InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To know you is to know myself... ❯ The hot springs… ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================




Chapter 8 – The hot springs…



Inuyasha paused as he rolled out Kagome’s sleeping bag, wondering how they were going to go about handling the sleeping arrangements now that they were in the company of their other friends. Even though he couldn’t go without sleep too well now, he found, in his human body, and Kagome could, for all intensive purposes, stay awake, with her new hanyou one, they’d shared the sleeping roll because he hadn’t wanted to force her to go without it. Maybe it wouldn’t be an issue right away, if she decided simply not to sleep, which she may, because of her nightmares. He was pulled from his thoughts when he suddenly saw Sango standing right before him, her bathing supplies already in her hand, as she asked…

“Are you ready?”

“Huh? Oh!” As it dawned on him. “Uh, you see, the thing is…”

“We need to tell them…” He suddenly heard his own voice say, rather dejectedly.

“Tell us what?” Asked Miroku, a perverted smirk on the verge of forming.

“No, we ain’t gonna tell them!” Inuyasha spat at his own body, giving the ‘Kagoma evil glare’ so perfectly, that it scared Shippo.

“Fine…enjoy your bath…” Kagome said next, while rolling her eyes. She figured there was no way they’d be able to keep it a secret for a whole week.

For an instant, Inuyasha was actually considering it. It wasn’t like he was attracted to Sango, not that she was ugly or anything, but she wasn’t the one he wanted, was all. He figured it’d be weird to have her see him naked, but reminding himself he was currently residing in Kagome’s body, he knew it didn’t really count. But then something suddenly struck him, which was, how pissed Sango would be, if she did find out, later, after he’d seen her naked. He figured he’d be given the rest of the week to live, since Sango would surely not take it out on Kagome’s body, but once they switched back….

“Kagome and I have switched bodies…” He suddenly blurted out.

That earned a shrieked “What!?!?” from both Sango and Miroku, as well as Shippo.

“How….?” Sango managed to mutter, as she unconsciously backed away slightly from the body she’d thought belonged to her best friend.

“That youkai…” They heard ‘Inuyasha’ say next, realizing it was actually Kagome who was speaking.

“I see…” Miroku answered, feeling a little guilty, “I shouldn’t have taken my eyes off of you both,” He turned to gaze at each his friends, “while you reentered your bodies. If I’d witnessed the switch, there might have been time to reverse it, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, it wasn’t your fault…” Kagome said next. It was obvious it was her, as Inuyasha was never that sweet sounding, or understanding.

“That’s what that potion Kaede is working on is for.” Inuyasha added.

“Okay, well….” Sango said next, deciding she couldn’t contain her happy news any longer, despite her friend’s predicament. “I guess I’ll have to tell you here then…” Sango said, “Kagome…” as she looked towards Inuyasha… “Miroku and I…” She paused again, when Miroku came up behind her, taking her hand… “are engaged!”

What!?!?” Both Kagome and Inuyasha bellowed in unison, except next, the image of Inuyasha rushed forward and embraced Sango in a hug, careful of her strength, as she said “That’s so great! I’m so happy for you guys!”

That was your news?” Inuyasha grumped, “You were gonna drag me off to the springs for that? It’s about damn time that bouzu admitted his feelings…”

His ranting was quickly ceased by said bouzu who interjected with “You’re one to talk…”

“What? Uh….That’s got nothing-”

“Hey!” Sango interrupted, “I still need to bathe, that wasn’t the only reason!”

“Well….I guess I can go with you…” Kagome started to say, but was abruptly cut off with…

“Oh no you can’t!” From Inuyasha, who had no desire to give Sango an eyeful.

“Well you’re certainly not going with me!” Sango countered in Inuyasha’s direction, for the same reason…

“Keh, well you two are promised to mate, why don’t you go with each other!” He spat in her direction while gesturing towards Miroku at the same time.

“Why, I think that’s an excellent idea!” Miroku piped up.

“You would…” grumbled Shippo, who was trying to keep up with everything going on.

“Okay!” Kagome piped up, clapping her hands together. “How about I accompany Sango, so she isn’t alone, but I don’t get into the spring?”

“I guess that would work, for now…” Sango mumbled, not sure how comfortable she’d feel being naked around Inuyasha’s body, even realizing that her friend Kagome was residing within it.

Sensing her uneasiness, Kagome guessed as to what the problem was, and added “And if it’ll make you feel more comfortable, I’ll sit with my back turned, you can just bathe, and we’ll come right back.”

Sango nodded, and with supplies still in hand, walked off towards the direction of the spring, Kagome by her side.

Once they were gone, Miroku flashed Inuyasha a rather disturbing grin.

“If you’re thinking of spying, you can forget it, Kagome would smell you coming….” In more ways than one… he added in his mind.

“Of that I have no doubt…” Miroku stated rather calmly, while still smiling stupidly in his direction.

“Then what?” Inuyasha snapped, starting to feel a little uncomfortable under his steady gaze.

“Tell me, have you been enjoying this situation?” He asked, with a twisted smirk on his face.

Inuyasha didn’t get his meaning at first, and snapped back with “Hell no! It’s like my human night 24/7. I can’t see, smell, or hear anything properly…..”

“Surely, there are some advantages….”

“Huh? I don’t see how. Well, I can sense jewel shards like she could, but that’s not worth the trade in my book!”

“So…you have Kagome’s miko powers, very interesting…” He said while rubbing his chin, as if he were truly giving the subject any real thought. “Have you explored her body’s other…. ‘properties’??”

Realization finally struck, and he couldn’t stop the blush that crept up his cheeks, though he was genuinely angered and disgusted at the same time.

“What!? NO!” He snapped, bolting to his feet.

“Surely you must have at least seen your own body, when you changed clothes….” He tried, that perverted gleam in his eye never wavering.

“That’s none of your business!” He shouted, right before storming off into the woods.

Back at the hot spring, Sango tried her best to bathe quickly, while Kagome politely sat on the ground, where Sango could see her, back turned to her, so as to show she wasn’t looking.

“I’m sorry, this is a bit silly I guess…” Sango tried to mutter, while scrubbing her dusty skin.

“No need to apologize, it would seem weird to me too, to have a guy watching, even if it was supposedly a girl on the inside. I understand.”

With a flick of her ear, Kagome heard what sounded like Sango getting dressed. She waited until her friend walked right up beside her, then looking up with a smile, she rose to her feet, and together they headed back towards camp.

When they arrived, Kagome immediately noticed something wasn’t right. “Where’s Inuyasha?” She asked.

“He’s fine, just went off on his own like he usually does….” Was Miroku’s care-free response.

“Baka!” Sango shouted. “He can’t defend himself properly in Kagome’s body, what if the scent of female attracts a youkai?”

“He never lets me go off on my own, for that reason!” Kagome bellowed next.

Miroku’s expression was meant to show he hadn’t honestly considered that, and he was now beginning to feel a slight worry as well. He was used to tormenting his friend until he stormed off, and he hadn’t given any thought as to whose body it currently was.

“I’ll go find him…” Kagome said next, as she headed off into the woods in the direction her nose told her he’d gone.

Inuyasha hadn’t gone too far, he didn’t like the fact that he couldn’t smell the others, at all, and if he ventured too far from camp, he wouldn’t be able to hear them, either. His poor vision instinctively prevented him from running off as quickly as he ordinarily would have, afraid of accidentally injuring himself. He settled instead, for sitting himself down on a fallen log, far enough into the dark that they couldn’t see him, but close enough to camp that he could still see the glow from the fire.

Kagome could easily pick up his scent, and was relieved to find he hadn’t gone that far. Coming up next to where he sat on the log, she saw him looking up to acknowledge her presence, before she proceeded to sit down next to him.

“What happened?” She asked gently, the fumes of his anger and disgust radiating off of him was almost visible.

“That hentai bouzu…” he grumped, leaving it at that.

Kagome could imagine all too well, and hesitantly asked “Did he...he didn’t touch you, did he?”

“Keh, no, only asked if I touched myself!” As soon as he admitted what Miroku had said, a deep crimson blush rushed up his face, why’d he tell her that? Damn human emotions, just like on his human night, it’s harder for him to control his outbursts.

“I see…” was all Kagome managed to mumble, through her own rising embarrassment. “Don’t worry about what he thinks…” she tried adding next, “We’ll kill him together once we switch back, okay?” she added with a smirk.

“Keh…” he grumped, but smiled slightly at her joke.

“Come on…” she encouraged finally, “You’re not a hanyou right now, and you need your sleep…” she said in a rather motherly tone.

“What about you?” he asked sympathetically.

“I’m not tired….” She lied.

That night, Inuyasha slept in her sleeping bag, while she stayed awake, of her own accord, still shaken from the images of his mother being stoned to death.