InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Time Mix-Up ❯ Intermission ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi ppls! This is Chapter 4, I know I havent updated in like a year….hehe So for all of you that still read this fanfic, thanks for staying with me ^^; and I hope you enjoy this chapter. AND I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA! IM NOT SAYING IT AGAIN!

_________________________________________________________________ ____

Kagome and Inuyasha both sweat dropped when they realized who they were talking to.

“My apologies, I have forgotten to give you my name, I am Miatsu, a monk looking only for a beautiful woman to bear my children….” he trailed off, still holding Kagome’s hand in his, while his other hand creeped around to her backside. Kagome let out a shriek as she, as a reflex gained from spending time with Miroku, smacked him across the face.

“Keep your hands off of her!” Inuyasha yelled protectively as he jumped between Miatsu and Kagome, feeling a slight dejavu, probably because when they first met Miroku he was constantly groping at Kagome, and Inuyasha always had to chase him away from her. It wasn’t until they met Sango, that he quit hitting on Kagome as much.

“Oh, I’m terribly sorry, I had no idea she was your woman!” the monk said taking a step back. Kagome and Inuyasha’s faces both took on a shade of red.

“It’s not like that!” Inuysha argued.

“Oh, well by the way you acted I presumed you were lovers…” Kagome’s face was now a very bright crimson. Yes, he has to be Miroku’s Grandfather…..I’m sure of it. She thought to herself, as Miatsu made his way back over to Kikyo.

“What about you Lady Priestess?-” but before he could even finish ~Inuyasha~ stepped next to Kikyo.

“No.” ~Inuyasha~ stated simply, but there was a hint of hostility in it, that made Miatsu decide to back off. Little Kaede watched all this play out with curiosity.

“Well, this is most unfortunate, two beautiful women and I can’t have either of them….” he said with a sigh.

“Hey,” Kagome said, trying to change the subject, “You said you were cursed by a demon right? Maybe we can help you.”

“Oh, yes, this demon is very powerful and very cunning, he is not to be taking lightly. He can change form at his own free will, and look like anything or anyone…“he was much more serious now as he explained what happened.

“I had been visiting a village not too far from here, I was in the local teahouse, when a very beautiful woman entered, I was too stunned by her beauty to realize the treachery she had planned. I had heard stories, and I assumed that eventually a village Headmaster would ask me to dispose of him, in exchange of course, for a hefty sum, well apparently the fiend had predicted that same thing, for it was him in the guise of a woman.” Inuyasha scoffed, “That figures…” he mumbled. Miatsu ignored him and continued his story.

“When I was most vulnerable, he placed a curse upon my hand, which now has a void that grows bigger with each passing day, until it destroys me….So you can see my rush to continue my lineage, and to get revenge on this despicable demon, this Naraku…”

___________________________________________________ ________________

“Its been almost a whole day now, Kaede don’t you think we should do something? What if their in trouble? They might need us!” Shippo said to Kaede in a worried tone.

“Be patient Shippo, if they have not returned by the time Sango and Miroku get back, we’ll then go after them.” The small kitsune let out a sigh and sat down on the floor, unable to do anything but think about his missing friends.

About 45 minutes later, his sensitive fox ears picked up the sound of footsteps coming towards the hut.

“Were back!” Sango’s voiced called as they walked through the door, Kilala on her shoulder, and Miroku following behind her.

“Did you find anything?!” Shippo asked quickly.

“No, nothing.” Miroku said shaking his head.

“What are we going to do?” Shippo asked on the verge of tears.

“What if their…if their-” Shippo was interrupted by Miroku.

“I have an idea.”

“Yes, what is it?” Kaede asked.

“Well, Kagome and Inuyasha haven’t returned, meaning they must still be in Kagome’s Era. And if Naraku has indeed followed them there, they might be in need of our help, so we must waste no time.”

“How exactly do you plan on getting there? Kagome and Inuyasha are the only ones able to travel through the well.” Kaede said as though they didn’t know.

“Yes well, I’ve been thinking, the only way Kagome was able to travel through the well was with a fragment of the sacred jewel, without one she is unable to travel between the two worlds. And none of us has ever tried to go through the well, so maybe if we had a jewel shard, we would be able to get through.”

“I know Lady Kagome is the only one of us able to sense the shards, so….”

“So?” Sango asked wanting him to continue.

“Well, I predicted something like this might happen someday, so I took the precaution of guarding a shard myself, with the consent of Kagome first, of course.” he explained.

“You’re telling me you have a jewel shard? How did you keep demons from coming after it?” Shippo asked. Miroku reached into his sleeve and pulled out a small linen sack, covered in sutras. “I kept it hidden with sacred sutras, they wouldn’t work to cover the power of a whole Shikon Jewel, but they work well for a small sliver like this.”

“What are we waiting for? Let’s get going!” Shippo called out excitedly.

_____________________________________________________________ _________

 

“Naraku? Isn‘t that the guy were looking for?” ~Inuyasha~ said looking at his future self and Kikyo’s reincarnation, that was the demon they had been going on and on about.

“Heh. Yeah, that’s him. When did you last see him?” Inuyasha asked Miatsu.

“Not for a very long time, I heard a rumor of a village over to the east that’s having problems with demon’s, I was going to look there.”

“East? We just came from that direction, were not going back!” ~Inuyasha~ said stubbornly.

“But what Naraku really is over there? You don’t want to let him get away do you?” Kagome asked.

“Well if he’s so bent on tearing Kikyo and me apart then all we have to do is wait for him to show up.” he stated.

“We should go back.” Kikyo said

“I can’t take Kaede with me if this Naraku is as dangerous as you say. We’ll need to leave her in the village where its safe.”

“But sister-”

“No Kaede. I mean it. You can’t come with me this time.” The young priestess-in-training nodded, obviously disappointed.

__________________________________________________________ ____________

It didn’t take them too long to get back to the village, but it certainly was a delay. Which made both Inuyasha’s aggravated. After talking to the village elders, they agreed to take care of Kaede for a little while. Kaede was not happy about it, “If you follow us Kaede, I will end your training as a priestess, understand?” Kikyo asked her.

“Yes sister Kikyo…” Kaede agreed. Kikyo thanked the elders for watching her and they were on their way.

They walked for a while in silence. ~Inuyasha~ watched Kikyo and the girl called Kagome. He didn’t know how she could be Kikyo’s reincarnation, they were nothing alike. Maybe, he would admit, they looked similar, a little, and the girl did seem to have some spiritual powers. But personality wise, they were complete opposites. Kikyo was always so calm, quiet, and intelligent. Kagome was an idiot, and full of emotion, which he had seen taken out on his future counterpart a few times, especially when she was angry….with the ‘Sit’ technique. Whenever he got a moment away from the two women he would have to ask his future self how he was able to stand her. Because from what he could tell, this girl would just get in the way…..he had been so lost in his thoughts that he almost didn’t notice that both Kikyo and Kagome had stopped, and just barely stopped himself from running into them.

“What is it?” Inuyasha asked.

“I sense the sacred jewel. But how is that possible? I have the whole Shikon no Tama right here, unless….” Kikyo said looking from her jewel to the fragmented piece around Kagome’s neck.

“It must be Naraku!” Inuyasha said as Kagome hopped on his back “Which way is it?” he asked as Kagome pointed him in the direction. Kikyo didn’t expect Inuyasha to carry Kagome on his back like that….it just wasn’t something she thought he would do. But before she had time to think about it anymore they were gone, Miatsu trailing behind them. ~Inuyasha~ looked at Kikyo, “Uhh…I could carry you like that if you want…” Kikyo just looked a him, not quite sure what to say….

____________________________________________________________ __________

Kagome and Inuyasha arrived to see a small, pale figure standing in the clearing, along with a slightly taller figure, it wasn’t until they got closer did they realize that they were looking at Kanna and Kohaku.

So the jewel fragment I sensed was Kohaku’s…Kagome thought to herself.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Inuyasha asked in his usually tone. Kohaku just stood with a blank stare, while Kanna was fidgetting with her mirror.

“Hey I’m talking to you!” he said walking closer as his hand grasped the Tetsusaiga. Then suddenly familiar white ape furs appeared from the shadows….

“Hello Inuyasha, or maybe I should say Inuyasha’s…“ Kagome turned to see ~Inuyasha~ and Kikyo had caught up to them, as well as Miatsu.

“Naraku….I knew you had something to do with this.”

“And I see you even found the monk….how convenient. Now I can get rid of you all at once.” and with that, the Saimyosho as well as a hoard of other demons bombarded them. Miatsu went to use his wind tunnel, “No stop!” Kagome called to him. “Don’t use your wind tunnel! Those insects are poisonous, they will kill you if you suck them in!” He quickly stopped, “What?” he asked wanting he to explain this to him more.

“Naraku created those flying insects specifically for your wind tunnel, so that you couldn’t use it against him.”

“Well, I guess I’ll just have to fight without it then.” he said as he pulled sutras out from his sleeves along with some purification salt. Inuyasha used the Windscar, while Kagome and Kikyo used sacred arrows. They had cleared almost all of them out when Naraku decided to make his exit, Kanna and Kohaku had already left sometime during their battle.

“You’re not getting away that easily! Get back here!” Inuyasha called as though that would make him stop, while he and his counterpart chased after him.

“I think their all gone.” Kagome said searching the area, there were so many demon parts everywhere it was hard to tell. Suddenly she could feel the ground shaking as a giant worm-like demon came from the ground, and Miatsu was right in its path.

“Look out!” Kagome shouted but by the time her words reached him it was too late, he turned around just in time to see his it, but not quick enough to do anything about it. When suddenly a giant boomerang came whizzing through the forest, taking down all the trees in its path, and cut the worm in half, its mangled body fell to the ground. Kagome watched as the boomerang came whirling back to the hands of its owner, along with a monk, and a small kitsune….

________________________________________________________ _____________

So what do you think? Plz review ^.^ I hope you guys liked it, Im sorry it took so long to update…..I’ll try to get the next one up soon…(like you haven’t heard that before)