InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Through the Rose Colored Lenses ❯ The Shoot ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inu Yasha is NOT MINE!!!!!!!! He belongs to Rumiko Takahashi

P.S. I HAVE NO $$$$$ SO DON'T SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Through the Rose Colored Lenses

CH. 1

By Sailor Scribe

"Would you like a glass of Champaign, Miss?" A friendly stewardess asked.

"No, thank you. Do you know how much longer until we land?" Kagome asked with her signature deal-closing-smile.

"About two hours Miss." As the stewardess left, Kagome settled back into her seat. In three years she had risen to the top of the food chain of commercial photography, and here she was, simple plain Kagome, on a first class trip to New York in order to photograph Christina Aguilera's new cover. Who would have told her three years ago, when she was struggling to make ends meat after completing her masters in landscape photography, this is where she would end up. She smiled to herself and thought,

"To think it all started with dogs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**********************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ < p class="MsoNormal c86">

"Oh yea, baby! Show me the Money! That's it! Smile for the camera baby!" Kagome whispered as she shot picture after picture from her hiding place in a near-by tree. Her subject: the hit band Thunder Brothers, or at least the lead singer and the drummer. Usually, these two were so rowdy in public that paparazzi pictures of them were pocket change, but Kagome had lucked out. She had managed to bi-pass security early that Saturday summer morning, and stake-out the Thunder Brothers' summer Japan Villa and catch the brothers in a very compromising position.

"I was hopping for a drug deal, but this has to be worth at least 5 grand as well." She laughed as she saw Hilten dancing around in a pink bunny outfit, and Maten, dressed in a pink horse outfit, giving little kids pony rides. It was obviously their little sister's birthday party, but those two worked so hard to maintain a bad-boy-don't-mess-with-me image, making these pictures extremely valuable.

She finished her roll and prepared to make her escape. It would be a bit more difficult since the sun was up. She carefully climbed down the tree and began to move towards the gates. "Perfect, no one around." She readied her self for a non-stop madman run for the gate, when she heard an unsettling growl behind her. "No, Kami please no. Anything but that." She turned slowly to see the angry snarl of a rottweiler staring back at her. "Nice boy-good boy." She took a slow step back before starting her sprint. The dog barked behind her and pounced after her. "I hate DOGS!" Kagome screeched as she climbed up the gate. The dog chased after her, biting her foot. She yelped as the dog sank his fangs into her ankle.

"Hey, there is an intruder!" someone screamed behind her.

"Great, they just had to notice!" she mumbled as she kicked the dog with her other leg. The surprise from the kick caused the dog to loosen his grip just enough for her to pull free and finished her escape. She limped towards her motorcycle and bit back the pain as she started the bike. She could see the doors of the gate behind her opening and a group of five dogs ready to chase after her. "Sorry boys, but I got a date with a demon." She pealed off and disappeared into the early morning traffic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome smiled as she finished developing the last of her pictures. She had nearly lost her foot, but it was worth it. She saw the face of Hilten developed clearly with a pink bunny ear in his face. These were the type of pictures your mother showed along with your naked baby pictures to your significant other, and now, she was going to show them to the world. Well, not her but the demon.

Kagome smiled at the nickname she had given her boss. As far as she was concerned, he was a demon. The man showed no emotion, but managed to inspire fear in a firefighter from 5 miles away. With his silver hair and golden eyes, he looked godly, not that she would ever admit to it in public. But, no one could deny that Sesshomaru Morimoto was the most sought after bachelor in Japan. He was currently running his father's Magazines and was rapidly gaining respect from the international business community. The complete opposite of his brother, the second most sought after bachelor in Japan. Inu Yasha Morimoto was simply a playboy and her idol. Granted she hated everything he stood for: easy girls and a life of excess, but as a photographer, Kagome had to admit, the boy had talent.

"Hey Kagome, you still here?" Her brother called from the other side of the dark room door. Souta knew better than to open that dreaded door when she was in there, since he barely kept his life after he ruined the once in a lifetime shots she had taken for her thesis a year ago.

"Yeah, why?"

"I thought you had to see the demon before noon."

"I do."

"Well, the lady said that he will meet you at the Marina Yacht Club."

"Yeah, and its only forty-five minutes away."

"But, its 11:30 now."

"What?!" Kagome screamed grabbing the pictures and rushing out the door. She ran towards her bike cursing the damn dog from earlier that morning all the way. Sparing not time, she raced her bike down the shrine steps and into up coming traffic, causing only a few minor accidents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~******************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Inu Yasha! Why aren't you shooting?" Growled a very angry Sesshomaru.

"I refuse to work until my demands are met!" Inu Yasha calmly replied as he rested on a towel taking in the summer sun. "I will not take a single picture until you give me a red-headed monkey."

"I did! What do you think Shippo is for?"

"I'm not a monkey!" Shippo protested as he brought Inu Yasha his drink.

"Yeah, but I want one that is less annoying." At this Shippo lost his temper and tried to attack his favorite hanyou only to find himself lifted in the air by his tail. "Shippo, how many times do we have to tell you to be careful with this? Do you really want someone to see you like this?"

"It's ok, Inu. I told everyone it was my costume for the shoot."

"You are not in the shoot."

"But, I want to be rich and famous." Shippo looked up with hurt eyes.

"No way Jose."

"But I'm not Jose. I'm Shippo."

"Enough!" Sesshomaru spoke sternly, but as usual, without much emotion.

"Sango has another shoot in an hour. If she is not in the pictures, we lose the contract. If we lose the contract…"

"Father will be pissed." Inu Yasha finished. "So you better find yourself a red-headed monkey, or a new photographer…well that second one will be difficult since you need someone to start shooting in about five minutes." Inu Yasha was known for this. He would find intricate ways to annoy his brother for the sole purpose to see him angry. It was the only way Inu Yasha could think to make sure his brother was still among the living. "So what do you…"

Inu Yasha was cut short when a 2003 Honda Rebel came to a screeching halt right in front of him. He sat up and lowered his DKNY glasses in order to get a better look at the intruder, who seemed to be wearing a pair of extra short low riding shorts and a bloody shoe.

"Sesshomaru-sama." The girl spoke as she removed her helmet. "The pictures before noon as you requested."

Sesshomaru looked at his watch, 11:59:59. This is what he called respect. "What's with the foot?" He asked as he viewed the photographs.

"You forgot to mention that there would be dogs involved."

"Your point?" He asked coolly.

"I have half a brain to ask double for those after the trouble I went through."

"How many stitches this time?"

"I don't know yet. I haven't had time to go to the ER because you said you needed these before noon. But, considering that there is no way you could use them 'til Monday, maybe I should have gotten checked out first." Kagome replied rather annoyed.

"See that Inu Yasha. This girl went out of her way to get me these pictures, even putting her personal safety second to this. Do you know what that is called?"

Inu Yasha stood up, his loose white shirt flowing in the wind revealing his chest, looking like he just stepped out of a cheap romance novel, except for the matching bandana. Kagome could not help notice the contrast between him and his brother's three-piece business suit. Not that the attire mattered; they both send chills down her spine. "Stupidity?" He finally answered. Kagome stiffened and narrowed her eyes at him.

"No. Respect." Sesshomaru turned once again to Kagome. "You're pretty good. I'll have the money wired the same account as always."

"Thank you." She turned to leave.

"How would you like to make more money?"

"How much more?" Kagome turned suspiciously to see an unsettling smirk on the demons face.

"About ten times more?"

"What would I have to do? Sell my soul?"

"Kind of." He chuckled lightly. "Commercial photography."

"What kind of commercial photography?" For the life of her, Kagome could not figure out what kind of shoot would cause her boss to pay her $50,000 after only working for him for a few months. Granted, she really needed the money, but she wasn't about to do something that would come back to haunt her.

"You see, my brother was suppose to do a shoot today for the new Calvin Klein Swim line, but seems to have lost his inspiration due to the lack of red-headed monkeys on the set. I need a replacement photographer, and I need one now." He spoke calmly and clearly. Kagome just stared at him, and Inu Yasha looked like someone just hit him with an ax.

"You are going to let this girl handle a multi-million dollar contract?" Inu Yasha choked.

"Well, you seem to be unable to perform…"

"But I have never done commercial stuff." Kagome protested.

"Even a monkey could do what my brother does. All you have to do is take the pictures according to the script."

"What do you mean a monkey?" Inu Yasha growled. "It takes a lot of talent to do what I do. Besides," he began to regain his cool, "Sango will not work with anyone but me." He smiled confidently.

"Sesshomaru, if we don't get started now, I wont be able to participate in the shoot." Said the before mentioned woman as she walked up to them. "Kagome! Oh my Kami! It's been what? Two years now?"

"Try two and a half." Kagome smiled and hugged her old friend.

"You two know each other?" Sesshomaru asked, he was used to knowing everything there was to know about all his employees.

"We were best friends in high school…actually Kagome was the one that did all the pictures for my original portfolio. Did you know I still have the black and white one in there?" She smiled turning to her friend.

"Wow! I feel special."

"You should…it's my lucky picture. When I was first starting out, it was that picture that actually gave me the edge over the competition."

"Are you going to be in town for long? We really need to catch up."

"Well, I am here until we finish the Calvin shoot. That should be at least two weeks."

"You two will have plenty of time to catch up as you work." Sesshomaru began. "Kagome is taking over this shoot. If she does a good enough job today, I might consider giving her the entire thing."

"Keh! Like you would get anywhere with her!"

"That is wonderful." Sango smiled. "Kagome, come with me; I'll show you around."

"What?" Inu Yasha's mouth dropped open.

"You snooze you lose, dear brother." Sesshomaru pulled out his cell phone and started to call a few people. The pictures of Hilten would make him at least $2 million in sales alone. Kagome had definitely been a wise investment. Considering this he bellowed a final order. "Inu Yasha, tell Miroku to bandage her foot, but to keep his hands away from her ass."

"Has that wench ruined the shoot yet?" Inu Yasha whined as Miroku came to sit next to him.

"No."

"How about now?"

"No. She is actually really good with the girls, even though she isn't as good as you to get them to show off their cleavage…"

"See, the pictures won't sell."

"We won't know that 'til we see what she comes up with."

Angrily, Inu Yasha banged the deck table that was holding his drink, causing it to break in two. "This was my concept, my project, my shoot! That damn bastard took it all away from me!"

"In all honesty, if you did want to do the shoot, you shouldn't have gotten on your brother's nerves."

"Keh!" Inu Yasha folded his arms and gave Miroku his signature glare.

Miroku, trying to ignore the tenseness between them, began to fidget with the buttons of his dark purple summer shirt as he checked out the photographer in question. He admired the ample amount of expose flesh around her yellow tank top, and when she bent down, he praised Buddha for the ample curves her white shorts revealed. "You know Yash, she isn't half bad."

"She isn't half good either."

"No, she isn't half good…she is more than that." Miroku drooled as Kagome moved into a new angle allowing him to admire her front as well. "Of curse," he allowed his eyes to drift to the subject of her camera, "no one compares in beauty to our precious Sango."

"Keh! You need a life, Miroku!"

"And you need new eyes! That girl is gorgeous in her own right, and if I haven't given her my welcoming 'hug' is because she hasn't been far enough from Sango for me to introduce myself."

"Keh! You are more afraid of Sango than my brother?"

"Compared to an angry Sango, your brother is a new born kitten."

"Keh!" Inu Yasha looked away. He had to admit the girl was pretty, but nothing out of the ordinary, if you asked him. The only thing special about her, and perhaps what made him more dislike her, was her face. She reminded him of someone he knew long ago; someone he would rather forget.

"Isn't Kagome wonderful?" Shippo stated as a matter of fact as he appeared between the two men.

"Keh!"

"You need a new word, Yash. That one has been recalled by the factory."

"Keh."

Miroku gave a brief sigh and turned to the young kitsun. "So why is Kagome wonderful?"

"She smells really nice…not like those models that smell like that weird coconut oil…"

"Shippo, they need to use that oil in order to look shinny in the pictures."

"Well, when you mix it with there sweat…it ain't pretty. Besides, Kagome gives big smiles and chocolate and she even said that she would take my picture."

"What?" Inu Yasha shot up like a bullet. "I said you couldn't be in the shoot!"

"She said I could…and she is in charge cuz she got the camera!" The small kitsun hid behind Miroku as Inu Yasha's eyes began to turn a dangerous hint of red. Fortunately for them, he stormed off towards where Kagome was finishing up with Sango.

"Yo bitch!" Inu Yasha grabbed Kagome's arm turning her towards him.

"Excuse me! I know you are not talking to me!"

"Hell yeah I'm talking to you! What gives you the right to change the concept around? I strictly said the brat couldn't be in the shoot!"

"First of all, Sesshomaru-sama, who happens to be my boss and the only person I answer to, told me to feel free and take artistic liberties. Second of all, I am the photographer in this shoot, not you; therefore, mind your own goddamn business. And third of all, I am not one of your bimbo adoring fans you can bully into doing whatever you want, and if you don't want to be hit with a harassment lawsuit, you better back off."

"Who the Hell do you think you are, Bitch?!"

"The names Kagome, Asshole!" Kagome didn't realize what she had done until the water splashed her. She took a deep breath and considered her predicament. She had just pushed Inu Yasha Morimoto, her bosses baby brother, into the pool in front of the entire staff. Though there was a burst of laughter and applause, she felt another chill go down her back when his golden eyes stared back at her with a tinge of red. Then something moved beneath his bandana. Now that the cloth was wet, she could she two clear bumps. This could mean only one thing: Youkai blood.

"Great, I really am working for demons…and I just pissed one of them off." She thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey I hope u guys like this!!! Please don't forget to review J