InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Through the Rose Colored Lenses ❯ Their First Sit ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inu Yasha is NOT MINE!!!!!!!! He belongs to Rumiko Takahashi

P.S. I HAVE NO $$$$$ SO DON'T SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Through the Rose Colored Lenses

CH. 1

By Sailor Scribe

"She is a stubborn, good-for-nothing bitch! She pushed me for no damn good reason into the pool, and not only that but she belittled me in front of the staff. She is stubborn, rude, selfish and she smells bad…."

"I could say the same thing about you." Kagome interrupted Inu Yasha's rant as she stepped into Sesshomaru's office. It was open, bright and cold, decorated in a modern meets Feudal Japan theme. Like him, his office was elegant and deadly, at least in atmosphere.

"Your timing is impeccable, Kagome…like always." Sesshomaru declared in his neutral I-am-immune-to-the-world- tone. "Do you have the pictures?"

"Yes I do."

"Good." Sesshomaru took the pictures and began viewing them. "I spoke with both Sango and Miroku, and they both assured me that you got what you deserved Inu Yasha."

"What?!" He roared. "You're asking the wrong people…her high school best friend and a leach that would say anything to get into a girls pants."

"It was later confirmed by the head of security." Sesshomaru continued in his usual monotone. "I hear this all started over Shippo being in the shoot."

"Yeah, I specifically said that the brat could not be in the shoot!" Inu Yasha roared. "She went against that!"

"No I didn't." Kagome defended herself. "I told Shippo that I would take his picture if he behaved himself. I never said that he could be in the shoot. Speaking of which, could you get these to Shippo?" Kagome asked handing a second set of pictures to Sesshomaru, who, having never been taught to respect other people's privacy, took the chance to examined the pictures. This is what he could never understand of Kagome. She would be given the most interesting subject to photograph and she would bring back boring safe uninspired pictures, like the ones she had delivered from the shoot, even though girls in bikinis might not be what she considered inspirational. Then she would be given a silly assignment like Hilten in a pink bunny outfit or Shippo acting silly, and she brought back art. He stopped short at the last picture in the pile. It must have been an accidental candid, but it was gold. Shippo was holding a tray with two drinks to Sango, who was accepting one. The way she laid back so relax compared to his hyper male self. He could see it now, every man in Japan envying Shippo's position as this picture appeared in billboard after billboard with the caption, 'Care to join me foxy?' on it. What better way to promote Calvin Klein's new Foxy Swim Wear line?

Kagome had talent, but lack the eye and inspiration his brother had. She was worth the investment though. He lifted his head to say so, but found himself with the two bickering, and by the sound of Inu Yasha's roars, she was winning. He knew there was a reason he liked this girl.

"Enough you two!" His soft words were cold enough to freeze them to attention. "I know all about your fight. Kagome, these pictures are good. They are not great, and not what we need to sell swim wear."

"Ha!" Inu Yasha cheered.

"But these of Shippo are!" He paused as his words sunk into his brother's skull. "You have potential Higurashi; I would hate to see it go to waste. That is why I have no choice but to partner you two together."

"What?" The two screamed in unison.

"I want Inu Yasha to take you under his wing and teach you how to be daring, edgy, sexy and powerful in your photography, but at the same time, I want you to teach my brother about composition and backgrounds. Let's face it, Yasha is all raw, and you are all technique. I know you can achieve more than that. I can see it in Shippo's pictures, but I need you to do this with all your subjects."

"I can't work with her! Not after what happened!"

"Yes you can! Just remember these three things. First, she is my employee, and only I can fire her. Second, no matter who is taking the pictures, this is also Inu Yasha's company, so any changes are his business. And, third, if she was one of your bimbo fans, I would never have hired her. I expect her to keep you on your toes, Yasha!

"Now, I want this to be a working partnership, though because my brother has much more experience in the field, I am forced to make him the head of this team. This does not mean that Kagome is your personal slave that you can have bring you the coffee you like from three towns over in less than ten minutes. And Kagome, you still have to try to respect him, and only insult his intelligence if he really deserves this. With all the sparks between you two I expect you to bring me something extremely hot and fresh!"

"Just be careful not to burn yourself dear brother." Inu Yasha shouted over his shoulder as he stormed out of the office.

~~~***~~~

"Kagome, what's wrong? Ye don't seem fully attentive in tonight's exorcism. Ye are asking for trouble if ye don't face thy demons with all of thy concentration." The old woman whispered next to her. Then in after thought added, "thy grandfather use to say that."

"He did, didn't he…I miss him so much, Kaede."

"But ye are making him proud, following in his and thy father's footsteps."

"Someone has to do it!" Kagome exclaimed as she turned into a new room in the mansion. She froze.

"Can ye sense it?"

"Yes…in the closet."

"Ye are getting better."

"There are two…but not youkai…evil, but not youkai…at least not yet."

"Ye are definitely getting better." Kaede concluded as she began a chant and Kagome readied her bow and arrow. "To make it fun…today, ye get only one shot." The closet doors swung open, and the ghosts of two disfigured beings fluttered out. Kaede didn't blink, and Kagome didn't hesitate as her arrow turned a sparkling shade of pink and flew threw both ghosts. The arrow purified the hatred they felt in side, while Kaede's chant forced them to cross into the next world. "Not bad. Thy grandfather would be proud. Should we take our leave?"

"No."

"No?"

"We haven't checked the attic."

"Very well then."

Half an hour later, Kagome was nursing a nasty scratch while Kaede was explaining to the owners of the house how to take care of the raccoon demon's corps. The damn thing had surprised her from behind and had managed to scratch her before she could shoot her arrow. The perfect ending to the perfect day. She truly hated this exorcise sessions. She rather be at the store selling good luck charms, but she had to earn a living somehow. She needed something on the books that would give Sota and her health insurance. Sesshomaru's payments were great, but she was just freelance, and that meant no benefits.

"Shall we?"

"As you whish." Kagome stood to leave.

"I notice ye were distracted tonight. Ye were injured unnecessarily. That was a poor excuse for a demon."

"Sorry, my mind was elsewhere."

"With a young man, perhaps?" her voice almost hopeful.

"It's not what you think…I have a really good job offer…involving photography."

"And?"
"I would have to work side by side with a demon…hanyou to be precise."

"Does ye think best to purify him?"

"I would love to." Kagome got into Kaede's 1999 Yellow Beatle. "But somehow, I don't think his brother, a full youkai and my boss, would be too happy about that."

"I see. What will ye do?"

"What can I do? Tough it out, I guess. There is no way I am going to let this opportunity pass."

"Ye speaks wisely, but may this old hag offer you some help?"

"You're not a hag, Kaede."

"But I am old." They both chuckled at her joke. With her three-hour morning runs and constant exorcisms, Kaede was more fit than most people Kagome's age. "I have seen much struggle…within thy own life precisely. I do my best to fill in for thy mother and grandfather, though no one could ever replace them. Ye have done an amazing job raising Sota by thyself these six years, but it may be time ye find some help."

"Is this going to turn into a lecture on how you need great-grandchildren?"

"No child." Kaede chuckled. "As ye know, thy grandfather and I were good friends. Thy mother was practically a daughter, and ye two little ones my grandchildren. But I know I have not been able to protect ye from all harm. I can only do what thy grandfather would have done." Kaede pulled in back of the shrine, and picked up an interesting necklace with dog fangs. "Here, this rosary was used in ancient times as a subduing spell. It was a way for mikos to subdue their demons." Kaede placed it around her neck. "Inu Yasha is stubborn, but he is sweet at heart. Don't let him get to ye."

"I won't." Kagome quickly hurried past the well house to the back entrance of her house. "I can't believe it is five in the morning already…well it's a good thing that Sota is probably sleeping, or he would be scared stiff. May be I should have found him a babysitter…I should have asked Inu Yasha to sit!" The joke made her smile and then stop dead in her tracks.

"How did Kaede know his name was Inu Yasha? I must have spoken it…I think…right?" Kagome yawned heavily. "Oh well, I'll figure it out in the morning."

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

"Why are we picking her up again?" Inu Yasha whined from the passenger seat of Miroku's Black SUV.

"Because your brother wanted to make sure you didn't give her bad directions."

"Keh."

"So how do you like my new company vehicle? Doesn't she ride smoothly?" Miroku tried to change the subject. Inu Yasha took notice for the first time that he was sitting inside a fully equipped 2004 Lexus LX470.

"Didn't you get a new one last year?"

"Yeah, but this is this year."

"How do you get away with it?" Inu Yasha had to admit, when Miroku picked a company vehicle, he picked a company vehicle.

"I remind your brother how closely I have to work with you."

"Keh!"

"We're here." Miroku said as the parked the car. They both got out the car and stared at the stairs. "There really isn't a reason for both of us to go up the stairs."

"Thanks for volunteering."

"Yeah, and I normally would follow through, but my bad ankle…my really bad ankle." Inu Yasha growled and dragged Miroku up the shrine Steps.

"Look I don't know what you are trying to sell, but…" Souta released a very loud yawn. "There is no way we are buying anything at this hour. The Sun is hardly out yet." Sota rubbed his eyes, as he was getting ready to slam the door shut in the faces of two very annoying salesmen.

"Oi, we are not selling anything! We're here for that wench?" Souta eyed the silver haired man with the baseball cap.

"You got the wrong house!" He let the door swing freely hoping it would hit them in the face, but a foot stopped it.

"What my very rude and impulsive friend is trying to say here is that we are here to pick up Kagome Higurashi." Miroku held his ground as Souta kept trying to close the door. After many visits to Sango's apartment, Miroku had developed a high tolerance for pain in his right foot.

"Kagome?" Souta gave both men the evil eye. "What do you want with her?"

"Oi, are you hard of hearing? We are here to pick her up!"

"For what?"

"Work!" The silver haired man shouted. "Look, I don't have time for this! If she isn't ready, then she can find her own way to the shoot! Damn bitch isn't worth this much trouble!"

"Who are you calling a bitch…asshole?" Souta exclaimed with rising anger, now that he was fully awake.

"Souta! Watch that mouth! Who taught you such language? And what on Kami's green Earth are you doing at the door?" Kagome paused as the door fully opened revealing her very unexpected visitors. Eying that she was dressed, Inu Yasha spoke again,

"At least you're ready! Let's go!"

"I should have known it was you polluting my little brother's mouth. What in hell's name are you doing here?" Kagome asked covering Souta's ears.

"Lady Kagome," Miroku interjected. "We are here to take you to today's shoot. I'm sure you were notified."

"Notified?" Kagome raised an eyebrow.

"No one notified you, sis." Souta spoke up removing his sister's hands from his ears. "I would have remembered."

"Keh, that's impossible. I told my assistant to do it."

"Inu Yasha, would you be referring to the assistant your brother had to fire earlier this month because she was stealing sugar packets from the office."

"Ummm…"

"The one that you have NOT found a replacement for?"

"Ummm…" At this Miroku lost his patients and hit Inu Yasha with the broomstick that had been conveniently left by the door.

"At any rate, you seem to dressed, and if it's not to much trouble, we could still…"

"Ahhhhhh! Nee-chan, you're hurt!" Souta screeched, interrupting Miroku. Unfortunately for Kagome, a certain hanyou took notice of her scratch. His brows knotted in distaste as he took notice of the demon aura around the wound.

"Just like a stupid wench to get a demon scratch and ignore it!" He thought to himself as he walked into the house. "Probably doesn't even know she was scratched by a demon."

"Souta! It's just a scratch. We ran into a raccoon, that's all! I just haven't had time to put a band aid on it."

"Raccoon! That means you could get rabies…you could get sick and die from that!"

"Souta relax! I already got my shot…" Kagome's sentence was caught in her throat as a certain hanyou grabbed her injured arm and dragged her to where his nose told him was the kitchen. "Hey, what do you think you are doing?" She had barely stepped into the house five minutes earlier wanting nothing more than her bed. Finding herself being dragged around her own house by her favorite jerk, was not an acceptable substitution.

"Keh, all I need is for you to get an infection, be unable to work, and my brother find that it was somehow my fault!" He opened the hot water and let it heat. He knew it would be the only way to draw the aura out.

"Hot water? Are you trying to boil me alive?"

"Not a bad idea."

"There are better less painful ways."

"I don't know sis, that antiseptic stuff you use on me stings like a bi-ah real bad!" Souta tried to cover up the slip at the sight of his sister's raised eyebrow.

"Look, I know of a less painful home remedy I would rather use."

"She broke free of Inu Yasha's hold and went to the cabinet. She pulled out a dark brown bottle of honey. Inu Yasha was impressed to find the honey to be as dark as the bottle.

"We make our own honey. All natural." Souta explained proudly. Kagome smiled as she put a thin layer over the scratch before covering with a bandage. Inu Yasha raised his eyebrows as he saw the demon aura dissipate into thin air. He looked at the honey once again and noticed a paper scroll on it.

"You bless your honey?"

"We bless everything in this house. If you missed it, we are in a shrine." Kagome tiredly replied playing with the beads of her necklace, earning the jewelry his attention for the first time.

"What is that?"

"Huh? A necklace." She replied a bit irritated.

"I know that!"

"Then why did you ask?"

"I mean where did you get it?"

"From a friend."

"What friend?" Inu Yasha was beginning to growl along with his replies. Something that Kagome observed was making Souta nervous. "Oi wench, those things don't aren't easy to come by! I bet you don't even know what it is!"

"Yes, I do! It was a gift from a friend for having to put up with you, but since you seem to like it so much. Here!" She placed it around his neck before he could react. "You can have it."

"What? I don't want it."

"Inu Yasha, do me a favor and sit down while I go get Souta a babysitter!" At her words Inu Yasha crashed to the floor. "Damn boy, you could have used a chair." Kagome replied after having missed the light that enveloped Inu Yasha's neck a second before.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Well, there is Ch. 2!!!! I know that it was a bit dull, but, trust me, now that Inu Yasha and Kagome are working together, things are bound to get interesting. This chapter sets everything up for me quite well.

P.S. Please don't forget to review!!!!!!!!!!!!!