InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ The Wedding ( Chapter 45 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 45- The Wedding

Inuyasha groaned at the sound of constant chatter coming from Kagome's room. He'd been listening to the girl's conversation with his attention focused on the T.V in front of him, picking up most of what was said. He almost went in there with have a mind to kick those human girls out of Kagome's room when he felt her distress, but after a moment the feeling dissipated and all he could hear now was mindless chatter.

Distantly, he heard the doorbell ring and Jii-chan answer it. Souta rushed into the room a moment later and pulled Inuyasha to his feet without a word. "What the hell-" began Inuyasha.

"Hurry up," interrupted Souta. "My cousins and uncle are here."

"So?" replied Inuyasha, shrugging.

"Do you really want to be cornered and asked about every little detail of your life?"

Inuyasha didn't waste another moment and followed Souta from the room. They both paused right outside the living room. Inuyasha could hear Jii-chan talking about the legend of some talisman and one of the younger boy's sighs before he interrupted Jii-chan. "Where is this guy Kagome's marrying?"

"Inuyasha?" replied Jii-chan. "Oh, Souta is probably warning him of your arrival so that the both of them can hightail it out of here."

Souta had to smother a snigger at his grandfather's tone. He sounded so placid and bored. Inuyasha shook his head in amusement before grabbing Souta's arm and retracing their steps towards the stairs. Kagome opened the door just as the two were running past her room. "What's going on?" she asked.

"Uncle Taki is here," replied Souta before continuing down the hallway with Inuyasha.

Yuka moved to stand beside Kagome and shook her head. "Where are they going? They're on the second floor for crying out loud. How do they plan to escape?"

She watched as Inuyasha opened the window at the end of the hallway and pick Souta up by his shirt collar before leaping up onto the roof. "They won't go far," dismissed Kagome. "Now, let's go greet my relatives."

^_^

"Kagome-chan, it's so good to see you," said Taki, giving his niece a small nod.

Kagome nodded and smiled lightly. "Yes, it certainly has been a while."

Her cousin, Aki, snorted. "More like three years, cuz. Of course, we all know what you've been up to."

Kagome shook her head before dismissing her cousin off with a wave of her hand. "Well at least I managed to avoid getting arrested."

Asami had to swallow a chuckle at Aki's face. He was beat red. "Well I didn't get suspended from school!" he replied.

Again, Kagome waved her hand showing she didn't care. "Well I don't have to go to school anymore, now do I? Unlike you."

Taki shook his head before stepping between his youngest son and his niece. His other two boys stood on the sidelines looking bored. "Now come on you two. Aki, be nice to your cousin, it's her wedding day."

"So?"

"Of course if you would like to go a month without T.V . . ."

Aki looked ready to explode. Asami sighed before speaking up. "Why don't you three boys go try and find Inuyasha, hn? I'm sure he won't be too far."

"We don't even know what he looks like, Aunt Asami," said Taki's oldest son.

"Oh, he's hard to miss. He has long silver hair and amber eyes, plus I'm sure Souta will be attached to his arm. Souta idolizes Inuyasha."

"Oh?" prodded Taki.

Asami nodded and watched as her three nephews filed out of the room. When they had gone she picked up the conversation again. "Yes. Inuyasha is quite the hero."

Kagome left for a moment before returning with refreshments. Everyone seated themselves at the dining room table before she passed out the tea. Yuka muttered quiet `thank you'.

"So," began Taki. "Where did you meet your husband-to-be, Kagome-chan."

Kagome took a sip of her tea before replying. "Under the Go-Shimboku."

"Oh? What was he doing there?"

"Hanging around."

Asami shook her head to hide a smile. Taki didn't seem to notice it and continued with his interrogation. "What about his family, will I meet them?"

Kagome shook her head. "Inuyasha is an orphan and the only relative he has that I know of is less than friendly."

Taki frowned a bit. "That's too bad. So why did you two decide to get married so young?"

Kagome hesitated a moment before replying. "Beside the fact that there really isn't anything stopping us, I'm pregnant."

Taki had been taking a sip from his tea when Kagome made her little announcement. The tea ended up drenching Eri's face. "Eww . . ." muttered the schoolgirl.

Kagome giggled before handing Eri her napkin. "Pregnant!" shouted Taki.

The miko sighed and settled herself into a more comfortable sitting position. "Asami is it true?" continued Taki. "You let your daughter-"

He broke off in the middle of his sentence when Souta entered, closely followed by Inuyasha who looked clearly unhappy. A moment later all three of Kagome's cousins arrived. "So they found you?" Kagome asked Inuyasha.

"It was bound to happen when Souta kept throwing piles of dead leaves at them," replied Inuyasha sourly.

"It was so worth it," muttered Souta, looking pleased as Aki removed other clump of dried dirt from his hair.

Kagome couldn't help a snigger from escaping. Inuyasha smirked when he saw Aki's temper spike again. Of all three of Kagome's cousins, Aki was the only one Inuyasha had immediately disliked. The other two, whatever their names were, seemed quite indifferent to everything that was going on.

"Boys," said Taki. "Give your congrats to your cousin." He paused for a moment and looked at Kagome to explain.

"I'm pregnant," she said pleasantly enough before standing up and taking Inuyasha's arm. Inuyasha wrapped his arm around Kagome's waist and led her from the room, leaving a trio of gawking human boys.

"At least I didn't get anyone pregnant!" Aki yelled after them.

Kagome snorted before yelling her reply. "Only because no girl would let you close enough to try."

^_^

Kagome stood at the altar with Inuyasha beside her. So far so good. All of her relatives and friends were sitting behind them, quietly watching the procession. Word had gotten around of Kagome's pregnancy and already female relatives had begun planning the shower.

Inuyasha yawned beside her and Kagome had to stifle her own yawn. It just seemed to drag on and on and on and on.

Finally, the priest pronounced them husband and wife and the couple were allowed to leave.

Inuyasha was on his feet in an instant, giving Kagome the required (but quite pleasant) kiss before guiding her back towards the house and away from all of the relatives.

"Inuyasha," said Kagome, "We have to go to the reception."

"No we don't."

"Yes we do. Listen, all we have to do is sit at the table while everyone else talks and eats and drinks."

"Feh! Don't care Kagome. All I want right now is a nap."

"Inuyasha," she pleaded, entwining her fingers with his, "Do this for me, please?"

Inuyasha growled but nodded grudgingly. "Can I at least change out of this ridiculous outfit?"

Kagome laughed at his apparent disgust for the tux before nodding. "Go ahead. I'll see you in the dining room."

Inuyasha gave a breath of relief before fleeing to the comfort of his room. Kagome entered the house's garden and seated herself at the head table. Of course, Aki was the first to approach her. "Nice wedding, cuz."

"Isn't it?" replied Kagome, letting her attention wander towards the house where her mother was talking with another one of her uncles.

"Yeah, real nice wedding. I sure hope you know what you're getting yourself into."

Kagome frowned before looking back at her cousin. "Of course I know. I'm happy, Aki-kun, why can't you ever just leave it at that?"

Aki seemed at a lost of words. Inuyasha arrived before anymore words could be said, however. With a huff of resentment, Aki stomped away from Kagome and towards the buffet.

"He doesn't seem to like you much," observed Inuyasha.

Kagome shrugged before replying. "No, he doesn't seem appreciate my sense of humor."

"And I wonder why that is," said Inuyasha sarcastically.

Kagome smiled. "Baka."

"Bitch."

"Only for you Inuyasha."