InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ This Is Your Life ❯ Mother ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part One: Mother

My sweet baby boy.

Today is your birthday did you know that?

Of course you didn't, you're only a year old. You've only just started walking by yourself three weeks ago; well running is more like it, always the impatient one even now.

I'm going to miss this when I'm gone….

As I stand here watching you sleep in your crib, I'm thinking about your future. The life you'll have without your mother. And for that I want to say I'm sorry Inu Yasha.

The day you were born I saw your entire life flash before my eyes. I suppose you could say I was 'blessed' with the gift of foresight. Sometimes that's a good thing, like the vision I saw of your father before I met him, and the vision I had about you before your were ever conceived.

I knew you'd be something special.

You remind me of your father did you know that? ::Giggles:: Sometimes I forget that you're still just a baby when I talk to you. Although I know you will have wisdom and strength beyond your years when you grow up.

I wish that I'd be able to see it, your change from childhood to manhood that is. But I've seen the man you're going to grow into. Strong, proud, courageous, fearless; you'll be exactly like your father.

I suppose now is as good as a time as any to tell you this, seeing how you'll not understand until after it's too late anyway.

Your life will be a hard one my sweet boy, and for that I am so, so sorry. Sorry for the pain you'll endure because of your heritage, sorry for the heartache that will be inflicted on you, and sorry for leaving you so soon.

Yes mama's leaving, but it's not because I want to, just know that I did my best to protect you for as long as I could Your father will be leaving also, but he's leaving sooner than I am. He doesn't want to either, but to keep us safe he has to.

Sometimes foresight isn't all it's made out to be. These are the things I saw after you were born.

I suppose that I can be thankful for knowing how much time I have left with my family before it's broken apart by fate.

Your father and I can plan somewhat for your future, we can't change it, but at least we can make sure that you are taken care of even if we can't be there.

He had swords made today, one for you and one for your brother, Sesshomaru. Your sword is a guardian sword. It's to be used to protect yourself and the ones you hold dear to your heart. I know I said that many would hate you for being a hanyou, but there will come a time where you will find camaraderie with those that don't care that you're half and half. They'll stand by you no matter what the circumstances. You will all willingly give your lives for one another, and for that I'm grateful.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

I suppose I should start from the beginning and tell you about the woman that sealed you away. When I saw that it broke my heart. It would devastate any mother to see her only son sealed to a tree.

But if you ask me, you're going to be too good for her anyway.

I also saw the girl that unsealed you a number of years later. She will be drastically different from the one that sealed you. They could pass for twins easily, but this girl is one of a kind. Her attire is rather strange, but she will have a beautiful heart. She'll love you, every part of you; even the darkness that will eventually slip into your soul tries to take you. She'll stand by you, she'll protect you and she'll willingly sacrifice herself for you if needs be.

Most importantly she'll never ask you for more than what you have. She'll never ask you to become something you're not, or only be part of who you are. You were born in love. The bond that your father and I share is strong; the only bond stronger that exists will be the one you and your mate will share.

She'll heal your heart where the world around you will wound it, including the scars betrayal of past love. You'll be happy together, blissfully happy.

I didn't need a vision to see that.

I just hope you won't hate your brother too much. You'll have plenty of reasons to, but I still hope that one day you'll both reconcile with each other. He just doesn't understand right now, but one day I hope he will. I can't change your future, but to a degree you can. Some things are destined to happen. The kamis have set those events and no human or demon will be able to alter them, but there are a few things we can fix.

I told you father about my visions of you future. I left out the things that your brother will do to you. Knowing his temper, your father would spank the poor boy from now until the day he left to battle the dragon.

::Sighs::

But maybe in a way it's for the best, what happens that is. After all you will become a triumphant warrior before you see your twentieth summer. Your pack will be famous for your great deeds and all the adventures you will go on all over Japan. They'll even write scrolls about you in the future.

I have one more thing I want to tell you Inu Yasha. Never ever be ashamed for being a hanyou. I know that nearly everyone you meet will look down their nose at you, but I'm telling you right now that they are wrong. The blood that courses through your veins is that of two proud parents. There will be times where you'll think the humanity in you is a weakness, but it's not. Neither is your youkai blood.

You're neither one nor the other.

You're so much more than that. I'm just sad that it will take others so long to see in you what your father and I already know.

Knowing all this I feel a little better about the way your life will turn out. I'm still heartbroken that both of us will be taken from you before you reach the age of ten, but I take comfort in knowing that you won't be alone all your life. Your family will be beautiful, and you're going to make us so very proud.

You're still sleeping, my chibi koinu. It's only when you're sleeping that you look truly innocent and content. When you're awake you look like you're up to mischief of some kind. Always such a feisty and clever little boy; never lose that. Hold on to everything that drives you, and don't lose hope even though it seems all is lost.

Most importantly, remember you mother always has and always will love you with all her heart.

Happy birthday, Inu Yasha.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~