InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ New Family, New Sleeping Arrangements ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 13-

Chapter 13- New Family, New Sleeping Arrangements

Inuyasha found Kagome laying down on her bed staring at the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" he asked casually.

"Thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing."

Inuyasha sat down on the floor, leaning his back against Kagome's bed. Absently, Kagome stroked Inuyasha's hair. Thinking about when her mother had spoken about weddings and baby names, Kagome mind began to drift back to one of the many discussions they had had on the subject.

<Flashback>

"You might need more than one name of each gender picked out, dear," Ms. Higurashi said absently.

"Why Mama?" asked Kagome.

Kagome's mother looked up from the baby magazine she was looking through. "Well think about it dear. Inuyasha is part Inuyoukai. There's a possibility you could have more than one child, and if you had identical twins then you would need either two girl names or the opposite. Do you see what I'm saying?"

"I think so. But I don't think I need to worry about it right now. Inuyasha and I haven't even kissed."

"I'm not at all concerned about that little detail. By the way you two are acting, I could be a grandmother in less than a year!"

"Mama!" squeaked Kagome.

"What? I want grandchildren. So sue me."

"You never were the type to be around the bush."

"Not with my own children. I have to be polite with the rest of society though."

Kagome smiled at her mother's antics and continued looking through the bride gown magazine. "Do you think they would have Inuyasha's ears?" Ms. Higurashi asked suddenly.

"Huh?" replied Kagome.

"My grandchildren. Do you think they would have Inuyasha's ears? Oh, and that lovely hair of his! I would love to have grandchildren with his hair and ears."

"Mama!"

"Well wouldn't you?"

Kagome thought about it, trying to imagine her future children. "I would love for them to have Inuyasha's hair and ears," she said finally.

<End of Flashback>

"What are you thinking about now?" asked Inuyasha as he leaned towards Kagome's hand, which had started scratching his ears.

Kagome stopped and blushed. Inuyasha looked up and noticed her blush. "Huh, Kagome?" he asked again.

"Nothing," she squeaked.

"I don't believe you," he said, crouching down beside her.

"Really, Inuyasha, its nothing you would be concerned about." At least not yet anyway.

"Tell me."

Kagome looked at his ears, blushed again, and muttered a quick no, before burying her face in her pillow.

Inuyasha was getting quite frustrated with her continued refusals. "Tell me now," he growled.

"No way," she said through the pillow.

"Fine have it your way."

Before Kagome could reply, Inuyasha jumped on top of her and began to tickle her sides. "Tell me," he repeated.

"No!" Kagome managed to yell in between giggles.

Inuyasha bit back at chuckle and pinned Kagome's wrists above her head with one hand and continued his painless torture with the other. Kagome thought she was going to make Inuyasha deaf she was giggling so hard.

"Tell me!" Inuyasha commanded.

"Alright! I'll tell you! Just . . . stop tickling . . . me!"

Inuyasha paused but did not get off of Kagome.

"I was thinking about . . ." she started.

"Yes . . ." Inuyasha urged.

Kagome tried to think of a way to tell Inuyasha without really telling Inuyasha. "The Future! I was thinking about the future."

"What about the future?"

"Umm . . ." Kagome paused. "I was thinking about a conversation I had with Mama. It had to do with the future and its kinda embarrassing to tell you. Just women's talk and all, I'm sure you don't want to know."

"It had something to do with my ears," Inuyasha pointed out.

"How did you know that?"

"Because you flat out looked at them before you started blushing."

"I wasn't blushing."

"You were too."

"Let's not start another argument."

"Just tell me what you were thinking about."

"Why?"

"Because I want to know!"

"Alright! I'll tell you!" Kagome shouted.

Inuyasha still didn't get off of her.

"My mom and I," Kagome began to explain, "We were talking about weddings and children and stuff, and my mom said that . . ."

"Your mom said . . ." Inuyasha urged.

"Mymomsaidshewantedgrandchildrenwithyourearsandhair," Kagome said in a rush, but it was slow enough for Inuyasha to figure out what she was saying.

"She said what?" Inuyasha all but shouted in disbelief. For a human to actually accept his strange traits and then say they wanted it apart of the family, Inuyasha was quite flattered, and in a bit of skepticism.

"This was after she caught us hugging when I didn't have my shirt on that one time you were going to change my bandages," Kagome added.

"Oh," Inuyasha said. "She thought we were doing that?!!"

"Well that's what it looked like!"

"Still. For me and you . . . It's just-"

"What? Are you saying that I'm not good enough for you?" Kagome asked angrily.

"No! Nothing like that!" Inuyasha reassured. "It's just, it never seemed like a possibility until lately."

"Until lately?" Kagome repeated quietly.

Inuyasha suddenly realized what kind of position he had put himself in, both vocally and physically. Kagome also noticed what kind of position they were in. Inuyasha held most of his weight on one arm, while the other arm still held Kagome's wrists, yet they were still pressed up against each other.

Kagome watched as Inuyasha leaned down to kiss her, but before their lips made contact the door burst open. Inuyasha quickly jumped away from Kagome and settled himself by the window in case he had to make a quick getaway.

Kagome sat up and looked up to see who had come in the room, or more precisely who had fallen into her room. Souta was lying beside Ms. Higurashi as they slowly stood up. They had been listening at the door!

"Mama!" Kagome began angrily.

"I really must be going, Kagome dear, I have errands to run!" said Ms. Higurashi as she backed through the door and quickly made herself scarce.

"Souta!"

"Hey, don't look at me. I was going to ask Mom a question but then she shushed me saying something about grandchildren and well . . . I got curious. You can't blame me!"

"I can't, can I," Kagome said slowly.

"Uh, I got homework to do," Souta said quickly and flew from the room.

"Kagome," Inuyasha said suddenly. "Your family is weird. The only sane one out of all of them is the old man."

Kagome laughed. Her grandfather would only be called sane by someone who lives five hundred years in the past.

~_^

Dinner at the Higurashi house that night was very interesting to say the least. Kagome and Inuyasha ate in silence while the other three people at the table talked even while they were swallowing their food, which made for a very messy table.

"So anyway," continued Souta, "I called Aiko, she is bringing her father who owns one of the trading companies, and told her how I was bringing Inuyasha. She said I was lucky I got to bring someone that had a cool job, she can't understand what her father is saying half the time when he talks about work." The boy hadn't stopped talking about the convention at school that would take place next week.

"Exactly what did you tell her Inuyasha did?" Kagome asked.

"I told her that Inuyasha was the strongest fighter on the face of the planet and took care of bad guys for a living."

"You think I'm the strongest fighter on the planet?" Inuyasha asked Souta.

"Of course I do! Neechan tells me all about your fights with Naraku, and your fights with Kouga, and your fights with that one water sprite, and your fights with-"

"Okay, Souta, that's enough now," Kagome said.

"And then there was that battle with the Noh mask," continued Souta.

"Souta," warned Kagome.

"And remember Yura of the Hair?"

"Souta!" shouted Kagome. "I think Inuyasha knows about all of those battles. You don't need to remind us of every single one. We'll be here for days."

"Alright, sheesh, no need to get all crabby."

"I am not getting all crabby!"

"Then you obviously aren't listening to yourself," replied Souta.

"Why you little-"

"Okay, that's enough," Inuyasha intervened.

"But he-" argued Kagome.

"He's just a little kid, Kagome."

"But-"

"No buts."

Kagome pouted before turning back to her meal. Why did Inuyasha have to take Souta's side? Feh. She didn't care. What? Feh? What the hell I'm I thinking? Kagome shouted silently to herself. Feh? No, she was not going to take on that side of Inuyasha. No way. Wasn't happening.

"Oh, by the way," Ms. Higurashi informed everyone, "I got the paperwork to go through on your guardianship Inuyasha. A lot faster than I thought was possible too. Usually those things take months, or even years! Anyway, as of now you are officially my son, and you can start school tomorrow. I already got you a uniform."

"Your son?" Inuyasha asked. Someone actually wanted to call him son? A worthless hanyou?

"Yes, my son. Which means you are apart of this family. I can organize one of the rooms upstairs and change it into your room," Ms. Higurashi began to think about sleeping arrangements. Then a thought popped into her head. "Of course, you and Kagome usually sleep near one another, so maybe I could rearrange the study upstairs and put two single beds in there. That way you two won't have to adjust every time you come through the well. Kagome, you can move all your stuff into that room tomorrow, and I'll use your room as a study."

"But Mama!" Kagome started to argue.

"Yes, that's an excellent idea," Ms. Higurashi continued. She didn't want to give her daughter the opportunity to object. "I'll go and start to get my stuff together now. Would you do the dishes for me dear? Thank you."

Kagome sat stunned for a moment before she began to collect all the empty dishes. "Well I guess you start school tomorrow, Inuyasha," Kagome said over her shoulder as she walked into the kitchen.

Inuyasha followed her into the room. "I'm not going."

"You are. Stop arguing. We're both going to have a lot of work to do."

"I don't see why I have to go."

Kagome smiled at his pouting face. He looked just like a little lost puppy. "You have to go because my mother wants you to go, because I want you to go, and if you go, you can chose whether you want to live here or on the other side of the well once our quest is over."

"I could live here?" Inuyasha asked.

"Of course. After all, you are apart of the family now."

Inuyasha smiled at that. He was apart of a family. Its nice knowing you aren't completely alone.