InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Till There Was You ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Till There Was You

A/N: This story is based on a foreign movie I've watched. Which I do not own! At first I didn't know who to choose: Inuyasha or Sesshoumaru. Don't get me wrong I like both pairings equally, but in the end I think Inuyasha was better for the part.

Summary: An alternate universe about intertwined lives of feisty but directionless Kagome and a single father Inuyasha. On a fateful bus ride, Inuyasha sits next to Kagome who constantly connects with his crying baby. On the next stop, she leaves a picture behind. The picture is the only memory they will have of her. This is the last Inuyasha or the baby sees of her. Or so they thought? Through the years, Kagome's innocent picture was used to create stories of an absentee but heroic mom. And as fate will have it, Aiko crosses paths with the real Kagome. This leaves Inuyasha with no choice to hire Kagome to pretend as mother and wife. What kind of chaos can generate?

Disclaimer: Do not own the movie 'Till There Was You' or 'Inuyasha'.

…:|:…

Prologue

…:|:…

You can never know that one little mistake can change your life forever, but it's sometimes not always a terrible thing. Your own fairy tale can start to happen when the worst has happen to you. You might not see it coming, but you will notice it sooner or later...

…:|:…

The summer day was sunny, hot, and there was no cloud in the blue sky. However there was a cool, light breeze running through the countryside of Japan and a bus is seen steering down the endless freeway heading to the city. Seemed like a perfect day for anybody…all but one person. For life was cruel and hectic just for him…or so he assumed. Peering through the tinted windows of the bus, a young man is seated next to a window. He has stunning amber eyes, and shoulder-length silver hair. Any woman would be drooling a mile away by his handsome features. By his appearance and intense face, you can guess he was troubled by something. He takes out a cellular phone from his pocket.

"Mother…There's a problem."

Beside him, an infant is settled on a seat and crying her heart out oblivious to her annoyed father. He stares inaudibly at his child then turns away to let out a distress sigh. The bus continues to drive pass rural households, and then it descends to a suburban county. The baby in spite of everything continues to piercingly weep.

As fate gaze on, the bus comes to a stop to let in one young woman. She has long ebony hair and smoky gray eyes. She was beautiful considering her young age. She is wearing a light, white sundress which ends right above her knees. She holds a small book clasp in her folded hands and retains an appearance of tranquility. She walks down the aisle to sit in the only available seat in the bus.

It's also across from the crying baby who suddenly takes notice of the young woman. The young lady hears sobs of a child to her right. She finds a baby looking at her with much wonderment, she replies with a smile. Like a mother's touch, the baby ceases crying at seeing a beautiful smile lit on the young woman's face. The lady leans over to caress the baby's tiny hand. "Hi Baby." The infant looks intently with disappearing tears. "Hello...you're so cute!" The young lady continues to coo the baby, causing the infant to chuckle in glee.

The young father, still staring out the window, suddenly hears his baby's lively giggles. He turns and is taken aback to see a gorgeous young female amusing his daughter. The young lady evidently becomes aware of the man's stare. She kindheartedly smiles in return. The man rudely turns away with no expression or knowledgement of the lady's smile. The young woman knowingly smiles, releases the baby's hand, and twist toward the window to her left. The baby, in high spirits, continues to chuckle as she continues to gaze upon the woman.

The bus comes to a sudden stop and the young lady in white stands to exit the bus. However, she disregards her book left on the seat. The lady departs the bus, and the little one starts whimpering…watching the youthful woman walk off. Her cries become a loud wailing and the adolescent father turns to look at his offspring. Behind his little one, he spots a small book on the seat the young female was recently on. He leans over grabbing the book and looks at the front of the bus, which the lady has already exited.

"Miss!"

The lady walks away as the bus is departing to its scheduled destination. The man stands up with the book pressed on the window. He starts banging on the window trying to gain the lady's attention.

"Miss!"

The lady turns around as the bus is slowly driving away, but takes no heed of the man banging and shouting in the bus.

The bus drives on and the unknown woman is out of sight…

Defeat is upon the man's face while he settles back in his seat. He finally takes a chance to see the book's title: Bluff Your Way Into Theatre. He opens the book to the title page and finds a picture of the book's owner. It was a high school graduation picture of the young woman.

The young male shuts the book, but takes out the photo to gaze at it closely.

The bus drives on and on, away from the young lady…

The young man wonders if he'll see her again one day…

…:|:…

A/N: I know it's short, but it's the prologue. I promise my awful writing will get better! Please review ^___^