on your terms it'd be best if you treated me with more respect.”
She handed him is colorful uniform as she said,
“Your job here is pretty simple… Just do as you are told. Each morning as the select patients are wheeled away too their special activities, you will clean out their bed pans, mop their room… You are to clean up after…”
“This is bullsh…”
“..As I was saying…”
She eyed him,
“My name is Kaede and I suggest you listen to me. You are going to be here a long time, so I will give you a room of your own. You will have a radio by your side at all times in case we are in need of you. Bedtime is 9. You wake up at 7:30am…”
“What? I've never gone to bed that early or woken up that early in my life!”
She began to lead him down the hall. There was a Youkai ward…since they require more specific needs…and a human ward. Inuyasha was to work in the human ward. He tried to ignore the heavy stench of urine, medication and nasty food. As they walked down the hall, they heard a girl scream as out of a door, Sango rushed out, covered from head to toe in mashed potato and Jell-O. She sighed and Kaede asked,
“She did it again, didn't she?”
Sango shook off some of the food from her arms and legs. But then Inuyasha froze as she caught the scent.
“No way! It can't be. It smelt like…her !”
He was lost in thought as excitement struck him. She wasn't dead. He didn't loose his victim. He wasn't worried about her health at all… couldn't care less. But why was she in a nursing home… being hand fed by a nurse? Then Kaede took him out of his thoughts.
“Well, Inuyasha, looks like you have your first job.”
Inuyasha paused and said,
“I'll pass.”
“You have a choice”
Kaede led him to the Janitor's closet and showed him what to do. He got his boiler suite on and dragged the huge yellow bucket and mop behind him, his tool belt had 3 different kinds of cleaners and about 20 rags. He stopped outside the door and listened, it was very quiet. He slowly opened the door. He stood still as he looked inside. It was her! She just lay there, staring out the window, not even looking at him. He saw the chart by the door and read it as it listed her problems and needs. He smirked and chuckled under his breathe,
“Oh this is rich!”
But then he saw that she wasn't eating. That made him frown. He slowly stepped to her. She was sickly and pale and just starred out of the window. She had a cold smirk and chuckled,
“Keh! You are alive Jajauma!”
She didn't respond.
He saw that everything was a mess. She was covered in food, the floor and even the wall was covered with food. He came around to in front of her, blocking her view of the window and looked into her eyes.
“Oi, Jajauma! Say something… you always do.”
She didn't move, she had no life, no shine whatsoever in her eyes. She was barely alive. Inuyasha hit her shoulder.
“Speak dammit!”
No response.
He looked at her and smirked and chuckled,
“Huh, this is too good, you're a retard now, a stupid, worthless retard! Oh! This is going to be fun!”
But then he thought, He couldn't do anything physical as fear of getting in serious trouble, and then verbally teasing is not fun, since she could not understand him. This was a dilemma. His favorite victim is helpless and in front of him… But he growled at her.
“Jajauma! You...”
He furiously began to clean her room, but didn't touch her, he just gave her limp, dead-like body death glares and sneers. He almost felt sorry for her, which mad him all the more angry. But he paused as she stirred. Her eyes lazily looked at him, watching him for a bit before reverting back to the window. He growled,
“Don't look at me like that again.”
He thought about it. The look had no life, no emotion, she just was… there. It was creepy. He shivered. It caused him to clean faster. He needed to get out of here as soon as he could. Once again she looked at him, but did not look away. He got into her face and growled.
   “Don't look at me you retard. You are even more disgusting then before.”
She just stared at him, sickly and pale. He huffed and finished up. As he did, Kaede, Sango and 2 other people wheeled in a machine with a small vacuum like tube. Inuyasha froze.
“Inuyasha, please step out of the room please.”
Kaede instructed.
Inuyasha actually felt worried for a moment.
“What is that?”
Sango said as she filled the tank of the machine with a thick, soup-like liquid.
“She has not eaten in 2 weeks, we need to tube feed her.”
“Tube feed her?”
“Yes, she will not open her mouth and will not eat, so we have to feed this tube through her nose into her stomach, and then the machine will feed this stuff to her.”
Inuyasha turned pale.
“Through the nose?”
Kaede sighed and asked,
“Inuyasha, you need to leave.”
Inuyasha grabbed his cleaning supplies and hurried out of the room. Shortly after the door closed, He heard with his sensitive ears them holding Kagome down to get the tube into her. He rushed down the hall to wash himself off.
“Keh, I wish I could have watched! How hilarious! I wanted to watch so badly!”
 Inuyasha deviously smiled. Kagome was helpless and suffering. Something he wish he was doing to her.
“How dare she get like this before I could really torture her? I waited so long.”
He seriously needed a life. He wondered why he loved to tease her so much. Especially now. Was it a challenge? She was tough, spunky, and fun… but now the one he loathed the most of anyone on Earth was suffering. He deliciously delighted in it. 7 months of it, ne? This should be fun, but how will he manage to pull it off without getting in trouble. But then he got a flashback of what just happened a few moments ago… For a moment he felt sorry for her. He shook it off and shivered.
“That Jajauma deserves EVERYTHING she gets!”
He snickered as he continued down the hall.
A/N: hehehehehe.