InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Time Mix-Up ❯ Almost... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright since there's going to be 2 Inuyasha's in this chapter, the Inuyasha from the past is going to have a "~" before and after his name so you can tell the difference, the Inuyasha form the future is just going to be Inuyasha, I know it's stupid, but I don't know what else to do...lol So if anyone has any suggestions please tell me. ^_^ I dont own Inuyasha....so dont sue me or anything.

________________________________________________________________ _________________

Inuyasha stopped in his tracks as soon as he saw Kikyo and what looked like himself.

"Kikyo?" Inuyasha said almost in disbelief, her scent was human, it was like she was back to normal.

"What the hell is going on?! First the girl in the weird clothes comes, now him." ~Inuyasha~ said gesturing to the other Inuyasha.

"Wait! Is this one of Naraku's tricks?! I swear when I get my hands on that bastard-"
"This isn't a trick, it's real. I think we might have traveled too far back or something." Kagome said.

"What? How? Kagome! What did you do?!" Inuyasha yelled.

"I didn't do anything! I came back through the well like I usually do and ended up here." she explained. Inuyasha didn't know what to say. He focused his attention on Kikyo, it had been so long since he had seen her like that.

"Well, what are we supposed to do now?" he asked Kagome.

"I don't know....We could try jumping back through the well and see what happens." Kagome said.

"You can't leave yet, I want to know more about this demon you called Naraku." Kikyo said.

________________________________________________________________ __________________

Once they had explained the whole story about how Naraku tricked Inuyasha and Kikyo into betraying eachother and how Kikyo had been brought back to life without a soul. Kikyo's face had a look of surprise when they mentioned how she had wanted to kill Inuyasha in the future. It was as if the very thought of that was absurd, Kagome had never seen Kikyo this peacful. She looked at Inuyasha's face, she knew it was hurting him to see his other self with her.

' He's probably still in love with her...' she thought to herself sadly.

"Am I so weak in the future that I have to use a sword to protect myself?" ~Inuyasha~ asked looking at the Tetsusaiga.

"This sword can bring down even some of the strongest demons, including Sesshomaru." Inuyasha said cockily.

"You mean you killed Sesshomaru?" ~Inuyasha~asked impressed.

"Not yet, but everytime we fight he takes off running. It's that damned sword of his that keeps me from kiling him." Inuyasha said with a smirk as he withdrew the Tetsusaiga.

"That thing looks like a piece of junk if you ask me." ~Inuyasha~ said.

"Feh. I'll show you what this 'piece of junk' can do." Inuyasha said as he walked outside the other Inuyasha followed.

"He even gets into arguements with himself." Kagome muttered. Kikyo smiled.

"So, are you and Inuyasha....are you two together?" she asked hesitantly. Kagome's face turned red.

"What-no-no were not together..." she said shaking her head.

"I was just curious, he seems to get along with you well." she said

"Believe me, we don't always get along like this." she said that's when she remembered the fight she and him had. She had completely forgotten about him calling her a 'shard detector'. That's when she saw a bright flash of light out the window. Her and Kikyo went outside to see both Inuyasha's standing outside, the future one holding the Tetsusaiga.

"Inuyasha! You can't practice with the Tetsusaiga out here! You could hit someone!" Kagome yelled.

"I know what I'm doing! You can't tell me what I can and can't do." he called back. Kagome growled with anger.

"SIT BOY!" she yelled, and Inuyasha went face-first into the dirt. Kikyo tried to hold in her laughter. ~Inuyasha~ just stood there for a minute with a surprised look on his face.

"What the hell was that?" ~Inuyasha~ asked. Kagome walked up to Inuyasha.

"Which reminds me, you still owe me an apology for calling me a 'shard detector'." she said more calmly.

"What?! You're still mad about that?" he said sitting up.

"Why shouldn't I be?" she asked still angry.

"You can't just take off whenever you feel like it." he growled.

"Why should I have to stay and look for jewel shards with you, I have a life of my own you know!" she shot back at him.

"Fine go back! It'll be less trouble for me if you left anyway!" he yelled.

"FINE!! I'm going home!" she yelled as she turned around and started walking toward the well.

"Hey! Kagome wait! I didn't mean-" Inuyasha said walking after her.

"Leave me alone! SIT! SIT! SIT!" she yelled, still walking. Inuyasha was pounded into the ground. By the time Kagome had reached the forest and she was sure none of the others could see her she broke into a run. She ran tears were streaking down her face.

'I don't need to take this anymore, if he dosn't want me around and just considers me a "shard detector" then I must not be that important to him anyway' she thought to herself. She had finally gotten to the well and wiped the tears off her face. She stood there not really knowing if she should go in or not.

________________________________________________________________ ___________________

Inuyasha lifted himself up off the ground, wiping the dirt off himself.

"Damn these things." Inuyasha said grasping the beads around his neck.

"Prayer beads." Kikyo said looking at the beads around his neck.

"Did Kagome put these on you?" she asked.

"No, it was that old hag Kaede." Inuyasha said remembering the day she had cursed him with the necklace.

"So what, anytime that girl Kagome says the word 'sit' you get a face full of dirt?" ~Inuyasha~ asked.

"Yeah, pretty much. Where did Kagome go anyway?" Inuyasha said looking around.

"She went into the forest." Kikyo answered.

"Dammit. I'll be back." he said as he ran after her. He managed to catch up to her just as she was about to get into the well.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha called to her. She just stood there.

"I told you to leave me alone." she said.

"Kagome wait-"

"You said it would be less trouble for you if I left, so I'm leaving, why should I be by someone who dosen't even want me around?" she asked turning to face him, her eyes were starting to water.

"Look I-it just slipped out, I didn't mean that I don't want you around....I was just mad is all." he admitted.

"I'm going home." she said as she turned to go Inuyasha grabbed her wrist and turned her around.

"No your not!" he said but when he saw her face, tears were flooding out. He stopped.

"Kagome..." She just looked at the ground. He pulled her close and hugged her.

"I'm sorry....I didn't mean to....injure your feelings..." he said. She looked up at him. He put his hand under her chin and pulled her face up to hers, his lips almost touched hers when an explosion came from the village. They both stopped. Kagome immediatley pulled away realizing what almost happened her face turned red.

"Demons..." Inuyasha said.

"Huh?" Kagome look at him.

"We have to go." he said. She nodded, as she climbed on his back and they took off.