InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ A Hanyou's Kin ( Chapter 42 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hi everyone, sorry it took so long to update. Problem was I got grounded and I had a lot to do in school so yeah, that's my excuse. There probably won't be another update for a while either. I'm moving to Japan next week and won't have any internet access. When I get there I'll be in TLF for about a month which is the military equivalent of a hotel. I promise I'll update as soon as I can though! ^_^

Chapter 42- A Hanyou's Kin

"So, that's why I think we should only invite direct relatives."

Kagome absently nodded to her mother's plans for her wedding. Whatever her mother wanted was fine with her. Besides, by demon standards she was already married to Inuyasha, and that was good enough in her opinion. At the moment, Inuyasha was upstairs playing a new video game with Souta. She was stuck downstairs with her mother making wedding plans. Life was so unfair.

"Kagome?" Ms. Higurashi looked at her daughter quizzically.

"Mm?"

"Are you sure you're okay with all the wedding plans I've made so far?"

Kagome smiled and nodded at her mother. "Really, you did a great job Mama. I just didn't get much sleep last night-" she paused when her mother gave her a knowing smile.

Kagome tried to hold back the blush that was forming on her face, she really did. Her mother laughed and patted her hand in what was suppose to be a comforting gesture. "Kagome dear, you are to be a married woman and you are pregnant. There is nothing to be embarrassed about."

"Still, Mama-"

"I know dear. Your relationship with Inuyasha is still very new, despite how close the two of you were before you took mm, the physical step and so it will take a little getting use to."

"I guess so," Kagome complied.

"I felt the same way when my mother would talk to me about your father."

"Really?" Kagome poked her head up in interest.

Ms. Higurashi nodded her head. "Yes. Before she died, my mother would always tease me about how red I got when she mentioned sex."

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, hn?"

Kagome's mother laughed and shook her head. "You think what I said was embarrassing? Kagome, my dear, you have no idea how red I can make you."

"Oh?" She made it sound like a challenge.

Ms. Higurashi smiled. Time to give Kagome some new ideas.

^_^

"MAMA!"

Inuyasha fell off of Souta's bed and landed on his head. "What the fuck?"

Souta shrugged and ran out the door, towards the kitchen. Inuyasha followed him, heading straight for Kagome.

"What's wrong?" he asked when he saw Kagome beat red and Ms. Higurashi laying on the floor, laughing.

Kagome took one glance at him and turned an even deeper shade of red. Her mother saw the look and only laughed harder. "What happened?" asked Souta.

"Nothing dear," replied Ms. Higurashi, standing up off of the floor.

"There had to be something funny," argued the human pup.

"We were just discussing the new scratch marks I found on the table," she replied.

The words sunk into Inuyasha's head and it was his turn to go red. "Shit."

^_^

"She told you what?"

Kagome sighed and she propped her head on her hand. After the `little' embarrassment over the `table thing' Kagome had dragged Inuyasha upstairs to escape her mother and those knowing looks. Now she was trying to explain to her mate the conversation that had taken place between mother and daughter.

"She said," Kagome repeated for the third time, "Next time, try not to leave so many claw markings."

Inuyasha went red again and he buried his face in his hands. "I can't believe it," he muttered.

Kagome nodded in agreement.

"Are you sure she said that?"

Kagome's ears flattened down on top of her head and she frowned at Inuyasha. "YES, I'm positive. Now let's move on to a different topic of conversation. I can only blush for so long before it hurts my head."

"Whatever bitch."

"We'll have the wedding next week."

"Do I have to be there?"

Kagome growled and smacked Inuyasha on the back of his head. "OF COURSE YOU DO!"

"Just checking."

"Sure." Kagome made an effort to contain her anger. "We'll go back home after the wedding and spend the rest of the month there."

"Good."

Kagome sighed and lay down beside Inuyasha. It was going to be a long week.

^_^

"When will Kagome get back?" Shippou asked while Sango polished Hiraikotsu.

"Probably next week, Shippou-chan," the taija for the third time that day.

"Why couldn't I go with them?" the kitsune whined.

"Inuyasha and Kagome-chan need some time to themselves."

"That is so unfair."

"You would feel the same way in their position."

Shippou rolled his eyes. "Please! Didn't they have enough time to mate when we left the village? Why would they need to do that again?"

Miroku chose that moment to return from this supposed `errands.'

"I would be glad to explain it to you Shippou," he said happily.

Sango shook her head with a slight smile before speaking. "And then when he tells Kagome what you told him she'll skin your hide and then hang you from a tree."

Miroku frowned for a second before smiling again. "Kagome-sama isn't the violent type, Beautiful Sango."

"But Inuyasha is, and if you upset Kagome, you upset Inuyasha."

"Point taken."

"Excuse me," interrupted Kaede as she entered the hut.

"What is it Kaede-obaasan?" asked Shippou.

"There's someone here to see Inuyasha."

"Someone here for Inuyasha?" asked Miroku.

"Hai, I believe it is someone who is kin to him."

Sango's head shot up and Shippou jumped to Miroku's shoulder. "What did he look like?" inquired Shippou.

Kaede sighed before turning to leave. "You'll have to speak to him yourselves. I do not think he is here to cause harm, but I would not leave unarmed."

"Yes, thank you Kaede-obaasan," replied Sango as she slung Hiraikotsu onto her back. She turned to Miroku. "Do you think-"

"Let's not jump to conclusions," interrupted Miroku. "Let's just see who it is."

Miroku led the way outside, his staff automatically drawing itself into a defensive posture when he saw who awaited them.

Sesshomaru.