InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To know you is to know myself... ❯ A little of you in me… ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================



Chap ter 17 - A little of you in me…



Inuyasha woke at dawn when his powers returned, and the simple act of stretching his body awoke the woman who was laying half beside him, half atop him. Kagome opened her eyes in time to see his raven hair fade to white, while his human ears morphed and shifted, crawling up the side of his head, like he were a shape shifter, until they were once again fuzzy triangular dog ears, which perched erect and aware at the top of his head.

“That never ceases to amaze me…” he effortlessly heard her mumble.

“Keh.” Was his articulate response.

Kagome sat up slowly, the memories of the night before rushing into her, making the small smile she’d awoke with upon her lips steadily grow larger and larger. After they had finished their season of love making, Inuyasha had held her closely to him, as he slept, for the first time she could ever recall him having slept, while in his human form. (when he wasn't injured)

“I suppose we should finish what we started…” she heard him mumble suddenly, and it pulled her from her musings.

She turned to look at him, not hiding her bear breasts as she sat up upon her bed still naked. He was laying exposed to her as well, the blankets somehow having shifted, and he made no effort to hide himself from her gaze, either.

“What do we have to do?” she asked with curiosity, and perhaps mild anxiety. She knew he was speaking of the blood bond, and had pretty much deduced the fact that it would require the physical sharing of blood, but exactly how she wasn’t privy to yet.

“We have to bite each other, and drink each other’s blood.” He informed her rather matter-of-factly.

“But my teeth won’t be strong enough to break your skin….” She muttered in concern.

“Keh, I can do that part for you, you just have to drink.”

“Okay.” She responded.

He was still amazed that she seemed willing, no, change that to eager, to perform the ritual. She really loves me… he thought in wonderment.

“You should go first…” he mumbled, sitting up as well, and gently raising an arm to pull her into him slightly. “With my blood already in your system, it won’t hurt as badly when I bite you.”

She shivered slightly at the mild realization that he would be biting into her flesh with his fangs and drinking her blood, but the end result was something she wanted more than life itself, for without him by her side, she would have no life.

“Okay.” She whispered low. Then she witnessed him bringing his right arm up to his own mouth, and biting down hard into the flesh with his fangs, until she saw a small trickle of blood leak down. He then pulled the arm away from his face, and reached it up towards hers. Without much hesitation at all, she held tentatively onto the appendage offered to her, as she brought the gushing wound to her lips, and wrapping her mouth fully around the opening he’d made, she sucked and suckled, biting into the opening he’d already created, encouraging more blood flow, as she swallowed every drop that poured out of him.

The sensations that washed through her were incredible! Almost right away her body had started tingling. The magic in his demonic blood rushed through her, as she felt her senses increasing back to what she’d gotten used to. She sighed with an air of relief when she could once again smell him properly.

She wasn’t sure how much blood she was supposed to drink, so she just kept going until he told her to stop, which she figured he would. Soon enough, she heard it, his gentle whisper of “That’s enough koishii.” She smiled into his arm as she realized he just called her beloved in his hanyou form. Ceasing her actions, she instinctively licked the wound clean to stop its bleeding. He smiled as he felt it. Though her human saliva lacked the healing properties of an inu’s, he smirked that she’d apparently acquired the natural instinct to seal the wound.

When she pulled away and looked up at him, his smirk increased when he realized she hadn’t spilt a single drop of his blood, there wasn’t even a trickle on her chin. She was good. “Okay, turn around…” he uttered huskily, the sensation of her drinking his blood making it boil slightly.

She flashed him a mild questioning glance before doing was she was told, shifting her position on the bed until she was sitting with her back to him. A tingle washed through her body when she felt him brush the hair away from her right shoulder, and trail kisses all along her neck and shoulder, focusing finally on her pulse point where her throat began. The act gave her a rather surreal vampire sensation, and then she felt it, his fangs piercing her skin. It hurt, it hurt like one would except being slowly bit by a dog would hurt, yet, she could tell that his influence in her system had definitely helped to ease the tension of the act. In a strange sort of numbing way, she was able to simply sit there and experience the pain, and she realized that it wasn’t as if it hadn’t hurt as badly as it would have otherwise, but simply that her threshold for pain had significantly increased. Just like Inuyasha could be pierced through the gut and brush it off as a scratch, she had acquired his hanyou toughness.

The pain, she found, did melt away though, once he began to suckle and drink her blood, with as much fierceness as she had shown while drinking his. At first, he hadn’t felt much of a change in his body. In other youkai/human mating cases, the youkai would acquire a connection to their human mate, but since the human had no “abilities” as it were, the youkai wouldn’t truly experience anything during the transition as the human would have. He quickly discovered, however, that his hypothesis on gaining her miko powers had proven true, as he suddenly realized, quite vividly, that he could sense the shards she possessed within the bottle that was sitting atop her writing desk. This, he thought, could only prove to be a good thing. In the back of his mind, he feared that one day trouble regarding Kikyo may again surface, but she would never again be able to label herself as merely his “shard detector” if he could in fact, detect them himself. He would make sure she knew she was his chosen, no matter what. Kikyo shall not interfere.

```````````````````````

Breakfast had been rather uneventful, aside from the knowing smiles that her mother kept flashing the both of them. But later, as they’d made their move to head towards the well, nothing was more amusing than when her grandfather, keeping with the same ol’ routine, had attempted to plaster a sutra to Inuyasha’s forehead, only to have it be effortlessly deflected against his miko barrier. He sputtered, and when they confessed their bonding, he went on to spout how a miko could not have youkai powers and still be a miko, and a youkai could not have miko powers at all! Yet, there the two of them stood, breaking more rules than they had when they’d breached the barrier of time itself. Kagome rather calmly and logically stated that spiritual powers were spiritual powers, and that not all youkai were evil, and that since they loved each other, their souls had obviously accepted one another. When he tried to say something else along the lines of youkai and hanyou being impure, she reminded him of the existence of dark mikos. They were also impure, yet still retained their powers. If there could be evil mikos (one very specific evil miko popping into her mind) then there could certainly be good youkai. He finally conceded, since the proof was in the pudding, as it were. He gave the two his blessing, and sent them on their way.

Back in Inuyasha’s side of time, the pair headed, hand in hand, back towards the village and Kaede’s hut.

Shippo was caught off guard, when Kagome seemed to have sensed him coming, and braced herself for the impact before he’d even yelled out her name in his classic 2-second warning before making impact with her body. He suddenly noticed that her scent smelled distinctly of Inuyasha, more so than it ever did when she simply got his scent on her from having ridden on his back. Sniffing frantically, they both chuckled as they saw (and heard) his little nose twitching 90 miles a minute. Then, their smiles widened, as they saw his smile widen, as realization dawned in his big green eyes.

“Bout time!” he spouted, which caught them off guard, and all three broke into a fit of mild laughter.

Heading back towards the others, Shippo entered the hut first, announcing that the pair had returned, but nothing more.

Miroku and Sango looked up in mild amusement, as they saw Inuyasha politely hold the doormat aside for Kagome to enter, before he followed her into the structure.

“You guys eat yet?” he asked, sounding as much like himself as ever.

“Yes, we just finished…” Miroku spoke up, “We assumed you’d be eating breakfast in Kagome’s world.” He added, his trademark smirk in place.

“Keh.”

“So we’re ready to head out whenever you are.” Sango said next.

“Any rumors?” Kagome asked.

“Unfortunately no.” Sango answered her friend.

Kaede watched the standard conversation with mild amusement. She could plainly sense the changes that had taken place in both Inuyasha and Kagome, and wondered how long it would be before the others noticed, too. It was clear from an expression that Inuyasha had flashed her, that he expected she was aware of what had transpired, and he and Kagome were merely playing with their friends. Glancing at Shippo, it was clear that he, too, was aware, yet he also said nothing.

“Well…” Kagome stated, pausing to visibly sniff the air. “I don’t smell any youkai around, how ‘bout you?” she turned to Inuyasha.

He closed his eyes, and appeared to be concentrating. “Don’t sense any jewel shards, aside from the ones in your pack…” he answered.

“Guess we’ll just continue to head in the direction we were going before that youkai attacked.” She said next, shrugging her shoulders.

Both Miroku and Sango stared at them drop jaw. What was going on? They were acting like themselves, they had switched back, right? About this time, Shippo couldn’t conceal his laughter any more, and when he started laughing, it caused Kagome and Inuyasha to laugh as well. Kaede tried to suppress her smirk best she could, as she addressed the pair.

“I see ye two have finally realized where ye belong.” She then left the hut to attend to her duties in the village.

“What does that mean?” Sango asked, confused out of her mind.

Realization spread across Miroku’s features, followed by a rather lecherous smirk, as he cleared his throat, and said “I see…”

“What?” Sango asked him, a little frustrated that apparently she was the last one on board here.

“Why my dear Sango…” he began, as perverted as ever, “…it would seem our friends here have…” he paused when he was afraid he was about to get his head bashed in for his words, but Inuyasha merely smirked and nodded, so he continued. “…mated.”

Glancing back across at them, Sango saw Kagome nod and smile. Sango knew through her training that inu-youkai tended to mate for life. If they had truly performed the blood bond, which it seemed as though they had, then she knew it meant that he had chosen Kagome once and for all, and as she realized this, it made her smile increase, until she was laughing, and jumped up to her feet to offer her friend a congratulatory hug. Inuyasha was prepared to once again defend himself if she’d pointed at him and insisted that he never break his mate’s heart, but he soon realized she wouldn’t ask that of him, because she already knew he wouldn’t. When she’d glanced in his direction, a mild question in her eyes, as if seeking verification, he simply lifted up the sleeve of his haori, to reveal his bonding mark. That was all she needed to know.