InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ Kisses and More Interruptions ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 17- Kisses and More Interruptions

Inuyasha woke to the horrible screeching sound of Kagome's alarm clock. Without opening his eyes, Inuyasha crawled out of bed, grabbed the clock, and then opened his eyes enough to throw it out the open window. The hanyou happily heard it crash on the sidewalk outside before lying back down in bed and covering his head with the blanket to block out all other sounds.

Kagome stirred at the sound of the alarm clock, but when the sound did not continue, the miko thought she might have imagined the noise. Kagome poked her head up out of the blankets to check the time. The only problem was she couldn't find the clock. Where the hell did it go?

Fully awake, Kagome searched all around her desk, but still found nothing. By chance Kagome glanced out the window and spotted something lying in pieces on the sidewalk. Upon further inspection, the young miko pieced together that it was what was left of her alarm clock.

"Inuyasha," growled Kagome.

The hanyou only tucked the blanket more securely around his head at the sound of his name. Inuyasha knew Kagome was pissed by her smell alone, so he decided to ignore her in hopes she would leave him be when she thought he was sleeping.

No such luck.

Kagome ripped the blankets away from the sleep faking hanyou and launched herself on top of him, trying to land a punch. Inuyasha grabbed both of Kagome's wrists with one hand and flipped them over so he was lying on top of the angered miko.

Sighing, Inuyasha buried his head in Kagome's hair and took in a deep breath, smiling when his smelled the anger that was rolling of Kagome in waves. "What kind of wake-up call is that Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

"You broke my alarm clock, you jerk!" Kagome yelled, trying to ignore the feeling of Inuyasha's mouth on her neck.

"Opps," replied Inuyasha.

"Opps? Is that all you can say?" Kagome continued yelling. "Those things cost money, you know. Don't you have any respect for other people's stuff?"

"No, not really."

Kagome emitted a human growl and tried to rip her hands away from the hanyou's grip, but she couldn't get free. "Get off of me!" demanded Kagome.

"No."

"No?"

Inuyasha smiled again. Now he totally agreed with Miroku's theory of Kagome and him taking on each other's traits. The best thing was he knew just how Kagome was going to react! All he had to do was ask himself how he would react.

"I'm not going to get off you until you calm down, Kagome. You're acting like a little kid," replied Inuyasha.

"Until I calm down?" she repeated.

Inuyasha cringed at the volume of her voice as she yelled right into his ears.

"I'm acting like a little kid?" she continued.

Maybe I shouldn't get her so worked up, thought Inuyasha, but it was too late for that.

"I'm not the one who threw the alarm clock out the window!" yelled Kagome.

"Shush, calm down," Inuyasha mumbled into her neck.

Kagome froze at the feeling of Inuyasha's mouth moving on her neck. She never would have thought that one simple act would send so many sensations rushing through her. An image of Inuyasha in jeans and that red shirt flashed through Kagome's head and she had to bite her lip to dispel the thought.

Inuyasha froze when he realized how quickly Kagome's scent had changed. So I was right, Inuyasha realized. He had thought that Kagome might like him, more than a friend that is. He had had his suspicions before, but now he was sure. So what was he going to do about it? Well, Kagome said that boyfriends and girlfriends were more intimate than just friends were.

Kagome's breathing had become choppy, and she was trying very hard to remember why she was mad at Inuyasha, but her brain just didn't want to work properly.

Then quite suddenly, her brain didn't want to work at all.

Inuyasha nipped at Kagome's earlobe and started to trail kisses over her neck.

"I-Inuyasha?" Kagome asked questionably.

"Shh, just relax Kagome," he answered.

Kagome bit back a moan when he gently nipped at the pulse in her neck. Inuyasha chuckled and lifted his head enough to look into her eyes. "Inuyasha?" Kagome repeated.

Before Inuyasha could move in to kiss her, though, the door opened.

"Hey, neechan, Mama wanted me to make sure you and Inuyasha were . . ." Souta stopped when he realized what kind of position his sister and Inuyasha were in. "Well, you're both awake so I'll leave you alone," he muttered and quickly left the room.

Kagome's mind had started working again. Ah, Souta you little brat! You just had to interrupt! You are so dead when I get a hold of you!

"Your family has the worst timing," Inuyasha stated as he lifted himself off of Kagome and started searching through the drawers that held his school uniform.

"No shit," Kagome muttered under her breath.

^_^

"Kagome-Chan!" yelled Yuka as soon as Inuyasha and Kagome had entered the school grounds.

Inuyasha visibly flinched at the sound of the girl's voice. "Yuka-Chan," Kagome greeted her friend, though it would be an understatement to say Kagome was less than enthusiastic about it.

Either Yuka ignored Kagome tone or didn't realize it, and started talking before Kagome had a chance to say anymore. "I heard how you blew off Hojo-kun at the mall yesterday."

Eri and Ayame came up behind Yuka to add to the conversation. "I thought you liked Hojo," added Ayame.

Kagome muttered a few choice curses under her breath and then tried to think of a way to reply to her friends. "Not really, Ayame-Chan. You, see, I'm dating Inuyasha now," Kagome replied and to make her point Inuyasha put an arm around her waist.

"How long have you two been dating?" asked Eri.

"Weeks," Inuyasha answered before Kagome could say anything.

"Why didn't you say anything earlier?" Yuka asked, kind of hurt. Why wouldn't have Kagome told her something important like getting a boyfriend.

"I . . ." Kagome couldn't think of an answer to that question.

"Kagome's been sick lately. She can't tell you every little detail of her life," Inuyasha answered for her. These silly humans were beginning to annoy him. If they didn't leave soon . . .

"Oh," answered Yuka, still a little hurt.

The first bell of the morning rang, signaling the start of school. "I'll talk to you guys later," Kagome said and pulled Inuyasha off towards the building.

As soon as they were out of hearing distance Kagome relaxed visibly. "Why do you hang out with those girls?" Inuyasha asked.

"They're my friends."

Inuyasha shook his head and took Kagome's hand. "If they were your friends you wouldn't act so annoyed and tense around them."

"It's just . . ." Kagome tried to explain. "I've known them since I was old enough to walk. I just can't break off their friendship like its nothing."

"Whether you realize it or not Kagome," Inuyasha replied. "You're not very close to those girls. Not like you're close to Sango and the rest of the group. You grew up while they're still little kids."

"I know," Kagome said very quietly.

Inuyasha didn't say any more about it and the two fell into a comfortable silence.

~_^

Inuyasha leaned back against the trunk of a tree while going through his lunch, deciding what to eat first. Kagome was being unusually quiet, but he knew she had a lot to think about, and so let her be. Kagome was the one that broke the silence though.

"This day is turning into a complete mess," muttered Kagome as she leaned back on the tree trunk next to Inuyasha and rested her head on his shoulder.

"We could just go back to the shrine," he replied.

"No," said Kagome, closing her eyes from the sun.

"You're tired," stated Inuyasha, not looking up from his lunch. "You should try and eat something."

"Not hungry."

"You should still try and eat. We didn't have breakfast this morning."

"Only because someone broke my alarm clock and because of that someone I had a late start."

"Opps."

"Is that all you're going to say? You haven't even apologized."

"A person shouldn't apologize if they're not sorry."

"I'll make you sorry," Kagome said under her breath, growling when Inuyasha started shaking with laughter. Damn youkai hearing.

"I don't know if you realize it, Kagome, but your growl is starting to sound a lot like a youkai's."

"Maybe is because of the spell," she replied, yawning.

"Maybe, if it is though, we should expect more changes coming our way."

"I don't want to think about it right now."

"Go ahead and sleep, I'll wake you when that cursed bell rings," Inuyasha replied, looking down at the exhausted miko.

"Alright, but you better wake me up, or you'll be sorry."

Inuyasha chuckled at the thought, after all, what could she do to him now that she couldn't say sit? Kagome's breathing became even as Inuyasha finished off his lunch. "Maybe this skool thing isn't so bad after all," decided Inuyasha.

Then he heard three pairs of footsteps and the voices of Kagome's friends. "Spoke to soon," muttered Inuyasha.

"Is Kagome-Chan asleep?" asked Eri as the three approached the couple.

"Yes. Lower your voice or you'll wake her up," replied Inuyasha gruffly.

"Is she feeling ill again? Maybe you should take her home. Do you want me to show you where the nurse's office. She can give you a pass to go home," replied Eri.

Inuyasha thought about it for a moment before answering. "As much as I would love to do that, Kagome wants to finish the day."

"If she's sick then she should go home," Yuka said.

Kagome woke from her nap at the sound of her friend's voices. "What's going on?" she asked while yawning.

"Are you not feeling well, Kagome-Chan?" asked Ayame. "We were just suggesting to Inuyasha that he take you home."

"No, I'm fine. Just a little tired," replied Kagome, brushing the hair out of her face with her fingers.

"I think we should go home," muttered Inuyasha, but it was loud enough for all four girls to hear.

"Do you two live together?" asked Yuka.

"Um," Kagome tried to think of a way to explain. And for the second time today, Inuyasha took over; making up excuses that wouldn't draw much attention.

"Ms. Higurashi is my foster mother," replied Inuyasha.

"What about your parents?" asked Ayame.

"They're dead."

"I'm sorry," Eri said.

"They died along time ago," Inuyasha replied, looking a little uncomfortable about it.

Luckily for him, the bell decided to ring.

Kagome's friends called their good-byes and started off towards their classes. "Saved by the bell," giggled Kagome.

"Is there something funny about it?" Inuyasha asked, confused.

Kagome giggled again and took Inuyasha's hand, leading him towards their next class, PE.

^_^

"Alright class," yelled the coach as he addressed the students. "Today, we're going to do something different. Its called Combat Tennis. It's simple. You have the tennis balls and two teams, one on each side of the net. All you have to do is hit one of the members of the opposing team with a tennis ball and they're out. First team with all members out loses. Understand?"

A `yes sensei' could be heard throughout the bored students.

"Good, divide up."

"Remember Inuyasha," said Kagome when they were each handed a tennis ball, "Be careful about using your strength."

"I remember wench."

Kagome sighed at the name but chose to ignore it. She'd get him back later.

"Begin!" yelled the coach.

And the tennis balls were flying. Inuyasha and Kagome dodged the flying objects easily enough; catching a tennis ball at a time and throwing it back, hitting their target. Too bad the rest of their team was so awful. Soon it was just Kagome and Inuyasha against five other students.

"This is too easy," Inuyasha told Kagome as he moved past her to catch another ball.

Kagome laughed and continued on with the game. Despite the fact that the odds were against them, Inuyasha and Kagome managed to win the game for their team.

"Well, that wasn't so bad," Inuyasha said in the hallway after class.

Kagome smiled at Inuyasha as they walked towards the last class of the day, math. "I knew you would enjoy it," replied Kagome.

"Feh."

Kagome stopped by her locker to get her math book. "Why do you lock your books up? It take forever for you to just open that stupid thing."

"It does not," argued Kagome.

"Does too."

"Does not."

"Are you two ever separated?" asked Yuka when she stopped to open her locker.

"No," replied Inuyasha.

"Don't you get on each other's nerves?"

"Yes," Kagome and Inuyasha replied at the same time.

Yuka giggled at the couple. They were just too amusing. "I'll see you two in class," she waved off and headed towards the math hall.

"Here, let me do it," Inuyasha said when Kagome didn't get the locker open after three tries.

"I don't need help," she said stubbornly.

"Whatever, wench," he muttered, but still moved Kagome far enough out of the way so that he could open the locker for her.

"Thanks," muttered Kagome, more from habit than actually gratitude.

"Your welcome," Inuyasha replied smirking.

^_^

And so the bell rang, announcing the release of the school day. Kagome smiled happily.

"I think we should go hunt shards tomorrow," Inuyasha started the conversation as they walked home.

"I don't know," replied Kagome. She was tempted to just say yes and to hell with school, but she wasn't giving in that easily.

"Please?" Inuyasha repeated, using the word that was so foreign to him.

Kagome froze for a minute and smiled. "Sure."

Inuyasha's eyes widened for a minute before he smiled happily, his face for once free of his eternal scowl.

Kagome smiled in returned. "Higurashi-San," someone called out as they turned the corner.

It was Hojo.

"Hojo-kun?" Kagome said hesitantly.

Inuyasha growled at the human boy. If he so much at touched Kagome . . .

Hojo took Kagome's hand.

Inuyasha's control snapped. His arm snaked out and latched on to Hojo's neck, lifting him off the ground. "Inuyasha, let go," Kagome insisted once she realized what was happening. Shit, this was bad.

"Don't you ever touch Kagome again," Inuyasha said in a very deadly and quiet voice as he looked Hojo in the eyes.

"Inuyasha, put him down. You'll hurt him," Kagome pleaded.

Reluctantly, Inuyasha set Hojo down and removed his hand from the human boy's neck. "Let's go Kagome," replied Inuyasha as he placed an arm around Kagome's waist and started walking.

Hojo sat on the sidewalk where Inuyasha had dropped him, coughing. He managed to speak before Inuyasha and Kagome were out of hearing range though. "Higurashi-San, you shouldn't go with him, his violent."

Inuyasha growled, but before he could move to attack Hojo again, Kagome placed both arms around his waist and hugged him to her so that he wouldn't move. "It's okay," Kagome called back to the human boy, "Inuyasha's just a little over-protective. I'll see you later."

Before Hojo could reply Kagome was pulling Inuyasha towards the shrine, one arm around his waist, the other holding his hand securely. "I hope no one saw that," Kagome muttered as they started up the shrine stairs.

"Why?" asked Inuyasha.

"Because we'll never have any peace and quiet when we get back to school."

"Doesn't matter. We're hunting shards starting tomorrow."

"You'll understand eventually," Kagome stated.

"Whatever wench."

Kagome smiled, despite it all. Inuyasha was too cute sometimes.

"Oh, and before I forget," Inuyasha said before they walked in the house.

Inuyasha stopped and pulled Kagome close to him.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked.

"No interruptions," he replied and leaned down to kiss her.

Kagome gasped into his mouth, and Inuyasha took that opportunity to thoroughly explore her mouth with his tongue. When Inuyasha drew away from the kiss, they were both panting.

Inuyasha chuckled at Kagome's flushed face and bruised lips. He could definitely get use to seeing Kagome like that.

"I've been waiting to do that all day," chuckled Inuyasha.