InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Though The Eyes of Lovers ❯ Recruiting Allies ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

             She was once again flying. Soaring across the skies with no fears. She was still upset, but she wasn’t about to let that interfere with this feeling she was experiencing as of right now. Of being free of all the laws of nature. Suddenly the feeling stopped. Had they already reached there destination? Had she been in such a daze, a euphoric dreamland that the trip had passed as if by seconds? Kaede had told them that she would be the only one who would be able to stop Kikyo and Naraku, and after hearing that, she figured she’d need backup, more than just that baka of a hanyou. He really was a baka! Sometimes he really acted like an inu! He could be just so full of himself sometimes! Though he had his moments. He was half human, after all. He could be so loving sometimes and was very self-sacrificial. It touched her so much to see this. She loved him just the way he was, a hanyou. And even after telling him this time and time again, he was still set on becoming a full youkai after they had collected all the shards of the Shikon no Tama. That BAKA! Then she realized why she had even started to think about this; they had stopped moving.

          &nbs p; “InuYasha, why have we stopped?” Kagome asked.

          &ldqu o;Wench, we’re at the village of the demon slayers. Now once we get Sango we need to find Miroku, then we can go after Naraku and retrieve the last of the Shikon Jewel.” he replied.

          &nb sp; That’s right. After they defeated Naraku and Kikyo they would have the rest of the Sacred Jewel. What would happen after that? She didn’t EVER want to leave her friends, but she didn’t want to leave her family as well. Could she have both worlds? Would the well stay open? She’d die if she could never see her friends again, and same goes for her family. But both were her family. In modern Japan, she had her biological family, but in Sengoku Jidai, she had her pseudo-family that she had had for the last three years. They had had their rough times, just like every family, but they were always there for each other, that’s what mattered. All these thoughts were giving Kagome a headache.

          &n bsp; “Kagome! Are you listening to me?” InuYasha asked her in annoyance.

          & ldquo;Of course I am InuYasha. I agree. We need to find them quickly, and then go after Naraku.” she replied somewhat quietly, yet still in a firm voice.

            ; She then stood next to him and grabbed his hand as they started to walk into the village. It wasn’t too long after they started that they had found Sango. She was by the graves of her former comrades, paying ohmage to them. She heard the rustling behind her and when she had turned around she saw her two friends, the miko and the hanyou.

          &nbs p; “Hello Kagome, InuYasha, do you have any news on Naraku?” she asked, sensing that this was the reason they had come for her.

           & ldquo;Yeah, we need you and Miroku. Kikyo has joined with Naraku, and we are the only ones who will be able to stop them.” Kagome replied.

          &nb sp; “Feh! Apparently, Kagome is the only one who can stop them.” InuYasha replied in a sarcastic tone.

          &ldquo ;InuYasha, osuwari!” Kagome said. And with that, the rosary that he wore glowed, and he was sent flying into the ground.

          &nbs p; “Dammit!” was all he said in response. He knew he deserved that. It was just a second nature to him to be sarcastic, or to cut others down. That was one of his biggest defenses. He was slowly letting his guard down, though.

          &ldq uo;Well, I guess we should be going. Miroku said that he would be at his shrine, preparing for our final battle.” Sango said.

              “Then we should get going now. Come on InuYasha.” Kagome said as she reached down with one hand to her ‘fallen’ friend as an offer to help him up.

           &n bsp;He looked up to see a hand extended to him. He got up on his own but then grabbed the hand. He swung her around him so that she was on his back now. As he did this, the taijiya called for her neko youkai, who transformed instantaneously. And both pairs took off.

           & nbsp;They had been traveling for a little while when they had reached the shrine where the monk had retreated to.

           &n bsp;“Miroku!” called out Sango, as she was the first to reach their destination.

           ;  Immediately, Miroku came bounding out of the shrine and enveloped the taijiya. “Oh my dear Sango! How I missed you so! I knew that you couldn’t stay away from me that long. That you also long for me.” he said as he gingerly rubbed her butt.

*THUD* a large lump started to appear on his head from her handy hirakotsu, as InuYasha and Kagome appeared behind her. “Ah, I see, what is the news that all of you had to come to get me?” he asked inquisitively.

         &nb sp;  “The time has come for the last battle.” the taijiya replied.

          &nb sp;  He had feared that this was the reason. He could not wait for this moment, yet he had always dreaded it. He wanted, no, he NEEDED to kill him! But there was always the chance that he may never make it out of the battle alive, or that he may lose all his friends. He couldn’t bare it if that were to happen. He wouldn’t let it happen. That was final. They were going to defeat Naraku and he would get fid of his cursed wind tunnel and be with his love. That WOULD be the outcome, he could accept NO other.

            ; And with that, he told the older houshi that he would leaving, got on Kirara with Sango, and the four of them left for Kaede’s village. When they arrived, the old miko gave the taijiya and the monk the details of her encounter with her deceased sister, the former Shikon no Miko. While they were with her, Kagome and InuYasha had retreated to the Goshinboku, the place where they had first met. They were both afraid of the battle that was rapidly approaching. They both knew the dangers they would face, before and after the battle. They knew that she would most likely have to choose, to choose which family was more important to her. They were both saddened. They were at the base of the tree, her in his arms, both resting somewhat peacefully, comforting each other, without the other really realizing it. Then, after a little while, they heard a soft noise. It was the kitsune. He ran and jumped into Kagome’s arms. She smiled, and InuYasha scowled a little but then went back to a peaceful look. The kitsune looked up at her with big eyes.

             “I’m coming with you guys.” he stated.

          &ldq uo;But you’re still a little kid, you don’t have to.” Kagome said.

             “Well I am. I want to help out my family.” he said and snuggled up to her.

          ‘ Family,’ she needed to go see her’s back in modern Japan. She had to get supplies and say goodbye, hoping to Kami that it wouldn’t be the last time she would see them. She placed the kitsune down and walked towards the bone eaters well and jumped in, knowing that InuYasha was following her. She laughed to herself as the glow of the spiraling colors once again enveloped her.