InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ Startling Transformations ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 21- Startling Transformations

Inuyasha and Kagome arrived in the future around sunset. Their `pack', as Miroku and Sango had begun to refer to their group, had traveled all day stopping only from lunch. After pleading on Kagome's part, Inuyasha had been convinced to take the young miko home.

Ms. Higurashi was in the kitchen washing the dinner dishes when Inuyasha and Kagome arrived at the house. "Kagome," her mother said, delighted. Then she seemed to remember something and her smile fell. "Your friends have been calling every five minutes asking for you."

"Uh? But why?" Kagome asked, thoroughly confused.

"I think it has something to do with Inuyasha almost strangling Hojo," Ms. Higurashi replied.

"Oh yeah," Inuyasha said to himself, still it was loud enough for both humans. "I forgot about him."

"Baka," muttered Kagome.

"Bitch."

"Only for you." Kagome went red when she realized what words had just slip through her mouth. Inuyasha's entire frame shook with laughter he was obviously trying to control. Ms. Higurashi smiled at her daughter and turned back to the dishes.

"As for the Hojo incident," she continued, drawing the young couple's attention back to the topic at hand. "You two can try going back to school, and if that doesn't work out, you can either transfer schools or be homed school. It's your choice."

"You mean its Kagome's choice," replied Inuyasha sullenly.

Kagome smiled up at the hanyou and took his hand. "We're going upstairs to talk about this a bit more," the miko called to her mother as she pulled Inuyasha behind her.

"What's there to talk about?" Inuyasha replied, pouting.

Kagome pulled him into their room and shut the door. "Stop pouting," she said, though half-heartedly. There was something just so completely adorable about the face Inuyasha was making.

"Feh."

The miko giggled and sat down next to Inuyasha, resting her head on his shoulder and taking his hand in hers. "What do you want to do?" asked Kagome.

"What do you mean?"

"As far as school is concerned?"

Inuyasha looked surprised that Kagome was asking him, but then actually considered the question. "I would prefer it if we stayed here and had the skool thing, but I don't mind that much if you decide you want to do something different."

Kagome's eyes widened for a moment before she replied. "Let's do one more day of public school and see how that goes. If it's horrible beyond belief, then we'll just have to be home schooled."

"Agreed," Inuyasha nodded.

"Well, damn, you can be reasonable."

"I am reasonable, you just never stopped sitting me to notice it."

"Mou, I didn't use the rosary that much."

"Yes you did."

"Whatever," Kagome sighed.

Inuyasha growled and jumped on Kagome, taking both of her wrists in one hand and pinning them above her head. Kagome squeaked her surprise and then giggled when Inuyasha's hair brushed her face. The hanyou leaned down so that his hair curtained Kagome's head. "Bitch," he said affectionately.

Kagome was about to make a retort when Inuyasha bent down and took her earlobe between his teeth. Any actually words died on her tongue.

Kagome sucked in a sharp breath when Inuyasha's hand stroked the skin on her stomach, making the young miko shiver. "You really should listen to me more Kagome," Inuyasha whispered into her ear and then moved his head down her take her mouth, fully exploring it with his tongue.

Inuyasha silently laughed when Kagome moaned into his mouth, moving them into a deeper kiss.

To say Kagome was in heaven wouldn't do the sensations she was feeling justice. Just the brush of Inuyasha's touch had her squirming for more.

Inuyasha shifted his weight so that he was lying in between Kagome's legs. Slowly, his hand inched up her shirt and stroked the skin just below Kagome's breasts.

"Inuyasha," Kagome moaned.

Downstairs, a squeal of joy could be heard, and then the enthusiastic yelling of Souta as he raced up the stairs screaming "Inuyasha-niichan!"

"Shit," muttered Inuyasha, jumping off of Kagome.

"Dammit," Kagome spat out, fixing her clothing.

The door opened in a rush and Souta launched himself at Inuyasha. "Inuyasha-niichan. I'm so glad to see you!"

"I love you too, runt," Kagome said, standing up.

Souta turned to Kagome, shrugged and then returned his full attention to Inuyasha. "You promised you would go with me to school tomorrow," Souta reminded the hanyou. "Remember?"

"I haven't forgotten," Inuyasha sighed.

"Alright!" Souta squealed.

"Whatever, brat. Now go watch TV or something. Kagome and I were having a very important adult conversation."

"Does that mean I'll be an uncle soon?"

"Souta!" Kagome shrieked as she bopping her brother over the head.

"Well, does it?" he asked again, backing out of the room to avoid his sister's fists.

The miko's face had gone completely red. Inuyasha tried desperately not to laugh, he really did. But soon enough a small giggled escaped him.

Kagome turned her attention away from Souta to glare at Inuyasha. "Souta," Kagome said in a very quiet voice. "Go away now."

Souta turned around and left, shutting the door behind him.

Inuyasha hugged his stomach, trying to stop laughing, his self-preservation instincts kicking in. "Inuyasha," Kagome said in the same quiet voice she had addressed Souta with. "What is so damn funny?"

"Nothing," he replied, shaking his head.

"That's odd. It doesn't sound like nothing."

The hanyou finally got his laughter under control, but he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. "Don't worry about it Kagome."

The miko growled.

"Your temper sure had gotten quick," Inuyasha observed.

"Maybe it's because I'm taking on all of your stupid traits!" Kagome yelled at him.

"Oi! So you're saying it's my fault you're all moody?"

"Do you need it spelt out for you?"

Kagome's control on her anger snapped and she threw herself at Inuyasha, pulling his hair and hitting him whenever she got the opportunity.

Inuyasha was taken by surprise, but eventually he managed to grab her hands and pin her so that she couldn't move. "Get the hell off of me!" she yelled.

"Not until you calm down," Inuyasha replied, unfazed by her temper.

Kagome tried to brake his hold on her hands, actually lifting her arms two or three inches off the ground before Inuyasha reapplied the pressure.

The hanyou's eyes widen when he saw Kagome's display of strength. Just how much was she picking up from him?

Seeing Inuyasha distracted, Kagome flipped them over so that Inuyasha was on bottom and she on top. The hanyou stopped fighting her completely and just stared at the miko.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome said confused, forgetting her earlier temper.

Not only was she gaining strength, but also she was using his moves. That was his flipping technique! Then something else caught his eye.

Kagome started to get worried when Inuyasha continued to stare at her. "Inuyasha?" she asked again. "What's wrong? What is it?"

"I don't believe it," he said in awe.

"What?" Kagome almost yelled, panicking.

"Fangs, Kagome. You have fucking fangs!" the hanyou glanced down at her fingers which were digging into his haori. "And claws!" he said, aghast.

Kagome slowly stood up, getting off of Inuyasha. Very calmly she walked over to the mirror on the dresser and opened her mouth.

Her canine teeth had extended into fangs, just like Inuyasha's.

Kagome looked down at her hands.

Her fingernails had turned into claws. Not as noticeable on her, but still, she had claws.

That was it. It was just too much for Kagome to take.

She fainted.

^_^

"Mom, what was that noise?" Souta asked, looking at the ceiling where Inuyasha and Kagome's room where he heard a loud crash.

"A good sign, I think," replied Ms. Higurashi, grinning to herself.