InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Through the Rose Colored Lenses ❯ First Kisses & Shikon Jewels ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inu Yasha is NOT MINE!!!!!!!! He belongs to Rumiko Takahashi

P.S. I HAVE NO DINERO SO DON'T SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Through the Rose Colored Lenses

Ch. 7

By Sailor Scribe

Having Inu Yasha stay the night with her turned out to be a mixed blessing. He came in handy when dinner came around and she had trouble deciphering what airline they had retired the food from. He had graciously volunteered, after chocking on what was supposed to be chicken, on acquiring some contraband food from the near-by Chinese restaurant. Half-way through her orange chicken, Nurse Datchic confiscated the food claiming it wasn't hospital approved. Inu Yasha had lucked out since he had finished before she had a chance to start. He did graciously give her his fortune cookie with the condition that she would start pouting. It worked because they were Kagome's favorite part of getting Chinese food. At least they worked until she read her fortune: "Love is right under your nose." She looked down to see what was under her nose, only to find Inu Yasha trying to grab the remote from underneath the bed.

"Stupid cookie…didn't even give me lucky numbers!" She sighed.

"May be it was my fortune." Inu Yasha reclaimed the paper and after looking at who was right under his nose in the eye, the both said "Nah," in unison.

Inu Yasha also didn't seem to mind taking countless trips to the vending machine to help Kagome's sweet tooth; though, truth be told, he was the one who drank all the Sierra Mist in the vending machine. Unfortunately, each trip came with a scolding from the wonderful Nurse Anna Datchic, who tried to remind him that he was in a hospital, not a hotel room.

They had both argued over the remote and every possible viewing channel, finally agreeing on Sumo Wrestling Reruns. Since they couldn't place the television comfortably between them, Kagome allowed him to lie next to her on the excessively small bed. While he got to lie comfortably, she was on her side, on the small space Inu Yasha didn't occupy, using his arm as a pillow. She felt the morning neck craps ahead of schedule. If that wasn't bad enough, Nurse Datchic and her faulty vision walked in on the duo.

"Mr. and Mrs. Higurashi, even if you do not have to share the room with another patient, you should still be respectful of the staff and patients here! I don't even want to know what you were thinking…or what you were doing under the blankets."

"I was thinking that my wife hates to sleep alone…something about having a hunk for a husband that should always sleep by her side! And what me an my wife do under the blankets is none of your, the staff, or the patients' business!"

"Inu Yasha!" Kagome scolded as soon as the nurse left.

"What?" The day I get marry, it will be to a woman that thinks I am a hunk and does want to always sleep by my side! And if I want to thumb wrestle with my wife under the covers," Inu Yasha finished as he finally locked Kagome's thumb in a game of Blind Thumb Wars, "then it is none of that bitch's business."

"Good luck finding her!" Kagome declared as she rubbed her sore thumb.

"Keh!"

Kagome pretended to be asleep when Hojo made his rounds, especially since Inu Yasha seemed to be peacefully sleeping. She heard Nurse Datchic complain to Hojo after he left the room. She really was a bitch. Kagome nearly killed her when she walked in without knocking the next morning and caught her changing. She could hear Datchic begin to complain but Inu Yasha's fake sweet voice interrupted her.

"Ah, Nurse Datchic, do you know if my dear wife is done changing. I would have waited inside, but I didn't want to disturb the other patients that do not reside in the room."

Now, here they were, signing her release forms, and she could here her complaining to the other nurses as she went off her shift. That woman rubbed her the wrong way.

"Want to give her something to write home about?" The mischief in Inu Yasha's voice didn't go unnoticed.

"What did you have in mind?"

"This." As he saw the nurse turn towards them, he took Kagome in his arms and with exaggerated passion, pressed his lips against hers. Kagome, who was caught off guard, had initially closed her eyes as a reflex. She tensed up in his arms, but when she heard the older woman swoon, she relaxed and smile. Inu Yasha sure did know how to get revenge. "All that hag wanted was a show." He smiled and led her to the parking garage just as Hojo turned the corner. He tried to call after Kagome, but Inu Yasha's superior senses were able to escort her away before she had a chance to hear him.

Once they were seated in his Cadillac, she turned and began, "Just one question."

"Shoot."

"Strawberry Chap stick?" Inu Yasha blushed.

"What? My lips got chapped and that's the only thing the store had!"

"A hanyou with chapped lips? That'll be the day!"

"Believe what you want Missy! But I'm telling the truth; besides, I'm not the one with vanilla cream cherry on my lips."

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"That's the flavor high school nerdy girls wear in hopes of getting kissed."

"And the authority on this would be?"

"Miroku, and trust me, the boy knows his material."

"I believe you there. Hey, could you make a left at the next light?"

"Sure, why?"

"I'm not in the mood to climb the shrine steps, so I was hoping we could go the back way and use the driveway."

"You have a driveway?"

"Of course! How did you think I got my bike up to the garage?"

"Up the stairs…Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he growled.

"You never asked, and I am NOT the lazy sort. Besides half the time I was too mad at you to talk to you."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"I'm telling you Souta," Kohaku blocked his friend's shot, "you need to get your sister a boyfriend. Ever since Miroku has been going after Sango, he has been showering me with gifts. Plus, he is a lot cooler to hang out with than my dad."

"I don't know…"

"Think about it. If your sister becomes one of those old spinster types, then she will wreck every date you ever had and turn you into something like Norman Bates. Except you wont have a motel; you will have a shrine."

"But, what if he hurts her?"

"That is why you got to pick him. Do you think my sister fell for Miroku on her own? Nope, it was my subliminal massages and secret plans that got them this far!"

"You want your sister to date a hentai?"

"No, I want my sister to date someone she can easily beat up in case he tries to pull a fast one on her…Besides he doesn't grope other girls, or try to grope her when dad is around, so he does have some common survival sense."

"I guess…but who?"

"Well, what do you want in a brother-in-law?" Kohaku slipped his arm around Souta.

"Well, someone strong that can protect her…in case something was ever to happen to me."

"Like a demon?"

"No demons can be too violent."

"But humans can be too weak." Kohaku protested.

"Well, I guess a hanyou would be ok."

"What else?"

"Someone that isn't intimidated by her…someone she can argue with, so she doesn't have to argue with me anymore!!! But he has to be caring, in his own way. Nothing like those girly shows where the guy cries all the time and begs her to stay! A real man!" Inu Yasha pulled up in his silver Cadillac. "With an awesome car to teach me how to drive when the time comes!" Kagome got out of the car, and Inu Yasha followed shouting something after her. "But she has to be able to bring him to his knees if he gets out of place."

"Sit!" Inu Yasha fell to the ground.

"Bitch!" The spell didn't last long and before Kagome had a chance to walk up the final steps to her house, she was on his shoulder again. "I said I was going to help you into the house!"

"Kohaku! I think I know who would be perfect for my sister!"

"Who?" Kohaku asked innocently.

"Inu Yasha!" Souta's eyes widen. "Kohaku, would you please help me get those two together?"

"Well, I can't say no to a friend." Kohaku sighed but managed to slip his sister a thumbs-up sign at the window.

"Perfect…part one: allies, has been completed." Sango mused as Kagome and Inu Yasha entered the kitchen. Inu Yasha finally conceded in letting Kagome rest on a chair instead of his shoulder. She smiled at her friends.

"Has Souta been any trouble?"

"None at all! He and Kohaku get along so well. I think it's that brotherly bonding thing among men…"

"Nee-chan, nee-chan! You're home!" Souta and Kohaku raced into the kitchen.

"Shoes! Shoes!" She tried to warn, but it was too late. They had dragged mud onto the immaculate floor.

"Are you ok?"

"Not a scratch!"

"Wow!" He took a thoughtful pause. "I don't want you riding anymore motorcycles! They are obviously too dangerous!"

"Souta…it was the fact that I was on a motorcycle that saved my life! There is no way I could have been thrown clear of the crash any other way."

"Kagome, I saw the aftermath!" Inu Yasha protested. "The fact that you are alive is a miracle!" Souta gasped at Inu Yasha's words.

"Was my bike beyond repair?"

"It was a pancake!"

"I never want you on a road again! What if you turn into a pancake next time?" Souta protested.

"Souta, it was an accident…they can happen in the bathtub. There is nothing to be afraid of. Next time, I'll just be more careful."

"Next time you will have the advantages of airbags and seat belts."

"Can't I get another bike?"

"No!" Both Inu Yasha and Souta declared. She winced at their harsh tone.

"Hey, so here is where the party's at! How are you Kagome-sama?" Miroku asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Fine thank you."

"Ah, Miroku, just the man I wanted to see."

"I DIDN'T DO IT!"

"Didn't do what?" Inu Yasha questioned.

"I don't know; what ever you guys are trying to pin on me now…it wasn't me!"

"I just wanted you to help Kagome pick her next company vehicle!" Inu Yasha growled. "Something safe, with doors and seat belts."

"Level of luxury?"

"Entry."

"Two door or four?"

"Four…she has a kid in soccer."

"Foreign or domestic?"

"Domestic…support our economy; unless the foreign has better safety ratings!"

"Would you two stop it! Kami-sama, you would put me in a tank if you had you're way!"

"Can we?" Inu Yasha looked up with hopeful eyes.

"Nope, military said it would become a traffic hazard. Don't worry Kagome, we will find you something nice and safe!" Miroku cheered as Souta looked up to Inu Yasha with pleased eyes.

"Inu Yasha, are you staying for dinner?"

"That's like eight hours away!" Kagome protested.

"Well, I was hoping he would teach me some more soccer moves to increase his appetite."

"I don't think it would take that long to teach you everything I know about soccer." Inu Yasha said thoughtfully.

"How about lunch?" Souta insisted.

"I don't know…"

"You keep them out of my kitchen, and lunch is on me." Kagome declared. "Anything you would like."

"Pizza?"

"Namiko's Pizzeria?"

"Sounds delicious." Inu Yasha grinned as he and Miroku chased the boys outside. Once they were alone, Sango ventured to ask,

"So, how was your night with Yasha? Everything you dreamed of?" Kagome lightly hit her friend on the shoulder.

"It was horrible! The nurse kept interrupting…we barely had a chance to kiss! Well, at least we got to share that tiny excuse for a bed!" Kagome smiled as Sango's jaw dropped.

"Ka-gome," she swallowed hard, "is there something I should know."

"No."

"If you and Inu Yasha are dating …AS YOUR BEST FRIEND I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!"

Kagome just smiled and walked away. "Truly Sango, me and Inu Yasha? We would kill each other first!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Oh, Kami! This is why I fell in love with you Kagura! Harder, please harder!"

"Sesshomaru, is this the only reason you married me?" Kagura laughed.

"So no one else but me could enjoy your magic fingers? Hai! Oh, right there! That's the spot!"

"Will you two quit it!" A loud voice bellowed from the hallway. Inu Shantino entered the room with a dark expression on his face. "You two have too much work to be lying here giving each other massages!"

"You're only jealous because your wife didn't major in touch therapy!" Sesshomaru complained as he sat up strait in his chair. They were in Inu Shantino's mansion, their home for the past three centuries, from before Sesshomaru himself was born. He tried to relax in his large leather chair, but it was hard under his father's gaze. The man was half a foot taller than Sesshomaru with twice the build. He had a strong rugged cut face with a scar over his right eye from a fight during the Warring States Era. His eyes were sharp with golden anticipation, and his hair was as wild as Inu Yasha's, but he kept it tamed in a low pony tail. Five hundred years ago, the man had ruled over all demons of the Western Land with an iron kiba. No one dared challenge him, and today, besides his title, he also held an impressive business empire that secretly owned half of Japan and had its hands in Sony, Honda, and every single Anime made. He was a man used to getting what he wanted, and as cool and composed as Sesshomaru was, he knew that he would always bend to his father's will. And, right now, his father wanted grandchildren…lots of grandchildren.

"Is everything set for your REAL wedding?"

"Father, the wedding in Vegas was real!"

"Was your family there? Was her family there? No family means no wedding! How could you deprive your brother the chance from being your best man after you were his?"

"Father, it doesn't matter what happened fifty years ago! Besides, he was the best man at my last wedding ten years ago. This is my wedding, and I will choose the man best suited to be my best man!"

"And that is?"

"Inu Yasha." Sesshomaru conceded after a long pause.

"Good. Now speaking of your brother, how is that side project I assigned you."

"Quite well…the girl landed in the hospital and my brother volunteered to keep her company."

"Hospital? She isn't the sickly type like Kikyo? I have to admit, she was what your brother needed, but I don't think he can take another death."

"She was involved in a car accident, father. She is perfectly fine. She survived a crash that should have killed he…without a scratch."

"Oh, how so?"

"I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with her miko abilities and that jewel Inu Yasha gave her."

"Jewel?"

"Yes, when I saw her today, I could still sense it generating energy."

"And Inu Yasha gave her this jewel?"

"My sources tell me that Kaede provided him with the jewel when he was looking for a subduing spell to match the one she gave him."

"She's got a collar on my son?" Inu Shantino raised his left eye brow.

"Yes."

"I like this girl!" He said with a strong laugh. "So Kaede is involved…then the jewel might be a protection spell…what does it look like?"

"It's a big pink ball, almost white."

"Hmm, then it could be the Shikon no Tama. That would explain why I felt its power after five hundred years."

"The jewel of four souls? I thought that was just a myth!" Kagura pointed out. "I know I never believe my father's stories about it."

"You should have, and it wasn't lost…my first son, I named Inu Yasha. He fell in love with the miko that protected the jewel, but their love was not meant for their lifetime, so they used the soul to guarantee themselves a life in the future."

"So is my little brother…"

"Your older brother's reincarnation? Hai!"

"So was Kikyo?"

"The priestess? Yes, and she carried the jewel within her body." I don't understand how Kaede acquired it, since Kikyo's remains were burnt."

"But you don't insist that Inu Yasha's next love be Kikyo's reincarnation?"

"No, a hanyou's life is long…he deserves to heal."

"Well, father…we have a problem."

"Why?"

"Kagome is Kikyo's reincarnation."

"How long will it take you to get them together?"

"Considering how stubborn both her reincarnation and he are…four years tops!"

"By that time I want at least ten grand children…with some twins and triplets in there…that would be cute! I don't care if they are yours or your brother's! I just want them!" He left the room and Kagura lowered her mouth to Sesshomaru's ear.

"I am not having ten kids! I could do one set of twins tops, but there is no way in hell I AM HAVING ALL THOSE KIDS! I will divorce you first."

"Then we better get working on Kagome and Inu Yasha!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Kagome sighed as she finished drying the last of the dishes. Inu Yasha had ended up staying past lunch, playing with Souta's Play Station. Afterwards, he couldn't refuse Kagome's dinner invitation. She smiled to herself as she began to sweep the kitchen floor. Souta really like Inu Yasha; they were getting quite close…"That can be dangerous. What if Souta begins to idolize him…can I deal with two Inu Yasha's?" She was distracted by a scratching sound. She looked down to see a pair of keys on a Sailor Jupiter key chain. "Not mine…Must be Sango's or Kohaku's." She dropped them in the fruit bowl and began to sweep again.

The cold tingle went down her spine leaving her body cold and numb. "Three youkai…strong enough to pass through the ancient seals on this shrine!" Her heart beat began to accelerate as she tried to keep her head cleared. She traded her broom for her bow and arrow and made sure her brother had gone upstairs to bed. She could sense them using the back sliding door to enter the house, breaking the spell that had protected the house for generations. She prepared her bow as the first one came into view. "Damn, only two, and I can't use one arrow on both! This is going to be the hard way!" She thought as she let the first arrow go. She heard the thump as the body was purified.

"Wolfite!" The second demon screamed as she searched the area for the miko. Suddenly, the lights came on. The second demon and her locked eyes as she examined the pretty girl looking no more than ten years-old, but Kagome knew better. The girl was probably older than Kaede.

"Where is your other friend?" The girl smiled as strong arms enveloped Kagome. "What the…"

"Nice job Angel!" The third demon declared from behind Kagome.

"Thanks Jaze! Kill her already so we can move on!"

Jaze grabbed Kagome in a head lock and prepared to snap her neck in two. Kagome held her breath as she silently prayed for a miracle. Her miko powers seemed useless now.

"Sankontetsou!" Kagome felt the demon behind her dissipate. She loaded her arrow and shot. The girl never stood a chance. She was dead before Kagome's arrow reached her. Kagome looked up to the latest intruder.

"Inu Yasha?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yes." She held on to her bow unsure how to proceed. "Thank you."

"Keh!" he approached her and examined her shaken appearance.

"What are you doing here? You left an hour ago."

"Got half-way home and realized that I forgot my house keys."

"You keep them separate from your car keys?"

"Yeah, in case I lose one, I don't lose the other."

"You wouldn't happen to have a Sailor Jupiter key chain on it, would you?"

"Look, my niece Rin got it for my last birthday, and contrary to popular belief, I am not a spoiled brat. You should have seen the smile on her face when she saw me use it."

"Whatever!"

"Do you know what they were after, Ms. Higurashi?"

"I have no idea officer. We have countless priceless artifacts. I believe they were probably here for sealing scrolls or spell books."

"Did you get a look at them?"

"Just the girl."

"We will need you to come down tomorrow and look at some mug shots. Are you sure that these weren't some kids playing a prank?"

"One of them tried to snap my neck…I don't think they were playing a prank!"

"You do have a license for that bow?"

"Of course, I am a licensed miko!" Kagome was getting highly irritated.

"It all checks out back here, Detective Hiikaru." A skinny recruit stepped into the kitchen where Kagome was being interrogated. They had called the police after the incident, and now she was regretting it. Though she knew it was better to follow the rules and not give the Youkai Council a reason to go after her, she felt Hiikaru had it in for her.

"Then this seems like a classic case of self-defense." The detective decided as he escorted Kagome into the living room to be greeted by an overly worried Souta and an angry Inu Yasha. "You were lucky Ms. Higurashi, Mr. Morrimotto came back here…now why again where you here?"

"I was bringing her home from the hospital."

"The funny thing is that the hospital said that Ms. Higurashi left with her husband."

"We said that so that he could come see me. They were only allowing relatives at the time."

"So you lied!"

"If YOU were in my situation, you would have done the same thing." Growled Inu Yasha.

"If my colleague that I CAN'T stand…"

"Inu Yasha is not just my colleague, he is also my friend." Kagome defended, and Inu Yasha flashed her a quick smile.

"That is more than evident."

"What is that suppose to mean?" Inu Yasha growled.

"You can't intimidate me, sir; I am also a hanyou! And all I am saying is that you too seem to be a bit too friendly for friends!"

"How can you be too friendly? Friends are friends! There is no going around that!" Souta interjected.

"All I'm saying is Mr. Morrimoto is…"

"A hero." Kaede finished as she entered the house. "Only one was killed by thy arrow, Kagome. I would have expected more from ye."

"I couldn't sense where they were, just that they were approaching."

"Shadow demons…they can partially hide their aura. Mask it with other ones in the area. Ye are getting sloppy with age, child.

"These were dark people with dark intentions!" Kaede declared as she examined the aura in the living room. "I shall perform the cleansing right as of, now." She sat in the center of the living room and began to hum loudly.

"Thank you for scaring away the cops, Kaede."

"Anytime dear." Kagome escorted Kaede to the door.

"Kaede, how did you know?"

"Of the attack? It was on the eleven o'clock breaking news segment." She smiled and left.

"Inu Yasha, you're still here?" Kagome asked as she turned around.

"Yeah, you and Souta are coming with me!"

"What?"

"You heard me! It isn't safe here! Didn't you hear what Kiiharu said, 'single women and children are huge targets!'"

"The man wanted us to admit to murder! He was a baboon!"

"Even so, I won't be able to rest unless I know you are safe."

"Inu Yasha! I am not going to let some creeps scare me away from my home!"

"Fine! If you won't come with me, then I am staying!"

"Fine!" Kagome left and returned with a blanket and a pillow. "There is the couch, make yourself comfortable!"

"I will!"

*/-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*

Wow the things I will do to avoid doing my Analytical Chemistry…Again, don't get used to these kind of quick updates! I can't procrastinate forever, though I can die trying….This would have been up two days ago, but I was waiting for Meche to review…don't kill her, I missed over 3 typos last chapter, and as the perfectionist I am…I couldn't accept that! Thank you Meche for helping me out!

Also, special thanks to Sierra and Meche-Benz, who have reviewed almost all my chapters. You guys are tide for first place number of reviews (At the time I am writing this). As a way to show my gratitude, Inu Yasha's favorite drink shall now be Sierra Mist, and Kagome's new car will be a Benz.

Ah, and for those of you who asked if I just gave away the ending in my last chapter, do I look like the type of author that would give away the ending, would be completely sarcastic, or would play games with my readers just to have them coming back for more?

As always, Read and Review!!!!!!