InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Time Mix-Up ❯ Torn ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, its been a while since I've updated, and I know you probably dont want to hear my excuses. So I'll just get straight to the story. This is chapter 3, hope u like it! I dont own Inuyasha either...

________________________________________________________________ __________________

Inuyasha and Kagome reached the village they saw what had to be atleast 50 demons attacking the village.

"Where did all these demons come from? We were only gone a few minutes." Inuyasha said.

"Inuyasha look!" Kagome said as she pointed at Kikyo and the other Inuyasha. Most of the demons seemed to be focusing their attacks on them.

"Their probably after the Sacred Jewel." Inuyasha said.

"C'mon lets help them." Kagome said as she hopped off his back and started to run towards the village.

"Wait! What do you think you're doing?! You dont even have a bow and arrow, how do you expect to do anything?" Inuyasha asked.

"Well we can't just sit here!" she said already running to the village.

"Are you listening to me? Kag- HEY! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING? KAGOME! COME BACK HERE!" Inuyasha yelled angrily. He growled in annoyance as he ran after her.

Kagome ran into the village, there were people and demons running everywhere. She immediately focused her attention on a two kids who were about to be attacked by some kind of giant beetle demon.

"Oh no!" she said she had no weapon to stop it either, she looked on the ground for something to save them with there was nothing, so she picked up a rock and threw it at the beetle, it stopped, she let out a sigh of relief, until it turned around looking for the culprit who hit it with a rock.

"Uh-oh...maybe that wasn't the best idea." as she said as she began to run only to trip over something on the ground. The bug was approaching her fast, it lunged at her with is giant pinchers. She screamed. All of a sudden the bug had been slashed into pieces, she looked up to see Inuyasha with the Tetsusaiga drawn.

"Feh. You should have waited for me." he said glaring at her.

"Look out!" Kagome yelled pointing behind him. Inuyasha whipped around to see a very ugly looking demon with huge glossy eyes and jagged teeth behind him. The demon was about to attack when ~Inuyasha~

attacked it, ripping it to pieces.

"Are you guys just going to stand there? Or are you going to help us?" ~Inuyasha~ asked in an annoyed tone.

"I can take care of all these demons with one stroke of the Tetsusaiga." Inuyasha said arrogantly.

"Oh really? Then why dont you quit bragging about it and do it already?!" ~Inuyasha~ growled.

"Heh. Watch and learn." Inuyasha said as he began to search for the Wind Scar.

There it is. He thought to himself, and swung the Tetsusaiga at a group of demons in front of him, there was a big flash of light, after all the dust had cleared there was nothing left of the demons but a small crater.

"They just keep coming." Kikyo said walking up to them.

"They probably sense both of the Shikon Jewels." Kagome said.

"Maybe I could set up a barrier, Kagome, could you assist me?" She asked.

"Yeah." Kagome said as she nodded.

"You two will have to keep the demons away from the village for as long as possible while were setting up the barrier, it takes time and concentration." Kiyko explained to both of the Inuyasha's.

"All right, let's go." Inuyasha said, as they both ran off towards the forest.

"Here, you'll need this, just in case they miss any." Kikyo said as she handed a bow and arrow to Kagome. "Thanks." Kagome said with a smile.

By the time they managed to set up the barrier, it was starting to get dark.

"Whew. I didn't realize how much work that would take." Kagome said as she and Kikyo walked towards one of the huts. Luckily, most of the houses in the village had been spared, and there were only a few casualties.

"Yes, it does require alot of mental strain. Are you a priestess?" Kikyo asked.

"I wanted to ask you earlier, but I didn't have the chance." she continued.

"Well.....kind of." Kagome said not really knowing how to explain it. "It's not official, but I do have some of the powers of a priestess, like for example I can purify tainted jewel shards." she explained.

"With some training, I'm sure you could become a powerful priestess." Kikyo said.

"You think so?" Kagome asked as they entered the hut, she had never really thought of becoming an actual priestess, most of the time people just assumed that's what she was. They entered the house to see a young Kaede helping to patch up both of the Inuyasha's wounds, which didn't look very serious, just a few scratches and bruises here and there.

"Are you guys ok?" Kagome asked setting down her bow and arrow.

"Yeah, were fine. None of those demons were very tough anyways." Inuyasha replied.

"Did you complete the barrier?" ~Inuyasha~ asked.

"Yes, it should at least last until morning." Kikyo asnwered.

"We should get some rest, we have to be ready to go find Naraku tomorrow." Inuyasha said standing up. They all agreed and got situated for bed. Kagome, Kikyo and Kaede slept in the house, while the two Inuyasha's slept outside.

________________________________________________________________ _________________

Miroku, Sango and Shippo, waited restlessly by Bone Eater's well. Shippo let out a sigh as he sat next to the well, tinkering with some leaves he found on the ground. They had been waiting all day and had already gone to Kaede's village twice to see if they had somehow missed them coming back.

"What's taking them so long!?" Shippo asked impatiently.

"Something's wrong. It shouldn't have taken this long for them to return." Miroku said.

"But what could have happened? Kagome's says demons do not wander around in her time as they do here." Sango said hopeful that the cause of their delay was nothing to worry about.

"Maybe Naraku is behind this, he may of found out about Kagome and somehow traveled through the well, he has plenty of Jewel shards to do it with." Miroku said his eyes staring intently at the well.

"Maybe that light we saw earlier has something to do with it." Sango said still deep in thought.

"It's getting dark, we should head back to the village and ask Kaede's opinion." Miroku said they all agreed, and they headed back to the village.

________________________________________________________________ ________________

Inuyasha climbed into a tree, after getting comfortable he began to think about Kikyo, he hadn't really spoken to her since he arrived here, which was weird since had about a million things to say to her. But there were some problems with that, #1. Kagome was here, and if he told Kikyo how he really felt Kagome would get upset and leave, but he was begining to wonder if he still even loved like he use to. He just didn't know anymore. If they had been in love like he really thought they were, how was their trust broken so easily?

I couldn't tell her how I felt even if I wanted too. This Kikyo is not the one from my era, I couldn't be with her anyway. This is not the same Kikyo I know, the one that cursed me to a tree for fifty years.

#2. There was his other self, which was also in love with Kikyo. His mind got confused even thinking about that. Then there was that scene earlier with Kagome, he had almost kissed her. What had gotten into him? Sure there were a few times when he would let his thoughts wandered to it, but he would never be so bold as to try it, he wasn't quite sure what kind of feelings Kagome had for him, so until he was sure she loved him he wouldnt try anything.

It was Kikyo.... he thought to himself. Seeing her alive and human again had brought back all those feelings he had tried so hard to block out. When he looked at Kagome he saw Kikyo....but Kagome wasn't Kikyo, she was nothing like her except in looks. He wanted to change all of the terrible events Naraku had caused, but then he began to wonder what would happen to Kagome? It dosen't matter, even if we did manage to kill the Naraku of this era, the Naraku form my era will still be there when we return. But there was a part of him that wanted his other self to meet Kagome, she had changed him without him even knowing it. After he met Kagome everything changed, slowly he began to trust people more, if it weren't for her he wouldn't have getten the Tetsusaiga, the only way he was able to even get the thing to transform was because he had wanted to protect her. He also wouldn't of befriended Shippo, Sango and Miroku either. A small smirk formed on his lips, as much as they could annoy him sometimes, mostly Shippo, they were useful in battle and, he liked having them around, he would never admit that, of course. Even the little kitsune had his good points, brat. He sighed.

I don't want to think about this anymore. He thought to himself as he put his head down and tried to go to sleep.

________________________________________________________________ _________________

Kagome sleepily followed the others away from the village, still trying to rub all the sleep out of her eyes. At the crack of dawn Inuyasha had come and woken them up to get going. Both of the Inuyasha's had been reluctant to bring Kaede, but Kikyo talked them into it, with a little help from Kagome herself. The five of them walked for a little while when Kagome stopped and gasped. Realizing that she had completely forgotten about Shippo and the others.

"Inuyasha! We forgot about Sango, Shippo and Miroku!" Kagome said quickly, now flooded with guilt for letting herself forget about them. He stopped and looked up, he looked like he was thinking about something. "Oh, yeah, I guess we did." he said calmly, he had just been thinking about them last night, and didn't even realize that they were probably worried about him and Kagome.

"Well, it's too late now." he said with a shrug. Kagome was going to yell at him for being so inconsiderate but realized he was right, it would take up too much time to walk all the way through the forest to the well just to tell them they would be gone for a while, pointless. She had to remember to bring them all something special back from her own time, she knew how much shippo liked the toys and candy she frequently brought him.

"You say the one you call Sango, is a demon slayer?" Kikyo asked, remembering the stories they had told her about their companions they traveled with.

"Yeah." Inuyasha answered wondering what she was getting at.

"I ask because the village that put the Shikon jewel in my care, was a village of demon slayers." she explained looking from Inuyasha to Kagome to see if there was any connection or just a coincidence.

"Oh! That's right! Sango did say her village gave you the Shikon Jewel! I completely forgot about that!" Kagome said she had been forgetting a lot of things today....

"The jewel originally came from some inside some priestess who could purify demons souls. There is a cavern in the village that has her mumified body with hundreds demons surrounding her." Inuyasha said.

"What? Why are their demons in their with a mumified body?" ~Inuyasha~ asked a little grossed out by the thought.

"Their mumified with her, as they tried to devour her she pulled out their souls along with her own. And it turned into the Shikon Jewel." Kagome explained as best she could, trying to remember what Sango had told her. Both ~Inuyasha~ and Kikyo had asked a few more questions about the origins of the Shikon Jewel. Kagome was surprised that the village hadn't filled Kikyo in with this information when they had placed it in her care, but was still happy to tell her all she knew. After a few minutes the conversation died down, and it was silent again.

They continued to walk and Kagome could see a man ahead of them walking down the same path as them, but he was coming towards them, she immediatley noticed that he looks familiar, but can't quite tell where she has seen him. She could tell Inuyasha thought he looked familiar too, by the way he looked at him, while Kikyo and ~Inuyasha~ didn't really seem to notice. When them man was closer she could see that he looked between the ages of about 17-20, he was wearing black and dark blue robes, he had dark violet eyes, almost black looking, and his long dark hair was tied back in a pony-tail that reached half-way down his back, and his long bangs along with it. He carried a staff which Kagome knew she had seen before but was still drawing a blank. The man smiled.

"Hello. What a strange group of travelers you appear to be." he said. "I have never seen twin brothers and-" he said looking from the two Inuyasha's over to Kikyo and Kagome. "- two sisters as lovely as yourself traveling together." he continued moving past the two half-demons to the girls. Both the Inuyasha's looked at him suspiciously. He immediatley noticed the Shikon Jewel around Kikyo's neck. "You are the priestess that protects the Shkion Jewel? I never thought some one as beautiful as you would be guarding the Sacred Jewel." he said grabbing one of Kikyo's hands in his own, as Kikyo's face turned a light shade of pink. Kagome looked over to see both Inuyasha's, specifically the one of this era, his face reddened with anger.

"Yes, it is I who watch over the jewel." Kikyo said quickly pulling her hand out of his. Then focusing his attention on Kagome, also noticing the Jewel fragment around her neck.

"That gem around your neck looks very similar to the Sacred Jewel." he said to Kagome, but before she could even answer he grabbed her hand, "You are just as beautiful as your sister. You are a priestess I gather by the strange clothes you wear." he said looking at her red and green school uniform.

"I have a favor to ask, you see, I have been cursed by a horrendous demon, and unfortunatly this curse promises my demise soon, and i was wondering if a young lady as yourself might bear my children?" Kagome sweatdroped at the oh so repeated pick-up line she heard almost everytime they had went into a village with a pretty girl in it , her face was a bright crimson, now she knew why he looked so familiar! It was Miroku's grandfather!

________________________________________________________________ __________________

Ok, I hope you guys liked this chapter! Please review, and I'll try to update soon, (but I'm not promising anything! So don't get mad if takes longer than expected.) Thanks to all the ppl that read this story and give me reviews! ^_^