InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Through the Rose Colored Lenses ❯ The Grand Finale ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: For The last time, Inu not mine…unfortunately

Through the Rose Colored Lenses

The Final Chapter

By Sailor-Scribe

"We are now approaching JFK International Airport. Please buckle your safety belts, and put your seats and trays in their upright positions. The local time in New York is 3:30 pm, and the local weather is slightly cloudy with the temperature at 85°F. For our passengers with connecting flights, please inform our attendants on your way out. We hope that you enjoy your stay in New York, and you fly with us, Air Japan, in the near future. Remember to please remain seated until the plane comes to a complete stop. Thank you and have a nice stay." The pilot informed from the intercom. Kagome sat up and took one last look at her immigration forms. She couldn't believe she was arriving already. She had spent the last two and a half hours reminiscing on the past, but that wasn't surprising with her wedding a little more than a month away. She hoped the weather cooled down by then.

"Inu Yasha…" she sighed, "why did things have to work out they way they did?" She examined the friendship ring he had once used to propose to her. She hadn't taken it off her neck since they had made their peace. "It doesn't matter. What's done is done, and now, I know what I must do."

Being in first class had its perks. She was able to get off the plane without much hassle and was the first to enter customs. "How long is your stay?" a round belly man asked as he stamped her passport.

"Two weeks tops." She answered in her thick accented English. The more she worked with the international community, the more fluent she became with the languages. The man smiled, and after clicking a few buttons on his keyboards, let her go. The air in JFK was a chilly 70°F, leaving Kagome wishing she had brought a light jacket instead of the blue tank top and tight black caprices. She sighed as she waited for her luggage. Thank Kami, hers was going to be one of the first one's out. She smiled remembering that, like always, she only packed a duffle bag. She would normally bring it as carry-on, but knowing that he would be waiting there for her and that she had to do it today, made her hesitant to leave the safety of the baggage claims. Their was a loud buzz and the black conveyer belt began to work. Nervously she toyed with the lightly glowing Shikon no Tama accidentally brushing against Inu Yasha's ring. Her fiancé had never questioned her reasons for keeping it on the same chain as the jewel, and she was grateful for it. There was no way she would ever tell him she kept it there because the jewel is symbol of undying love. Heaven forgive if Inu Yasha ever caught rumor of that; he would never let me live it down.

She sighed as she picked up her cell phone. She loved that international phone Sesshomaru had given her. "Souta? Any news?" She could hear music and laughter in the background. That made her happy.

"It was a boy! Miroku is ecstatic!"

"I bet, and Sango?"

"She's fine, but has sworn never to let Miroku touch her again."

"I'm so mad I missed it."

"Hey it isn't your fault that she went into labor two and a half weeks early, right after you had boarded."

"Oh well, I'll see my new nephew soon enough." She sighed. "How is Kagura doing?"

"The doctor says that she and the quints are fine. They have scheduled a c-section for next month."

"That's good. It seems like everyone is having babies."

"Except you. Hey sis, are you sure about what you're going to do?"

"Yeah, it's about time I did this. He doesn't deserve what I am doing to him."

"Good luck."

"I love you too babes."

She smiled as she grabbed her overstuffed duffle bag and swung it over her back, thankful that she didn't need a cart. She passed the final inspection and made her way through the opening doors.

He was there, smirking as he leaned against a nearby column. His long hair black tied back in a low braid, the way she liked to see it. He had been smart enough to wear a light black leather jacket not to be too cold, and he was wearing her favorite jeans, the ones that accentuated his rear end the best. She smiled and looked him in the eyes. They had not changed in the past three years. They had remained as wild and lustful as when she had first laid eyes on them. She smiled as she remembered Paris on September 26th , 2004…

After two transfers, Kagome and Hojo had finally arrived in Paris. She was grateful that Hojo had minored in French as he led them through customs and baggage claim. Hojo spoke to her amiably as they walked through the airport. Kagome, on the other hand, remained in her trance. She noticed a man holding a sign that read, "Higurashi."

"That's me Hojo. Call me when you get into your hotel."

"Alright, but I'm warning you, that won't be until late since I have to stop by the institute first. Oh, I see my ride. Are you sure you will be fine by yourself?" He gave her a concerned look.

"Yes." She smiled and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Thank you for everything. You've been a great friend."

"The least I could do." He smiled back before his friend walked away from him. Little did he know that that would be the last time he ever saw her that sad and wasted.

"Ms. Higurashi?" The young man asked. She nodded. "This way please." He led her to a Mercedes that looked remarkably similar to hers. "I'm surprised; I would have sworn that a young lady like yourself would bring at least three large suitcases."

"I thought it better to pack light here, and take the suitcases back."

"I bet your boyfriend liked that." The young man joked, leaving Kagome with a confused look. "The young man you arrived with." He explained.

"Oh, Hojo isn't my boyfriend."

"Really?" There was something in his tone that made Kagome take notice of him. He was chic, but rough with his black hair pushed back in a low braid and pair of designer fitted jeans. He had a loose white shirt and a light leather jacket that was perfect for the cool autumn weather of Paris. But, his eyes; his eyes were enchanting with a wild lustful glow. An alarm went off in the back of her head as she heard him speak again.

"Alexis." He kissed her hand.

"Kagome."

"What brings you to Paris?"

"Work…I am supposed to head the Channel Shoot for the Japanese markets."

"Wow, you must be good."

"No, just lucky."

"I think you sell yourself too short. If Sesshomaru-sama, himself, went to all the trouble to see to your accommodations, then you must be an extremely valuable asset to the company." Kagome took noticed for the first time at the man's hard edge feature and realized he looked remarkably like someone she knew.

"Sesshomaru-sama asked you to pick me up?"

"He asked me to drive you around until you got your bearings, but don't worry, I am willing to help even afterwards." He winked.

"Bastard." She thought to herself. "Just had to make sure I wouldn't forget your brother. I should hook up with him and have a torrid love affair just to throw it back at your face, Sesshomaru!"

Kagome started to walk towards her fiancé with a smirk on her face as she silently thanked Sesshomaru for his wisdom. She noticed him straighten as he returned her playful glance.

"Well, we're here." Kagome tuned out as he began to tell her of the hotel. She failed to notice the traditional elegance of the Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris. She missed whatever Alexis was saying as she tried to stay awake. She was physically and mentally exhausted. "Anyhow," he walked her to the elevator, "this is my card. Give me a call if you need anything. I am at your service, in every sense of the word." He whispered lightly into her ear making her blush and frown. If only she had energy, she could tell him off.

He leaned down and gave her a quick kiss before remarking with a smirk, "I know you missed me, but you are going to have to wait until we are in private…unless you want to cause a commotion. But, don't worry; I'm willing to take care of you then." Oh, if she only had the energy to tell him off…

How she made it to her room, she did not remember. She had slept for what had seemed to be an eternity, though it was only four hours. She called home before hitting the shower, relieved to find out she had previously called before falling asleep. The warm water felt delicious as it seemed to wash away the exhaustion and pain from the past month. "Inu Yasha," she sighed. Has she done the right thing? She closed her eyes and saw the hurt look on his face as she turned away. She banged her hand against the tile next to the shower head. "Damn you! Don't you understand! I need time…I need to let go. I need to let you go." She let go the vent up frustration and released the tears of anger and pain as the hot water washed them away. She leaned against the wall and cried for half an hour straight. These were the tears she had not allowed herself to shed after the warehouse incident, after he serenaded her, after every time she accepted one of his cherry blossoms. These were her tears for him, and the shower water washed them away.

She felt better after she had finished, but she knew she still had a long road of healing ahead of her. She decided it was time to actually do some showering, so she lifted her hand to grab the complementary shampoo, when she heard a loud knock at the front door. She turned off the water and listened: another knock. She grabbed the complimentary white terrycloth robe and headed for the door. "Who?"

"Room service!" A scratchy voice answered back.

"I didn't order anything." She replied as she opened the door. Before she could look outside, her door was burst open as an angry jetlagged hanyou made his way inside, slamming the door behind him.

"What are you thinking of?" He asked her.

"Paris? How a crazed hanyou broke into my room…"

"Anyone I know?" He teased as she playfully hit his shoulder. "Do you have any regrets about it?" She closed her eyes as the memories flooded her.

"Inu Yasha? What? How?"

"After I got cleared by airport security, I caught the next flight out." He explained as he took her appearance. Her hair was curly with dripping water running down her skin hiding underneath her robe. Inu Yasha swallowed hard. She was naked under that. He cleared his head. He had to do this right.

"I thought I made myself clear, Inu Yasha. I need this time for me!" She began, holding the robe closer to her body.

"You did. But I didn't make myself clear." He stalked her with his predatory lustfully wild eyes. "I am not going to let you walk out of my life, Kagome!"

"Oh, and how are you going to stop me?" She swallowed hard as her heart beat increased. Her body was responding to his aggressiveness in a way she didn't like. How dare it accept him without her concent."

"Simple. I am going to trust you."

"Nani?" His response made no sense. Before she had the chance to back away any further, he had caught her in his grasp and locked his lips with hers. Kagome was infuriated, but with her body for responding to his soft caresses. His lips were subtle with need and unleashed passion, and her own lips had the crazed desire to release it.

"Listen, and listen well because I will never repeat what I'm going to say. I was wrong not to confide in you." Her eyes shot open. He was actually apologizing. That was new. "It will never happen again." He kissed her painfully slow as he explored a trail from her lips, down her neck, and up to the back of her ear. "I love you, and I am willing to do anything to keep you."

"Inu Yasha…" she half-whispered.

"You're my bitch."

"Inu Yasha!" She complained regaining her bearings.

"And I'm your alpha male." He smiled as he leaned down for another kiss.

"I don't know if I can do this, Inu Yasha." She stated as she pulled away.

"Keh, all I'm asking for is a chance to make things right. No one is fucking perfect, Kagome!" He took a deep breath to cool his temper.

"I had a lot of time to think on the flight here," he began taking out the ring once again.

"Inu Yasha, no…not that."

"Would you listen, woman? We may not be ready for marriage…yet, but I want to make a promise to you with this ring. If you let me, I'll get us ready."

Kagome looked at the ring with disbelief. She felt as if she was having an outer body experience as she saw her hand reach out to his and accept the ring. Without thinking about it, she put it on the chain with the glowing Shikon no Tama. She didn't realize it when Inu Yasha trapped her into a strong embraze, or when her arms wrapped around his body.

Kagome Higurashi met Inu Yasha Morrimotto that night in Paris, as he opened himself to her. She knew he was holding back a few things, but that was only natural. She replied the same way, and they made love that night, in more ways than one.

Kagome came out of her trance as an older woman bumped into them. She stared at his eyes once more. He had not hidden his golden eyes with the subduing spell, and she was grateful to be able to look into those golden pools when she spoke to him. She did regret not having his ears to tease, but hey, if she waited any longer, she would lose her nerve. Besides, it had to be here, in the airport. The last three years had been beautiful, but it almost felt like a routine. He had been true to his word and tried to confide as much as possible with her, though she respected his privacy, but there was always a shadow over them. Her doubt, though well concealed, never left her, which is why she had never again been able to play thumb wars.

"Hello beautiful." He kissed her lightly and was surprised to find her deepening the kiss. The kiss soon turned violent as she clung to him trying to taste his soul. She was desperate and demanding, not that it bothered him. The only time this had happened was during the last anniversary of her mother's death. She needed to forget, and he was more than willing to push the pain way.

"Bye 'Gome!" Little Gregory interrupted the kiss. "Tanks for teaching me Tom Wars!" He waved as the mother led him away with a knowing smile.

"You played Thumb Wars with another man? I'm hurt." Inu Yasha teased as he held her tighter nipping the back of her neck, not ashamed of the airport staring at him.

"Inu Yasha," Kagome gasped, "we need to talk."

He froze momentarily before he silenced her with his tongue. Like hell was he going to let her finish that statement! It never ended in anything good. This time he wasn't happy that she was kissing him so breathlessly, as if this was the last time she would be able to kiss him. He smelt the salt water in her eyes and the tension in her body. Through his kiss, he began to beg, "Damn woman, not now…not when we are so damn close to total happiness."

"Inu Yasha…" She gasped for air and he attacked her neck. "Inu Yasha, look at me." She forced his eyes to meet hers. Kami, how she could lose herself in those eyes, even if they looked like they had been caught in the headlights of a tank. She kissed him passionately, but she realized she was only hesitating. "Inu Yasha, I can't do this anymore…I can't live like this." His grip on her tightened, and she gasped for breath. He was a stone wall. "I can't live with this chip on my shoulder anymore…I need more. I want a husband, a wild lover, a father for my children…damn it Inu Yasha, I want someone I can play Thumb Wars with every night!" He stood frozen; didn't she know that he could gladly give her any of those things, if she would only let him?

"Inu Yasha, I want you, but I don't want the baggage we have been carrying the last three years…Inu Yasha, I want a new future, if you would have me." She managed to use his shock to break free of his grasp as she pulled out a ring from her pocket and got down on one knee. "If you are willing to forgive my doubt and insecurities, Inu Yasha…if you are willing to start over, just the two of us, forgetting our past mistakes…if you are willing, then I would be honored if you would agree to marry me." She slipped the blue diamond male band on his finger as he stared in shock. It took him a few seconds to register what she had said: she wasn't leaving him; she wanted to stay.

"Keh, silly girl." He kissed her passionately as the airport's guests broke out in cheers and applause. "But that's why I love you." She smiled at him, with that smile, she only gave him. "Don't ever scare me that way, again."

"Miroku and Sango had a boy."

"I heard, but don't try to change the subject." He released her waist as his hands made their way to hers. "I want to take you up on that offer, completely." He brushed his lips against her as he seductively massaged her thumb. "It's been so long."

"Can't you wait 'til we get to the apartment."

"No!" He teasingly bit her lower lip.

"Here? Now?"

"Hey you are the one that said you wanted a husband, a wild lover…someone to play Thumb Wars with."

"You are incorrigible, Inu Yasha Morrimotto!" She smiled as she took his hand in hers.

"But that's why you love me." He smiled as he threw her bag over his shoulder and slipped an arm around her waist. The Shikon no Tama became completely purified. Linking their hands they walked towards the parking garage saying,

"One, two, three, I declare a Thumb War."

******************************************

HAPPY FIVE MONTH ANIVERSARY REVIEWERS!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :::looks around and notices no one has pitchforks::: I'm glad to see you are all breathing.. This story was fun to write, and I will continue with more work, though, I will graduate college soon, my time may be limited after graduation. You guys can vote on the next story: The Lady of the Crimson land (Sess/ other character) Meet a human woman that can bring Sesshoumaru to his feet. R. Blood, Lots of Angst. Probably epic; Beautiful Miscommunications (Kag/Inu) Kagome is not what she seems, and Inu Yasha can't fail but fall in love with her, R; The Ad (Kag Inu) Got this idea watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding…Arrange marriage and messed up newspaper ads, R. Bloopers will be out soon. PS. Even with Vertigo, Meche corrected the chapter. Cheers for her.