InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Time Is The Enemy of Mortals ❯ Remembrances (drabble) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not proclaim to own any of the characters from the InuYasha anime or manga.
 
AN: This drabble was written for an iyfic_contest at LiveJournal. Subject: Anniversary.
 
 
Title: Remembrances
Rating: G
Words: 250 (MS Word)
Summary: Sometimes anniversaries are bittersweet.
 
 
He did not know how many years had passed. Each year, on this same day, he trekked to this spot. Every year, on the anniversary, he remembered.
 
He remembered how she found him and tried to help him, even though he said that he did not want it. He remembered her smile when he asked what happened, though she never spoke a word. And he remembered scenting her blood on the wind before he found her little body torn and battered, ravaged by wolves. He would forever remember Tenseiga pulsing at his side, requesting to be drawn.
 
Though he hated to admit it, the life of the stoic demon lord had changed in that instant. As the girl's heart started to beat and she took a breath, he helped her stand. From that day forward he had been slightly tempered by the young child that always followed him, always obeyed him.
 
The years passed by and she stayed with him, refusing to leave him for the more conventional companionship she could have found in a human village. He had given his permission, even though it would have been difficult for him to see her go. Instead, she stayed by his side, growing into a proper lady and beautiful woman.
 
She had never married, saying she wanted no man. But she had not died alone, because when it was time, he was by her side. And every year, on the anniversary of her death, Sesshomaru comes to visit with his Rin.