InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There I Was ❯ Leaving You ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There I Was

Chapter Twelve: Leaving You

 

{Disclaimer: I no own. Nope, I don't own this FAN fiction.}

 

Authors Note: Okay, time jump. I may write a few side stories or fillers later on, but I don't know. Enjoy. Ja.

-Flame

 

_-*~=~*~=~*-_

 

I purred as Kagome ran her fingers through my hair. My eyes were closed in contentment as my head rested on her firm stomach. The problems with Naraku have grown. The other lords and I have decided to go to war. I'm leaving in the morning.

I wrapped my arm around her hips and held her tightly. I don't know how long this is going to take, and I don't know if we will actually get him. If we do, what will happen to Kagome? She began to rub the tips of my ears and spoke as if she could read my thoughts. "Just relax tonight. What will happen, will happen."

"I don't want to send you away." I felt her soft cresses move down to my shoulders as she began to massage my tense mussels.

"I'll be fine. Naraku's gone far enough. If anything happens I'll just come back. You said our bond was unbreakable after all." I relaxed a bit at her words. I still wasn't any happier about leaving my mate though. Rin's been mated to a good human for a while now, and Kagome is with child, though she doesn't know it yet.

I want to watch over her and my unborn pup. I want to keep them safe, but no. I have to go and wage war against the insufferable hanyou. "The other ladies will be coming here tomorrow, do you think you can handle it?" I heard her groan and smiled. "I know you're going to be good and won't give Saiya another black eye, no matter how insufferable she gets."

I knew she was blushing. Every time we bring up the subject of last years gathering she always does. It was Saiya's own fault it happened. She had locked Kagome in a room so Saiyako could try to change my mind and choose her.

"I'll be good. I'll stay in the library the whole time." I chuckled and listened to the faint heartbeat of my pup. It was so quiet, but it was there, and strong. I felt such a sense of pride when I think of my slowly forming family. "Or…I'll visit Sen-chan and Rin." She sighed and stroked my hair again. "I miss Rin. She grew up so fast. It feels like it was only yesterday I was teaching her proper grammar."

"Yes, I miss her hugging my leg the way she did."

"That was so cute! I wish I had a camera back then."

"A camera?"

"A machine that takes a picture of people and things at one moment and you can see it over again anytime you wish."

"I see." That's another thing I love about Kagome. She will always explain something to me and not be repulsed that I don't know. "We use paintings."

"I've seen some of them adorning the walls. They're so beautiful, much nicer than my nasty old pictures." I could almost see the face she always makes when she emphasizes something nasty. The one where she twists her mouth into a crooked smile and wrinkles her nose. Ah, how I'm going to miss that face. "Who's the woman in your study?"

I blinked and had to think about what she was asking me. The woman in my study? There's no---the painting. "That would be my mother."

"She's beautiful. You look nothing like her, well, maybe your bone structure is similar, but other than that...Your father never should have hurt her that way." I could hear the anger in her voice and held her tighter. Only Kagome would get angry at something she was only told about. My mate sighed and ran her hands down my bare arms. "Come on, you need to get some sleep. We don't want you falling asleep on the battlefield after all."

Kagome moved and rested her head on my chest. As much as I wanted to stay up and watch the sleeping goddess beside me, I knew Kagome wouldn't sleep until I was fast into dreamland. I closed my eyes and let Kagome's steady breathing lull me into some much-needed sleep.

 

_-~*=~*~=*~-_

 

I opened my eyes and looked down at Kagome. It's hard to think this will be the last time I'll wake to her sweet face for a while. I brushed a clawed hand against her cheek and watched her eyes flutter open. Such a light sleeper…unless something bad happens, then she won't wake. "Good morning."

"Morning." She smiled and stretched under my body and I smirked. "What time is it?"

"Five-ish." I smiled and nibbled her earlobe playfully. I know she won't let me have any fun right now. She's always the one to prioritize.

"Sessh…You have to fight today, you need all the energy you can spare." Do I know my mate, or do I know my mate? I smiled against her skin and licked her neck.

"I have more than enough to take care of the hanyou."

"Do you now? Somehow I doubt that." She pushed me off her and sat up. "Come on, we need to get a good meal into you and send you off."

"You sound almost happy to see me go. Do I not satisfy you anymore?" I asked and stretched standing up. I could feel her heated gaze on my body and smirked.

"Yes, I can't wait for you to leave so I can starve myself to death."

"I'll ignore that comment for now."

"What are you going to wear?" She asked standing up and walking over to me.

"Same thing as always…Must you ask?" She smiled and started putting on my haori. "I thought you would never dress me?" Kami how long have we argued about that? It's proper for the female to dress the male. The humans know this fact, but does Kagome? No…of course not. Such a stubborn woman.

"Eah, you're not going to be here for a while. Just don't get use to it." I smiled as Kagome dressed me in my Lordly robes. "I'm going to follow you for a while. I'm going to go to Sen-chan's today."

"I do not want you walking in the forest alone."

"I'll be fine. And I'll be with you and the other lords for a while." I growled as she tied my obi and picked up her kimono.

"I don't want you walking alone."

"I'm a miko Sessh, I can handle it."

"Like you handled it when you first met Kouji?" I asked reminding her of that creature that had nearly killed her not too long after she arrived here.

"That doesn't count. Besides, I know better now."

"It doesn't matter if you know better now or not. I'm not going to risk loosing you." I wrapped my arms around her and buried my head in the crook of her neck.

"Sessh, I give you my word. Nothing will happen to me. I'll just go weather you want me to or not." I sighed and let her go.

"Alright, alright. Just, be careful."

"I will, don't worry." I leaned in to claim her lips just as the door knocked. I growled and the bothersome interrupter entered my chambers.

"So this is what's keeping you." I turned and looked at Kouji with a glare. "It's not my fault I ruined your fun. Goro sent me to come and get you because you were taking too long. Come on, we're leaving soon." I sighed and held Kagome's hand as we followed Kouji and left our room.

"Do you need anything to eat, Sessh?" I looked at Kagome and shook my head.

"Yes. He'll be eating before we leave." Kouji corrected me with out looking back at us."

"I will be fine, Kouji."

"Trust me my friend. You'll wish you ate something if you don't."

"Please Sessh? I'll eat with you." Kagome willingly eating breakfast…Kami…the apocalypse is coming…

"Alright." We entered the dinning room and ate in silence. There wasn't much to say after all. Everything I wanted to tell Kagome she already knows just by looking in my eyes, and vice versa. Neither of us want to leave each other, but we know it can't be helped. I think Kagome may be more hesitant about our separation than I am. After all, everyone she's ever cared for has died, and here I am going off to war. I'd be hesitant too.

I held Kagome's hand as we walked to the front doors. The other Lords were saying goodbye to their crying mates and I felt a tug on my sleeve. I looked down at Kagome and whipped a stray tear from her cheek. "What is it?"

"I think that I'll stay here for a while. The other ladies may need someone emotionally strong for a bit." I nodded and hugged her.

"I understand. Be careful when you do go." I kissed her tear-flavored lips and whipped her cheeks. "I love you."

"Come on pup." I hard Goro call and I patted Kagome's cheek lovingly.

"I'll see you soon." I turned and began walking away. I felt my heart break as I heard her fall to the ground with heart wrenching sobs.

Dear Kami I beg you, keep her safe.