InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To be so close, and yet so far away ❯ Where am I? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To be so close and yet, so far away

Disclaimer: I always forget to do disclaimers. I'll only do this once. Anyways, as you all know I don't own Inuyasha or any of those people. All I own is my character, me, and …and…*thinking* that's all……Wow, what a bummer.

Chapter one Where am I? (Written in third person) (Narrator)

"Where am I?" he said looking around. He was in a room, in a hospital. He thought he was alone until he heard a sound. It was a little muffled, and it sounded like it came from a very small person. He walked over at where the sound came from and saw an infant.

It was a little baby girl just barely a three weeks old.

He just stared at her and thought to himself, `Human babies, so weak and so useless. However, when they grow up, they become a nuisance. ' He suddenly had the urge to punch(or kill) something very fragile and weak to take the edge off.(He hates humans remember)

He pulled his claw back and was about to strike down when she opened her eyes and stared up at him. She cooed and made babies noises at him and tried to lift her arms as to say pick me up. He lowered his arm and stroked her cheek with a finger. She grabbed his finger and looked back at him with the look, `what the heck is this?'

He allowed himself to smile a small smile while he picked her up. Holding her head with his right hand and using his tail to hold her body (remember he only has one arm(for now) thanks to Inuyasha) he slowly rocked her back to sleep.

Why he was being so nice, to a human for all that mattered, a baby nonetheless, he did not know. He just wanted to hold her and all she did was stared at him cooing every so often and smiling a baby smile.

Then he heard(/ smelt) the voices and the footsteps of people that smelt like the baby.

`Probably, her parents' he thought.

A little reluctantly he placed her gently back into her hospital cradle. Then, with a look at the baby before he left, he went out of the window and into the tree near the window.

The door opened and some people came into the room. They looked very happy and from outside he could tell they were all related. They all stood over the baby and exclaimed how pretty or cute she was.

The old lady, `probably her Grandmother' he thought, exclaimed, "See I told you she was the prettiest baby in the entire hospital but you didn't listen to me!"

"Mom shhhhhhhhh!" He smirked a little.

The mother of the child picked up her baby and said, "Ready to go home Piper?"

(Alright if you haven't figured out who is this mystery person is then review and ask me, although you should know who he is.

I know he's a little off character but c'mon it's my story and I can do whatever I want.

Please read and review if you like it. Flames are acceptable, to a degree.)