InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ This Is Your Life ❯ ...To Live ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part Eight: …To Live

* The first meeting of Inu Yasha and Kagome. Both feel alive for different reasons, but the point is that they both feel alive.*

****

What the hell was that?

I was in the well house looking for that baka neko of mine, Buyo, for Souta and the next thing I know I'm in the old well with this thing trying to eat me!

Shikon No Tama…

Mou, I think I hit my head…

***

~*~*~*~*~*~[Wake me up] Wake me up inside[I can't wake up] Wake me up inside

~*~*~*~*~*~

I climbed out of the well. I never expected what I saw though.

A forest.

Not the shrine I called home but a forest. I thought that I was dreaming, I mean many of my dreams involved a forest like this one.

Then I saw the Goshinboku Tree in the distance standing tall and proudly; exactly like it did at home. So I ran to it hoping that I would wake up from this 'dream' or whatever I was having.

That's when I saw him.

A boy…

A boy, who looked to be sleeping pinned to the Goshinboku Tree by an arrow.

An arrow?

::Thrum of an arrow being fired::

The way the roots wrapped around him and the tree suggested that he's been there for quite sometime.

But that wasn't the first thing I noticed.

That would be the fluffy ears sitting on top of his head.

On top?

My curiosity got the better of me, so I approached him and rubbed them both.

They're so soft!!!

I pinched myself on the arm, nope this isn't a dream.

And for some reason that makes me happy.

Some birthday, ne?

::Thock, thock::

Nani?

"You there! What are you doing here?"

::Sigh:: I knew it was too good to be true…

****

(AN: This is a jump directly to Inu Yasha waking up.)

~*~*~*~*~*~[Save me] Call my name and save me from the dark[Wake me up] Bid my blood to run

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Anyone! Help me!!"

Ba-bump…

Ba-bump…

Ba-bump…

::Knuckles crack::

Ouch. That fucking hurt.

When I get my hands on…

::Sniffs air::

Heh, it's the stench of the wench that sealed me here.

I started to reach for the arrow, but the magic Kikyo put into is attacked my hand.

Meaning she's the only one that can release me.

Fuck.

Wait…

How the hell did I wake up? No one's here, it's night and the forest.

What the hell happened?

****

Why does this thing keep coming after me?

I don't have the Shikon no Tama!

Kaede said to drive it back into the well in the Inu Yasha no Mori, I think that's what she called it.

That must be where that light is coming from.

"Give me the jewel!!"

Oh no…

"Anyone! Help me!!!"

I ran faster than I knew I could.

Apparently so was the centipede.

She attacked the ground and sent me flying through the air. I skidded along the grass right to the base of the Goshinboku Tree.

"Oi Kikyo!"

Huh? I looked up to where the voice came from.

The boy….

He talked?

"What are you doing playing around with that third rate youkai? Finish it off with one blow like you did me."

What is he going on about?

****

Keh, guess no one expected to see me awake.

That damn centipede was after Kikyo and that wench was running scared!

Oi, what's with her weird clothes?

The villagers saved her ass after she fried the arms off that youkai bitch.

I don't remember her having that kind of power…

How long have I been sealed here?

"Oi Kikyo! I'm disappointed in you playing with her like that."

"Kikyo, Kikyo, Kikyo! I'm not Kikyo! My name is Kagome got it? Ka-Go-Me!"

She climbed the roots of my tree and looked me dead in the eye.

"Kik-"

::Sniff, sniff::

She's not Kikyo.

"You're not Kikyo."

"That's what I've been saying."

"Yeah…Kikyo smelled better. She's prettier too."

Why the hell did I say that?

Oh yeah…

Never mind.

She was about to yell at me again when Mistress Centipede attacked.

"She's coming."

Again.

"Give me the Shikon no Tama!!"

Wait a minute…

This wench has it?!?

****

"She's coming."

The centipede attacked me again.

Mou, this is annoying…kind of like stupid boys with puppy ears that tell me I smell bad.

Stupid jerk.

"Give me the Shikon no Tama!!"

The centipede came at me again and bit me. When she flung me into the air a glass ball flew beside me.

The Shikon no Tama…

Came from inside my body.

It came from inside me?

"Oi, give me the jewel!!!"

The next thing I know I'm being smashed against a tree and a very strange looking boy.

"Oi."

Huh?

"Can you pull this arrow out?"

For some reason I feel like I should. I hear Kaede in the distance telling me not to.

But…

I feel like there's something compelling me to free him; like if I do I'll be freeing myself as well.

To live…

That's what I'd be doing if I released him, and that's better than dying here in the place that I don't even know.

~*~*~*~*~*~[I can't wake up] Before I come undone[Save me] Save me from the nothing I've become

~*~*~*~*~*~

****

"Oi. Can you pull this arrow out?"

She's not Kikyo.

So I can't kill her…

Doesn't mean that I can't scare here, which is what I'm going to do as soon as she frees me from this damn seal.

That jewel is mine.

The old hag with the village men is telling her not to release me.

Guess they wanna be desert after this youkai bitch gets through with us.

To be honest, I don't wanna die pinned to this damn tree with this…girl here.

"Hey I'm asking if you can pull this arrow out! Can you or not?!?"

Her head snapped up and she looked at me, determination shining in her blue gray eyes.

There's something about this girl…

"Live again, Inu Yasha!!!"

The arrow vanished.

Ba-bump…

Ba-bump…

Ba-bump…

It's good to be alive again…

~*~*~*~*~*~Bring me to life…

~*~*~*~*~*~

***

I was writing this while listening to Evanescence's Bring Me to Life. And damn if the song didn't fit! Anyways, as always this chapter was fun to write…and now that the stint of writers block is gone I can get back to writing my other stories. Yes the lemon for Answered Dreams is coming…do you people read the author's profiles?

Feh.

Next time: Part Nine: Rivalry. Nope this chapter doesn't have Kouga in it; it's another brotherly moment with out good friend Fluffy-sama.

Read and review, ja!

***