InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To know you is to know myself... ❯ He Said / She Said ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================



Chap ter 3 – He Said / She Said


Kagome listened to make sure she couldn’t hear the sounds of anybody talking right outside the hut that would indicate they wouldn’t be able to sneak off to find Kaede without first a confrontation of the others. Upon hearing nothing directly, just a ton of different voices talking about a ton of different things, all apparently deeper into the village and not right outside the hut, the two, together, snuck out. It only took her a second before she picked up Kaede’s scent, and together, they headed to where she was, out in the field gathering herbs.

“I don’t know how you can stand all these senses.” She mumbled.

“I don’t know how you can stand to not have those senses.” Inuyasha grumped in return.

He was not adjusting to Kagome’s body near as well as Kagome was apparently adjusting to his, as he kept fidgeting with his skirt, hating how vulnerable its length, or lack thereof, made him feel. “Or these damn clothes.” He mumbled to himself. But Kagome, with her superior hearing, picked that up quite easily.

“What’s wrong with my clothes?” She inquired, a little upset, but not really.

“Uh…..”

He had been taken off guard that she’d heard him, being so used to mumbling curses that she never picked up before. After musing to herself for a moment over the panic stricken expression on Inuyasha’s, well her face, whatever, she finally caved.

“It’s okay, I’m sorry Inuyasha. I know you must be uncomfortable in my uniform. We’ll go to my time and get you something else to where, okay?”

“Keh”

Kagome was just about to make a snide remark, but let it drop when she suddenly caught sight of Kaede, as she gathered medicinal herbs in the closet field.

“There she is, come on!” she said instead, grabbing Inuyasha’s hand, as she pulled him along almost faster than his human body was capable of running, as she tried to reach Kaede before anyone else could spot them.

Kaede looked up to see Kagome practically being dragged by Inuyasha, as they both hurried up towards her. I wonder what troubles these children she thought as they approached.

“Kaede-sama, we must speak with you.” Said ‘Inuyasha’, which surprised her so much she nearly fell over. Inuyasha usually calls her “Kaede-baba”, so she was surprised he would show her this much respect out of the blue.

“Aye, what is it child?”

This time it was ‘Kagome’ who spoke, but she didn’t sound like herself at all.

“We’ve got a problem old hag, that you’d better be able to fix.”

Kaede’s not stupid.

“I see, ye have switched bodies, have ye not?”

“Y….you knew?” Kagome’s voice stuttered.

“Nay Inuyasha, however, to learn this now, I am not surprised.”

“How come?” asked the real Kagome.

“As it was explained to me, that was a powerful youkai ye were fighting. The beast sought to take your soul Kagome (she correctly addressed Inuyasha’s body while speaking) but then removed Inuyasha’s as well.”

“That doesn’t explain why we’re switched.” Inuyasha complained.

“Apparently, according to Miroku, he felt Kagome successfully use her miko powers to lull your spirits back within their bodies, however... it would seem there was a slight mistake.”

“A slight mistake?” Inuyasha bellowed, Kagome’s cheeks turning a bright red with the anger he felt at that last comment. A slight mistake indeed.

“So it’s my fault….I messed up…..” Inuyasha’s voice mumbled, Kagome nearly at tears again.

“Nay child, you are untrained, and that you saved your souls from the youkai at all, shows your natural strength.” Kaede paused, then thinking of something else, continued. “Besides, it is possible that this switch was the deliberate result of the youkai itself, a last effort before it fell. One who has the power to remove souls, could do with them as they please.

“Okay, maybe it wasn’t my fault then,” A small smile beginning to form, but faded as quickly as it came, “but now what do we do?” The real Kagome asked, still a little upset.

“I can derive a spell to correct this error….” Kaede stated.

Upon hearing her last words, both Kagome and Inuyasha alike, perked up, their faces shining with equal relief and happiness.

“However, it will take some time to prepare.” She interjected.

“How long?” The real Inuyasha inquired, sounding a bit impatient.

“Around a week, perhaps longer.” Kaede said, calm as ever.

A week!?” They both bellowed in unison.

“Perhaps longer…” she reminded them.

“What about Naraku?” Inuyasha complained

“What about my family?” Kagome wined

“What about the jewel shards?” Inuyasha pouted

“What about my Math Test!” Kagome scream

“I’m afraid all things should be put aside until we fix this.” Kaede said sympathetically

Neither lost soul uttered another word, but both hung their respective heads low in defeat and depression. They then turned tail, and sulking, headed back towards the others.

Maybe this experience will do them some good. Kaede chuckled to herself, as she immediately went about searching for, and picking, the various herbs she would require for such a spell.

``````````````````````````````````

Upon returning to Kaede’s hut, they were met with a mixture of relief, as well as anger, suspicion, and paranoia, all of which Kagome could smell, but Inuyasha was apparently oblivious to.

“Uh, I think they noticed we were gone.” She quietly mumbled to him, hoping he heard her with his human ears, just seconds before they rounded the corner to come face to face, with their friends’ three faces.

“There you are!” cried Sango “We were worried, Kagome, you said you were going to rest more, where did you two wander off to?”

Kagome was about to respond before she remembered she was Inuyasha, and then, before she could come up with anything ‘Inuyasha-like’ to say, she heard her own voice next to her state “Inuyasha just needed to speak to me for a second.” sounding very much like herself. He did a good job, she thought.

“Oh?” inquired Miroku, with a raised eyebrow and smirk on his lips, no less. “About what?” He asked with a grin.

“Keh, none of your business monk.” Kagome snapped through Inuyasha’s voice, very pleased with herself.

“Okay okay. Well, if you two are feeling like yourselves again….”

They flashed each other a look that nobody caught.

“….then we should probably head out.” Finished Sango.

“Uh…..actually…..” Stuttered who they believed to be Kagome “I….I was gonna go home for a little while, yeah, sorry guys.”

“You are?” asked a saddened Shippo.

“Yes, just for a day or two, I’ll be back, don’t worry.” ‘she’ reassured the kit.

“And you’re alright with this Inuyasha?” asked an amazed Miroku, at how said hanyou had so far, just stood there, not protesting.

It took Kagome a second to realize Miroku was addressing her, and she then flashed Inuyasha a quick look, then looking back over at Miroku said…

“Keh, well, we could use more ramen!” She then turned to Inuyasha and said “No longer than two days, wench.” To which Inuyasha rolled his eyes, deliberately, and sighing a ‘Kagome’ sigh, said “Fine, fine.”

Kagome then quickly muttered “Well come on.” And bent down slightly so that Inuyasha could climb up onto her back, a gesture that wasn’t missed on him, as he immediately climbed up onto the back outstretched before him. As soon as Kagome could tell that Inuyasha seemed to have a good hold, she took off in the direction of the well, not having any trouble adjusting to her new found speed.

As soon as they were out of sight of the others, Inuyasha complained “Not so fast!” having found himself having a hell of a time trying to hang on. How did she do it?

“This is weird.” Kagome mumbled low, used to Inuyasha being able to hear her no matter how quiet she thought she was being. So she was surprised, yet again, when he said “What? You’ll have to speak louder.”

“I said this is weird.” She repeated, at a normal speaking level.

“Yeah no kidding!.” The effeminate voice on her back protested.

“At least we bought ourselves a couple of days, that was quick thinking.” Kagome had said, and then continued with….“As soon as we get you changed, we should come right back, but just stay away from the village, I don’t want to spend any more time in my time, like this, than absolutely necessary.”

“You don’t know how right you are.” The Inuyasha-turned-Kagome mused. He was actually looking forward to being in Kagome’s time, at least once, without having his senses so brutally assaulted.