InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There I Was ❯ Jinx ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There I Was

Chapter Thirteen: Jinx

 

 

{Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, or Fukai Mori. That one's Do As Infinity's. And the idea of a bearcoon is the property of my friend and I}

 

Authors Note: Sorry the last chapter was so extremely short. I couldn't really think of what to write for it. This chapter is longer though, and the plot comes…you all still don't seem too thrilled…okay to clear a few things up a bearcoon is the name my friend and I, after a sixteen hour Inuyasha binge, named Miroku's little companion…or at least until we found out he was a raccoon youkai…but I still like to call him a bearcoon. Ja then.

-Flame.

 

_-*~=~*~=~*-_

 

Oh God…It feels like my whole world has been turned inside out! I rolled over in my now one-person bed and buried my head in his pillow. It's only been half a day and already I miss him beyond belief. How am I suppose to live if they don't come back for a year or two? Or worse…if he dies…Oh God I don't wanna think about that!

I got up out of our bed and out of our room. I need to get my mind off all of this. I could still hear some of the ladies crying down the hall as I entered my mate's study. Ah…it still smells like him…I spun around and flopped down in his fluffy chair. I don't know why he doesn't like to do his paperwork. He gets to sit in the chair and write all day…it's like heaven…

I looked up at the painting that I now know is…was my mate's mother, my mother-in-law. She was so beautiful…how could his father even think of cheating on her? She had golden waves and hair cascading down her back to her waist and vibrant sapphire eyes. I wish I was that pretty…thought I'm sure in Sessh's eyes I am.

Gah! I have to get out of here before I go nuts. I jumped from the chair and walked out the door. The ladies were still sitting near the front door to the outside as I walked up. "I'm going to visit a friend of mine. I'll be back soon."

"All <sniffle> right <sniffle> Lady Kagome <sniffle> <sniffle>." Aiko whipped her eyes as I left the castle. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why they're still crying. Yeah when they first left, it was a little sad…okay it was freaking heart wrenching and I still wish he hadn't left, I'm not crying though. Sessh wouldn't want me too.

I took a deep breath of the fresh air around me and sighed. This is the life, me, nature, and that big bearcoon. Wait…big bearcoon…I blinked and screamed. Omigod! It's gonna to eat me! I turned around and began to run back to the castle…wait! Running just makes it chase you…what to do…what to do..ahhh…play dead!

I fell to the ground and held my breath as it ran up to me. "What do we have here?" It asked in a sly voice?

"Hachi! What have you found?"

"It looks like a woman to me." Oh god…it's not going to eat me…it's going to rape me…and not only that but it's going to be a gang bang with his little friend…God save me…

"Oh a woman?" I cracked an eye open and looked at a foot. Wow, what a wonderful sight to see when you think the thoughts that are going through my mind at this time. "Excuse me, Miss, are you alright?" Oh what the heck, I can take `em.

I jumped to my feet and put my fists up in front of my face. "Okay, who wants some first? I'm not such an easy target like you first thought, huh?" I blinked and put my fists down as I looked at the pair before me. A monk and a bearcoon…oh God! I just threatened a monk! "Ah! Gomen! I didn't know you were a monk!" I bowed and tried to rid my cheeks of their blush.

"Not a problem at all, but I must ask you one thing." He took my hands in his own and looked passionately into my eyes. "Will you bear my child?" I think my jaw just hit the ground.

"E-Excuse me…"

"Will you bear my child?"

"I am happily mated thank you!" I yelled pulling my hands out of his grasp. "And if my mate heard you say that he'd kill you. Monk or no monk."

"Ah, it was worth a try. Come on Hachi."

"Coming Miroku-sama." The bearcoon started to run after the now retreating monk.

"H-hey wait!" I ran up and began walking with him. "So where ya headed?"

"Nowhere unparticular. You?"

"A friend's house."

"I see, would you like it if I escorted you to your destination?"

"That would be very kind, but what do you want in return?" He placed his hand over his heart and looked hurt.

"I cannot believe that you would suggest that I, a monk, would ask for something in return." I looked at him flatly and he sighed. "You know me too well already. I was hoping you could help me."

"Help you with what?"

"I'm after a hanyou named Naraku, I was wondering if you knew anything about his whereabouts?"

"He's in the South." He looked at me stunned and I smiled. "My mate's the Lord of the West. He and the other lords left this morning to fight him."

"My Lady, forgive me, I did not know." He bowed to me and I laughed.

"No biggie. Escort me to my friends house and we'll call it even, okay?"

"Sounds fair."

"Here, let me give you another tip. Naraku's after the Shikon no Tama, which is currently being protected in the East by the priestess Kikyou and the hanyou Inuyasha. If you find them and wait, I'm certain he'll come soon."

"That is a great help, my Lady. I thank you."

"Kagome. Please just call me Kagome."

"Alright, and you can call me Miroku."

"It's nice to meet you, Miroku."

"It is nice to meet you, Kagome." We bowed to each other and began talking on the way to Sen-chan's. It seems that Naraku put a kazana in his grandfather's hand, and it is passed down from generation to generation until Naraku is killed. Poor guy, now I kinda feel bad that I can't help him.

We sat in a clearing and rested. I don't know how Sessh can walk there and back between breakfast and lunch. It takes me at least half a day. I sat on a fallen log as Miroku started a fire. Hachi, who I now know is a tanuki, is out scouting and hunting. Safe to say I was board. I offered to help Miroku, but no it's not Lady like…Oh no…I'm not lady like enough for people…someone cry me a river so I can down myself in it.

I started humming lightly to myself. It was quite at first, mostly because I didn't want anyone to hear, but soon I actually started singing. "Boku-tachi wa ikiru hodo ni nakushite'ku sukoshi zutsu itsuwari ya uso wo matoi tachisukumu koe mo naku."

"That's quite pretty Kagome, do you sing often?" I gasped and placed a hand over my mouth.

"I didn't know you were listening. No, I don't sing often. Hardly ever actually." Yeah…only when I'm sad or lonely.

"I've never heard that song before. Where is it from?"

"It's a song my mother use to sing." Miroku nodded and went back to the fire. "So...how much longer do you think it's going to take?"

"I'd say about another three hours or so." It figures Sen-chan would live so far away. Even when I walked her home with Jaken all those yeas ago we rode on Ah-Un. I hope Sen-chan's doing alright. She's getting old now and her health isn't what it use to be.

"Well, it looks like we can take a straight path to the town." Hachi spoke as he entered our little encampment.

"What would keep us from going straight?" I asked and moved closer to the two men.

"The Western Lord has placed a few check points in places. I think he doesn't want someone to leave his lands." Figures..."Here Kagome-sama." Hachi handed me a water skin and I thankfully drank from it. Handing it back to him, we began to eat the rabbit he brought back. I've never had rabbit before; it's actually very good. We put out the fire and were on our way. We didn't really say anything. We didn't have to; we were too busy thinking about our own paths ahead of us.

Soon the town came up and Miroku bowed to me. "Well, I hope to see you again Kagome. It was a pleasure to meet you."

"It was a pleasure to meet you as well Miroku." I bowed to him and turned to Hachi. "And it was a pleasure to meet you Hachi."

"Farwell, Kagome-sama." He bowed and began walking to the East with the monk. I turned myself and started walking towards the town. I have this sinking feeling in my gut that I'll see him again. I walked through town with a smile on my face and knocked on my old friend's door.

The door slowly creaked open and I looked at the tear stained face of my daughter. "Rin honey, what's wrong?"

"Senkako-sensei died last night." I covered my mouth with my hand as I gasped.

"Oh no...Rin dear..." I pulled her into my embrace and ran my fingers through her ebony hair. She cried into my shoulder and I just comforted her. A few tears fell down my cheeks as well, but they were nothing compared to Rin's. "Come on, lets get inside." We walked inside and I helped Rin sit down in a chair.

"Senkako-sensei wants me to stay here and take up her business." She said sadly. "I'll be able to visit you and Papa more."

"Well, your Papa's off at war right now." I saw the fear in her eyes and placed a hand over hers. "Don't worry. He'll be fine. This is Sessh we're talking about."

"You're right." She sighed and placed her head in her hands. "It's just I never thought Senkako-sensei would go so soon." I wanted to console her, but I knew I shouldn't. I'm so use to the thought of death I wouldn't be much help. I would sound uncaring.

"I'm sorry Rin." I rubbed her back and she faked a smile for me.

"Why don't you get back home Mama? I know how you feel uncomfortable around death."

"I'll be fine."

"If I need you I'll know where you'll be." I half smiled and patted her shoulder.

"Alright. Are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Yeah. I'm good."

"Okay, call if you need anything." I said and left. Poor Sen-chan...poor Rin! Rin was so close to Sen-chan. I wish I could do more for her. I sighed and started my long walk home. I wish there was anything I could do to help.

I jumped as a cackle echoed through the trees. "Ah...what do you think? Is this her?"

"I believe so..." I stopped and looked around.

"Who's there?!" I spun around as two thumps sounded behind me.

"It's nice to meet you Kagome-sama." One of the creatures smiled wickedly, it's rotting teeth cracking as it did so. God...they looked like a cross between a ram and human. Can some body say inbreeding? Or maybe the reason why cousins shouldn't marry?

"What do you want from me?" I asked backing away slowly.

"We're here to `pick you up'." The other smirked and tightly pulled a length of rope between its hands.

"P-pick me up?!" I turned and started running. I'm not going to be kidnapped! Not no way, not no how! I felt the rope wrap tightly around my neck and pull me back. Okay...may be I am going to be kidnapped. My vision started to blur as I felt them tie up my wrists and ankles. "S-Sessh..." I breathed before everything went black.