InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ Shopping and Hojo ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 15- Shopping and Hojo

The rest of the school day went by without too much turmoil. Inuyasha created no fights, as surprising as that may seem, and he also didn't insult any teachers. That doesn't go so far as to say he didn't insult anyone, because quite frankly he did. But it wasn't really anything he could help, after all, those stupid humans were annoying him, so what if he slipped in a few insults?

At present moment he and Kagome were standing at her locker while Kagome tried to get the stupid thing open. Inuyasha had suggested that Kagome just let him take care of it, but the miko didn't have enough of her allowance saved up to replace a school locker.

"Damn it to hell," Kagome said under her breath, but it was loud enough for Inuyasha to hear.

"Mou, I think Miroku was right," Inuyasha said casually.

"How?" Kagome asked as she, for the tenth time, tried her locker combination.

"You are taking on some of my traits."

"Am not."

"Really? You never swore before the binding. And swearing is definitely one of my traits."

"Well, I can't argue with you there."

"I'm sure you'll find something else to argue about," replied Inuyasha.

"Are you saying I'm the one that starts the arguments?" growled Kagome.

"See, there you go again. Starting another argument," Inuyasha pointed out. He was silently enjoying the `conversation.' There was just something so cute about the way Kagome's eyes lit up when she was angry.

"Well maybe I wouldn't need to argue if you wouldn't make those stupid comments."

Inuyasha smirked. This was just too fun. But Kagome was getting distracted from their argument by that locker thingy of hers, and Inuyasha hated it when he didn't have her full attention. "He, let me try it," he said finally.

"You don't know how to open it," stated Kagome.

"No, but I've been standing her long enough to get the gist of it. Now move and let me try or we'll be here all fucking day."

"Fine. Just don't brake it. I don't have the money to replace it."

Inuyasha muttered `wench' under his breath and started to turn the dial thingy to the numbers Kagome had been turning it to. The lock made three little clicking noises and the locker door swung open. "What the hell," muttered Kagome.

"Maybe you're just bad luck?" suggested Inuyasha.

"I'm just having a bad day," Kagome excused.

"Really? I thought you wanted me to come to school with you?"

"I never said I enjoyed school."

"Then why go?"

"Because I have to."

"No you don't. Not anymore."

Kagome paused halfway putting her books into her locker. He was right, she sighed silently to herself. There was no way she would be able to continue school with everything that was happening. But, that was okay. Maybe her place wasn't here in the future. Still, that didn't mean she would just up and quit. She just needed to finish out the year, then she could let it all go.

Sighing, Kagome finished putting her books away and shut the locker door. "How's your spell holding up?" asked Kagome.

"I can hold it for a few more hours if necessary."

"Good, then let's go shopping."

"Whatever you say," replied Inuyasha as he followed her off the school grounds.

Kagome smiled to herself. Inuyasha didn't know what he was getting himself into.

^_^

The shopping center was more crowded than the stupid school, and Inuyasha was not having fun. "Come on," Kagome giggled at the hanyou's pouting face. He was just too cute some times. "Don't be such a grump."

"I'm not a grump," muttered Inuyasha, but he followed Kagome into one of the many clothing stores.

Once inside, Kagome started filling his arms up with an assortment of clothes, and when there was too much for him to hold, pulled him to one of the dressing room.

"Alright, try on this outfit first," said Kagome, pulling at pair of jeans and a red T-shirt.

Inuyasha growled, but he didn't object and dragged himself into the dressing room. While Kagome waited she looked through all the clothes she had picked out, deciding which shirt went with which and so on. She was having more fun then she wanted to admit. It was nice to spend some quality time with Inuyasha. In the past they were always getting interrupted by Shippou or someone else wanting to start a fight, and at her house they were always getting interrupted by Souta and her mother!

Kagome blushed at the last time her mother had barged in on them. Inuyasha had been so close to kissing her! It was just so, so frustrating getting interrupted so fucking much!

Inuyasha came out of the dressing room and interrupted Kagome's thoughts. Kagome looked up to examine the outfit and lost all control of thinking. The only thing that came to mind was Wow!

Inuyasha shuffled his fit when Kagome continued to stare at him, making the hanyou a bit uncomfortable. "Uh, Kagome?" Inuyasha waved a hand in front of her face.

"Yep, we are definitely buying that outfit," nodded Kagome as soon as she shook herself a couple of times and was finally able to speak.

Inuyasha was thoroughly confused by the miko's actions but didn't say anything and just took the next outfit Kagome gave to him and returned to the dressing room.

Kagome fanned herself with her fan. The room was suddenly too hot.

^_^

After an hour of trying on clothes, Kagome finally announced they had enough. Inuyasha didn't argue. Kagome had started to act weirder than usual. After trying on the first outfit Inuyasha had started to get a little worried about her.

There was nothing wrong with her scent, so she couldn't sick. Inuyasha shook his head to dispel any more thoughts. The wench just kept on getting more and more confusing.

"Do you want to get something to eat before we leave Inuyasha?" asked Kagome as they walked through the food court. "They have Ramen. It's much better than the instant stuff I always fix for you."

"Ramen sounds good," replied Inuyasha smiling at the thought of it.

Kagome giggled and guided him to a table near the Ramen stand. Inuyasha was loaded down with shopping bags, but he hadn't complained.

"You stay here with the bags and I'll go get us some food," said Kagome as she dashed off to go stand in line.

Inuyasha watched Kagome as she ordered the food and paid with that paper money of hers. Since when was paper worth so much? Wondered Inuyasha. This time was just so damn confusing.

Kagome returned and sat a cup of Ramen down in front of him. She was right. This Ramen was a lot better than the instant stuff.

Inuyasha's food was gone in seconds.

Kagome giggled again and gave Inuyasha some of hers. He acted so much like a puppy some times.

"Higurashi!" said a voice as a boy approached her and Inuyasha.

"Hojo?" muttered Kagome. Oh, no. This isn't good. Not good. Not good at all.

Inuyasha growled as the human boy approached them. Obviously he knew Kagome, but that didn't make Inuyasha any less relaxed, if at all it made him more cautious. If that human boy even thinks of touching MY Kagome I'll . . .

The hanyou was interrupted from thinking up any threats when Kagome laid a hand on his arm and whispered only loud enough for his ear. "Let me handle this Inuyasha."

Inuyasha growled but didn't object.

"Is there something you needed Hojo-kun?" Kagome asked politely when the human stopped at their table.

"Oh, hello," Hojo said when he noticed Inuyasha.

Inuyasha growled in reply. Kagome gripped his arm a bit tighter before she said anything more. "Yes, Hojo-kun?" Kagome repeated.

"I was just wondering if you would like to go to the movies tonight," asked Hojo, not taking into account of what Inuyasha might be to Kagome. Must be her cousin, the dense boy decided.

"No," answered Kagome.

"Well, then tomorrow," suggested Hojo.

"Maybe you didn't hear her," Inuyasha decided to speak up. "She doesn't want to go any where with a weakling like you."

"Well, that's a bit rude," stated Hojo.

Inuyasha snorted and Kagome desperately tried not to laugh. "I wouldn't have to be rude," continued Inuyasha, "If you would just take a hint and leave us alone."

"I don't see what right you have to speak for Higurashi," replied Hojo, unaffected by the growl Inuyasha was emitting.

"What right? Kagome's-"

"What Inuyasha means is," Kagome said before Inuyasha started a fight, "I'm not available to go out on dates," the young miko said it in a rush, hoping Inuyasha would not ask any embarrassing questions as to what she said implyed.

"Then this is your boyfriend?" Hojo said a bit bitterly.

Inuyasha didn't know what the hell was going on, but if it meant the stupid human would leave than he didn't mind not knowing.

Kagome nodded and Inuyasha wrapped an arm around her waist, realizing whatever that meant would make the human leave.

"Good day then," muttered Hojo as he hurried off. So Kagome really hadn't liked me then.

Kagome sighed at having to be so forward with the boy, but he was just so dense at times. "Well, let's get home then," Kagome annouced as she picked up the empty Ramen cups and cleaned off their table.

Inuyasha picked up the shopping bags and followed Kagome back towards the shrine.