InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To love is to be able to let go ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*To love is to be able to let go*~

Chapter 1

Kagome's body froze when she felt something pulling her from the well. A shiver went down her spine as she turned around to see what it was. Standing before her were four people glowing faintly who look exactly like her except for the fact that each one of them seem to be only dedicated to one colour. Standing besides these four people was a lady in miko armor. She stood there glowing a faint red with the shikon no tama in her hands. She seems familiar yet Kagome could not figure out who she was.

"Who are you?" Kagome asked backing up to the well. It was freaky to see four people looking exactly like you. With her being the Sengoku Jidai, seeing this could mean anything but the probability of them killing her is very high.

"We are all part of you awakened from your part of the soul which you never dared to touch. Each one of use represent the powers you have wind (the one glowing green), water (the one glowing blue), fire (the one glowing red), and thunder (the one glowing yellow). You yourself without us have the powers of the moon. The powers to protect and heal are you main factors." The all four of them said at once.

"I am Midoriko the originator of the shikon no tama." The lady in miko armor replied.

'Okay… breathe in and out Kagome. Inuyasha has finally driven you insane. You're seeing four different versions of yourself and the powerful priestess who made the jewel shikon no tama. Maybe it's a dream I have to be dreaming. Heck this is some crazy dream I if I am dreaming.' Kagome thought putting her hand on her forehead massaging it gently trying to get the increasing headache.

"This is not a dream or are you crazy Kagome. Tonight is the night of the red moon. It's a night where all magical powers in users are heightened. You are the guardian of the shikon no tama not to mention you were chosen by the gods themselves. On this night something happened differently from what the gods wished it to be. You love for Inuyasha had allowed me to gain enough power to free myself from the shikon no tama. Kagome you are chosen by the gods and the gods are disappointed with the level of training you should have or should I say lack of training. They have given you a different path to walk today and it is your choice whether or not you want to walk it. I have awakened the powers that lay dormant inside you. Now is the time for you to choose what you want to be." Midoriko said staring at Kagome.

"I don't understand… how could I have been chosen? What path?" Kagome asked with clear confusion in her eyes.

"You were chosen Kagome. You were the only person allowed through the well to come to this time because you also belong here just as much as you belong in the future. You have to choose whether or not you want to be the ordinary high school kid. If you chose that then you will have no memory of what happened during your time here. You will not be allowed back here anymore because the well would be sealed. The other choice is to be the Miko of all elements. To be able to summon the four celestial gods, Suzaku, Seiryuu, Genbu and Byakko and become their mistress. I will train you for a week for I only have the power to remain outside of the jewel for a week. You will have to duty to protect everyone. On this day not only did you get your heart broken but the all the lands, Southern, Western, Eastern and Northern are being threatened. If you choose this path you will have to journey there and save it while searching for the shikon no tama. I took out your powers here and gave them a human form for you to see it. If you do choose being a high school kid they will forever remain out of your body."

"I…I…" Kagome stuttered. It was just too overwhelming for her to comprehend.

"Before you choose there is a draw back or you might take it as a blessing." Midoriko told her the consequences if she did choose to be a miko. 'To protect these people…to be strong. I can't forget my friends here or can I forget Inuyasha no matter how much I want to.' Kagome thought then without hesitation she nodded her head to Midoriko. The four forms of her changed back to glowing balls of energy and surged in Kagome's body. From this day on, Kagome's life changed. She is no longer the high school girl from the future but the Miko who will walk these lands as a messiah for those in needs. As the Mistress of the four animal gods.

A week went by and Inuyasha was developing a major headache. They went to search for the shikon no tama seeing the one that Kagome gave them had disappeared mysterious so they have to start all over again. They were fighting the whole way there. Shippo was whining about how much he misses 'Kagome mama' and yelling at Kikyo to go away because she is an ugly version of Kagome and stink like hell. Miroku was most quiet however he keeps muttering about the interference of spiritual powers and beings and crazy dead miko with soul snatchers. Sango was just downright pissed she would always just off to the hot springs by herself saying Kikyo would melt if she entered. Worse of all when they fought the demons, no one cooperated. Sango and Miroku went fighting themselves, covering each other. Shippo ran off to who knows where and Kikyo didn't exactly aid him inn anyway. Right now they are arguing again over something the will no question. 'Kagome… I really miss you.' Inuyasha thought miserably, looking up in the sky.

A figure flew passed them, causing everyone to be quiet by the gush of wind he/she caused. They darted out of the way when a fireball came hurdling towards the figure.

"Mou! Mi-chan did you really had to do that? I only took your rice ball. Your dead already, you don't need to eat!" a very familiar voice came from the figure.

Everyone turned around and stared at the person. A woman wearing a baby pink mini skirt and a top revealing most of the back only kept up by the strings tied around her neck. The full length white coat fell down to her waist when she flew and twisted around. Her hair was blowing gently with the wind. Her blue grey eyes were staring at them with shock and surprise. Inuyasha started at her shamelessly, trying hard not to drool, Miroku on the other hand was drooling. Realization struck Inuyasha like lightening. This was his beautiful, gently, caring … Kagome.

"Kagome! ~~" Shippo screamed flinging himself in Kagome's arms. Kagome smiled and gently hugging Shippo close to her. Kikyo narrowed her eyes, Miroku and Sango were already by her side…well Miroku was on the floor by her side for looking at Kagome the wrong way. Inuyasha was looking at her with loving eyes.

"Kag-chan! I maybe dead but heck I want my food even if I don't need to eat!" Midoriko said catching up to Kagome preparing to throw another fireball at her.

"Mi-chan, okay, okay you can have my rice ball in return. Just don't throw that thing here!" Kagome said. Under other circumstances Kagome would've fought with her but Shippo is in her arms, Miroku and Sango are both right next to her so she had to keep their safety in her mind.

"Kagome…" Inuyasha said softly. Kagome turned her head in Inuyasha's direction and locked eyes with him. It's been a week and Kagome still loves him, maybe even more. What she couldn't comprehend is the unknown emotion in Inuyasha's eyes as if he was trying to tell her something. She didn't' understand it to Miroku and Sango it seems to them that they are giving each other loving looks. 'Maybe Inuyasha is not that much of a fool as we think he is' Miroku thought looking at them both. But apparently they weren't the only ones who noticed because Kikyo saw the same thing happening between them.

"What's my copy doing still in this era? Or are you still sulking about the fact that Inuyasha chose the original instead of the copy?" Kikyo said tauntingly.

This of course pissed both Sango and Miroku off. Shippo was oblivious in what was happening since he's in Kagome's arms. Inuyasha was stuck between defending Kagome and siding with Kikyo. If he sided with Kikyo, Kagome would hate him more then he think she does. If he defended Kagome, Kikyo would kill her. So there wise choice for him to do to is remain silent. Before anyone could react Midoriko was already in front of Kikyo and slapped her.

"What would you know Kikyo? She's-"

"Let it go Mi-chan, let it go. Let's just finish what we were doing Mi-chan." Kagome said softly forcing a smile on her face.

"But Kag- chan…"

"Midoriko I think its time for us to finish what we were doing. Don't you think it is wise to do it before sunset?" Kagome asked in serious tone. It was the last day that Midoriko is allowed to stay with Kagome her human form. When the sunsets is when Midoriko has to return back in the jewel.

"I think it's wise too Kagome. Come and we shall finish what we started." Midoriko said composing herself in a regal and elegant way. It was totally different from her playfulness before. Saying goodbye to them Kagome gave Shippo to Sango and went with Midoriko. They went as fast as the winds.

"Is it just me or did Kagome-chan just fly? And did she just say that was Midoriko?" Sango asked staring at the pale where Kagome once was.

"I think Kagome-sama has become more powerful then she was before… I think she has changed a lot. With Midoriko by her side I can't even begin to imagine what happened." Miroku replied staring at Inuyasha who was just staring at Kagome's already disappeared form longingly.

"Kagome you are already able to summon the four animal gods, Suzaku, Byakko, Seiryuu and Genbu. You have nearly mastered your won abilities. I can not teach you anymore, the rest you have to train under the gods themselves. Now I think its time for you to tell you family about what has happened. I think you should find your place to stay too." Midoriko said looking at her sympathetically. After all it wasn't easy to give up on nearly everything.

It was about an hour before sunset. After the encounter with Inuyasha they had trained endlessly. For the past week Kagome had grown to adjust to Midoriko's mood swings. When she was all serious and train it was definitely best to do what she says without complaint. However when it they weren't training, she would turn back to an overgrown kid.

"Would you like to come with me, Midoriko?" kaogme asked. It's going to be hard breaking the news to her family and she's going to need all the support she can get.

"I'm afraid I can't go with you Kagome. There are matters that I must attend to before my hour is up. I'm sorry but have to do this on your own."

"Then I guess its goodbye then Mi-chan" Kagome said hugging Midoriko as she hugged back. They stood there for awhile until Midoriko started fading away. It was her way in going to one place to another in a short time period. Kagome stood there for a while before sighing and picked up her bag which had depleted a lot in size. 'Okay this is it Kagome. They would have to know sooner or later.' Kagome thought as she began the trek back to the well that linked her back to her home.

A/N: review please =D okay I suck in describing and for some reason I don't like this chapter. Review and tell me what you think please *^^*