InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ Is It Over ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Sorry if this chapter isn't too exciting. I'm kinda sleepy and bored and in need of encouragement from my loyal fans lol. So *yawn* Please Read and Review. I'm not going to ask again, I'm not that annoying all the time. Notice how this time I'm not saying whee all the time. Yeah. I'm really tired. O yea, and Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope everybody pigs out on everything. I think I'll start writing now. Ja ne.

Disclaimer: *yawn* Inu Yasha does nnn... ZZZZZ *author gets nudged awake by her annoying little brother* Huh? Oh yea, um, Inu Yasha does not belong to me in any way. But he will in my dreams... ZZZZZZZZZ



*Chapter Nine: Is It Over*

I held Inu Yasha tighter. He had no idea what was happening to him. I think he's starting to awaken his former self. We stayed like that for a while, holding each other. I had lost the rest of the Shikon Jewel. All hope was lost. I can't go back to the Sengoku Jidai to change anything, I can't protect the future. I cried for a long time. Somehow, even in his time of confusion and pain, Inu Yasha doesn't cry. You can see the sadness in his eyes, the pain welling in them, but no tears. Maybe... maybe he just can't cry. Since his mother had died, he'd never cried. He's grown thinking he's been enduring pain, but he's actually keeping it all in.

A few minutes later I felt Inu Yasha wince. I let go of him and helped him to stand up, "I- I should go fix your wound." Inu Yasha didn't say anything. His bangs were shading his eyes so heavily I couldn't see them. He is really upset. But so am I. Now that I know the world is going to crumble, I should care. It's my fault. I didn't protect the jewel enough. But, I'm more worried about Inu Yasha than anything right now. It's probably my fault he ended up like this. He was a human and was perfectly okay with that, but now I think he's turned into a hanyou.

Inu Yasha flinched, so I stopped, "Inu Yasha, are you okay? I can bring the first-aid kit outside if you want." Inu Yasha said, "No. I can't let you go alone. I'll stay with you." He's acting a lot more like Inu Yasha than even before. I pleaded, "Please Inu Yasha, you'll only make your wound worse if you move too much. I'll just walk right into the house, I'll be okay." Inu Yasha's voice broke, "No! I don't want you to get hurt again." I sighed, "Fine, but we have to try and hurry. Your wound is going to get worse." We kept walking slowly towards my house, and we walked into the front door. I gasped. "Mom! Souta!" Mom and Souta were lying on the kitchen floor, unconscious. Inu Yasha whispered, "They're okay. They were just knocked out." I helped Inu Yasha into a chair and check mom and Souta's pulse. They were alive, thank God. I dragged them into the living room and lay them on the couches.

I ran upstairs into the bathroom and grabbed a bunch of bandages and rubbing alcohol. I came back downstairs and into the kitchen. Inu Yasha was leaning on the table, breathing heavily, "Inu Yasha? Are you okay?" He nodded, "Yeah. I'm just freaked out. I should have died from that stab, but, It just hurts. Not like it's supposed to." I went over to him and he took off his shirt. There was a huge gash right underneath his ribcage, I could see through it! He laughed softly, "That's what I get for having such a big mouth." I smiled, "It's okay, I'll have you healed soon. Now that you are like this, you'll heal much faster." I took a cotton ball and soaked it in the rubbing alcohol. I barely touched his wound when he cursed, "Damn! That hurts!" I laughed, "It's rubbing alcohol. It's supposed to hurt. That means it's cleaning the wound." He clenched his teeth, "Let's get this over with." I continued to clean the wound, hearing an occasional whimper from Inu Yasha. Finally I was done. After he got up, I wrapped his stomach in the bandages.

He picked up his shirt and held it out to me, "I guess I can't wear this." He was right. It was covered in blood, and there was a big rip in it. I took the shirt and threw it out, "You want to go back to your house and get another shirt?" He shook his head, "No. I can't let Grandpa see me like this." I ran into my room and went through my closet. I found it! The hat that Inu Yasha would always wear when he came into my time. I came back downstairs and gave it to Inu Yasha, "Put this on. It helps." He put the hat on, "It really bothers these ears." I sighed, "Yeah, but you need something in order to go to your house." Inu Yasha nodded, "Yeah. But I can't stay home like this. Where am I supposed to go? And when Grandpa asks why I'm leaving, what should I say?" I thought about that for a minute. That's true. He won't have anywhere to go. "You can stay here." He started to blush slightly, "Here? Is that really okay?" I nodded, "You have nowhere else to go right? Tell you grandpa that you're going to go camping or something for a while." He nodded, his blush slightly fading, "Okay. Thanks for helping me out." He walked back to his house. I can't believe I just did that! I invited him to stay here!? Oh my God!

I went into the living room to check on Mom and Souta. After a few minutes, Souta woke up, "K-Kagome? OH! Kagome! Some evil guy came, he said he was looking for you! Where is he!? You were screaming! Where--" I held up my hand, "Souta, be quiet. That was Naraku. He came to take the rest of the Shikon Jewel. But he's gone now." He calmed down somewhat, "But, did he get it? The jewel?" I nodded, "I couldn't stop him. He was going to kill Inu Yasha." Souta's eyes got big, "Inu Yasha! He came!? Is he alright!?" I had to shush him again, "Yes, he's fine now. Just don't say anything to him. I think he's starting to realize that he's Inu Yasha's reincarnation. He kind of became a hanyou." Before Souta could question me again, I heard a knock on the door, "Kagome?" I got up, "Inu Yasha! Souta woke up." He walked into the living room. He still had the hat on, and he had a red shirt on now. "Souta, are you alright?" Souta nodded, "I'm fine. What about you?" Inu Yasha grinned, "Don't worry about me. I'll be okay." Souta gasped. I looked at Inu Yasha. His grin had exposed his fangs.

After Souta went to sleep, Inu Yasha came over to me, "Kagome, do you know something about this? That guy, he went in the well, and he wasn't there anymore. Why did he want the jewel?" I have to tell him. Now that he's become the Sengoku Jidai Inu Yasha, he has to know, "It's very complicated Inu Yasha. I know the story, but I don't know how any of it is possible." He gulped, "Please, tell me. I can't take much more of this." I sighed, "Okay. The Legend of the Shikon no Tama, or Jewel of Four Souls goes like this. The jewel has the power to enhance any demon's power a hundredfold. Many demons have fought and died trying to steal it. Soon enough, the Jewel's purity was taken. The jewel was given to the priestess Kikyo in order for it to be purified again. I am Kikyo's reincarnation. Kikyo met the hanyou Inu Yasha. He wanted the Shikon Jewel to become a full fledged demon. Eventually, the two fell in love. Kikyo asked if Inu Yasha would rather be a human. He accepted, so they planned to meet each other the next day. When the time came, Naraku disguised himself as Inu Yasha and he stole the Jewel and almost killed Kikyo. Kikyo was angered at Inu Yasha because she thought he stole the jewel. She tried to kill Inu Yasha. Inu Yasha got angry too because he thought Kikyo betrayed him. Inu Yasha found the jewel in a village so he destroyed the village and stole the jewel. Soon enough, Kikyo pinned Inu Yasha to the Goshinboku with her purification arrow, causing Inu Yasha to be put under a spell so he could be sealed away forever. Kikyo eventually died, and she had the jewel burned along with her body."

Inu Yasha was listening intently. When Grandpa used to tell me the story of the Shikon Jewel, it always bored me. The it became a part of my life. "Then one day, on my fifteenth birthday, I fell into the Bone-Eater's well in the wellhouse. I was transported thousands of years into the past. A mistress centipede tried to take the jewel from me. I didn't know I had it. I came out of the well and I saw a boy pinned to a tree. It was Inu Yasha Eventually, the centipede left me when some villagers found me. Later, the centipede came into the village for me. I ran back to the tree and the boy. The boy woke up and told me that he hated me because I was Kikyo. I told him that I am Kagome. The centipede found me and ripped open my waist. The Shikon Jewel came out of me. The centipede grew in power and her body was able to regenerate. Inu Yasha told me that he'd save me if I took the arrow out of him. So I did. Inu Yasha killed the demon and I got the Jewel back. Later on, a crow demon swallowed the jewel. When I shot the bird with an arrow, I hit the jewel. That's when it shattered into hundreds of shards. We've been searching for the shards and what I had with me before was the portion we found. Naraku had the other half. And now he has the whole jewel. Naraku was the one who killed Inu Yasha and all of my friends. He killed them." Inu Yasha swallowed, "So, that means he's going to increase his power?" I nodded, "He had too much power before with half of the jewel. I think that's how the freak snowstorm and earthquake came. But now that he has the whole thing, I'm sure the world as we know it will crumble." Inu Yasha shuddered, "That bastard. But, how does that have anything to do with me? How did I turn into this?"

I sighed, "Remember how I said I'm the reincarnation of Kikyo? It's true. I really did go into the Sengoku Jidai. The well is a portal, but I can't go back unless I have a shard of the Shikon Jewel with me. And I don't. But if I really am the reincarnation of Kikyo, then I think you might really be the reincarnation of Inu Yasha. The Inu Yasha I knew in the Sengoku Jidai." Inu Yasha nodded, "You really did go through all that? Wow. So that Inu Yasha guy really was a hanyou. But, how come you never transformed to look like Kikyo, and I had to transform to be Inu Yasha?" I bit my lip, "I think it's because since Kikyo was a human, and I already was a human, I didn't have to change. I already looked a lot like her anyway. But since you were a human, and Inu Yasha was a hanyou, you've had to go through a transformation so you could truly realize that you are his reincarnation." Inu Yasha closed his eyes, "So I guess I'm stuck like this."

Mom came into the room, "Kagome, what's going on?" I got up, "Mom, are you alright?" She nodded, "Yes, I've just got a little headache. What happened?" I explained about Naraku coming and taking the rest of the Shikon Jewel. She sighed, "I'm sorry Kagome. You should get some rest after all of this commotion." I shook my head, "Inu Yasha has to stay here. His grandpa can't find out about this. He's transformed into his hanyou self." Mom turned and started to walk upstairs, "Okay then Kagome. But you must get some sleep tonight, there's too much on your shoulders right now." I smiled, "Okay."

I set up a bed for Inu Yasha on the couch in the living room. He was really tired. Probably after fighting Naraku and getting an injury like that, he wore himself out. I was in my room. I opened the drawer in my desk and took out a small switchblade I had. Now that the world is ending, I might as well end myself. I failed Inu Yasha. He died trying to save me, and I couldn't protect the jewel. I flipped open the blade and shivered. It's really difficult to take a life, especially if it is your own. I brought the blade to my wrist and held it there. I couldn't bring myself to do it. A tear slipped down my cheek. I threw the knife on the floor and I cried on my bed. I cried myself to sleep.

~Inu Yasha held me close to him, "Kagome, please, don't leave me." I didn't know how I got there, or how Inu Yasha was right there with me, but I turned to face him, 'Why would I leave you Inu Yasha, when I love you." I said it. Now I have nothing left to regret. I was so happy. I'm in love and I told him! Inu Yasha smiled, "I love you too Kagome." He leaned in closer to my face. I leaned forwards, I wanted to be near him, I wanted to kiss him. Just then something made me look into the forest. Inu Yasha pulled away and sighed. I got up, "Inu Yasha, a Shikon Shard is near." Inu Yasha got up slowly and sniffed the air, "It's Naraku." Just then I heard Inu Yasha scream in pain. A tree root was through his chest and out of his back. I screamed, "INU YASHA!" Inu Yasha smirked, "Kagome, please, I let this happen so you could be safe. I love you, and I'm glad you're safe. Don't make the same mistakes I did." Then he sighed, and his chest stopped moving. He was dead.~

"INU YASHA!" I woke up in a cold sweat, tears streaming down my face. Inu Yasha doesn't want me to die. He doesn't want me to kill myself like he allowed Naraku to kill him. I can't do it now. I have to stay here. Then I heard somebody running up the stairs. My door slammed open and Inu Yasha was there, "Kagome!" I stared at him, "Inu Yasha..." Inu Yasha looked at me. He saw me crying, "What's wrong Kagome? What happened?" He came closer, slowly. I started shaking, "He wants me to live." Inu Yasha asked, "What? Who?" "Inu Yasha." "You mean, that other Inu Yasha? From the Sengoku Jidai?" I nodded, "Yes. He told me not to make the same mistakes he did." I saw Inu Yasha scan the room and stop on the open switchblade on the floor, "You mean, you tried to... end it?" I hesitated. I didn't want him to think I was suicidal. But what would he think about the knife on the floor? So I said, "Yes." He closed his eyes, "It can't be that bad, can it?" I sighed, "I couldn't protect the Shikon no Tama. The world is pretty much done if the jewel is in Naraku's hands. I couldn't do it. What's the point of suffering when Naraku crushes us, when I could easily stop the pain now!?" Inu Yasha grabbed my shoulders, "Shut up! Stop saying things like that! No matter how bad things get, you've got to have some hope! I know it sounds weird coming from me, but it's true. Hope really helps sometimes." I looked into his eyes. He really wanted me to live. I shook my head, "Okay. I'll try. I really will. I-I just want to sleep now. Get this out of my system." Inu Yasha looked at me. His eyes were so full of anxiety. He didn't want to leave me alone. He thought I'd try to kill myself again. Finally he nodded, "Okay. Just, please, don't do anything to hurt yourself." He turned and went back downstairs. I sighed and fell back into my pillows. I guess that was my last chance to try that.



*End Chapter Nine*


InvincibleInuYasha: Short again? Yep. Happy Thanksgiving by the way. I ate too much. Blah. So yea, I'll try to squeeze in the next chapter tonight. I might have a hard time though because my cousins are really crazy and since I'm pretty much as crazy as them, I'll be running around in circles with them. So, REVIEW! Ja ne.