InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There I Was ❯ Prisoner Life ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There I Was

Chapter Fourteen: Prisoner Life

{Disclaimer: don't own any of it.}

Authors Note: Hi! I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday!

Myinuyasha04: I'm sorry about the syntax near the end. I don't know what happened. It's fine on my copy...I re-uploaded it, but it didn't do anything. I'll keep trying to fix it. Thank you for telling me.

Silver-Blue-eyes: yeah, she did promise to be strong, but she had to get kidnapped. Don't worry it'll make sense soon.

Dreaming_Girl: I'm sorry about my spelling. I though I had been catching all of my mistakes. I'll just work harder on it. And I'm sorry it was confusing too. You're right about the time difference thing. Next time I'll put it in my beginning message. Thank you for adding me to your favorites. I feel very honored.

-Flame

_-*~=~*~=~*-_

Oh god...my head hurts...so much...I feel like I've been hit by a train, which is just impossible, I mean since when did trains exist in Sengoku Jidai? I rolled over and winced. My body feels like it's on fire! Slowly I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings.

I was chained to the wall with my hands above my head inside of a dungeon. It was dark and I couldn't see much, but I could see I was the only one in the cell...and I could sense that I was the only one in the dungeon for that matter. I hung my head as my situation dawned upon me. I had been kidnapped. Sessh is off at war and doesn't even know I'm in trouble. I promised him nothing would happen to me, that I'd be safe...and here I am...I broke my promise to him.

Tears began to form in my eyes as I looked at my lap. Even the kimono he had given me before he left was gone, replaced with grimy, brown rags. I have nothing left to remind me of him. Nothing to keep my spirits up and help me get through this. Nothing. I let the tears fall down my cheeks and curled into the fetal position. What am I going to do?

I heard the door open and my head shot up. A lavishly dressed figure walked into my cell and over to me. "How do you like your accommodations, Kagome-sama?" The voice was cold and filled with contempt and hatred. I would know that voice anywhere.

"What do you want with me, Saiyako?" I narrowed my eyes as she chuckled.

"Ohohohoho...what do you think I want with you?" She bent down and grasped my chin in her strong, clawed hands. "You stole Maru from me and I want my revenge."

"You never had Sessh to begin with!" Her grip on my chin strengthened as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"I would, had you never shown your ugly face. I'm going to make you feel just as I had felt when you ripped my heart from my chest and smashed it before my eyes." She released my chin and slapped, or should I say slashed me across the cheek. Blood oozed from four claw shaped cuts on my cheek as I looked up at her with pity.

"Let God have pity on your soul." Yes, be the bigger person.

"That's funny, I was about to say the same thing to you." With that she sent a swift kick to my gut, knocking the wind out of me and walked out of the cell. What I wouldn't do to slice her throat with a blunt rusted blade...My breath soon came back and I felt like an elephant just stomped on my abdomen. I tried to bring my arms around it protectively but only succeed in cutting my wrists with my bindings.

The fresh blood ran down my arms and down my chest to pool on the floor beneath me. Wonderful! Now I'm going to bleed to death! I sniffled and closed my eyes. I don't want to die like this. I have to escape! I have to see Sessh again! I have to bear his children! I have my whole life ahead of me still!

The pool continued to grow and soon I hung my head as I started to pass out. I…can't…die…now…

_-*~=~*~=~*-_

My eyes snapped open at the sound of a door slamming. I sat up and looked at the retreating figure that must have left my cell. "Wait! Please come back!" I yelled and reached out. I looked down at my hand and gasped. I was no longer bound to the wall, and the cuts were wrapped in gauze. That must have been the doctor who left then. I stood and brushed off straw from my "clothes." Where'd this straw come from? I looked down at what I was laying on and sighed. There was a straw bed in the corner of the room, how cliché.

I began walking around my cell as the door slammed open again. I turned and faced an infuriated Saiyako. "You little whore. How dare you!"

"What are you---" I was cut off as Saiyako's claws wrapped around my throat and I was pinned to the wall.

"How dare you!"

"What <ack> did I <ack> do?" Her eyes narrowed at me and her grip tightened.

"You very well know what. You brainwashed Maru so much he impregnated you." My blood ran cold and I froze. Saiyako let me go and I fell to the ground in a giant heap. "I'm going to make you wish you were never born for this treason." She kicked me again and left my cell.

I sat up still astonished with the news and placed a hand to my abdomen. I'm pregnant? A smile formed on my face as I cradled my stomach. Sessh left this for me, this precious gift. I have to make sure I take good care of my self then, don't I? I stood up and walked over to the door of my cell.

Iron bars, rusted hinges, it looks like a simple enough structure to demolish…if I was youkai. Maybe that won't matter. I'll have to look into it a little more, but I think I'll be able to escape soon enough. Where to go once I do though? I can't go home, that's the first place they'll look for me. I can't go to Rin's either, they would check there second. I need to go someplace they wouldn't think I would go. Sessh is out of the question; they would think I would run back to Sessh first chance I get. So where?

The East.

That's perfect! I can go to the East and find Miroku! I knew befriending that monk would come in handy eventually. Now all I have to do is get out of here.

_-*~=~*~=~*-_

I sat cross-legged on my "bed" and ate what little food Saiyako had given me. I didn't really want to eat it, but I have to keep my strength up. I have a long journey ahead of me. I took a bite of rice and smirked. So far, so good, I knew exactly what to do. I've gone over the plan in my head so many times I don't think I'll ever forget it.

First when the guard comes to pick up the try and whatever food I leave I knock him in the head with it, properly knocking him out. With the guard removed I promptly run out the cell door and jump out the nearest window. It's perfect! There's no way this plan could backfire.

The guard came by the cell and opened the door. "Ya done?" It asked while scratching its hairy bum.

"Yes. Thank you very much for your trouble." It grumbled and I stood. I raised the tray and beat down on the creature's head as hard as I could. It was just like in a cartoon. The tray bent into the shape of the creature's head and he just cocked his head to the side and looked at me.

"Now that wasn't very nice." My mouth fell open as I dropped the tray. Okay, lets go to plan B, RUN! I ran to the door before he could grab me and out of the cell. I turned right and began looking for stairs…none…great. I turned around and dodged the angry guard. Well, I tired to anyway. My "shirt" got torn in the process. Now it's a tube top! Whoot! Spring Break!

I grabbed one of the bars on a cell and used it to spin me into a sharp left hand turn. Ha! There they are! I ran up the stairs and into the hall. It figures, Saiyako would put me in a hall I've never been in before. Thank you Murphy!

I began running to the window at the end of the hall. Shouts began to form behind me as I began to run faster. Wind brushed past me as I began to smile. I was going to make it. I'm only about fifty feet away. I can do it! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! And then my smile fell and I tried to stop.

Saiyako stepped in between me and my freedom with the most evil smirk I've ever seen. It literally said, `I can't believe your so stupid as to try to escape.' My feet slipped against the slick marble floor and I crashed right into her. "Yuck! Get off of me, you whore!" She pushed me away and the guards, who had finally caught up to me, caught me.

Saiyako dusted off her dress and straitened it a bit, as I looked at her with pure hatred. Now, I'm not one to hate people. I believe hate is too strong of a word. In this case it's too weak of one. I abhor Saiyako! I abhor her with such passion that I would give anything to kill her…preferably with a rusted butter knife.

"Take her back to her cell. And make sure she doesn't eat for two days for that little stunt." The guards started taking me away and I continued to stare at her. "Oh, and I'll see you tonight." She smirked and I was dragged down the stairs. The guards threw me into my cell and luckily I landed on the "bed". I rolled over and looked up at the ceiling. God…someone help me. I closed my eyes and tried to get some rest.

_-*~=~*~=~*-_

 

"Get up you whore!" I jolted awake with a sharp kick to my side. I opened my eyes and found myself chained to the wall yet again...and I was naked, oh joy. How is it that they can chain me to a wall and undress me and I don't wake up? I'm not understanding the concept here. "So, you thought that you could take my Maru and live, did you?" Oh God…not this again.

"Listen, Saiyako…"

"Silence!" She slashed me across the other cheek and I could feel my blood run. "You have no idea the kind of pain you've cause me!" I sighed and rolled my eyes, gaining another slash for my "impertinence" as she called it. This time it was on my collarbone. She turned and walked over to a furnace. Since when did I have a furnace in my cell? Don't tell me they chained me to the wall, undressed me, and moved me out of my cell and I didn't wake up. God, what is my problem?

"Since you could never experience my pain emotionally as I had to, you'll just have to experience it physically." She turned around with a sick smile on her face and walked up to my prone body with her hand behind her back. She pulled out her hand as she smiled wider and reviled a branding iron. Well, technically it wasn't a branding iron, it was more like a iron pole that had been sitting in red-hot coals for about a day or two.

"Saiyako…w-what are you going to do with that?" I asked eyeing the glowing metal with wide eyes.

"That's for me to know, and you to find out." With that she jabbed the poker into my side and twisted. The only thing I could think about was the searing pain that was running through my body as I screamed bloody murder. The stench of burning flesh began to fill the room as she pulled it out.

I was gasping for breath as she pulled her arm back and smiled at me. "Does it hurt? Does it make you want to roll over and die? Give Maru to me, and I may spare you the pain of experiencing more." I swallowed hard and looked her in the eyes.

"I will never give you my mate." She sneered and slashed the iron across my torso. I now am going to have a scar from my shoulder to my hip. The pain spread like a raging fire across my skin and I screamed much as I had when she impaled me with that blasted thing.

I began panting as she put the iron down. Oh thank God! I thought that would never end. She unhooked me from the wall and roughly dragged me into another room. She quickly strapped me to a wheel and stood behind me. I heard her snort and pick up something but I couldn't turn my head. "Soon, you'll break and give me what I want." I felt a sharp pain run through my back and heard a crack. Another and another followed soon after and I could feel blood roll down to pool at the floor.

After a few more whips she put the whip down and left the room. A guard soon came in and took me to my cell. Again I was thrown in, only this time I was thrown on the hard, dirty floor. I got on my hands and knees and crawled over to my "bed". I was in so much pain that as soon as my head was over the straw I passed out.