InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Time Mix-Up ❯ Dinner Time ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here’s Chapter 5. Sorry for the delay….so enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________ ____

 

“Sango, Miroku, Shippo!” Kagome squealed happily as she ran over to them.

“How did you get here?!” She asked quickly.

“We came through the well the same way you did, and ended up here, we used the shard of the jewel you lended to me.” Miroku explained.

“These are friends of yours?” Miatsu inquired stepping closer.

“Yeah, they came from the same era as Inuyasha, err, well, one of the Inuyasha’s.” she said trying to figure out the words to explain the situation.

“It’s nice to meet you, my name is Kikyo.” Kikyo said with small bow.

“Kikyo…?” Shippo said looking at Kagome with a puzzled look on his face.

“This is a different Kikyo, before she died.” she answered.

“And I am monk Miatsu, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” he said as he glided over to Sango, Miroku had the strangest look on his face, as he realized who this was.

“So what did you say your name was Miss…?” he said grabbing Sango’s hand.

“I must know the name of such a beautiful woman.”

“I didn’t….and I’d appreciate it if you let go of my hand…” she said pulling her hand away, but before Miatsu could say anymore Miroku intervened.

“Excuse me,” Miroku interrupted. “but did you say your name was Miatsu?”

“Yes, that’s me.” he said, like he had just noticed Miroku’s existence.

“You look familiar, have we met before?” he said examining Miroku, that’s when he noticed his right arm.

“Those beads on your arm. You have a cursed hand as well?” Miatsu said holding up his own right arm.

“Yes, it was passed down from my grandfather, who was given the curse by Naraku…..” Miroku explained hoping he ould put two and two together and figure out who he was. Miatsu sat there for a moment in deep thought, and then popped out with; “Wow what a coincidence huh?” They all sweat dropped.

“Coincidence?! He’s your grandson!” Kagome exclaimed, almost shouting. Miatsu stood there with a blank look.

“Oh, I suppose that does make sense….I was wondering why he looked so familiar.” he muttered, while Shippo stifled a laugh.

“So you’re my grandson? Well I should at least know your name.”

“My name is Miroku, this is Shippo and that’s Sango” Miroku said pointing the Shippo and Sango. That’s when Miatsu turned his attention back to Sango.

“Ah Sango, what a beautiful name.” He said as a walked back over to her, clasping both her hands in his. “Lady Sango, I have a terrible dilemma, you see, I was cursed by that sly demon Naraku and with each passing day I come closer and closer to my demise, and I’ve been in search of a beautiful young woman to bear my children before it’s too late, and so I was wondering….” he continued to hit on her as his hand slided up her backside. Sango quickly getting more and more aggravated.

SMACK!

A red hand mark appeared across Miatsu’e face. He stood up to retain his posture and brushed of his clothes.

“A simple ‘no’ would’ve been fine” he stated calmly.

“Pervert….” she mumbled glaring at him.

“It’s a losing battle my friend.” Miroku said to Miatsu with a sigh.

This little scene was interrupted when both Inuyasha’s came walking back into the clearing, not looking especially happy.

“Hey look theres two Inuyasha’s!” Shippo said pointing at the 2 of them.

“What the hell? How did you three get here?” Inuyasha said obviously surprised to see his 3 old companions.

“You know them, I’m guessing” ~Inuyasha said flatly. The half-breed scoffed at his other self’s comment, was he always that damn sarcastic? All three of them just stared.

“Did you guys get Naraku?” Kagome asked. ~Inuyasha~ scoffed, this girl was a complete idiot.

“What do you think?” ~Inuyasha~ growled. Kagome didn’t look to surprised at his rudeness, she just rolled her eyes. She’s probably used to it… he thought to himself, wondering how his other self acted towards her when they first met, heh, he was probably worse if he had a grudge against Kikyo like he says he did, seeing that girl everyday probably didn’t help any.

“He pulled one of his disappearing acts.” Inuyasha answered. “We just ended up killing another demon puppet.”

“Did you see any sign of that boy or that little girl with the mirror?” Kikyo asked.

“Boy? Was it Kohaku?” Sango asked, concerned about her brother.

“Yeah it was him, but he left before we could get to him.” Inuyasha answered.

“Kohaku?” Kikyo asked.

“He’s my brother….” Sango said with a worried look on her face. “He’s being controlled by Naraku.” she continued to explain.

“That would explain the jewel shard in his back.” Kikyo said. Sango just nodded in agreement.

“So what’s going on? Do you guys have any idea why we arrived here instead of our era?” Miroku asked.

“No, just that Naraku has somehow done something to the well to send us here.” Kagome said with a sigh.

“I had no idea he even knew about the well.” Sango said.

“My guess is he’s only found out recently or he would’ve attacked Lady Kagome in her own era before.” Miroku concluded.

“Or maybe he’s known longer and has been planning this…” Inuyasha said in a more serious tone.

__________________________________________________________________ ____

 

They had all decided to continue east, considering they had no leads and Naraku was spotted in this area, besides, what did they have to lose? Naraku would find them eventually, when he wanted to, he obviously had a reason for sending them here, after all. It began to get dark so they decided to set up camp. They sent Miroku and Miatsu out to get something to eat, which the two Inuyasha’s went to get the water to boil, carrying one of the jugs that Kagome had somehow managed to fit in that oversized backpack of hers. After he thought they were far enough away, ~Inuyasha~ decided this was as good enough time as any to ask about that Kagome, or as he referred to her, Kikyo’s reincarnation.

“I don’t know how you can stand that girl.”

“You mean Kagome?” Inuyasha asked his eyes narrowed.

“Yeah, and why do you let her ‘sit’ you like that?” he asked.

“Pfft, I don’t LET her ‘sit’ me, I thought I already explained that I can’t take these damn beads off, she’s the only one that can remove them.”

“Well, I can see why you keep her around, since she can sense the sacred jewel shards and all-”

“That’s not the only reason.” Inuyasha blurted out. ~Inuyasha~ just stared at him.

“Never mind, forget I said anything. Why do you want to know about Kagome anyway?” he said defensively and obviously wanting to end this conversation. ~Inuyasha~ let out a scoff.

“I don’t.” But he couldn’t help but wonder if his counterpart could really be in love with her, how could he be? Kikyo was the only person he could ever feel that way about, he could never picture himself falling for that foolish girl.

__________________________________________________________________ ___

 

“Geez what’s taking them so long…” Kagome mumbled poking at the fire with a stick.

“I don’t know, but even Inuyasha couldn’t be stupid enough to look past an entire river.” Shippo retorted.

“Miroku and Miatsu have been gone a while too.” Sango stated. They all sighed as their stomachs grumbled with hunger pains.

_________________________________________________________________ ____

Miroku and Miatsu continued on their hunt for dinner, when they heard someone screaming.

“Where was it coming from?” Miatsu asked urgently.

“This way.” Miroku said running quickly through the forest Miatsu following closely behind. Suddenly as Miroku was running something hit him, or more like ran into him, the next thing he knew he was on the ground, when he came to his senses he realized that it was a young woman that had run into him, she looked to be around 17 or 18 years old. She was crying and carrying on about a monster.

“Please,” she said finally after a few moments of them trying to get her to tell them what was wrong. “You have to help me, there’s a monster after me!”

“Don’t worry Miss, we’ll take care of it.” Miatsu said helping her up, with a smile. Before any of them could say anything else a demon came charging through the forest, growling and roaring, it wasn’t a very strong demon, just your average ogre , pitifully unintelligent and not even capable of speech, the two monks took it out easily, they didn’t even need to use their wind tunnels. Miatsu threw a couple sutras at it to stun it for a few moments while Miroku quickly decapitated it with his staff.

“Oh thank you!” the girl said wiping her tear-streaked face.

“How can I ever repay you?” Both of the monks looked at each other.

“You wouldn’t happen to know where we could get some food do you?” Miatsu asked.

“Yes, my house is a little ways down the road, my sisters and I could fix something for you.”

“Sisters?” They both said in unison, their interest was caught.

________________________________________________________________ _____

“I think I saw a lake somewhere over this way.” ~Inuyasha~

“I’m pretty sure I saw one over here.” Inuyasha said pointing in the opposite direction. They both scowled. But before their dispute could continue something that looked like blades came whirling through the forest at them. They both nearly escaped being hit, as the blades crashed into some nearby trees causing them to fall down with a loud crash. Inuyasha recognized that scent immediately.

“It’s Naraku.” ~Inuyasha~ said.

“No, it’s Kagura, another incarnation of Naraku’s” Inuyasha informed him. That’s when Kagura floated down on her over-sized feather and jumped off.

“Hello half-breeds.” she said with a smirk.

“What the hell do you want?” Inuyasha growled.

“I’m just following orders.” she said in a venomous tone. “And my orders, are to get rid of you two.”

“Dance of the Dragon!” she called as she whipped her fan around, sending giant cyclones hurdling towards them.

“BACKLASH WAVE!” Inuyasha called as he swung the Tetsusaiga. Kagura’s tornadoes were sent thrashing back towards her, but before they hit, she summoned another one

“Dance of the Dragon!” she called again, just in time for the 2 attacks to hit each other and ricochet off one another causing a big explosion.

_____________________________________________________________ _______

“What was that?” Shippo said in a worried voice as all four of them stood up and looked towards the area the noise had come from.

“Lets go check it out. Kilala.” Sango said standing up and grabbing her Hiraikotsu, and at her command Kilala transformed from a tiny little kitty to a vicious looking demon-cat.

“Let’s go.” Kikyo said as she stood up grabbing her bow and arrows. Kagome and Shippo both nodded and they all set out.

___________________________________________________________________

nuyasha let out a grunt as he pushed part of a tree trunk and other debris off of himself. He stood up and looked around, that attack had cleared the whole area, leaving dozens of fallen trees and other shrubbery. There was no sign his other self, but there was no time to look for him now, he could see Kagura hastily trying to make her escape.

“Your not getting away that easily!” he shouted as he pursued her.

“Dammit…” Kagura cursed, That fool is still alive after all that? No matter, I think I could work this to my advantage. That last attack had drained a lot of her energy, and she had sustained some injuries from his attack as well, in this condition she was no match for Inuyasha, she needed to escape before the other one decided to show up too.

___________________________________________________________________ ___

Kagome and Kikyo both stopped as they came to the cleared area.

“I think I see Inuyasha….or one of them anyway. He went this way.” Sango called from the sky as she pointed in the direction he ran off too.

“I sense a demon aura coming from that direction.” Kikyo said ominously.

“I feel it too.” Kagome said.

“I’ll go on ahead.” Sango called down to them.

“Okay, we’ll catch up to you as soon as we can.” Kikyo answered. Sango nodded and continued to follow Inuyasha.

“I wonder where the other Inuyasha is….” Shippo said looking around.

“I’m right here.” a grouchy voice said from under a pile of rubble, as ~Inuyasha~ dug his way out from it. He had a large gash across his torso and was bleeding heavily, along with a few other injuries.

“What happened?!” Kagome asked as she quickly pulled out her first aid kit from her backpack.

“I couldn’t get out of the way quick enough, and that damn wind witch’s wind blades got me.” he explained.

“Are you alright?” Kikyo asked as she walked over to him.

“Yeah, I’m ok, its just a scratch.” he said trying to play it off, when in truth, it was painful just to stand up.

“Where did she go anyway?”

“The other Inuyasha went after her.” Kagome answered.

“Shouldn’t we get going before they get away?” Shippo asked.

“Go on without me, I’ll catch up.” Inuyasha said.

“Are you sure?” Kikyo asked with concern.

“Yeah.”

Kikyo paused for a moment, “Okay then, let’s get going.” she said as she stood up.

“Here,” Kagome said as she pulled out some bandages out of her first aid kit. “At least let me bandage you up before we go.”

“Pfft, I don’t need any help from you.” Inuyasha said glaring at her. Kagome scowled.

“I’m just trying to help you.” she said angrily.

“Inuyasha,” Kikyo spoke up, “Why don’t you just let Kagome bandage up your wounds, her medicines will help you get well faster.” her calm voice continued. ~Inuyasha~ sulked for a moment.

“Fine.”

After a few minutes they left, Kagome turned back to ~Inuyasha~. It took some coaxing, but after a while she managed to get him to let her bandage him all up.

“There,” she said “See? It wasn’t that bad now was it?” An annoyed look flashed across his face.

“Whatever, let’s just get going.” he said as he stood up, but winced as he did so, almost causing himself to fall over.

“Careful!” she said as she grabbed his arm to try to help him up. Surprised by her actions, he quickly pulled his arm away, as though her touch burned him.

“I’m fine. I never needed or wanted any help from you, so just back off.” he grunted and slowly continued on his way, Kagome trailing behind. From time to time he would glance back at her, she had a sad look in her eyes. He sighed. Great….. he thought to himself.

“Look, I guess I-” he started but before he could even finish his sentence he felt a searing pain shoot through his back and in his stomach.

“Inuyasha!” he heard Kagome’s voice scream, that was the last thing he heard before his vision became blurry and everything went black.

_________________________________________________________________ _____

 

Kagura smirked, “Perfect.” she said to herself. Their as good as dead now... Kagura was so deep in thought she didn’t even see the giant boomerang whirling towards her. She barely escaped the Hiraikotsu but wasn’t able to get away from Inuyasha’s Claws of Blood, she fell with a graceful flip, landing on her feet.

“Where’s Naraku?!” Inuyasha demanded.

“I am your problem right now, not Naraku.” As she said this she raised her fan, and again, the Hiraikotsu came hurdling towards her. She scowled as she swiftly jumped out of its path. She threw some more wind blades at them, one of them, hitting Sango off Kilala. Sango let out a grunt as she hit the ground and rolled. Luckily she hadn’t been very far from the ground, all she had were a few cuts and bruises.

“Sango are you alright?” Inuyasha called to her as he was evading more of Kagura’s wind blades.

“Yes, I’m fine”

“Dammit.” Kagura muttered to herself.

_______________________________________________________________ _____

 

Kagome ran over to ~Inuyasha~, and began trying to pull spear from his midsection. Something in the forest had thrown it, but it had moved so fast she couldn’t see what it was. After a few pulls the spear came out, but it had reopened Inuyasha’s previous wound, along with making a whole separate one. Almost as soon as she had done that she saw something dart out of the forest. She jerked her head around to see a very tall figure standing a few feet away from her. It was some kind of demon, it almost looked like a ninja the way it was dressed, head to toe in all black, even its face was covered, in fact, as she examined his face more she gasped as she realized its face wasn’t concealed, it was its skin and it had no eyes or nose or any appendages at all, just a little red crystal on its forehead. She reached for her bow and arrows.

“I’ll kill you before you have time to aim at me.” a deep voice said as a blade whizzed behind her, cutting the strap that help her arrows, causing them to fall to the ground.. Her face paled.

“How are you talking? You have no mouth…” she said in shock.

“I have no need for a mouth, the only purpose it serves if for food and communication, and the jewel on my forehead takes care of both of these.”

“What do you want?” Kagome asked trying to keep her voice strong.

“I’m just doing what I was paid to do, which is to kill the two of you.” as he said this he pulled out another spear and hurled it at Kagome, she did her best to get out of the way, but it still nicked her left arm. She let out a cry as it ripped through her flesh. Before she knew what was happening, she felt a sharp pain in her leg, she looked down to see an over-sized needle sticking out of her thigh. She tried to run and get to her arrows but realized she couldn’t move her right leg, and ended up falling on the ground.

“That would be the poison setting in.” The assassins voice chimed.

Poison?

“Well I suppose I shouldn’t call it that, its not as though its going to kill you, it just temporarily paralyzes your muscles, but you’ll be long gone before its effects wear off anyway.” He said as he began to walk towards her, unsheathing the small dagger strapped to his waist.

What am I going to do…? she thought desperately as she looked at an unconscious ~Inuyasha~ on the ground, he was still bleeding profusely, tears began to fill her eyes, she reached for him, maybe she could wake him up, but as her hand touched his skin a chill went up her spin.

His body was cold.

Inuyasha….

“Get up…” her voice was cracking as she said this.

“You can’t be dead….” the tears were streaming down her face now, she forced her legs to move herself over to him. She began nudging him, “Inuyasha you have to get up….he’ll kill us if you don’t…”

______________________________________________ _______________________

 

“WIND SCAR!”

Kagura nearly escaped his attack, that was happening more and more and she was getting tired out, this battle had been going on for too long. She needed to end it. Now. The odds were not in her favor anymore, Kikyo and that little fox brat had shown up and were making things even harder for her.

“Tell me Inuyasha,” Kagura said with a wicked smile.

“Should’ve your other self and Kikyo’s reincarnation shown up by now?” Inuyasha stopped.

“Yeah I thought they would’ve been here by now.” Shippo said. Inuyasha had a sinking feeling as she pointed this out, mostly because he knew she was right….

__________________________________________________________ ____________

 

 

“Don’t waste your time, he’s dead, you should be worrying more about yourself right now.” the assassin said, he was now standing right behind Kagome. He put the blade up to her neck. “Now how-” he started, but Kagome quickly pulled the needle from her leg and fiercely thrust it in his neck.

“You bastard….” she muttered. He dropped the dagger as he stepped back, gagging as he tried to pull the needle from his throat, but stopped as an enchanted arrow pierced through his chest, he fell to the ground without making another sound. Kagome’s body was numb as she dropped her bow to the ground and walked over to ~Inuyasha~ and sat down beside him. The tears were still coming and she just started to sob as she laid her head in her hands.

“What happened…” a familiar voice said. She paused. Looking up to see ~Inuyasha~ sitting up, looking around confused. Kagome almost had a hear attack right then and there. He looked at her. “What the hell was that thing that hit me? And who the hell is that?” he said looking at the face-less demon lying on the ground. “Did you kill him all by yourself?” She just stared at him.

“You‘re alive…” she said in almost a whisper.

“What? Well do I look dead to you?” At this comment her tears started coming again. ~Inuyasha~ sweat dropped. “Uhh…-” Kagome quickly embraced him, and began to sob again. “YOU JERK! I thought you were dead!” ~Inuyasha~ just sat there uncomfortably, not really sure what to do.

“I’m sorry.” he said. “I didn’t mean to worry you, or make you cry.” She sniffed, wiping away the tears. She let out a smile. “I’m so happy your ok.”

“How do you feel?” she asked. “You lost a lot of blood.”

“I’ve been better…”

“Let me see.” she said as she once again searched for her first aid kit. And as she began to bandage up his wounds he didn’t object this time.

“What about you? Your hurt too.” he said looking at her arm and leg.

“It’s ok, its not near as bad as yours is.” After she had finished, she began to bandage up her own wounds.

“Here let me do it.” ~Inuyasha~ said as he began to wrap up her arm.

“Thanks…” Kagome said, surprised at his sudden change of heart.

_________________________________________________________________ ____

“Why do I get the feeling you know something we don’t.” Inuyasha hissed at her.

“Because I do. And I also know that the assassin Naraku sent after them isn’t likely to show mercy.”

“Fortunately for you, I don’t have the time to waste stalling you anymore, but Naraku has given me a little gift to give you.” she said as she waved her fan, a portal opened up behind her. She quickly jumped through it, and moments after she went in hundreds of Naraku’s demons came pouring out.

“Dammit!” Inuyasha cursed.

“Inuyasha.” Kikyo said. “Go find Kagome and the other Inuyasha, we’ll take care of these.”

Inuyasha nodded, “Okay.” he said and sped off toward the direction of Kagome and his counterpart. The demons Naraku had sent were great in number, but were otherwise fairly weak, obviously just meant to slow them down rather than kill them. It took about half an hour, but they killed them all.

“Lets go make sure the others are ok.” Sango said, they all agreed and headed the same direction Inuyasha went.

__________________________________________________________________ __

“Can you stand?” Kagome asked him. ~Inuyasha~ managed to get up, but the pain was excruciating, and he quickly collapsed back to the ground. Breathing heavily. “It’s ok, don’t push yourself.” she said crouching next to him. They sat there for a moment, before ~Inuyasha~ spoke.

“I’m sorry for what I said earlier.”

“It’s ok.” she said quietly. “Sometimes I forget that you don’t know me.” He was silent for a moment before he spoke up. “Why were you crying for me earlier?” he asked intently. She looked at him with a feeling of dejavu, Inuyasha had asked her almost that exact same question before, when he had gotten attacked by the spider-head demons, she thought he was going to die then too, and had cried. “I thought you were dead.”

“But I’m not the Inuyasha you know, so why does it matter to you?”

“You may not be the same Inuyasha that I know, but I still know you.” she said with a sincere look in her eyes. ~Inuyasha~ could begin to see how his other self could fall for this girl now, as goofy as she was, she truly cared for him, and cried for him, not even Kikyo had cried for him, though she never had reason to either, but still…

“Are you two alright?” They both looked up to see Inuyasha standing in front of them, he was out of breath.

“Well, were alive…” ~Inuyasha~ said flatly. Inuyasha let out a sigh of relief. “What happened here?” he asked looking at the assassins corpse lying on the ground.

“You’ll have to ask Kagome about that.” Kagome explained what had happened and finished her story just minutes before Kikyo, Sango and Shippo arrived.

“You guys are okay!” Shippo said happily as he ran up to Kagome. And once again Kagome had to tell them what had happened, as they all walked back to camp.

“I hope Miatsu and Miroku managed to find some food.” Sango said.

“Yeah I’m starving.” Shippo whined.

They arrived at their camp to find it empty.

“Those idiots, it couldn’t have taken them this long to find something.” Inuyasha grumbled.

“That’s not a very kind thing to say about the people that have your food Inuyasha.” Miroku’s voice chided.

“Where the hell have you two been?” Inuyasha said, annoyed.

“We met a young woman who cooked us a nice meal in exchange for saving her life.” Miatsu said cheerfully. They all looked at the three heaping sacks full of food they carried.

“Wow one girl cooked all that?” Kagome said astonished.

“Well, she had a few sisters, all very nice, beautiful, young ladies.” Miatsu answered. They all looked at the two monks suspiciously.

“What?” both the monks asked innocently.

____________________________________________________________ _________

Hey you made it to the end of this chapter! Congratulations! lol I think this is probably the longest chapter I’ve written, or it feels like it anyway, (took me like a month to write). Well what do you guys think? Plz review. I never planned on making this story very long so it’s not going to more than 2 or 3 more chapters. I might extend it if you guys really like it. Don’t know when the next update will be (Sorry), been pretty busy with school (Boo!).