InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ Reincarnation ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Hey! Last chapter sucked, it was too short, blah, blah, blah. I'm gonna try to make this chapter twice as long! Because it's all about Inu Yasha! YAY! So read and review! REVIEW! Speaking of reviews, thanks soooo much to kagomeinuyashafan for reviewing so graciously! lol! Please, learn from their example and review! I'll cry if you don't! Actually, I won't cry. I'll just get really angry and beat you with this rubber chicken! *buckock!* Oops... the RUBBER chicken!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except this little sticker with the word 'AWESOME!' on it! Which means that Inu Yasha doesn't belong to me... *sob*




*Chapter Eight: Reincarnation*



I glanced over at Kagome. She was really getting upset over this whole mess. Well, she's gonna have to get better too. But, she was really worried for me, not her. Maybe I really am that bad. I probably could have died. Now she doesn't want me to get left back again. It was weird. Why should she bother worrying and crying over me? Well, I guess I did save her life, so she says.

I closed my eyes again. I wasn't really so tired yet. So I started thinking. Before, I passed out. Then, I started dreaming. I really was going to kill myself that time, I couldn't stop myself. But, my mother stopped me. She was supposed to be dead. Then my father came from out of nowhere. I was little again. They said we could all start over again, from the beginning. They wanted to rebuild my childhood with me. I didn't want them to leave. Suddenly, we were all back in the small town my mother raised me in. The children there were nice to me, my parents were alive, we were happy for a while. Then the sky got dark really fast. My father began to fade away. He said he had to protect my mother. My mother was crying for a long time but I couldn't do anything about it. I wanted to run. I wanted to get away. I couldn't take the pain of staying where I was, in the dark, filled with sadness. I opened the door to our house, and I saw. I saw the man who had come and killed my mother. He grabbed me by my neck and lifted me into the air. I couldn't breathe. He didn't say anything, he just went into the room where my mother was crying. He threw me against the wall, I gasped for air, I was dizzy. Then the man took out a knife. I screamed for my mother, and I fought the man. I bit him, but he punched me back against the wall. I screamed again. My mother was going to die. The man kicked my stomach and everything went hazy. I heard a scream, a cry for help from my mother. Then everything went quiet. I woke up and I saw Kagome there.

Reliving all the pain just made everything worse. My parents, my mother crying for my father every other night, her scream... It was too much. And I know I tried to kill myself once, but now I think back on it, and I realize that I was really messed up then. To think of killing myself now, I can't. I couldn't. I have a perfectly good life now as it is. I'll get better soon. I haven't lived long enough. I've never seen so many things! For now, I just want to rest, get better, so when I'm well, I can go out and see the world. I want to see everything that the world has to offer. But in order to do that, I have to take care of myself. So I'll rest now. I closed my eyes, and fell asleep again.

For the rest of the month Kagome kept me company all day. We had to share our room, so it was okay to have somebody to talk to. Kagome had gotten fully recovered. She'd already started physical therapy, and her frostbite and pneumonia was gone. So now I'm alone again. Kagome comes as much as she can, bringing my textbooks so I could study. She really wanted me to keep up my grades in school. My recovery was going well. After two months in the hospital, I was almost ready to go. I could move a lot better and there was barely any pain. The doctors said I had recovered faster than they'd ever believed possible. Most patients who got such severe frostbite would have to have an amputation, but my whole body was getting back into shape. A week later, I left. The doctors all said I was good to go. I think they fed me too much though. I'm getting flabby. I should hit the gym as soon as I get home.

Kagome came over my house after school the day I left the hospital, "It's amazing that you're okay already Inu Yasha! Another person would have had to be in the hospital for two more months. You recovered in half the time an average person would." I smiled, "Yeah, I'm a fighter. I'm not going down so easily." Kagome laughed, "Well, you're okay now, that's all that matters. Now, even though you did a lot of studying in the hospital, you've still got a lot of catching up to do." I yelled, "What!? I studied my brains out! There's no way in hell I'm falling behind!" Kagome looked in one of her notebooks, "In History, we're half way through the explanation of World War II-" I held my hand out, "Covered. I'm finished with the whole entire war!" Kagome continued to peer into her notebooks, "Math, multiplication and division of numbers and exponents-" "Done." "Science, Simple Machines- " "Finished." "English, we're reading a novel-" "I finished the freakin' novel while I was in the hospital! I'm up to date! I'm not going for extra help after school, no way." Kagome stared at me in shock, "Wow! You really hate school that much that you'd study so hard to get out of it!" I folded my arms and pouted, "Feh. So what. I got the work done so I don't see why I should have any trouble." Kagome laughed, "Your really tricky. Well, I got to go. I'll see you in school tomorrow?" I unfolded my arms and smiled, "Yeah. I'll be there." Kagome smiled and walked back to her house.

I got up a little early for school the next day. I got ready and walked over to Kagome's house to see if she was ready yet. Again, Kagome's mother let me inside and she offered me some breakfast while I was there. Now, let me tell you, it was great. Mrs.Higurashi makes the best pancakes ever! Too bad one of them was hanging out of my mouth when Kagome came into the kitchen. She blushed really brightly when she saw me. I guess I was eating a bit too rudely. I swallowed and said, "Hey Kagome!" Kagome's blush began to fade, "Oh, hey Inu Yasha. I already had breakfast before you came. So, are you ready to go to school?" I nodded, "Yep." Then I saw Kagome looked at me as she pointed to her chin. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, "What?" Kagome said, "There's so syrup on your face." Now it was my turn to blush. I wip[ed my mouth and said, "Happy now? Let's go."

At school a bunch of kids crowded around me asking questions like, 'Did you really save all those people?' 'Is your frostbite gone?' all that crap. After answering the same question for the millionth time, I got up, " Shut up!" I grabbed Kagome's wrist and helped her walk through the crowd of people with me. Once we had gone to a less crowded hallway, Kagome laughed, "It's like you've become a celebrity already!" I sighed, "Feh. They hated me when I first came here. Now when I do something a little courageous and end up in the hospital, they all love me. They're all the same." Kagome shook her head angrily, "You've been talking badly about people for a while now. It's really starting to bug me." I yelled, "It's true! They're all the same! No matter where I go, everybody hates me! Especially after Kikyo was killed!" I shut up immediately. Kikyo... Kagome looked up in shock, "Somebody was killed?" I closed my eyes, "Yes. I saved her once. Then, we started to hang out. Everybody liked Kikyo, so they started to hate me since she wanted me with her all the time. So when she was killed a few weeks later, everybody hated me for not protecting her again. Some of them even thought I killed her." Kagome slapped a hand over her mouth, "Oh my God. I-I'm sorry." I shrugged, "It's okay. I shouldn't have even mentioned it." We didn't talk for the rest of the day.

I got home and slammed the door to my room. Now I had Kikyo on my mind again! Damnit. I laid down on my bed and started to drift off to sleep. Even though I was asleep for a few hours, judging my the darkness outside, it felt like I had only been asleep for minutes when Grandpa Myoga burst through my door, "Inu Yasha! Wake up!" I jerked up and almost ran into the old man, "What is it!? What happened!?" Grandpa panted for air, "Inu Yasha! It's horrible!" I got up, now fully awake, "What!? Tell me old man!" Grandpa clutched his chest, "There's a-a sp-sp-spider in my room!" My jaw dropped, "Wha-? A... a spider?" Grandpa nodded, his big eyes even bigger. My eyebrow twitched. This old man scares the hell out of me for this!? "Grandpa!" I punched the back of his head. Grandpa looked up innocently at me, "What? I didn't do anything!" I sighed. He obviously didn't get it. I walked into his room and saw a tiny little bug you could hardly call a spider on the windowsill. I squished it. Grandpa jumped up and hugged me, "Oh thank you! You saved me!" I shoved him off, "It was a goddamned spider!" I ran back to my room before Grandpa would give me more 'thanks', and I looked out of my window.

The moon was shining brightly among the stars. It was a beautiful cloudless night. But it all reminded me of Kikyo. I looked back down at Kagome's house. I saw Kagome running out of the door. Wait... she's running kind of fast. Somebody's chasing her! Then I heard her scream. I ran downstairs and flew out of the door, "Kagome!" I ran up the big stone steps that led up to the shrine as fast as I could. I got to the top and kept running. I winced a few times. The frostbite's still hurting. But all I can think of is Kagome. Where is she? Is she okay? I heard more screams from inside. Her family... I had to find Kagome! I turned sharply around the side of the shrine and I saw Kagome running towards a huge tree. I was about to call out to her when I heard her scream, "Inu Yasha! Look out!" Before I could turn around, I felt something wrap around my whole body and my mouth. I couldn't move if I tried. I struggled against the bindings when I heard a deep, venomous voice say, "Kagome, give me the jewel, or he dies." I saw tears in Kagome's eyes. Kagome started to sob uncontrollably and she fell against the tree. The voice from behind me said, "You have no choice. You'd rather have another life lost for you to live? That is just selfish." The voice had a way of being menacing and intimidating, while being very calm at the same time. Kagome cried, "Shut up! You killed them all!" Oh! This bastard is the guy who killed all of her friends!? I'll kill him! I fought against the bindings, but they wouldn't budge. They only tightened, making it hurt even more. I could hardly breathe, and the struggle made my limbs weak from the frostbite. Kagome looked like she hesitated before she tugged a chain off from her neck. On the end was what looked like a broken pearl, glowing a powerful pink. How could it glow? Grandpa told me legends about a sacred jewel from the past but... it couldn't be true. Kagome reluctantly threw the jewel at my feet. I saw a man dressed in purple and black old-fashioned kimono with long hair in a half ponytail. He picked up the glowing jewel and laughed. It was the most foul laugh I ever heard. Filled with evil and hate.

The coils wrapped just a little tighter around me. I could see them now. They looked like... tree roots? Finally the vine over my mouth released my head. I gasped for air. Then I yelled to Kagome, "Are you alright!?" Kagome looked at me. Her eyes. It looked like she thought it was the end of the world. Kagome screamed at the other man, "I hate you Naraku! You cruel, heartless beast!" The man, whom I assumed was Naraku, walked over to Kagome. I yelled, "Get away from Kagome you bastard!" But he didn't listen. He stopped in front of Kagome and suddenly, another one of those tree root things shot out from his sleeve and wrapped around Kagome's neck! Kagome let out a choked cry. I screamed, "KAGOME!" Naraku laughed, "Kagome. You stupid human. Even after you left your friends to be killed by me, you still try to protect the jewel." Then he turned to me and held Kagome about five feet away from me, "And you, human. Pathetic. So much like that hanyou, Inu Yasha. No wonder Kagome seems to have taken a liking to you." I yelled, "Shut up and let Kagome go!" Naraku continued to laugh that horrible laugh, "You fool! How could you command me to do something when you are in a position where I could kill you at any time I please?" He smirked as the roots tightened even more. I coughed. The roots were constricting my lungs, I couldn't breathe." I stared at Kagome. She was unconscious, "I- I don't care what you do to me... Put Kagome down, or you'll have to face me." Naraku continued his laughing, "Oh no. I think I can put the two of you to good use. I'll use you for my torturing pleasure. Or maybe I should kill Kagome now, in front of you. You'll suffer, knowing that even though you were so close, you couldn't do a thing to save her. Then I could torture you even further. How's that sound?" I growled, "You sick BASTARD!"

My eyes burned with fury, I could only see red. Then top of my head seared with pain. I could hear everything ten times better then before. I could smell where that bastard was, and where Kagome was. I thrashed at the roots and they tore apart as easily as paper. I heard Kagome fall and cough. I calmed down a little bit, knowing Kagome was still alive. Naraku looked at me with satisfaction, "You have finally awakened your true self once again, Inu Yasha." I snarled, "Shut the hell up! I'll kill you!" I ran at him and tore at the roots he continued to regenerate. After a while of warding Naraku away from the shrine, I noticed he was moving towards the well house. When I was caught off guard, he shot one of his roots through my body. It came out at the other side. It hurt, but not as badly as I expected it to. But it slowed me down. I watched as Naraku leapt into the well. I looked down, but all I saw was the smooth floor of the well. I cursed under my breath, "Damn." I walked back over to where Kagome was. I picked her up and cradled her in my arms, "Kagome..." I whispered, "Kagome... Please, get up..." After a few minutes, Kagome stirred. She opened her eyes, "I-Inu Yasha?" I nodded, "Yeah. It's me. Are you okay?" Kagome's eyes opened wide and she sat up, "H-how did you...? You came back!" She hugged me tightly, but pulled away quickly when I winced. She gasped, "Your stomach!" I shrugged, "It's okay. I'll take care of it later." I saw her hesitate, but then she reached onto the top of my head and rubbed my ears. Wait... How did my ears get there!? I jumped back and screamed, "What the hell is going on!?" Kagome bit her lip, "What's wrong Inu Yasha!" I stared at her and started muttering under my breathe, "This... this has got to be a dream..." Kagome's eyes filled with tears, "Inu Yasha? How can you say that? I'm here! I'm real!" She held her hands out to me. I cautiously walked back towards her. Then I took one of her hands in mine. It was warm... and real. I was scared. I'll admit it, I was horrified, "I... What? If this is all real... then how my ears move to the top of my head?" I looked down at my hands, "And how did my nails grow so long! Ow!" I bit my tongue. My teeth were pointy and sharp. Fangs? "Fangs?" Kagome looked at me like I was crazy.

"Inu Yasha? What does a car do?" What? Why was she asking such a stupid question like that now? "What? Wait, What's wrong with me!?" Kagome was holding back her tears, "Inu Yasha, please answer my question." I sighed, "A car is a vehicle that drives you where you want to go. Can you please tell me now what's going on?" Kagome gulped, "So, you're not Inu Yasha from Sengoku Jidai?" I shook my head, "The Feudal Era? No way! Kagome, it's me! Inu Yasha! I go to school with you! I live next door!" Kagome just burst to tears. I hugged her and started shaking, "Kagome, I'm scared. I'm terrified, you have no idea. I don't know what's happening to me. Please, just tell me if you know anything." I was about to have a nervous breakdown. Something was going on with my body, I have no idea. Kagome just hugged me, avoiding my forgotten wound, "I'm sorry Inu Yasha. I don't know." I hugged her tighter. What's going to happen to me? To us?


*End Chapter Eight*



InvincibleInuYasha: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! Inu Yasha's unhospitalized! And... omg, how did Naraku get into Kagome's time!? What's going on with Inu Yasha! And who was this Kikyo that disturbs Inu Yasha's past!? Whoa, info overload! Wow, I can't keep up with myself! Sorry if you can't either, I'll try to evenly spread out the events instead of cramming them all into one chapter. So review! Ja ne!